Mount Sinai Health System

Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great Benefits, Various Schedules to choose from. Management could be better, I worked here a little over a year and had several different managers constantly changing the management staff. Other then that its a decent place to work.
Family-like work environment providing excellent family-centered care
RN NICU (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 27, 2015
travel nursing assignment on NICU unit. The staff is worm and energetic with a focus on providing excellent nursing care.
Actually my worst job-NYEE Infirmary
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2015
The majority of us worked in fear. The administrator was a tyrant. Any down time was ridiculed even when we were using the time to catch up on our notes, filing, etc. We were made to go to other departments and collect their documents to be shredded like dogs. It was very embarrassing and degrading the way the director treated us and we "all' saw the difference in treatment when it came to those more equal to her. My only regret is that we didn't all hire a lawyer to fight for our rights. I still have nightmares about the treatment I would get after calling out or being late to work. Human Resources knew all about her since there was such frequent hiring and firing but did nothing about it.
Also, in one full year, I received a 25 cents raise.
Pros
Motivation to continue my education so that I may enter a facility that treats me like a human being
Cons
Treatment from director, lack of raises, pressure, horrible treatment, no union
Love working at the hospital; assisting deaf patients
Deaf Access Programs - Clinical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2015
Enjoyed working closely with sign language interpreters, deaf patients and hospital staffs. Provided social services and supports. Enjoyed new challenges and experiences.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
No time for a break
Healthcare System merger
Sr. Consultant (eCW Director) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2015
I worked for Mt. Sinai when they merged/acquired Continuum Health Care. The culture was evolving slowly towards the Sinai based culture. The usual challenges were present with ant such merger.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Cultural classes between health systems and not knowing all the key players on the Sinai side.
Large Healthcare System, many opportunities
IT porfessional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2015
The workplace is providing many opportunities to grow and develop. Fantastic co-workers. Good atmosphere. Advanced technology.
its a job that pays the bills and is never boring.
Security Office and Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2015
I have had different jobs and therefore different experiences throughout my life. but recently working in both Mt Sinai Hospital and Radio city music hall has vastly improved my overall people skill set.by having both tragic and jouus occasions at both work places.
Pros
working in the med school, attending great events, meeting people from all over the world.
Cons
restrainibg patients, dealing with intoxicated people.eyc
never worked, complex skills.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Newark, NewjerseyNovember 20, 2015
not good. not worked . I have worked in bethi srael hospital. T eaching hospital. Co workers were good. I got experience in kidney transplant patient care and got certification in renal nursing.
Worst laboratory.
Histology Technician Dermatology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2015
New management has made impossible to work there. Too many accidents has occurred within the laboratory. One person passing away at his station, no one aware of this unfortunate passing until he was found 20 minutes later.
Love my team of Nurses
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2015
As my first job and my first experience as a Registered Nurse, I truly enjoyed working here. All the staff were supportive and worked together. I learned a lot working in inpatient Mental and Behavioral Health.
Pros
Staff, location in city.
Cons
commute was long and I worked 5 days a week.
Mount Sinai had a solid reputation in the community until its closing
RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 12, 2015
Mt Sinai worked with the employees and in general treated them fairly. They allowed you to balance work and home life and coworkers were great to work with.
productive place to work
medical billing (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2015
this hospital was a very great experience in my life and i have learned alot from this hospital my co workers were very helpfiul to me and my boss was the greatest
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
expensive health care
Pleasant Environment
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 3, 2015
I enjoyed working for Mount Sinai Hospital, unfortunately the pay was too little. The atmosphere was pleasant, Management was great, this is a good company to work for if your local.
I like working at mount sinai hospital.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2015
I enjoy working at Mount Sinai hospital for 11 years. I have learned a lot and have different experiences for mount sinai hospital.
My co-workers are fun to work with and the management team is sometimes challenging but over all they do their best to accommodate their employees needs. I have also floated and worked different units at Mount Sinai Hospital such intensive care unit (M.I.C.U.), pediatrics unit,
medical surgical units, labor and delivery unit and mother/baby unit.
As of today, I still working at Mount Sinai Hospital and I am glad that I accomplish a lot of skills from this hospital as a whole. Thank you.
Pros
I like working with the people and the enivornment at mount sinai hospital.
Cons
mount sinai benefits such as raises, pension, or retirement is not to promising like other health facilities or hospitals.
review
Client Service Representative (laboratory) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2015
mount sinai is a great place to work. management is okay. great benefits. hours vary. plenty of supportive people. professional atmosphere
Great staff, loyal and motivated
Manager, Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
Wonderful place to work, great Administrators and leadership. I advanced through hard work, great work relationships developed. Great benefits, Great patient care. Wonderful location.
Productive and fast pace
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2015
A great company, focussed on patient care and employee satfsfaction. My supervisor was very supportive. The culture was just
excellent place to work
Chief Technical Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
I have been here for almost 4 years and it has been a great working experience. The level of professionalism and dedication to the staff is commendable. I plan to retired here.
Very Fast paced environment
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  New yorkOctober 22, 2015
Had to be on my toes constantly and be a very good multi-tasker. Overall great company. I learned how to use a lot of different software.
Productive and Fun work place.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2015
A typical day on the job would be; coming into work and being told you have to float to another department. I enjoyed that a lot that gave me a chance to be expose to a greater level of Patient Care.

I learned a book load of Medical terminology. Management was awesome! I enjoyed the managerial staff. The hardest Part of the Job was coming into work expecting to see your patient in Bed 2. And you are being told by the charge nurse the Patient has passed away; and all you could think about is helping that patient to the bathroom for the last time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is learning how to speak
"RUSSIAN" with the patient's and wearing antlers for Christmas while taking vitals.
Pros
Ice Machine
Cons
No chapels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Sinai Health System Reviews by Location