Mount Sinai Health System Employee Reviews

sweep mop and dust
Houskeeping (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
sweep mop and dust arrival area emergency room and all bath room and assist with inventory also help with intake of patient care with is a plus in total
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
love medical and dental and 401k benefits and meeting great people. Depending on the depart manager rarly promote or offer training to current staff so you most look after yourself
Pros
great networking setting, meet great people
Cons
depend in what dept for growth
It was very disorganized hours was all over the place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2017
It was good work expierence but they where very disorganized it was a lot of drama the hours where everywhere and they didn't like coming to agreements when it came to family arrangements
Great
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2017
Great Nurses and patients. Mixed culture of patients which allows better service and learning opportunities. Very good location and chances for advancement.
great work place
Medical Secretary, Rehabilitation Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
great work place. coworkers became family.
clean and safe place.
management was great.
multicultural work place.
the hardest part off my job was walking away from it.
enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
great benefits
Productive place to work
Surgical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
Mount Sinai is an Institution that strives for education, research and excellent patient care. This institution provides an environment that one wishes to grow and learn more and more.
Productive rewarding place
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2017
Busy and fulfilling hospital. Diverse culture and loved maternity, peds and nicu. Delivering drugs to save lives is rewarding. Very nice pharmacists and atmosphere.
Pros
Low cost employee lunches with good food.
Cons
Productive, fast paced and engaging
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work is chaotic, we are a busy fast paced department where everything is happening. To be able function in the department, you have to be able to proactive, not reactive. A team player as well as a person who is adaptable. A quick thinker, a self starter who requires minimal supervision and still be able to get the job done.
I have learned to get the job done you have to be adaptable, bendable and flexible. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help every caller, although you have given your all, with the limited information the caller has, it becomes a challenge sometimes.
The most enjoyable part of the day is when I am able say I was able to get through to a department for a patient to schedule that well needed appointment.
Pros
Changes are happening everyday, and the learning process is great
Cons
Proper staffing
productive and fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 21, 2017
Room for growth in the company
great benefits
Pays well, Takes care of their employees
Great bunch of people to work with
Doctors respect employees
It's cool
Patient Services Associate (Current Employee) –  1500 s CaliforniaJuly 20, 2017
Great people to work with something to wake up to every knowing you have great people around you .THEY TREAT YOU LIKE YOU ARE FAMILY. I love my job just have a better opportunity sometimes
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Breaks cool reasonable
A great place to work with caring staff
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 14, 2017
you come in and generated a list of inpatients and started cart filling then after Pharmacist checked it you delivered to the floor, My Co workers were awesome and are missed ! The hardest part for me was the layofffs that happened every year
Pros
room to grow
Cons
layoffs
Patient Care Associate
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2017
This facility opened many opportunities for me. I learned education is key in order to play an important role in the care of patients. I am thankful for beginning my medical journey here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Committed to providing excellent care to the community.
Emergency Department RN (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Fast paced busy ED with high acuity and volume. Great team work. All staff committed to providing excellent patient care to the community. Very visible and involved leadership.
Pros
Team work, positive mission and values.
Cons
Old facility, not enough money for updates
Nice place to work
Senior Human Resources Employee Records (Former Employee) –  California Ave @ 15th St. Chicago, Il 60608July 10, 2017
I really enjoyed my 23 years at Sinai. Sinai was always willing to train. Learned a lot about employee audits, verification of employment, maintaining over 3,000 files. Work visas, etc.
Pros
Learned alot.
Cons
The pay.
Dinner partys on holidays
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  New York County, NYJuly 8, 2017
When I first started I was excited to be part of something so amazing and rewarding, but once I was hired the whole energy of the place changed. Some mgmt was cold and very brush offish. They made me feel they was to busy to talk and have a civil conversation with certain people. Yhere is alot of favoritism there. It's not the whole hospital that's like that just the patient transporter dept.
They have some very young people running the dept 18 and 19 year olds. Power is not for everyone. There's power given which was given to them and they didn't know how to use it. They abused it.
Pros
Raffles of gifts
Cons
Long hours, not flexible with family/work life
Fast paced
Dental Assistant/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 8, 2017
Working for MS was like working for a farm mill. The amount of patients seen in a day was crazy. Great group of people to work with but the days were long and draining.
Benefits
Cons
The amount of patients in a day
Large Health System with positive work environment
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
At the time of my employment I worked for Continuum which was a good entry position for the healthcare world with a strong management presence and positive executive culture.
Great Place
Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2017
Excellent place to work in. Gave me an opportunity to grow. Promotes within. Great salary and staff. Clean environment. Many opportunities to take it to the next level
High intensity work environment
Registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2017
Mount Sinai Hospital is a great place to work if you're looking for a high paced, high intensity work environment. As a new nurse you learn how to manage time and work efficiently under pressure.
Workplace environment going through multiple changes
Revenue Control & Integration - Audit Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2017
Formally known as Continuum Health Partners, Mount Sinai already known to the upper east side and Queens has taken over Beth Israel in Manhattan and Brooklyn, St. Luke's, Roosevelt and New York Eye & Ear. This takeover has not gone smoothly erupting into chaos as many clinical professionals started departing the organization without notice. Mount Sinai has forgot the human approach in which needs to be taken when dealing with the everyday middle class New York employee. It's almost become a robotic environment. I'm sure with time everything will work itself out. However if your personal life already has change whether positive or negative (new baby, new living situation, family crisis) I would not suggest working in an environment that is chaotic and changing daily. It would not be the right fit for you. But if your living the New York dream with no outside stress or real life issues then working for Mount Sinai could be an environment for you.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not strong enough management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Health System. Our community is ready to answer.