Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida

Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida Employee Reviews

Daily Summary
Patient Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2017
This position was great in regards to work/life balance. The culture was very nurturing in helping their employees transition to the positions needed and networking. A typical day would involve signing in and making rounds around the medical center in resolving any issues with doctors and patients.
Pros
Compensation, Work/Life balance, culture
Cons
Opportunities for advancement
Buena
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 25, 2017
Se trabaja bien, buen equipo de médicos y tecnicos
Pros
Buen trabajo
Cons
Salario
Co workers that become family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Miami BeachMarch 8, 2017
Mount Sinai is located In a nice area in Miami Beach, the facility is clean and beautiful. The employees are very nice and friendly for the most part. In my unit the charge nurses are very knowledgeable and supportive. Directors are willing to accommodate your work schedule to personal or school needs. The pay it's not the best, other facilities pay more than this one. There's child care and a school on campus. Overall I love working here. I plan to stay here for many years to come.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Low pay
mount sinai
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2017
love love love working here. the employees are great to work with very friendly and willing to help you with anything you run into problems with. supervisors are wonderful you'll get along with them well. mount sinai workers are more like family once you join the team
Lay back work environment
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 16, 2017
started in the dish room and eventually was granted the opportunity to learn about patient diets and modifications to those diets. Management was okay I guess. for the most part it wasn't all that good. some of the hardest moments at the job was the constant changes in department operations. Other than that the more enjoyable moments for me was knowing that my hard work made a difference in the lives of the patients I got the chance to meet along the way.
Pros
beautiful scenery, organized facility
Cons
low pay, no job security, short hours, short breaks
Is a ok place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Benefits are excellent , Drs are not very communicative maybe is the field related attitude nurses are great anesthesia doctors excelent .
Pros
Not to many hours always looking for budget
Cons
Very nice hospital to work with
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Nights shift, all unitsDecember 23, 2016
Learned a lot of things about people who have mental illnesses, how to deal with them, learned the different kinds mental sicknesses, how to help them get back to feet again
Worst experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Management was horrible! If there was a problem in the office, they would not do anything about it! Female doctors treated and talked to the staff as if they were "better" than you and let you know that too! ALOT of favoritism, if your not in the "in"crowd, you will be out the door or bullied until you leave. HR DOES NOT do their job well, this is a department that needs a thorough cleaning! So if you do accept a job with this company, you have been warned! You have no chance to grow or transfer offices, nor does HR help you in anyway possible.
Pros
Health events
Cons
Employee parking lot, bad management
Worth it..Everyday
ICU Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 9, 2015
From a young business graduate student I'm privilege to say Mount Sinai Medical Center Miami Beach is more than professional when caring for all the patients and employees with the S.I.N.A.I way! Mount Sinai is truly a life changing, heart healing and is priceless impact to the unpredictable future to our family, friends and community in the city of Miami, Florida. We love you!

Operation:

Need to know/narrate
Answer
Impact.

Fundamentals:
Mount Sinai Medical Center has over 3,500 employees, 500 volunteers, 672 beds, 26 operating suites and 650 physicians. Mount Sinai was incorporated in March 11, 1946, and opened on its current location on Sunday, December 4, 1949.

For the Future:
Each year, Mount Sinai invests $20 million in its teaching programs to train approximately 166 residents and others to be doctors in 17 medical specialties. Mount Sinai’s undergraduate medical education program serves more than 300 students yearly. The allied health program trains more than 500 students for health care professions.

Benefits:
Competitive salaries, medical, dental and prescription drug United Medical Health Insurance, 19 days paid time off, VALIC that stands for Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company 403(b) plan that matches 100%, an onsite credit union, on site health coach, free online CEU program, discount on meals and tuition reimbursement if full time employee.

*Everyone is encouraged to summit
  more... ideas, suggestions and recommendations
*19 Buildings in Miami Beach
*Largest memory disorder center in Florida (Wien Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Memory Disorders)
*State-of-the-art Comprehensive Cancer Center
*Outstanding Achievement Award

Mount Sinai Medical Center is the only hospital in Florida to win this award three times in a row and one of only 23 hospitals nationwide, which puts us among the top .15% of all accredited cancer programs in the country.

I hope this information better helped you in what Mount Sinai is truly stand for and is.

Godbless you,

Romans 8:11
11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
Very productive and great workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 7, 2013
The people at Mount Sinai were very efficient and productive. The environment when working is amazing.
Pros
Food
Cons
Breaks
Great environment
Administrative Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 18, 2013
They have a great a culture and environment and I learned how a large hospital facility functions on a day-to-day basis.
A lot of room for improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 6, 2013
This hospital struggles in every way....lack of cohesiveness
Overall a good place to work
Physician Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 15, 2013
Everyone is very nice and easy to contact and communicate with. Management seems to be controlling the work environment in a proper and professional way. However, it is having trouble adapting to the fast pace in growth. I get along with my coworkers and superiors. I have no complaints about working for this organization.
Pros
friendly environment
Patient-centric
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 17, 2013
Great teams, great environment, surviving in a challenging marketplace
Pros
location
Cons
parking
Reviewing heart rates and analyze them
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2013
Great work place, coworkers very cooperative. dealing with the death of others at times.
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
fast paced and energetic environment
Office Coordinator for Primary Care Clinic (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLApril 2, 2013
- Start at 8:30AM on the dot.
- View upcoming schedule for the day
- Prepare billing.
- Prepare daily meeting
- Manage five staff members under my supervision
- Hardest part of the day is to manage staff
- Most enjoyable part of the job is the see improvement and results
productive workplace
LAB/ PATHOLOGY (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  MiamiMarch 17, 2013
enjoyable positive atmosphere, always making a better place to work.
Great place to work.
Manager of Food Services (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 7, 2013
For a hospital the company did alot for the employees. I enjoyed working in the professional atmosphere.
Pros
professional atmosphere
love the view
Customer Service Office Coordinator/ Biller (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2013
The most rewarding job, i really enjoyed my time here this place really takes care of its staff.
Pros
lots
Cons
distance
Great learning environment
Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2013
Great place to learn if you are looking to volunteer. There is a lot to learn here and in many different areas of study.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3