Mount Sinai Medical Center

Mount Sinai Medical Center Employer Reviews

Job completed
Business Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
I worked part-time in this position and at the time, there wasn't room for growth and expansion. Th salary was too low and compensation wasn't feasible.
a focus into geriatrics
Bilingual Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great clinical supervision
Cons: changing the culture of medicine and patient utilization of services
A great team of social workers coupled with phenomenal supervision, My experience here certainly was the catapult to my passions for working with seniors, people living with HIV/AIDS and monolingual Spanish speaking patients. Working for an initiative to reduce preventable readmissions for high utilizers of the emergency department I was able to hone skills to provide social supports for disenfranchised and marginalized people groups. Being apart of the subgroup of bilingual spanish speaking social workers provided an opportunity to take a closer look at the issued faced by this aging populations.
In search of a stable organization with growth opportunities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
On a daily basis i'd assist the doctors/nurses with various procedures and i'd also triage patients which include taking and recording vital signs .

I enjoy interacting with patients and providing patient care as needed. I've built a great rapport with patients and staff.
Fun place to work
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 9, 2015
Right by the water where you can see the Atlantic ocean and see the waves come in. the ED is a little overcrowded but that is alright.
Extraodinary and Unique.
RN -staff (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2015
This job site is a very relaxed and friendly place where nurses enjoy every minute.I had the opportunity to learn many skills because its a teaching hospital.
Ping Pong
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Its cool. The co workers are very understanding and helpful. The hours one typically works if you're not directly a medical worker is decent. You usually finish by 3pm so you have a whole day to enjoy.
Nice people
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Not there long enough to make fair assessment but once merger with other hospitals has finished, the environment should be more stable.
Hectic,choatic,productive but rewarding place
Business Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: learned a lot and gained a lot of valuable experience, the pay is good, the benefits are excellent.
Cons: the facility does not foster an environment for growth, there is a lot of favoritism.
Pro-A typical day at work for me starts at 3 PM until 11PM. I work in the admitting office so it tends to be very hectic, but it is a great teacher, and it helps you to learn how to prioritize, and work well under pressure. Management is good when it comes to granting time off that's about it. Con- The hardest part of the job is not the work or the patients but sadly dealing with some of the different personalities of your co-workers. But it does teach you to learn how to avoid, solve and work around chaos.
productive teaching medical center
Surgical Service Assistant (Current Employee), Miami beach,FlFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch rates, medcines, health services as an employee
Cons: 7minutes grace period before clocking in
As an employer at mount siani medical center for 8 years i experince alot hands on training different things, patient care, inventory, filing, dealing with different cultures background understanding how too relate to their needs. the company carries life supplemental insurance, 401k, health insurance etc.
Educative enviroment
Physician Billing (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: on the beach
Cons: health insurance benefit
The staff provided on the job training for Billing and Coding certificates.

Learned about billing and coding.

Staff was very helpful with training.
Interdisciplinary team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Effective communication is crucial in this department. Daily chart reviews, weekly progress, evaluations, discharges, and treatment are all in a days work. Building rapport with your clients is essential and builds trust. Remaining up to date with current research is also of importance and explored through journal clubs. Professional growth is available and encouraged.
Fast Paced enviornment
Telephone Operator (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 17, 2015
Constantly multitasking at work, need to be flexible to be prepared for volume of calls.
best learning facility
Staff Nurse and Team Lead (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
all surgical specialties all topnotch staff and work enviroment.
Great working culture!
7p-7a Full Time (Former Employee), miami beach, floridaJanuary 14, 2015
Been in healthcare for sometime and great working environment!
fun place to work
Physician Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches from drug rep companies.
Cons: short breaks, demanding atmosphere
typical day was scheduling, answering phones, assisting doctors with various needs, assisting patients with various needs.

i learned patience. my co workers were a true example of team work. we all cross covered for each other. we all helped each other.

the hardest part was authorizations for services needed. working with medical insurance companies can present a true challenge.
Challenging and Rewarding work environment
Nursing (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: strong culture
Cons: salary
The medical center has recently overcome financial challenges and is in the black.
Nice Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2014
Pros: location, learning
Cons: salary is low, work load is high
Mount Sinai Hospital is a great place to work. Choose the department and environment to settle in carefully. I have learned alot but have found that my work load increases well over multiple times what I was assigned to do, which is not a problem, but there are no raises and bonuses are scarce as well. There seems to be great opportunity for growth here and it's the kind of place that you spend 20 plus years working at, but it all depends on choosing the right department.
High energy pace work
LIS Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), NEW YORKDecember 11, 2014
This was the hardest ever implementation project I have done. It also the one place I did want to leave
A great place to provide patient centered service!
SURGICAL CARE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), New York NYDecember 1, 2014
Pros: discounted coffee
Cons: lack of proper managment
While working at Mount Sinai Medical Center for the past 6 years, I have learned the importance of providing excellent customer service to patients and their families. I greatly enjoy making all patients feel comfortable and relaxed.
It's a hospital
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLNovember 6, 2014
It's just like working at a cafeteria. We provide food for guest and employees that work there. We serve different type breakfast and lunch every day...

1 2 3 4 5