Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work, family oriented facility. employees are very helpful and welcoming to the new enployees
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2016
Good place to work. very good to learn and get experience especially for new graduate. however there are always short of nurses and PCTs. Also the equipment are very old. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Administration is good and always have education classes for employees. the salary is not good but over all Mount Sinai is a good place to new graduates start.
Lack of Professionalism
Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 19, 2016
No one knows what they are doing. I surprised that I stayed as long as I did. Degrees mean nothing, unless you purchase a degree based on life experience.

The salary sucks, you only get a 2% increase.
Cons
Insurance sucks, secretaries are being promoted without any experience. Parking sucks, the doctors has no respect for the staff. If you are not a founder, you get treated like dirt.
Financially secure position
Refund Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2016
Read and sort emails for different requests such as patient refunds, insurance over payment requests, missing payments, transferring credit balances.
I oversee the refund team of 5 employees. I also assist in the management Payment Positing team, I assign daily work load, assist with various questions or concerns
Pros
Financial security, health insurance, vacation days
Cons
no salary increase, travel too far to work
Good experience
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLOctober 15, 2016
Good management and opportunity to grow.
As I said before is something to remark meet your CEO, every morning saying good morning to the workers
Pros
Good management
Cons
Salary
Employees are undervalued and underpaid
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  1 gustave levy place, New York, NY 10026August 23, 2016
Although Mount Sinai provides its employees with excellent benefits, it lacks the ability for growth and advancement. Employers pay little to no attention toward staff.
Professional Environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 12, 2016
very clean and professional place, everybody is friendly, great benefits, many possible availabl positions, very generous salary
Pros
contantly learning about the healthcare system
Cons
Professional environment, LOW compensation.
Patient Transporter / Surgical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 10, 2016
While employed at this Medical Center I was able to obtain experience in my duties and extra tasks requested by management. Beware of being given new duties/new title without extra compensation, as some management tend to do so. Security checkpoints need to be majorly worked on. Great hiring from within, transferring to new departments are usually good, unless management holds you back...which can happen anywhere i guess. Food cost are expensive, and outside stores out of reach. Hospital access is a one way in, two ways out. Expanding Medical center which is good, new opportunities on the way. They strive for better which is a plus. Outstanding reputation for doctors doing their best unlike other places. Many people opt-out of other places to come HERE for more health options and medical help. So far only hospital in Miami Beach . Great views of bay. Awesome employee interaction. Fun and quick paced, on your toes environment. No slackers allowed. Zero tolerance for bad behavior and things like that. New beginners opportunity here, a few entry-level spots. Hardest part of the job is you are constantly busy and hardly get a break at all... detrimental for 12 hour shifts. A few nice in-house perks like using badge to buy food and gifts(payroll deduction). Helps not to carry money around. There is job security here! plenty overtime! Holiday gifts are nice. Company wants nothing to do with any theft or damage on employee assets: Vehicle, Motorcycle, Bicycle, etc.. I had a theft twice, received no reimbursement or reconstitute what so ever. Employee parking can be hard to find unless  more... you park way in the back during peak hours.Co-workers you find are lots of veterans, usually willing to teach you more. You'll find some long term/ possibly lifetime friends from such environment.

Overall- a good place, low pay, overtime available, health benefits, bay view.
Keep your mind on your goals always. Advancement opportunity is there!
Pros
Payroll deduction perks, Co-workers, bonus gifts, Job security, Free employee parking
Cons
Compensation low, Management, Food cost, Paid visitor parking
Great place to work.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Great place to work. Great benefits and work environment. Challenging and fulfilling projects. Lots of seminars and continuing education.
Great team
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy my job my co workers are great we have a great team. GOOD BENEFITS,IT'S NICE AND CLEAN. It's a great hospital but it could be better IN SOME AREA
Cons
NO OPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT IN SOME DEPARTMENTS
Hard working team, fair
Kidney/Pancreas Transplant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Good place to work, people all work very hard.
Work/life balance can be lacking.
Room for advancement for people willing to work for it.
Fill and deliver medications to the omnicell
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMay 16, 2016
As soon as I get the pharmacy, I have to check and san the car fill and deliver them to the floors. Then, do the return bin and credit all discontinue medications from patient specific bin. clear and organize all medications room belong to me in the day. I learned that we have less missing medication when we scan all of them before leave pharmacy, so we have more control on it. we can track them any time. nice and professional management. is a great experience when you work with a mix team of people of different culture. So, it is like work with the worldwide team. Most of the time we have to walk a lot and rushing to place the medications on time into the omnicell because the hospital is big enough and it takes long time to do the tasks, But even so I enjoy my job every single day.
very nice staffing,everyone works together as a team
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2016
Great environment to work at. All staff were very nice and helpful. Management maintained great patient care. This was our first priority, making sure patients received proper care due to their diagnosis. Making sure they were comfortable and aware what was going on with them.
Pros
improvement on patients diagnosis, great team work, great managers, who are very dedicated and concern of patient care
Cons
short staffing
I've worked with Mt SinaI Medical Center since 2013. Patient centered and excellence are the values on this hospital.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2016
exposure to complex conditions. working in a teaching facility, a doctor is always there 24/7. Good clinical staff; pro-employee administration; good benefits; friendly and helpful co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with. Family environment
Cons
limited staffing. some times short on cna, nurses, therapists.
The Hospital is working everyday to better the quality of care for their patients and the working environment for their employees.
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLSeptember 30, 2016
A typical day would be making sure that the surgical instruments are ready and sterilized for surgery the next day. Resolving any issues that arise during the workday and keeping everyone properly informed of any changes made on a daily basis. Mount Sinai has taught me their computer system, installed to make our job a little easier and be able to track the trays sterilized in the department up to the operating room. My co-workers are very nice to work with, there is respect for each other and communication. The hardest part of the job as always is insuring that our trays are properly put together and that we were able to assemble and sterilze each tray free of any bio-burden, this could cause harm to our patients during surgery if they were not carefully inspected. The most enjoyable part of my job is that at the end of my shift, I can go home knowing that I did my job to the best of my capacity and the work was completed in a timely manner.
Very good and very hectic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2016
I have to stay on top of the trials and coordinate so many people and departments.Its a professional atmosphere. Everyone is so helpful. Its necessary to always be prepared. the management is always there, working hard. The downside is that getting a patient from a to b takes a ton of steps.
Great Place to get your foot in..
Scheduling Coordinater (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
My time as an employee at Mt. Sinai, was pretty fair. I learned a lot about insurances, and teamwork while being here. My role consisted of insurance verifying and scheduling. Very fast paced call center for a large department within the hospital. We all worked as a cohesive team, never making anyone feeling overwhelmed and on their own. I appreciated all that I learned, and getting my foot within a major hospital. I left because their was no room for growth in my department and in the hospital since I've tried applying for transfers.
Pros
Great teamwork, Understanding boss, great benefits
Cons
Unorganized, new management not up to standard
Clinic Coordinator
Data Manager Pediatric Oncology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 30, 2016
This is a growing hospital with many professional staff to work with. This was a great experience working in this institution
Pros
Great atomsphere
Cons
Good environment to learn new skills and enhance current skills
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2016
I had a good experience at Mount Sinai as an Administrative Assistant. I was able to interact with many different people and patients and it helped me to effectively communicate with patients as a student nurse.
is ok to work here
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL 33140September 30, 2016
here at the hospital is a lot of preference is good placecto work the only problem is that they don't take in consideration employees that work as per dm
Pros
good placecto work
Cons
dont givev the curent employees the option to move on
As a therapist exposed to acute, rehab, and outpatient setting, I feel any hospital caseload would expose you to great experiece, however.....
therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 30, 2015
As a therapist exposed to acute, rehab, and outpatient setting, I feel any hospital caseload would expose you to great a great caseload experiece, and this was no different; however the " lead team " in this particular department has not only demontrated poor leadership, but lack of respect to other therapists as human beings and clinicians, accompanied by harassement to all the therapists below them, myself included, not to mention allowing their "leadership" combining with personal issues come before patient care (i.e. taking a patient away from a therapist schedule due to this therapist receiving praise for doing a great job with her patients, and making good clinical decisions for the pt, the "leader" took the Pt just so she will skip patient's tx, not follow poc because she has to have breakfast in the cafeteria- tip of iceberg), the"lead team" who you are required to report too consistently as the micromanagement is ongoing during your daily schedule (not to your manager) but them, make the daily work environment extremely negative. However you will not have a problem if you become a "teacher's pet" in my case it would require not seeing patients because I will have to follow the team leader around to "assist her" or agreeing with their clinical judgment which you better! Or keep them company during their 3 hour breaks. I do not see myself long term here. I am writing this review because I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through thinking this would be a new exciting job and hitting reality a few months later. You choose to work here, at least you were advise. Best  more... of luck to my fellow SLP's.  less
Pros
Great variety of patients, which any hospital would provide that.
Cons
Your clinical judgement will be constantly questioned, you will experience harassment first hand, very negative environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews by Location