Mount Sinai Medical Center

Mount Sinai Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

A good place with friendly people
Food Preparer (Former Employee), Manhattan, New YorkApril 21, 2015
Pros: Lunch
Cons: Healthcare
A day when I have to work extra because I cannot go home due to snowfall
My days at the workplace was quite memorable because of the friendly atmosphere by co workers
An ok place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: they pay for 30 mins of your lunch
Cons: everything else
Depends on the department on how the conditions are here. Co-workers for the most part are nice, the work culture is presented as professional but mainly just for show.
Enjoyed working at Mount Sinai
Health Information Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
I learned a lot working at Mount Sinai. Was able to work on different specialties getting a lot of exposure. management was knowledgeable and willing to help
Productive and a great work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: a place to love to come and work
Cons: sometimes not taking breaks
Just treating patients with kindness and knowing when they leave they are happy, where anytime they needed something you was the first to call.
Nice place and Location
Porter (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Nice place to work cool co workers
Cons: only con was in was a temporary job
This team was put together to as a emergency unit to rebuild the hospital after a fire took place . We disposed trash and furniture and stripped and waxed all damaged floors
Prestigious and Productive Medical Center
Credentials Coordinator (Former Employee), NYApril 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits were excellent, rewarding and always room for growth
I held a two different positions with-in this medical facility. One was Administrative Assistant in the Audit Department and Credentials Coordinator in the Professional Affairs office. At Mount Sinai Medical Center I gained my administrative skills. I scheduled meetings, put together mailings for committee members, credentialed physicians, and assisted many project managers with special projects. The hardest part of this job was learning credentialling it has very intricate details that you must learn for each specialty.
Assist people with mental illness in leading more productive and autonomous lifestyles.
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FlApril 13, 2015
Helping people with substance abuse or suicidal intention. Monitor patients on suicide precaution and promote safety at all times.
I don't remember because it has been more than 15 years
Clinical Registered Nurse (Minimum (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great clients, great colleagues
Cons: Schedule was not conducive for moms.
It was a great opportunity to learn Pediatrics and Ob-GYN. However, I was only working there part time. I did enjoyed the colleagues.
The best place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: great benefits
The environment fosters learning and the culture is caring and compassionate. The manager was visible and supportive. Your peers are team-players and The doctors respect the nurses.
Job completed
Business Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
I worked part-time in this position and at the time, there wasn't room for growth and expansion. Th salary was too low and compensation wasn't feasible.
a focus into geriatrics
Bilingual Medical Social Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great clinical supervision
Cons: changing the culture of medicine and patient utilization of services
A great team of social workers coupled with phenomenal supervision, My experience here certainly was the catapult to my passions for working with seniors, people living with HIV/AIDS and monolingual Spanish speaking patients. Working for an initiative to reduce preventable readmissions for high utilizers of the emergency department I was able to hone skills to provide social supports for disenfranchised and marginalized people groups. Being apart of the subgroup of bilingual spanish speaking social workers provided an opportunity to take a closer look at the issued faced by this aging populations.
In search of a stable organization with growth opportunities
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2015
On a daily basis i'd assist the doctors/nurses with various procedures and i'd also triage patients which include taking and recording vital signs .

I enjoy interacting with patients and providing patient care as needed. I've built a great rapport with patients and staff.
Fun place to work
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 9, 2015
Right by the water where you can see the Atlantic ocean and see the waves come in. the ED is a little overcrowded but that is alright.
Extraodinary and Unique.
RN -staff (Current Employee), Miami Beach, FLFebruary 27, 2015
This job site is a very relaxed and friendly place where nurses enjoy every minute.I had the opportunity to learn many skills because its a teaching hospital.
Ping Pong
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Its cool. The co workers are very understanding and helpful. The hours one typically works if you're not directly a medical worker is decent. You usually finish by 3pm so you have a whole day to enjoy.
Nice people
Administrative Manager (Former Employee), NY, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Not there long enough to make fair assessment but once merger with other hospitals has finished, the environment should be more stable.
Hectic,choatic,productive but rewarding place
Business Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: learned a lot and gained a lot of valuable experience, the pay is good, the benefits are excellent.
Cons: the facility does not foster an environment for growth, there is a lot of favoritism.
Pro-A typical day at work for me starts at 3 PM until 11PM. I work in the admitting office so it tends to be very hectic, but it is a great teacher, and it helps you to learn how to prioritize, and work well under pressure. Management is good when it comes to granting time off that's about it. Con- The hardest part of the job is not the work or the patients but sadly dealing with some of the different personalities of your co-workers. But it does teach you to learn how to avoid, solve and work around chaos.
productive teaching medical center
Surgical Service Assistant (Current Employee), Miami beach,FlFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounted lunch rates, medcines, health services as an employee
Cons: 7minutes grace period before clocking in
As an employer at mount siani medical center for 8 years i experince alot hands on training different things, patient care, inventory, filing, dealing with different cultures background understanding how too relate to their needs. the company carries life supplemental insurance, 401k, health insurance etc.
Educative enviroment
Physician Billing (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: on the beach
Cons: health insurance benefit
The staff provided on the job training for Billing and Coding certificates.

Learned about billing and coding.

Staff was very helpful with training.
Interdisciplinary team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Effective communication is crucial in this department. Daily chart reviews, weekly progress, evaluations, discharges, and treatment are all in a days work. Building rapport with your clients is essential and builds trust. Remaining up to date with current research is also of importance and explored through journal clubs. Professional growth is available and encouraged.

1 2 3 4 5