Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

Learning center
Citologist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
Will be very happy with a part time job with benefit
My place to work is cytology
I work with pathologist, processing sample and the first to screening and report a draft diagnosis
Pros
Learn
Cons
Per Diem
A great place to work, but again undermined by incompetent management
Medical Transcriber (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2017
I had ten very happy years at Mount Sinai Medical Center, rising from the ranks of the temporary help pool to become a salaried employee after three years and being hired away from one department by another - always flattering.

Unfortunately, the end of my tenure at Mount Sinai coincided with sweeping regime changes within my department that saw an experienced, approachable, effective office manager replaced with a career "floater," hired by the executive office to bring down costs. This resulted in a scorched earth atmosphere that brought office morale way down and ended with my leaving the hospital to work as a freelance transcriber.

Happily, although too late for me, the original management was restored after a year. I was glad to see the executive office saw the error of its ways.
Pros
Originally, a family style atmosphere and plenty of work
Cons
Ultimately, incompetent management and a harried environment
farmed out management
floor maintenance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
hospital has a company to run building services they lack experience an poorly trained.over worked an undertrained.but pretty good enviornment to work.
Pros
management lack bldg serv knowledge
Cons
if you know all aspects of the bldg serv job you will be fine
Produtive and Fun work environment
Patient Transportation Support Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2017
One of my most enjoyable productive work environments. Helpful and reliable staff, fast paced, and always room for growing within the company. Helping and seeing the patients smile made it all worth the while.
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
Everyone is wonderful in this place. Employees and management are great. They have good benefits and discounts for employees. Daycare and schools is available for employees that have kids.
productive learning experince
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
Mount sinai is a teaching hospital offering employment to entry level health care providers offering an opportunity to gain experience in the field that they're interested in pursuing
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
great place to acquire knowledge
Patient Access Representative I (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 23, 2017
you will acquire knowledge on insurance and benefits.
management on the other hand is terrible here, they base it on who they like verses who has the qualifications for the task
benefits
Cons
management
The Job is OK
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 18, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy. I have to pull cases for both the ambulatory area and the Main OR area(s). It can be up to 40 to 50 cases per day. After whatever the doctors haven't used, they have to be put back in the storeroom where the supplies are located. The work culture is all right. It can be very demanding at times, when a nurse or a tech. will call for something they need in a room.
Looking for challenges and opprotunities to learn? This is the place!
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2017
A great place to work. Management was fair and supportive. Very exciting working with doctors and nursing staff providing cutting edge care. Lots of opportunity to learn and be an active part of a fantastic team!
Political Environment
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at MSMC. However, it can be a very political environment and you must be able to navigate the course. If you go to work, work, and go home you will do well.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Political Environment
Okay
Security Supervisor II/Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Good place to work as you can transfer to any department once your foot is in the door. However, very hard to work at times because job security is almost non existent.
Busy
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Good summer experience while learning about healthcare. Great hospital aswell. Nice environment aswell as transportation. Good cafeteria and fair prices
Operations Manager Chemistry Laboratories (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
One of the best team I used to work so far.
All technical staff are very friendly.
Not always agree with our superiors but they always are trying to understand your concerns.
dietary
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2017
Feeding the hospitalized patients breakfast, lunch and dinner while preserving great customer service skills.while their menu allows them to chose from various food on the hospital food menu.
fun
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
fun place to work. you learn a lot. Look forward to working
exposed to a lot.
supportive staff.
good days and difficult days.
great experience over all so far.
not a great place
Accounting Clerk/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2017
no room for advancement. benefits and compensation is great. work culture is not the greatest. no open door policy to discuss conflict with supervisor.
Station Clerk
Station Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
Labor delivery department made up charts answer phones put the labs information in patients charts, always inform the staff of results of patient that was the floor and rooms. Try keep all supply up dated and stock,
Pros
1hr for lunch
Cons
15 mins
Excellente place to work for
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 22, 2017
I really like to work in my department is always busy and very challenge in many ways.
I learn that people need care and a big smile to make a little difference in there life.
The hardest part of the job is to see elderly people by themselves dealing with health issues.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have is to find the best way to bring them hope or at list a big hug and big smile and let them know that we really care about them
Pros
Reduce price lunches
Cons
No vacations paid we accumulate PTO hours a week in order to get paid
Productive, learned about the health care and databases
Administrative Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Great doctors and management. The doctors are dedicated to patients and dedicated to their work. This is a large medical facility with areas to move forward and learn a variety of medical terminology as well as medical databases used.
Pros
Excellent doctors
Cons
bad commute
I loved my job so it was a breeze
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 10, 2017
worked closely withe patients to ensrure they were getting the best care from the best doctors in their health insurance networks. I aimed to please and from the feedbcak i think i did my job