Mount Sinai Medical Center Employee Reviews

I'm looking for a place to grow
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2016
I like team work
I am hard worker.
I am responsible person.
I enjoy helping patients.
I like to interact with the doctors and nurses.
fun workplace
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 24, 2016
overall a very fun job. helped patients and their families on a everyday basis. would go back if i had the opportunity. job paid very well too
FPA Administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Very fast paced work place, I answer about 70 til 90 calls a day. We all work together as a team. Management and staff are great.
Cons
would like better dental insurance.
Great team
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2016
I enjoy my job my co workers are great we have a great team. GOOD BENEFITS,IT'S NICE AND CLEAN. It's a great hospital but it could be better IN SOME AREA
Cons
NO OPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT IN SOME DEPARTMENTS
Good Work Environment
HIM (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLMarch 10, 2016
Work environment is very friendly. Pro-employee administration. Great benefit, but low pay. Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Mount Sinai
Specialist Senior Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLFebruary 21, 2016
It is a fast paced O.R. , great coworkers. I enjoyed training new staff as they came in . I was respected by all surgeons in in which I worked very close to on a day to day basis.
Productive Work Environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 15, 2016
Everyday its a routine that helps you complete your task.

I have learned that everyday its a challenge however its the same objective to make sure that the costumer is satisfied.

Management is great they help keep the productivity flowing.

My Co-workers are awesome we help one another complete task to make the work load smooth.

There is no Hard part of the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is completing your task.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
wroste place to work
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 25, 2016
this was the most frustrating organisation i have been with. for starters the force you to take on responsibilities that you do not want, on top of that they don't properly train you for the challenges you will be facing. management is disorganize and unforgiving. if i had to give you an advice is RUN!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Work independentlys, do presentations, advise people
Hospital Liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2016
A love of people is necessary. A willingness to genuinely care about people and their problems. A willingness to do research when necessary.
Pros
Work independently, decent coworkers
Cons
The overwhelming problems of people
I've worked with Mt SinaI Medical Center since 2013. Patient centered and excellence are the values on this hospital.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 10, 2016
exposure to complex conditions. working in a teaching facility, a doctor is always there 24/7. Good clinical staff; pro-employee administration; good benefits; friendly and helpful co-workers.
Pros
Great people to work with. Family environment
Cons
limited staffing. some times short on cna, nurses, therapists.
Pleasant work enviroment
OB/GYN II, Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 8, 2016
everyone worked as a team player, patients were always first priority and never any complaints from patients or employees.
I enjoyed working at this hospital the culture was good and my boss was fair.
Customer Service/ Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Worked with 15 employee under my supervision.
Started early finished late after everyone was gone.
Help with checking in and out patients.
worked with many issued in the hospital and with insurance companies, ex Health-first, Medicaid etc.
hardest part of the job was working with difficult employee
However did enjoyed working with patients.
Pros
Worked with a great boss
Cons
very large organization, and very political
The culture of the medical center is very family oriented
Pledge Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at the hospital:

-Hit the ground running
-If it isn't broken fix it
-patients come first
-the hospital doesn't not fit the mold of other institutions throughout the country. It prides itself on being different
Excellent work environment
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
You can work at your pace. Work environment is friendly. Management is good. A typical work jod is 100 reqs. completed and processed.l
nice place to work in
Materials Coordinator- Ambulatory Surgery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2016
Good hospital to start your career. very nice enviorment. friendly people and very professional place. will recomend to any one.
As a therapist exposed to acute, rehab, and outpatient setting, I feel any hospital caseload would expose you to great experiece, however.....
therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 30, 2015
As a therapist exposed to acute, rehab, and outpatient setting, I feel any hospital caseload would expose you to great a great caseload experiece, and this was no different; however the " lead team " in this particular department has not only demontrated poor leadership, but lack of respect to other therapists as human beings and clinicians, accompanied by harassement to all the therapists below them, myself included, not to mention allowing their "leadership" combining with personal issues come before patient care (i.e. taking a patient away from a therapist schedule due to this therapist receiving praise for doing a great job with her patients, and making good clinical decisions for the pt, the "leader" took the Pt just so she will skip patient's tx, not follow poc because she has to have breakfast in the cafeteria- tip of iceberg), the"lead team" who you are required to report too consistently as the micromanagement is ongoing during your daily schedule (not to your manager) but them, make the daily work environment extremely negative. However you will not have a problem if you become a "teacher's pet" in my case it would require not seeing patients because I will have to follow the team leader around to "assist her" or agreeing with their clinical judgment which you better! Or keep them company during their 3 hour breaks. I do not see myself long term here. I am writing this review because I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through thinking this would be a new exciting job and hitting reality a few months later. You choose to work here, at least you were advise. Best  more... of luck to my fellow SLP's.  less
Pros
Great variety of patients, which any hospital would provide that.
Cons
Your clinical judgement will be constantly questioned, you will experience harassment first hand, very negative environment.
patient care
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 28, 2015
pick up patient for procedure and return patient to the assign room after procedure. I worked in CATH-LAB(CARDIO-SURGERY)
Ok job if your a student
Technical Services Associate 2 (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 22, 2015
Not a very healthy place to work at all. Management is not the great and the pay isn't great. Turn over is very high and as a result the department is
Pros
No pros to report
Cons
Poor management, high turn over
Msmc
Senior Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLDecember 5, 2015
See scores above, management varies by department and opportunities to advance are not fair. I would not recommend certain departments at this hospital.
Large Organization
Director of Operations, Department of Orthopedics (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
Reputation for exceptional physicians and surgeons. Culture of outstanding patient care. 7 Hospital System covering most of new York City

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mount Sinai Medical Center Reviews by Location