Mount Sinai Medical Center

Mount Sinai Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

productive and friendly workplace
Pharmacy apprentice (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
As a pharmacy student, my typical day started at 8am. I started off with Neupogen inventory, hood and bench cleaning, and any compounds that were left by overnight or was emergent. Then, I helped out with the medication fill to clear up the queue. After the queue was cleared, I would continued my routine bulk compounding and narcotic inventory. In addition to that, I helped out with the phone answering questions coming from physicians or nurses, medication fills, or anyone who came to the pharmacy window. I have been working at Mount Sinai for 3 years and I enjoyed every moments of it. My supervisor was professional and respectful. I enjoyed working with everyone at this hospital. I have learned a lot from all the projects that were assigned to me which helped me at my rotation and on the exam. I think the hardest part of the job was waking up at 5 am in the morning to be at work on time. But, other than that, I enjoyed all my time at Mount Sinai Medical Center.
Supportive and hard working environment with friendly staff
Student Assistant/Volunteer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
Work environment is very supportive. Staff are top notch and all bring a great deal of experience with them. Plenty of opportunities to engage in additional tasks within the hospital to enhance one's skills. As a volunteer, staff is very encouraging and provide training needed to contribute towards assignment and projects.
Great learning environment
Surgical Tech (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Perfect place to start for a entry level tech. Wide variety of cases.
great plave to work
Mailroom Supervisor (Former Employee), new york, nySeptember 22, 2014
Mount Sinai was a great place management was outstanding . worked well with my fellow co-workers
First Job as a Nurse
Preceptorship Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: opportunities to develop skill and learning
Cons: little support from management
This experience was very informative, I learned a good many skills in care of cancer patients with high acuity. Many were in isolation due to step cell transplants, prior to which their immune system was suppressed to insure acceptance of transplant.

Patients had central lines and port-a-cath to administer chemo and medications. Which needed diligent care and sterile techniques in maintenance.

Many co-workers were helpful.

There was little time to learn nursing and getting certification for Chemo certification. Less then 2 mos on the floor. Preceptor had no prior experience in teaching, information was disconnected making it difficult to navigate workplace environment.

I enjoyed working with my patients,
productive work place learn alot
Medical Assistant Internship (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 8, 2014
typical day come prep room for patient i have learned alot since being there on my internship my co worker/trainers was wonderful easy to talk too, hardest part is losing a patient i love helping people making sure they leave with a smile even if there not feeling their best
I learn alot and plenty of room for growth
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: lots of room to grow and learn
Cons: short staff
I learn what the criteria of the insurance verification is and love working with patients.
average
Senior Associate Researcher (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Mount sinai is a great place to work . Sina's network is very helpful in achieving one's career goals
A good company
Chart Prep/Scan Technician (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: short lunch breaks
A good company to work for. Very laid back. Unfortunately, I did not like the hours. But since my departure the hours has changed. I wish I would have stayed.
Opportunities are limited...
Practice Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Cons: lower competitive salaries for current employees
Mount Sinai is a great place to build your portfolio! They offer job placement for all walks of life and everyone is treated like equals, partners and friends.

The biggest challenge posed for employees is monetary compensation, their salaries are low incomparison to other institutions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of gratitude I feel each time I help a patient.
Progressive and supportive place to work.
Surgical Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Management and coworkers use a collaborative model.
Patient care is top priority.
Positive feedback and reinforcement is practiced
Productive, team building workplace
Epic Go-Live Support Analyst (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 11, 2014
I enjoy helping others reach their goals. I have learned so much from both peers and management.
wonderful place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: 4 days off a week and benefits
Cons: long 16 hour shifts
Working in an ER definitely has it's challenges. I learned patience and how to handle patients with needs and urgency. Lovely medical staff. The hardest part of the job is not being able to do more for the patients while they are waiting for medical treatment. The best part of the job is interacting with people from all walks of life.
Horrible work environment
Former Employee (Former Employee), Brooklyn HeightsAugust 7, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: all of the above
Disorganized, Favoritism, Rules are applied selectively depending on who you know. Management cannot manage. They don’t anticipate any problems only react to them. By any standards, totally unprofessional.
Nice place
Cath Lab Intern (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLAugust 7, 2014
Pros: welcoming
Cons: no staff togetherness
I was an intern for a fews months and cannot over much as fa as the opportunities available.
Productive fun workplace with nice people
Information Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lunch available in the building
Cons: n/a
I am doing IT and computer related work. Will be happy to discuss with recruiting personal.
Relaxed non micro managed enviorment
Lead Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), New York,NYJuly 29, 2014
On a normal day I schedule over 30 patients a day for procedure or clinician appointments, handle emails and also assist the schedulers with patient issues and scheduling. As well as handling my own work I have 4 other people that I supervise on a day to day basis as a Lead Patient Coordinator. Ive learned many things since i started working in Sinai that I didnt know before. Coming into this industry with no expierence at all about healthcare, such as medical terminology, using the scheduling systems such as EPIC, IDX, Cerner and Softlink simultaneously to get my work done. Everyones management style is different, I've expierenced several different types of management since i started with the company in 2011. The hardest part of my workday would is working with other offices in the hospital to schedule their patients, due to availability of the tests and appointments we have is is hard to accomodate every person and their needs. I do enjoy working with my direct co-workers as we all get along and help eachother out as much as possible.
The most enjoyable part of my job
Business Assoicate (Current Employee), Dubin Breast CenterJuly 22, 2014
I get to work with patients who have breast cancer and are receiving Chemotherapy. It has given me a new view on life and provides me a lot of satisfaction.
Fun to work
Agency Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2014
I worked at Mount Sinai Hospital through an agency so I really don't have much to say than "a typical day at work".
Great work environment
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 15, 2014
Great work environment with managers and co workers who support you and want you to succeed.

About Mount Sinai Medical Center