Mount Sinai School of Medicine Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Stressful workplace environment
Administrative Supervisor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
I rather not comment on this due to my experience while working there for eight years. I did not like the culture or work environmental. It was very stressful and from my time as a manager Human Resources worked closely with management in telling them how to get rid of employee. I saw a lot of things that was just wrong.
Great Job Work Balance
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2017
Great Work Life Balance with 29 PTO days a year and excellent benefit package. It is hard to review a entire health care system objectively especially since I only work in one department.
productive
Coordinator -Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
Job was very challenging, great place to work, management was very easy to communicate with, learned a lot of new things, worked on different projects and worked with different species.
Productive workspace
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2016
Working at Mount Sinai School of Medicine was a learning process for me.
I worked with the Cardiothoracic Surgery Network for long time and this gave the chance to be involved in different protocols with a complete different range of primary endpoints and objectives.

It was the first time I was exposed to managing several studies at the same time with different clinical sites.

My coworkers were amazing and I learn and transmitted my experience in a very collaborative environment.
Pros
My director tough me all what I know today about Clinical Trials Operations
Cons
As an Academic Center, grants and resources were always a limitation
Experience
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
 Train & supervise all new office assistants including new hires, providing work direction and guidance  Assist in monitoring workload and ensuring staff acquires necessary skills needed, including personal developmental needs  Manage all patient registration and scheduling, including scheduling radiology appointments and procedures, such as Echo/EKG, PFTs, Bone marrow biopsies, and lumbar punctures  Responsible for insurance authorizations for visits, admissions, procedures, and scans  Responsible for all long term care follow up appointments and radiology appointments  Responsible for collecting copayments  Responsible for the organization of many divisional events, including the Annual Holiday Party  Compose, translate, and generate patient correspondence and memos  Responsible for feneral administrative duties (filing, photocopying, etc.)
Pros
learning experience
Cons
low pay
Commitment to Students, Faculty and Staff
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2016
I have enjoyed working here at Mount Sinai for their dedication to faculty, staff and students. I've learned many skills over the years and continue to grow as a member of the team. My co-workers are always ready to help when needed, even when things come up last minute to get the day going for our students.
Pros
The Paid Time Off (PTO) is better than anywhere else
Cons
Raises are hard to come by due to our merging with other hospital systems
Excellent benefits and stable environment
Research Assistant - Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Mount Sinai School of Medicine is, of course, comprised of several offices/departments. I worked in the Department of Psychiatry for 7 years with a very supportive group and enjoyed full benefits in a challenging and rewarding workplace.
I love the Infectious Diseases and Rheumatology division's staff and faculty
Administrator, Infect Dis and Rheum (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2015
I love working with my colleagues in the other divisions of Medicine and being liaison to to other depts within the institution.
medical research
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
conduct medical research. multiple team collaboration. regular seminar presentation. Attend national conference
Pros
self lunch
Cons
short break
Clinical setting which applies cutting edge technology for treatment.
Associate Researcher (Current Employee) –  new york, nyJuly 3, 2015
More focused on clinical procedures and production rather than research and development. Helpful in training for licensure in various occupations. Overall friendly environment and helpful coworkers.
Pros
advancement in clinical technology and latest techniques
Cons
fewer chances of advancement from current position
Excellent Boss
Research fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2015
As a research fellow, I did enjoy my time in Mount Sinai School of Medicine. My boss is awesome, and the team is great. I just lost my interest in research and want a change of my life. Thats why I left there.
High paced, very productive environment, high quality patient care service
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Working at Mount Sinai School of Medicine was an overall rewarding experience. In my position, I learned to develop & enhance my skills as a manager working in multiple divisions with the department of surgery. Teamwork was a culture supported by both management and fellow associates. This allowed both management and fellow associates to be efficient and provide the excellent high quality patient care service the organization strived for and overcome new challenges in our current and dynamic healthcare system.
Productive and a very nice place to work
Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2015
A typical day at work is pleasant to work, people very nice, I learned many things that invoved laboratory research. Compressible time to finish task and the most enjoyable part of the job was came to work every day and solved all the challenges that came with the job and have the best out came.
Pros
Very good atmosphere to work
Cons
N/a
Awful job culture
Postdoctoral fellow (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Benefits are good, rest is not. I worked many hours. I did not learn anything new, I just applied what I already learned somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Horrible job culture
Awesome place to work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
I enjoyed every second of working at Mount Sinai. My boss is an amazing and caring person and I loved working with my colleagues
Good place to get experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Excellent job to gain experience as a medical assistant. Excellent team of doctors, very dedicated and excellent co-workers.
educational enviroment
Senior Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2014
all billing duties, estabished many billing protocols , good location to work excellent coworkers and doctors
Nice learning experience
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 21, 2014
It was a nice learning curve for me. Learned a lot during a shot sapn of time.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low salary compared to work load.
I do not wish to give a review
Assistant Office Manager / Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
I do not wish to review this Organization.
Doctors Stone and Eddleman are the best in the Nation in MFM
productive and energetic place
Research associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
learned to be multi tasking and perform experiments in a daily and weekly basis.
learned to manage colony of mice
learned to do extraction for Dna from animal tissue and bacterial cells
learned doing transformation and transfection.
Did some tissue culture work.
worked with human blood cells as well.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks