Mount St. Joseph University Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great opportunity
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2017
Mount St. Joseph University provided me with a great work environment. The team listened and provided me with helpful feedback to improve upon. Internships are a great way to get experience.
Excellent opportunities provided to help give students real world work experience
Institutional Advancement Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 9, 2017
As a co-op for institutional advancement I would help with daily tasks around the office, and assist with many projects that my supervisors needed help with.
Fun and exciting environment
Admission Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 14, 2017
Fun work place, always something new, kept me on my toes. Opportunity for advancement is poor, along with the pay, but the overall experience was outstanding!
Productive and Informative
Co-Op of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2017
The admissions office is a great place to be at. It is full of people that really do care about the job that they do. The college is place to attend because of the people that work there.
An ok place to work
Buildings and Grounds (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 19, 2016
MSJ is an ok place to work, if your in school and want a place that will allow you to work during the day and take night classes, MSJ is good about that.
Pros
You know what your work week will be like
Cons
Mangment is not the best in some areas.
Fun productive environmetnt
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2016
The environment was mostly quiet but it helped me to gain social skills. I like to meet new people. I was never bored with the job always had something to do made me feel accomplished.
productive work place
Student lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 25, 2016
Mostly My supervisor tells me what to do and I do it either individually or with a co-worker. If there is nothing to do I work on my homework until I am needed to assist or work on something in the biology department.
Pros
It is a good on a resume as it show experiance
Cons
The hours of work you can work get sortened
N/a
Intramural Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2016
Working here was a great experience and I was able to gain some managment skills down as well. I managed around 10 people and I was responsible for multiple things .
Awesome Experience
Adjunct Instructor/Professor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2016
My experience as an adjunct was great. It is so nice to work with non-traditional students that come to class prepared and ready to learn. Classes were not overcrowded this makes it easier for adjuncts to manage their careers and their part-time positions.
Great place to work with great people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2016
I love it here and the only reason I'm thinking of leaving is to find a part time job to spend more time with my granddaughter.
Unique culture and mission centered University
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job at MSJ is knowing I'm helping someone else on campus do their work more efficiently and effectively. We suffered some cut backs in staff so people are left doing the jobs of those that have left. It's imperative that we streamline processes and simplify work flow as much as possible.

Nothing makes my day more than a thank you email about how much time I saved someone or how I made their work so much easier.

People are like a family here. We work as a team to recruit students, admit them, retain them, graduate them. That's not always an easy task.
Pros
Flexibility, the wonderful people that work here as a team.
Cons
Insurance costs rose significantly.
Graphic design intern
Graphic Design Intern and Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 2, 2015
Designed materials to promote art gallery shows. Helped monitor during open gallery hours and with hospitality at gallery receptions. Assisted with art installations.
Pros
Friendly culture
Provided administrative growth in a professional environment.
School of Business Student Co-op worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 25, 2015
The environment and staff was very professional yet welcoming. Working at MSJ helped to network and build with others.
Fun with football
Sports Complex Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2015
I co-oped for the Mount St. Joseph University as a writer (at the time, it was College of Mount St. Joseph- the school became a university in 2014). A typical day involved writing post card sized notes to football recruits which would be mailed to them throughout the semester. I worked directly with the football coaches and they were very nice. The hardest part of the job would probably be that I didn't know anything about football but they didn't hold my lack of knowledge against me.
Very family oriented and personal
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioOctober 28, 2014
Overall a great place to work. People are friendly and the campus small enough to know first names