Mount St. Mary's University Employee Reviews in United States

Good first job
Media Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2015
Very flexible and plenty of time for school work. Hours are short and consistent. Management is not very involved. Pay is not the best.
Great atmosphere with encouraging supervisors
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 13, 2015
This was a part time job on campus while I was at school. My main job was to contact University alumni to update them on upcoming events and projects taking place on campus. Another part of my job was working with the Office of Development to generate donations for the University from the alumni. This was the most challenging part of the position, as it took a lot of patience and practice to develop the skills necessary to become efficient at this.
Great place to work!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 3, 2015
I worked closed with 45 other resident assistants who were driven and motivated as I was to work at our university.
I learned a lot about working in an interpersonal environment and well as honing key organizational management skills that aided me well into my studies.
Great place to work and surrounded by great, hardworking people.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 29, 2015
I loved going to work because my boss and my coworkers were fun to be around. Although we had a lot of fun, we still managed to get a lot of work done. I usually have to work in the art gallery, unless there are errands to run to different school departments. I also had to work school plays and musical performances. The hardest part of the job was learning the sound system and the lighting system in the theater. The most enjoyable part was being around dedicated people and getting to watch the musical performances and school plays.
Pros
flexible hours, great management, varying duties
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDApril 8, 2015
As a zumba instructor, I am able to dance freely to songs of my choosing and make up routines that get people going. The fun, energetic vibe zumba gives makes for a great workout. And there is no better place than to do it at my school with my friends.
Great Place to Work
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work and learn, many experienced people to learn from and a wealth of tradition and history. Hours were very flexible and managers and professors were very understanding. Able to build interpersonal relationships with coworkers
Great Environment to work for
Student Office Manager/ Student Minister (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2015
Mount St. Mary's is surrounded with professional friendly people I loved working here. Everyone is very helpful and guide you with care.
Pros
nice people, stress free
Busy and exciting place to work when recruiting students
Mount Ambassador Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMarch 26, 2014
Coordinates, leads and acts as role model for Mount Ambassador Tour Guides and peers; Positive voice of experience within the organization. Trains and leads Mount Ambassador program; Proactively addresses issues with Mount Ambassadors concerning performance and information shared. Strongest tour guide in Admissions Office; Makes significant relationships with all staff members; Is trusted by leadership resulting in growth of program. Responsibilities include:

-Events
-Meetings and Recognition
-Scheduling
-Media
great place to work
Plumbing department supervisor (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg MDJanuary 21, 2014
going over work orders passing out daily work assignments also working in the field

working under pressure get the jobs done on time manage a warehouse order parts working with vendors

making sure the jobs get done
Pros
close to home free college for my kids
Cons
didnt pay a whole alot
Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDApril 9, 2013
Working with students is very rewarding. It reinforces what I learned in my courses. Best part of the job is when a student comes to me with a progress report and knowing I played a role in it.
Pros
subjects
Cons
possibly difficult students
Interactive with people
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMarch 12, 2013
You feel rewarded by being able to help other students gain a better understanding of the materials

4.5