Mount St. Mary's University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Accounting and Financial Affairs Internship (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDOctober 19, 2017
I was only an intern at the Mount and it was a good environment. I felt that I always had the opportunity to grow as a student and the Mount will always be a good point of reference for me.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
Assisting my supervisor with employee schedules and multiple emails to other school libraries helped was useful in the long run when it comes to productivity. Helping other student workers learn their way around the library and the library online system allowed me to be the well rounded supervisor I was.
Pros
Down time to study for classes, worked around my class schedule
Cons
N/a
Very productive and great staff!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
Working here was a blast. It was a great experience as a college Freshman. I was very involved in the admission process of various students and really got to work with incoming students.
Depends on position
Mount Outreach Representative (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJune 16, 2017
I can only speak of the student jobs I held. I believe your experience will differ depending on the department, to be honest. I enjoyed all the positions I held though.
Pros
Friendly environment, Occasional bonus
Cons
Underlying favoritism
prodictive workplace
Mount Athletics worker (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 22, 2017
A typical day at work consists of washing uniforms and towels, organizing different sports uniforms and putting them in their proper locker rooms, folding towels, making sure the swimming pool has enough towels, making sure fields have lines. I learned how to film games and manage the sports clock. The hardest part of the job is to move very quickly and to act fast when players were injured or in need of something off the field. The culture at the workplace was fun and relaxing. I was able to get homework done when i had time.
Pros
very flexibke schedule
Good
Phonathon St (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 9, 2017
Mf saint Mary's does an excellent job of giving students an oppritunity to grow and exelll . The phonation porgram is awesome for marketing and business majors
Great College Job
Phonathon Manager (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 1, 2017
It was a fun place to work in the hours around classes and practices that made me some money and had slightly competitive income. Well managed and structured.
Great Experiences from Great Supervisors
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  10 Chester PlMarch 29, 2017
I have enjoyed my last 2 years working here. It has probably been the best job I have ever had. I was taught everything from being at the front desk, to working behind the scenes for events.
Great work environment
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Staff and work environment was great. This position gave me the opportunity to develop my library management and software skills. I love the interaction and the ability to help library patrons.
Productive Work Place
St. Mary's University Library Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDNovember 12, 2016
Great working environment and respect for all workers.
I learned how to Operate Library Systems and acquired great communication skills through calls and in person.
Horrible Culture
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2016
Great work/life balance but low pay, tons of politics, inefficiently run administration. Tons of red tape to get any done. Gossip and politics.. stay away.
benefits
Cons
culture
Great place to learn, network and live
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDAugust 12, 2016
Just like many law enforcement jobs no two days are ever the same. You'll get plenty of exercise working on campus, there are always new people coming to visit and the faculty and staff are always very helpful.

Mount St. Mary's University is a great place for a young professional to learn about the college setting and connect to individuals embarking on their own endeavors.
Pros
Networking, ability to take classes and family setting
Cons
The rotating schedule and small department
Good first job
Media Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 22, 2015
Very flexible and plenty of time for school work. Hours are short and consistent. Management is not very involved. Pay is not the best.
Great Work Place, Very Calm
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2015
I love working at the library because it is a very calm place. They allow me to work on my homework when I am not busy at the circulation desk.
Pros
Quiet environment
Cons
Great atmosphere with encouraging supervisors
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 13, 2015
This was a part time job on campus while I was at school. My main job was to contact University alumni to update them on upcoming events and projects taking place on campus. Another part of my job was working with the Office of Development to generate donations for the University from the alumni. This was the most challenging part of the position, as it took a lot of patience and practice to develop the skills necessary to become efficient at this.
Great place to work!
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDJuly 3, 2015
I worked closed with 45 other resident assistants who were driven and motivated as I was to work at our university.
I learned a lot about working in an interpersonal environment and well as honing key organizational management skills that aided me well into my studies.
Great place to work and surrounded by great, hardworking people.
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMay 29, 2015
I loved going to work because my boss and my coworkers were fun to be around. Although we had a lot of fun, we still managed to get a lot of work done. I usually have to work in the art gallery, unless there are errands to run to different school departments. I also had to work school plays and musical performances. The hardest part of the job was learning the sound system and the lighting system in the theater. The most enjoyable part was being around dedicated people and getting to watch the musical performances and school plays.
Pros
flexible hours, great management, varying duties
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace
Zumba Instructor (Current Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDApril 8, 2015
As a zumba instructor, I am able to dance freely to songs of my choosing and make up routines that get people going. The fun, energetic vibe zumba gives makes for a great workout. And there is no better place than to do it at my school with my friends.
Great Place to Work
Proctor (Former Employee) –  Emmitsburg, MDMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work and learn, many experienced people to learn from and a wealth of tradition and history. Hours were very flexible and managers and professors were very understanding. Able to build interpersonal relationships with coworkers
Great Environment to work for
Student Office Manager/ Student Minister (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 3, 2015
Mount St. Mary's is surrounded with professional friendly people I loved working here. Everyone is very helpful and guide you with care.
Pros
Nice people, stress free