Position: Interactive Designer
Department: New Media
George Washington’s Mount Vernon is seeking a dynamic, creative designer who will help transform Mount Vernon’s web, mobile, and social media platforms. The Interactive Designer will work with Mount Vernon’s New Media team to develop cutting edge digital products, web content, mobile sites, promotional creative, online video productions, social media engagements, and other interactive offerings. In this role you will be collaborating with other web specialists, marketing executives, and talented historians at George Washington’s home on the Potomac – the most highly visited historic home in America.
Leading our interactive design efforts, this position will be asked to conceptualize interactive designs, produce graphical mockups, develop creative content for web pages and other digital promotions, and work with the New Media team to implement our plans. Mount Vernon’s Interactive Designer will report to the Vice President of New Media.
Mount Vernon’s Interactive Designer should be someone who has strong graphical design skills, a demonstrated ability to develop effective user interfaces, and an excellent understanding of HTML, CSS, and digital content management systems.
- A Bachelors Degree (preferably in design related fields). Candidates with BFAs/MFAs with an emphasis on interactive/digital design will receive extra consideration
- 4+ years of relevant experience as an interactive designer
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS. Experience in HTML5 and/or CSS3 is of great interest
- A strong understanding of effective user interface principles. Experience in designing for mobile products is a decided plus
- Experience in working within leading web Content Management Systems (ex. Drupal, ExpressionEngine, Convio Luminate, etc.)
- Experience in web video production and editing is a plus
- A developed sense for good typography
- An ability to work effectively within a team structure and in directing outside design agencies as needed
- An unquenchable desire to innovate
- An online portfolio that showcases your skills
- Please include a link to your digital portfolio on your resume
Please forward a resume, cover letter and salary history/requirement by email, by fax to 703.780.8320 or by US Mail to POB 110, Mount Vernon, VA 22121. Our applications may be downloaded and printed from the website at www.MountVernon.org.
Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer