Position: Raiser's Edge Database Administrator
Mount Vernon is seeking a Database Administrator to oversee the daily operation of the Advancement Department, including databases that track contributions, donor, and prospect information. The Raiser’s Edge Database Administrator is responsible for the day- to-day management of the Raiser's Edge (RE) donor database in support of all development initiatives. A key responsibility is to extract information from Raiser’s Edge via queries, reports and export lists for internal and external use and be able to export the data to external lists in Microsoft Excel as well as mail merge with Microsoft Word. The Administrator is also responsible for the management and integrity of the data by establishing routines with the development team to assure accuracy in donor records. This position is critical to the support of fundraising goals.
- The position is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the databases, including data input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support.
- Serve as liaison with the Raiser’s Edge vendor, Blackbaud, and the Mount Vernon I.T. department to ensure proper management and execution of database tasks, use of best practices, and implement RE version updates.
- Perform all department database administration functions including execution of periodic database maintenance tasks, backups, security set-up, duplicate record merging, records clean up tasks, and quality control audits.
- Develop, train staff, and enforce data entry guidelines to ensure data quality and consistency and provide guidance on improving processes as needed.
- Input, update and maintain secure constituent data and oversee data entry of all donations, gift acknowledgements, database entry and clean up.
- Provide full oversight for tracking all resources including donations, pledges, gifts-in-kind and cultivation activities.
- Produce detailed Crystal Reports generation, construction of complex queries and reports and all related information in the RE database for analysis and all fundraising efforts.
- Maintain accurate coding in RE to ensure tracking of all appeals and cultivation activities ensuring all forms of outreach and communication is tracked accurately and appropriately.
- Manage batch review and validation process for all gifts, including monthly reconciliation and data exports to the Finance Office.
- Produce mailing lists, pledge reminders and donor invoices, preparing data merges and fulfillment of mailings.
- Promote Mount Vernon’s use of dashboard management, and Internet technologies for fundraising purposes as it relates to Raiser’s Edge, such as utilizing bulk email, social networking and other new technologies.
Staff Training and Support
- Train, oversee and monitor the data entry quality control by Development Office management and support staff as relates to utilization of the Raiser’s Edge application.
- Ensure timely processing of contribution, acknowledgement and fulfillment of all donations
- Maintain a departmental User’s Manual for Raiser’s Edge training and operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Three years of full charge Raiser’s Edge by Blackbaud database administration required and experience in ResearchPoint and NetCommunity is preferred
- Expert ability in creation of reports with Crystal Reports preferred
- Proficiency in database administration, prospect and constituent management, data imports and exports are required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment and to function within a team required.
- Excellent computer skills including a high level of proficiency in Raiser’s Edge, Crystal Reporting, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. This includes advanced Excel techniques, especially with linking workbooks and use of functions
- Previously demonstration possession of analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with current non-profit fundraising practices and accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to identify priorities, work independently, meet deadlines and use logic and analysis to solve computer software problems
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, supervisors, vendors, and donors – with the appreciation for teamwork being essential
- Must be able to exercise decisiveness and good judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions
- Ability to provide leadership and training in the use of the Raiser’s Edge database as it relates to the need in the Office of Development
- Sensitivity and an interest in the mission of Mount Vernon Estate, Museum and Gardens, with an eagerness to learn and share with others its importance
- Must maintain confidentiality of all donor and contribution records
Please forward a resume, cover letter and salary history/requirement by email, by fax to 703.780.8320 or by US Mail to POB 110, Mount Vernon, VA 22121
Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -