Mount Vernon Nazarene University

Mount Vernon Nazarene University Employer Reviews

Great atmosphere with great people!
Softball Player (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHApril 2, 2014
I have learned not only about softball by playing softball here at Mount Vernon Nazarene University but also about life.
A typical day is we lift or condition in morning then continue the day with class and practice in evening or game. After the practice/games is when I usually study or on bus rides.
The team I play with are the most amazing young ladies. – more... I am very thankful to have them not just team mates but has family. It the most awesome feeling to be part of a team that is family oriented to each other and are willing to help each other out in any way. We go to battle together and no matter what we are together until the end.
The hardest part of my job on the team is to make sure I am keeping everyone motivated and everyone focused. Being a senior it is my responsibilities to lead by voice and action and to make sure everyone stays calm when a mistake occurs or when even in tough situations.
The most enjoyable part is making the relationships with team mates for a lifetime and of course to win! – less
Organized and speedy turn around
Chemistry/Astronomy Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 31, 2014
As a lab assistant at Mount Vernon Nazarene University it was important to stay organized and on top of the grading. The general clean up and preparation for labs was easy and did not take much time, but the grading of 25-30 student written reports took large chunks of time.
just great
Residential Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHApril 18, 2013
the only negative is the low salary but the people and work life is great.
Gruel and Games in the Pizza Shop
Intern (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHOctober 9, 2012
Pros: good work environment in general
Cons: drivers don't get delivery charge, no gas compensation
A typical day at work was mainly determined on what position you have, and I could be either kitchen or delivery driver. For me though, kitchen help became my typical thing to do. Rarely did I ever do the deliveries toward the end of my term. Either way, it was making food that people ordered. I also took a few phone orders, and organized all the 8 – more... PM "lunch" orders for the factories. Sometimes, the manager was scatter-brained, so that means that I might have to nudge him to do certain things that are coming up. It was a good and friendly environment though, or at least, that I could speak of. I learned how to flip pizza dough, sauce and cheese pizzas, and top everything! I know how to make anything at Creno's now, and I love it! My coworkers were very laidback and easy to talk to, and while some of them ended up being more thieves than anything else, most of them were good people.

The hardest part of the job? Honestly, I couldn't tell you. It all felt easy to me because of the team that I had to work with and how much I ended up enjoying my job. – less
Traditional and Adult Learning university
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR - BUSINESS ACUMEN (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHApril 25, 2012
Pros: get to work with adult students, provide expert instruction on business.
Cons: do not get to teach enough classes
Provide leadership and educational instruction to adult learners pursuing higher degrees in business acumen .
Great
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, OHApril 9, 2012
It's a nice place to work. I assist those that come into the lab with computer problems and I also have time to do my homework.