Mount Wachusett Community College

Mount Wachusett Community College Employee Reviews

Lower Level Staff always Pleasant and Students are Great!
Care not to list fear of retaliation (Current Employee), Gardner, MAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Students
Cons: Not much room for advancement.
People and students on campus are very pleasant. The building itself is very old and many employees work in small cramped spaces. Many main offices such as the Records Office, Financial Aid, and Admissions are located in a Hallway with a wooden wall. A typical day is filled with mandatory departmental assignment and many of your own mandated day to day assignments. Management is top heavy and filled with favoritism. Some rules are enforced on certain employees others are exempted. Many family members work for the departments. It is very rare to find someone that doesn’t have a relative working in many other areas of the college. Honestly, the most enjoyable part of your day is helping the students.
For those of you that feel this is a post made by a disgruntle worker, we can agree to disagree. Mount Wachusett takes advantage of their employees like every other large company does. You work hard and you are not fairly compensated unless you are part of the “good old boys club”. Looking forward to the new facilities even though employees are underpaid and being told about many budget cuts.
Great place to work!
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee), Gardner, MAMay 28, 2015
Pros: Good pay, opportunities for advancing career
This is a college that truly cares about their employees and the students. Great pay and great working environment. My colleagues are wonderful and make working here even more enjoyable.
Great job for a student
Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee), Gardner, MAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: short shifts, friendly patrons
Cons: no benefits, limited hours, no room for advancement
This pool is a great place for students (high school and college) to work.

The hours are flexible and the staff are all willing to help out with covering shifts when it is needed.

A typical shift consists of patron surveillance and setting the pool up for various classes and/or events.

I have learned how to be a responsible employee and customer service skills.
Professional growth influenced.
AmeriCorps Job Ready (Former Employee), Gardner, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Perform 1,700 hours of national service with the AmeriCorps program, a domesticated version of the Peace Corps
Develop and coordinate an individual service projects related to job preparedness and career exploration that engages children at the Boys and Girls Club
Develop, implement, and conduct training's on careers and their educational requirements to prepare the youth for success to achieve the Youth Development Outcomes
Facilitate and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs, and neat appearance of Club at all times
Prepare periodic activity reports
Ensure a productive work environment by active participation in weekly Club staff meetings
Very Satisfied
AmeriCorps VISTA (Current Employee), Center for Civic Learning and Community EngagementJune 24, 2014
Pros: positive work environment; friendly co-workers; enthusiastic students, staff, faculty, and community site supervisors
As an AmeriCorps living on a budget and pursuing my education, it was great to be surrounded by people in my office who supported me and encouraged me as a professional and an individuals. I communicate regularly with students, faculty, staff, and community site supervisors to ensure the best possible service learning experiences for MWCC's students. I also complete minor administrative tasks such as data entry and emailing. My supervisors are incredibly helpful and are always willing to answer questions. They're great with giving me the right amount of work and reasonable deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with so many different types of people. I enjoy doing presentations for students, sitting down with professors to discuss service learning, and meeting with community partner site supervisors to ensure that they're comfortable with the partnership.The hardest part of my job is accommodating the needs and wants of the students. I like to make sure that each student is satisfied with what the Center is offering them and they feel like they're being recognized as an individual and not just another number. Sometimes, I lose sight of the fact that every student is different is they deserve to be treated as such.
MWCC was an excellent workplace
Media Services, AV-TV Technician (Former Employee), Gardner, MAJune 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, free meals, variety of projects
Cons: can't really think of anything
A typical day involved either setting up audio equipment for meetings or presentation,installing new a/v equipment in classrooms,rewiring and cable installation,installing led projectors for use with computer and video equipment.Once a year we did set up of audio outside for the Relay for Life,run audio equipment for graduation and nursing program along with video taping same.The hardest thing I believe was running cable for various projects in the college,including the intercom system and audio studios which entailed somewhere in the vicinity of 5 to 10 miles of audio cable(perhaps more).My boss and coworker was great because he would always ask my input on how to tackle a project and if he had a better idea of how to handle it would always explain why.
Management was strictly hands off on what we were involved with because the job was getting done.The best part of the work was satisfaction of completion and meeting new people and fostering long lasting friendships with a number of very educated people.
Excellent employment.
Director- Ms. Dale Sanborn (Current Employee), Fitchburg, MAMay 21, 2014
I greatly enjoy working at MWCC. It is very rewarding to work with ELL adullts who are eager to learn a second language.My co-workers are very professional sharing people. We collaborate in lessons and share materials. I enjoy seeing my students succeed in their endevor.
Enjoyed the Experience
STUDENT (Former Employee), Devens, MANovember 2, 2013
The company has been dismantled. It was full of people just like me with no room for advancement.
Easy-going and educational experience for all involved.
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Gardner, MAJune 6, 2013
Pros: set your own hourly schedule
Cons: hours based on need from students
Choose your own schedule and subjects as well as locations you wish to tutor at. Program was very well ran and very easy to become a part of. The best part of the job was learning from the students I was tutoring while helping them out with their academic difficulties.
Good working environment.
Workforce Development Instructor (Current Employee), Devens, MAApril 10, 2012
The courses offered are customized to the client's needs and delivery methods are determined by the instructor.