Mountain, Ltd Employee Reviews

An excellent experience in designing telecommunication network hardware
Design Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlOctober 1, 2015
This was a unique opportunity because I was able to utilize many new tools applicable to the telecom industry for AT&T. AT&T not only maintains and repairs the existing distribution lines but design and constructs new network lines for the expanding community: commercial, new construction developments, schools, industrial, residential buildings and others. Therefore, designing of the required new networks and to construct the necessary hardware, we would be those doing the onsite investigation of existing infrastructure and utilizing very specialized complex software to engineer the design and to access the existing network infrastructure and its capacity to compare with the new demand of service and determine expansion of service with the existing infrastructure is viable or if not, than to design and connect the new infrastructure and its load and design. The new design and construction has to be incorporated and attached to the existing database of plans for the framework and network mainframes. To do all the above, AT&T, to avoid the increased number of plant engineers, would outsource by contracting the engineering and design. The drawings required MicroStation software for the prints accompanied with very detailed specific steps to be followed and to be paid to also outsourced contractors. Thus, AT&T outsourced the engineering with reputable companies like Mountain, Ltd. Our positions were Outside Plant Engineers (OPE's) and Design Project Engineers (DPE).
Don't
Retail Greeter, Appointment handler (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 29, 2015
Don't. Just no. Say no. They will give you a job, sure, but they don't like to set up face to face interviews... so you never really know what you are going to walk into.
I enjoyed working with Mountain. The supervisor I had really listened to my concerns and helped to solve them.
CAD Operator (Former Employee) –  New Gloucester, MEDecember 29, 2014
Most of the items did not apply to my situation. I was a retired employee of AT&T and did not use the benefits or compensation. Like all contractual jobs, the time spent was short and never to the full time that was originally signed for: one phone call said 1 year and the next said 3 years. The last tour was 1 year 2 months.
Very productive place
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Professional environment,with employees committed to excellence.
Good People
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New Gloucester, MESeptember 18, 2013
I have only been a contractor for Mountain, Ltd. for a short period of time, but the staff is very helpful and easy to work with, responsive to issues.
Not sure
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Gloucester, MEAugust 6, 2013
My whole department got laid off shortly after I started so I don't have anything positive or negative really to say.
Engineering design in large geographic area
Contract Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEDecember 21, 2012
Received project package from AMERITECH engineer and discussed aspects of the project that the engineer wanted accomplished. Called for utility locates.Coordinated locate tech site meetings and reviewed required locate length of project. Field notes taken and probable design reviewed with AT&T Engineer. Proceeded with design and final reviewed with engineer before it was sent to drafting.
Coordinating several projects sequencing was the most difficult part of the job.
Relaxed atmosphere
Customer Service/Safeco Insurance Company (Current Employee) –  Safeco Insurance Company, Indianapolis, IndianaJuly 22, 2012
Truly an enjoyable place to work. I work under little supervision.
Clock in and the phones start ringing. Real work begins. I have learned many things. Names of different loan companies, which ones are frequently used. I have learned a lot about the coverages of automobile policies, home policies and many other policies associated with insurance. Management at Safeco has been kind and considerate of my well being and has helped me throughout the entire time I have worked there. The hardest part of the job is giving up the overtime, due to personal engagements. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people and how they have welcomed me and the other new/temp employees to there teams.
Pros
little supervision
Cons
this is only a temp for me. i need permanent.