Mountain America Credit Union Employee Reviews

Amazing Place to Work!
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Magna, UTJune 28, 2017
If you want to work somewhere where they truly care about their members and employees, Mountain America is the place! I loved working with the people here.
Pros
Lots of Benefits
Cons
Can't think of any!
Nice positive place to work
Member Experiance Agent (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTJune 23, 2017
I really enjoy this job and all the future benefits that I see being here. The nice and positive environment at Mountain America I had not seen in my previous job experiences.
Fun, family friendly environment
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 16, 2017
Mountain America has been a great place to work. You are treated like family and have great hours. Because it is a family atmosphere you are able to adjust lunches to take them when you need to as well as PTO. The hardest part about the job is when you have to deny someone who is just trying to get there life back on track. The most enjoyable part is being able to help people save money by consolidating debt into one payment with either collateral or a couple of different loans. It is the most rewarding when you help someone set a plan to be financially stable.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation
great work life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 14, 2017
THe culture here is great but pay amongst different departments vary greatly. They do promote a lot within in so that is great that they invest time in your development.
Great culture
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTMay 31, 2017
This is a company that has a great culture. This was a great place to work at during school. Managers were awesome and pushed me to achieve my goals. Great experience.
Fun and happy place to be.
Full-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Kanab, UTMay 9, 2017
Working at Mountain America Credit Union have me the opportunity to learn and grow. I was able to better myself in different ways. I enjoyed getting to know people and knowing that my job was to help others.
Great Company to work fore unfortunately VP Christy is way to emotional and insecure to work under.
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  UtahMay 1, 2017
Great Company to work for; unfortunately VP Christy is way too emotional and insecure to work for. over all this is an awesome company to work for and i would work here again if i was under a different VP.
Pros
Great benifets
Cons
Lots of work for the pay they give you
Branch networks really believed in teamwork
Branch Operations Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 24, 2017
Working in the branch network at Mountain America was amazing. All the branches worked together to help each other acheive their personal goals and company goals. There was no back stabbing or people trying to out shine each other.
Very Customer and Employee Oriented
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 22, 2017
Mountain America is one of the best companies you could work for. All my managers lead by example in doing what's right for the customer, commission is put aside. The company also cares a lot for the employees and their happiness! I am really treated well.
Pros
Awesome work environment, strong ethics
Fun work place with nice people
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTApril 19, 2017
When I first started at MACU, it was one of the best jobs I'd ever had. But the longer I stayed, the more I felt the managers were just taking advantage of the employees.
Pros
Fun people, realxing environment
Cons
Hardly get breaks, always on your feet
Work place
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 13, 2017
The work place for me became very tense. I feel once a person does not fit into the mold corporate had for the workers, you where out. You where made to feel useless.
Unethical management
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2017
If you're looking for sleezy management that builds their personal fortunes on the blood of the front line staff, then this is your place. They expect you to check your ethics at the door and promote whatever their sale of the week is. These sales almost never benefit the member. Of course, all sales promotions are based on what upper management receives a financial bonus for. So, you do the work and they take the pay.

Benefits are similar to any other company. Nothing special there.

Human Resources exists to serve the whims of management. Be careful. They do not support the needs of the employee, and are quick to turn on you.

I'd say the best words to sum up Mountain America: dishonest, unethical, self serving, underhanded, and manipulative.
Pros
I learned what a terrible company looks like
Cons
Management, culture
fun place to work with lots of opportunities to grow
Deposit Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  west jordan utahMarch 8, 2017
the only down side to working here is if you are working in a small team you will miss out on a lot of family events and to me family comes first before work.
Great people, Opportunity for advancement
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Best company I've worked for, went through many positions that helped me advanced my career. Management is always trying to help you get to the next position and willing to train you. Miss this place some days.
Pros
Great Employees, Dress down days on fridays, incentives.
Cons
Definitely 40hr+
fast pace but fun place to work
Member Experience Officer (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 22, 2017
working at Mountain America is by far the best place to work within the financial industry. I think the hardest part about the job is working until after 6pm most days.
It was a job
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 19, 2016
Manager was okay, co workers were fine. Some days were better then others and most customers would treat you poorly. It mostly is a sales job and that was when most of money was made.
Business Serivces
Regional Business Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Eastern UtahJuly 21, 2016
Member Service was paramount. Providing quality products and services for business banking. Working with an exceptional clients and team throughout the Credit Union.
Pros
Members and Co-workers
Cons
Arcaic Sales Tracking System/CRM
Productive workplace with great learning environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTMay 2, 2016
In a typical day at Mountain America I helped a lot of people with their finances. I learned how to balance money and talk with all types of people. I enjoyed all parts of the job and the people that i worked with as well, and the reason i left the job was to serve a religious mission in Mexico for 18 months.
Pros
401k, banking hours, holiday pay
Best Work Culture
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herriman, UTApril 23, 2016
Working at Mountain America has been a dream. The company focuses so much on helping members reach their financial dreams that it made making sales a lot easier.

I loved my coworkers and my managers. They all were personable with me and I was rewarded in my efforts.
This is a great company to grow with. They provide lots of opporunties to learn new skills
Branch Manager, Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 18, 2016
I wouldn't be leaving the company if they had a location in Washington. I have really liked the last 4 years and leaving the company has been a hard decision to make.
Pros
A relaxed environment with the freedom to service the customers right.
Cons
Only 2 weeks of PTO which includes vacation and sick time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain America Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3