Mountain America Credit Union

Mountain America Credit Union Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with great learning environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, UTMay 2, 2016
In a typical day at Mountain America I helped a lot of people with their finances. I learned how to balance money and talk with all types of people. I enjoyed all parts of the job and the people that i worked with as well, and the reason i left the job was to serve a religious mission in Mexico for 18 months.
Pros
401k, banking hours, holiday pay
Best Work Culture
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Herriman, UTApril 23, 2016
Working at Mountain America has been a dream. The company focuses so much on helping members reach their financial dreams that it made making sales a lot easier.

I loved my coworkers and my managers. They all were personable with me and I was rewarded in my efforts.
This is a great company to grow with. They provide lots of opporunties to learn new skills
Branch Manager, Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTApril 18, 2016
I wouldn't be leaving the company if they had a location in Washington. I have really liked the last 4 years and leaving the company has been a hard decision to make.
Pros
A relaxed environment with the freedom to service the customers right.
Cons
Only 2 weeks of PTO which includes vacation and sick time.
Amazing Company all Aroumd
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTMarch 25, 2016
I learned an incredible amount working within this company. The upper management was always encouraging, and truly care about their employee's goals in regards to their work life and their life away from work. I was always given access to the resources needed to efficiently go through my daily workday, better serving the company's clientele. I was given the very best mentors that I have ever had, and it greatly impacted my career and love of customer service. Promotions within the company are greatly encouraged.
Pros
Great People, Great Compay
Great culture, always looking to better other people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMarch 10, 2016
I loved working at Mountain America, it has an incredible culture and is a really great place to be. They have wonderful coaching and are always helping you strive to have continuous improvement both in life and in work.
Pros
They really care about the employees
Enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed my time at MACU. I loved learning about the financial world in a better light which taught me so much. I had fun getting to know the members and my coworkers better. It's a great company which I wouldn't mind working for again in the future.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
not very flexible
Calm, Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UtahAugust 4, 2015
Customer Service, I would open and close customer accounts, process withdrawals and deposits, take payments for loans. Answer and assist customers with any questions about there account activity. Balance cash drawer at the end of my Shift. I learned to work with different kind of people and pay attention to detail while working. The thing I enjoyed the most was talking to all the different customers and helping them with there questions. I liked all of my co-workers they were very helpful.
Great work environment with career advancement opportunities
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working for MACU very much. The environment was very friendly and management wanted to hire within to help their current employees advance in the company.
A company that truly looks out for their membership
Branch Employee (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJune 22, 2015
Mountain America is a great company and takes care of their membership with the products and services they have as well as the tools they use to help their members succeed.
Professional Atmosphere
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Mountain America Credit Union.
A typical day is usually fast paced with co workers helping where help is needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.

Want to know more about Mountain America Credit Union?

Ask a question
It is a great place to work and develop
Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTDecember 1, 2014
The pay is a little on the low side for what is required expected but the personal development opportunities are great.
Pros
plenty of personal accountability
Cons
compensation
Daily Work
Member Service Representative/Teller (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 8, 2014
I have learned a lot about the financial benefits to banking with a credit union. Along with the importance of accuracy, Customer Service, and how to stay focused under high stress situations. Also the importance to get along with all of your co-workers and managers/supervisors.
Like to help the credit union members
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTOctober 6, 2014
I liked to help our members with good customer service and low interest rates
Pros
good benefits, very nice co-workers
A great environment with a warm and encouraging atmosphere.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTAugust 1, 2014
Working for Mountain America was a great experience. Everyday I had the opportunity to meet new people as well as serve regular members. I was given the opportunity to get to know some amazing people. I learned how to immerse myself in the world of finance and it taught me a great deal. I learned there are many resources at our finger tips to help us better watch and secure our finances. Being a teller definitely had it's ups and down but the management as well as the people I had to privilege to work with made all the difference. There was an abundance of support during training and well after. Working there taught me that there is no such thing as a stupid question. There was something new to learn every day. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning to deal with unsatisfied members. It was always hard seeing someone so distraught about their finances. The most enjoyable part though, was the people. The people I met, and the people I worked with.
Pros
incentives for accomplishments
Nice buildings to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem/Provo Payson Spanish Fork areaJuly 25, 2014
My typical day at work was new accounts loans processing, notary service and dealing with members concerns.
Management: They talk about core values every morning during M&M before the doors are open and members first but they won't actually live up to what they preach.
Managers will typically goofing off, hypocrites, back stabbing other managers and employees who they don't like.
Management treats their employees unfairly and unappreciated. It doesn't matter how hard you worked for them, they will replace you because when you a mistake they will not help you fix the problem first but rather they will go around gossiping with other employees about the mistakes you are making instead of just taking the time to teach you how to be a better employee for the company. Jellos to see you performing well even you are working so hard to make them look good at the end of each year with branch performance.

They want you to offer products and services to every member each time that you help a member. One of they core values of MACU as any other business is honesty and integrity but guess what if you ever do a visa balance transfer to payoff a balance at another company and they offer you credit life and disability do not take it because if something happens to you the insurance company will not pay off the balance for you. The loan offer will tell you it is a peace of mind they will take care of it but MACU knows that on credit card balance transfer they will not pay a dime for you. But they still offer the products to members any ways.

Hourly rate sucks.

Enjoyed helping members that
  more... I had the opportunity to make they financial dreams come true.  less
Pros
cool co-workers
Cons
bad management at the branch level. not treating every employee equally.
Great place for a career!!!
Technical Support Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day involves assisting member's with any and all manner of questions regarding their accounts, funds and loans. The people are great to work with and the management wants you to succeed. They are also willing to work with you if you need a crazy schedule.
Pros
amazing healthcare and career advancement opportunities!!
Cons
n/a
great environment and people to work with.
Financial Service Representative and Notary Public (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
MACU, is a great place to work for. I ran loan apps all day and also notarized docs for members who needed that service. I learned that you have to always be active and take advantage of the free time you have to get other tasks done. The management is also amazing at MACU, they are really supportive and want you to have success. There wasn't really anything hard about my job, I just was not pleased with the hourly pay rate. I enjoyed working with the members, I was glad that i could help them with and issues they were going through.
Pros
team work
Cons
hourly pay rate
Great company culture
Video Producer and Writer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2013
Mountain America has a great company culture. Even though they have seen tremendous growth, it still feels remarkably like a family.
Mountain America
Teller (Former Employee) –  Heber City, UTAugust 22, 2013
Graet company to work for. Basic job duties were helping members, cash handeling, audits, loans, new accounts, CDs, IRA's, etc
Pros
good hours
Disappointment
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 31, 2013
Typical day at work: Management walking around, goofing off, hypocrites, back stabbing.
What I learned: It doesn't matter how many years of service you have provided, you can be replaced.
Management: They talk about core values and members first but they won't come out and help if there is a line, they act as if they are above it.
Co-workers: Non-management co-workers were amazing, good people, very hard workers, very unhappy that Management treats them unfairly.
Hardest part of the job: Unappreciated.
Most enjoyable: The amazing co-workers and members you get to meet.
Pros
desk job, pretty good pay for utah
Cons
managers don't care, about you as an employee, as a person. they'll do anything they can to look good for their boss, while you do all of the work.

4.3