Mountain America Credit Union

Mountain America Credit Union Employer Reviews

Nice buildings to work
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Orem/Provo Payson Spanish Fork areaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: cool co-workers
Cons: bad management at the branch level. not treating every employee equally.
My typical day at work was new accounts loans processing, notary service and dealing with members concerns.
Management: They talk about core values every morning during M&M before the doors are open and members first but they won't actually live up to what they preach.
Managers will typically goofing off, hypocrites, back stabbing other managers and – more... employees who they don't like.
Management treats their employees unfairly and unappreciated. It doesn't matter how hard you worked for them, they will replace you because when you a mistake they will not help you fix the problem first but rather they will go around gossiping with other employees about the mistakes you are making instead of just taking the time to teach you how to be a better employee for the company. Jellos to see you performing well even you are working so hard to make them look good at the end of each year with branch performance.

They want you to offer products and services to every member each time that you help a member. One of they core values of MACU as any other business is honesty and integrity but guess what if you ever do a visa balance transfer to payoff a balance at another company and they offer you credit life and disability do not take it because if something happens to you the insurance company will not pay off the balance for you. The loan offer will tell you it is a peace of mind they will take care of it but MACU knows that on credit card balance transfer they will not pay a dime for you. But they still offer the products to members any ways.

Hourly rate sucks.

Enjoyed helping members that I had the opportunity to make they financial dreams come true. – less
Great place for a career!!!
Technical Support Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), West Jordan, UTFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: amazing healthcare and career advancement opportunities!!
Cons: n/a
A typical day involves assisting member's with any and all manner of questions regarding their accounts, funds and loans. The people are great to work with and the management wants you to succeed. They are also willing to work with you if you need a crazy schedule.
great environment and people to work with.
Financial Service Representative and Notary Public (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: hourly pay rate
MACU, is a great place to work for. I ran loan apps all day and also notarized docs for members who needed that service. I learned that you have to always be active and take advantage of the free time you have to get other tasks done. The management is also amazing at MACU, they are really supportive and want you to have success. There wasn't really – more... anything hard about my job, I just was not pleased with the hourly pay rate. I enjoyed working with the members, I was glad that i could help them with and issues they were going through. – less
Great company culture
Video Producer and Writer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2013
Mountain America has a great company culture. Even though they have seen tremendous growth, it still feels remarkably like a family.
Mountain America
Teller (Former Employee), Heber City, UTAugust 22, 2013
Pros: good hours
Graet company to work for. Basic job duties were helping members, cash handeling, audits, loans, new accounts, CDs, IRA's, etc
Disappointment
Head Teller (Former Employee), Provo, UTMarch 31, 2013
Pros: desk job, pretty good pay for utah
Cons: managers don't care, about you as an employee, as a person. they'll do anything they can to look good for their boss, while you do all of the work.
Typical day at work: Management walking around, goofing off, hypocrites, back stabbing.
What I learned: It doesn't matter how many years of service you have provided, you can be replaced.
Management: They talk about core values and members first but they won't come out and help if there is a line, they act as if they are above it.
Co-workers: Non-management – more... co-workers were amazing, good people, very hard workers, very unhappy that Management treats them unfairly.
Hardest part of the job: Unappreciated.
Most enjoyable: The amazing co-workers and members you get to meet. – less
Productive and fun work environment.
Indirect Lending Buyer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 12, 2013
A typical day at work includes analyzing credit reports and giving credit calls for various people applying for auto loans. At times it is necessary to call finance managers at dealerships to discuss applications that have been submitted.

Management are very knowledgable and have several years of experience in the industry. They trust employees to – more... do their jobs and make the work place a fun place to be.

Co-workers are all great. Everyone works hard and puts forth the necessary effort to accomplish daily tasks.

The hardest part of the job is verifying the validity of information contained in credit applications and attempting to gain further information from finance managers at dealerships.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having a laid-back atmosphere that allows for freedom to be yourself. Additionally, there are several perks that go along with maintaining relationships with core clients. These include lunches, golf, visits, etc.

Overall things are good. The one area that disappoints is compensation. For the amount of work done the pay is on the lower end of the spectrum. – less
Best managers are in the Service Center
Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits, lots of recreation activities and freebies.
I worked at the branch, in branch support and in the service center for a total of 6 years. I learned very much and I was happy to work there and met a lot of life long friends.
Great culture, good people
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Sandy, UTFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: great culture, good work/life balance
Cons: moderate pay, can be difficult to move up
It is a great place to work. It is a very friendly, collaborative environment and they truly care about helping people. They also invest in their employees with good benefits and a great training program.
Exceptional Work / Life Balance and Training Programs.
Financial Solutions Officer (Former Employee), West Jordan, UT (Jordan Valley Branch)October 15, 2012
Pros: hours and benefits.
Cons: location and travel: 45 min. each way to work, saratoga springs to the west jordan corporate office.
Typical day at work: Counseded members regarding credit and achieving financial goals. Tactfully handled disputes consering credit eligibility. Tracked and reported the performance of loans and sales. Conducted self in a professional manner to maintain strong business relationships with co-workers and members.

Management: Exceptional management and – more... co-workers. I did not consider this job hard because this company has an outstanding training program for its employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting members with achieving their financial aspirations and goals. The most unpleasant part of the job was when credit ratings prevented my ability to help members in need. – less
Good company to work for.
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 1, 2012
Pros: great benefits, great management.
Cons: not earning enough money.
Mountain America credit union is a very good credit union. My average day consists of doing transactions for our members of the credit union. Mountain America is member oriented and it is required of the employee's to offer products to members. I learn how to work a team with the credit union. My managers help me and my co-workers to focus on our goals – more... and how we can achieve them. The hardest part of Mountain America is advancing in the company. It is hard to have a degree but have it be overlooked. I enjoy the atmosphere of unity between my co-workers and myself. – less
Best place I have ever worked in my many years of employment
Corporate employee (Current Employee), Corporate officeJune 8, 2012
Pros: the culture and its people, benefits are tops.
Cons: sometimes not enough employees in the branch to serve our members fast enough
I have worked many places and when I heard about Mountain America Credit Union and all the great awards it has won over the past years as Best Place To Work, I wanted to be part of that environment. Our relatively new executive management team has brought this credit union through tough economic times with little disruption by using numbers to guide – more... the ship. This is the only place I have ever worked where from the CEO down the phrase, "Our most important assets are our employees," is practiced. Yes, there will always be disgruntled employees who have left or who were asked to leave. This is like any other organization where you can't judge it by disgruntled employees but by the majority of long-term employees that are still here. "This is a great place to work," is the phrase I hear all the time from our employees. Come and see for yourself. – less
Innovative, mostly good people, fun environment
Corporate employee (Former Employee), West Jordan, UtahApril 24, 2012
Pros: close to home, good work hours, mostly good people.
Cons: poor management, poor performance standards
Mountain America was a fun place to work. Although there wasn't much room for growth, management does promote from within and does encourage stewardship. I feel like many people there, especially in management micro-manage and do very little to instill positive work environment. I also saw many employees that did not perform and yet they were the ones – more... who excelled and were given promotions. – less
Good company to work for.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 7, 2012
Pros: service oriented, client satisfaction focused.
Cons: company became too large.
I started as a teller in 1986 and left in 1991 as an Assistant Branch Manager. The branch I was working in was closed to consolidate financials. After a consolidation of two credit unions, the decision to close some of the branches was made.
I enjoyed working with the individuals within the organization and did not want to leave, but could not commute – more... to SLC. – less
During my tenure the culture changed from person focus to numbers focus.
Select Member Services A.E. (private banking) (Former Employee), Salt LakeFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: too political
It was a great place to work for the first three years I was there. They changed the CEO in the third year. Then new guy and all the senior management were CPA's or the same types. All the people focused senior management were either terminated or left. The new philosophy was strictly dollars. The give lip service to following their motto of placing – more... people first, but it doesn't go very deep. Some of the new management are so political they are down right dishonest. I don't believe the that is the corporate philosophy, just mid and low level management types thinking they will get promoted my cutting corners and making it too dificult to reasonably do your job. Sadly, it is not the same place that made it great. – less