Mountain Park Health Center Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2016
Pay is horrible, it can be unorganized, the people are the worst to work with. They all have attitudes and don't want to help you with anything. It's like being in high school. Micro managing, the worst. Too many changes with management and they have the highest turn over rate. They pride themselves on diversity but there is none. if you want to be bullied by co workers, get paid horribly and be fired within a month of being there then by all means apply...
Pros
Healthcare insurance
Cons
Pay, management, co-workers favoritism
For a first job as an MA it was a step in the door, but I wish I would have taken another offer.
Medical Assitant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2016
In my short period at MPHC I endured a lot of disrespect and back-stabbbing. A day consist of clocking in getting with my Dr and my fellow co-worker to prepare for the day. In my opinion the supervisors let a lot of things slide and turn the other cheek when it comes to MA's that have been there longer and the NP. If you are new everything is your fault regardless if you did it or not. A few times I was thrown under bus by not only the girls that have been there 3+yrs but as well as NP. When I would explain myself it was like in one ear out the other. I was still lectured and still written up. When I took my complaints to HR nothing was done about it. Pretty much nobody stuck up for you. It got so bad that NP and MD were causing scenes and yelling in the hallways where anyone could hear them throwing fits like toddlers and our supervisors did nothing, all they had to say was who upset them. I have never seen or experienced such disrespect in my whole life until I worked here. You have MA's sleeping the security guards, Supervisors discussing everyone's business with other coworkers, supervisors making their own hours but god forbid you get sick and didn't put in a two weeks notice, MD's and NP causing scenes and openly yelling and starting arguments with their MA's in the hallways, Providers openly talking about patients diagnosis and symptoms with anybody that would lend a listening ear. I regret taking this job I had other offers but I given broken promises and I was foolish enough to fall for it.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
Poorly ran organization
Provider (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2015
Pros:
PTO is generous
Benefits are inexpensive

Cons:
Senior Management is a clique. If you aren't in their inner circle you are not treated well and ideas are not heard.
High turnover
Lack of support by Human Resources
Poor communication
Morale is low due to the trickle down effect of Senior Management.
Human Resources shows favoritism to some employees and not others
Always understaffed which makes Providers upset and patients wait and then be rushed through
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2015
Great Benefits
Great Support
Flexible scheduling for workers
Provider2 are good
Nice support system
Caring staff and caring providers
Fun place to work. Good Atmosphere.
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2015
Following up on applications, health plans, background checks. I've learned how to do Human Resources stuff. Management is nice and willing to help. Flexible with lifes needs. Co-Workers are great, good atmosphere. Fun place to work. Hardest part of the job is the time restraints with how much work there is to complete. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people, flexible scheduling around their employees, and good benefits.
Pros
flexible scheduling, good co-workers
Cons
stressful, time constraints
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2015
This location gives me an opportunity to refresh my memory on the latest clinical guidelines and drug dosing regimen changes.
Very Poor Corporate Leadership
Former Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  CorporateNovember 16, 2014
Don't be drawn in by higher pay. MP is a terribly managed company and is a revolving door for corporate employees. Growth and personal lives do not exist here. Most feel very frustrated to realize you will never be a part of the inner circle regardless of your experience. The bad environment starts with the top executive and trickles all the way down to how the management team treats their revolving door employees. Where you come from doesn't matter, what you bring to the table doesn't matter, what you believe your job can be doesn't matter. The first time you feel like you are being laughed at, remember what you read here. Unless you want to be looking for a job again in about 6 months, don't waste your time.
Pros
tempting higher pay at corporate level
Cons
poor leadership, no standards, no voice, bad professional culture
Excellent
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 29, 2014
Mountain Park Health Center-Customer Service Rep (Front Desk MA)-03/01/2014-Current
• ECW System, AHCCCS Systems, knowledge
• Take pictures of patient for insurance purposes
• Verify insurances types HMO, PPO Plans etc. (BCBS Insurance, Aetna, Tricare, CMDP/AHCCCS)
• Create patient’s charts a day before, and make sure everything was correct in ECW
• Charge Co-Pays received payments, debit, credit, cash, checks etc.
• Received every type of encounters, determine if triage or if to be forwarded to Providers
• Fax/ Daily Scan paperwork and place it correctly in patient’s file
• 60 wpm
good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Very busy office, several Dr. in the office. Fun place to work at.
watching children while perants work out
cancelled (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2014
nothing good about them do not care about employees would not like it
Served patients in Family Practice and Pediatrics
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 2, 2014
-Vital patients
-prior authorization forms
-Gave injections to both infants and adults
-suture removals
Fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed working with Different providers, I learn how to be a team player.
Great team of co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2014
Check in/ out patients, take detailed messages, collects payments, answer phones.

I learned how to work a fast pace office, and learned how to navigate new software.

Management was not stable

I had a great team of co- workers as well as providers.

Hardest part was dealing with patients who where disrespectful to employees as well as other patients.

The highlight of my day was being able to see my patients whom I establish a great relationship with and whom I have grown fond of.
Pros
everyday
Cons
no guarantee of job security
HR Analyst/ Operations Director
Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2013
Human Resource Analyst August 2013-Present

• KRONOS - All data entry, reporting, monthly audit of data, timecard review/changes, processed timesheets prior to payroll
• Invoices - monthly reconciliation
• Recognizing You - Loading rewards on a set schedule, preparing reports, assisting with employee relations, explore product enhancements and present to group
• Employee Customer Relations
• Employee interaction/relations at Clinics, trainings
• Conducted Fingerprint backgrounds, helped develop training for the Human Resource Department
• Managed all request for CME’s and tuition reimbursement
• Employment verification

Operations Director Nov. 2012- August2013
• Managed the daily operations of the clerical staff for 22 employees for non-clinical staff
• Actively participates in hiring, developing and reviewing of employee performance
• Analyze workflow and assignments to ensure operations run efficiently
• Assist and advises staff members in resolving problems and issues arise with internal and external customers.
• Participate in 2 committees: Quality Assurance and Discount Program
• Perform Quality Assurance Audits
• End of the day deposits, adjustments on accounts
Love working with people
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 23, 2013
Worked in medical office for 3-4 years love working with all kind of people. Took time off to be a stay at home parent i have a step daughter. Love family kid of all ages and being involved in working with people. a hard day for me is losing people from sickness. i have a huge hart and brakes to hear that some one has passed away.
Serving our community and helping our staff
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2013
A great compnay that values their employees and serves the community
Poorly managed company company
Credentialing and Privileging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2012
HR is very unorganized and gives you no help.
Rude environment to work with.
Unprofessional environment, etc
Excellent Customer Service
Medical Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2012
Great Pt. Care, Fun, Good Hygiene, Well Organized, Awesome Benefits.
A Team Work Environment
Medical Billing/Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2012
A typical day at Mountain Park was very busy. I would receive paper encounters from the billers and code for clean claim submission. Verify all Medicare electronic claims that codes have been entered correctly for submission. I have learned to set up Medicare for submission through Ivans, Vision Share and Ability. Also how to utilize the DDE system. I posted payments for Medicare from Easy Print remits and learned how to audit provider charts. I have learned EMR through ECW billing program as well as Centricity. My co-workers were very supportive of me and I looked forward to going to work every day. Management was very supportive as well. I if had a suggestion on something, they aknowledged my thoughts and gave me a chance to try it out. The hardest part of job was learning the DDE system. The Enjoyable part of the job was the coding.
Pros
birthday fridays, and drawings
Helped patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 17, 2012
Calibrate all laboratory equipment first in the morning, print out all the labs and diagnostic reports for doctor to review.Rooming patients and helped doctor with procedures. Entering blood work, scheduling patient for X-ray, MRI, etc. Work on referalls, and faxed them to specialists. Called patients with doctor's notes.
Pros
lunching together with co-workers, sharing culture and food
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Park Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.