Mountain State Auto Auction Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Business Analyst and Consultant (Current Employee), Shinnston, WVJune 30, 2015
It is a great place to work and I have enjoyed my tenure there. I am only looking for employment because I am moving to a different location.
If you want to feel like trash work here
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVMarch 14, 2015
Cons: longer hours, low pay, hostile work space
I was made to feel like a substandard employee. Nothing could be done to please my manager. I was hired as a sales assistant and ended up being a glorified bagel and coffee girl who was treated with little respect and could hardly handle my day to day activities much less do extra because it was never good enough.
A good place to drive your heart out.
Driver (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVOctober 20, 2014
Get there early in the morning to be driven to your car pick up place and drive the car back to the auction except on Monday, that is when you drive the cars threw the auction, this takes patience to sit there and wait to drive a car threw a building for a buyer to look at it so they can decide what to bid on it, after the auction you get to drive the vehicle to the new owners lot. Then start all over again. If you like to drive this is a job for you.
Not a Company with security or career longetivity
sales (Former Employee), ShinnstonSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: commissions
Cons: management, no possibility of advancement, tight knit family
If you think working for a family owned business is better than a corporation, don't be fooled. The rules of the job change daily or for whomever it benefits the most that day with this company. Be prepared to be told how to live your life and what you should look like as well as be treated like you are a child. If they are not pleased with you in any way, from the way you style your hair or the clothes you wear, they will terminate you without warning and give you no reason stating they have the right to fire you "at-will", however if they give you no reason for termination it's typically due to discrimination. Do yourself a favor and talk to previous employees about their turnover here. They will not only terminate you within your 90 day probation period for no reason but they will terminate you after 3 years of service just the same. You will walk on egg shells while employed here wondering if you will be next on the list, even if you are a stellar performer. Results mean nothing to them, only looks, and even at that you are not safe.
What a joke!!!
Mechanic (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: pay every week don't have any training/ experience
Cons: management unfair
They do not supply you with the tools you need. They send you to do a job ON the lot an accident happened and they fired me! They do things to the cars to make them money and cost the dealers to not sale them like they should. When they have good trained mechanics they get rid of them for unjust reasons.
Various office work
Auction Clerk (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVJuly 24, 2013
Ran errands, worked auction block on sale days, helped with preparing estate sales.
users
IT/eCommerce Manager (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVAugust 1, 2012
this company is ful of nice people however the work i did was many long hours with no real reward. i did a very complicated project moving servers and internet feeds from one side of the complex to fhe other only to be let go the day after the project was completed.
Productive and fast paced fun workplace
Various Office Positions (Former Employee), Shinnston, WVJune 20, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: no advancement
I always enjoyed my job, it was never ending, fast paced, learned something new everyday. Co workers were a blast to work with.