Mountain States Health Alliance Employee Reviews

Little pay
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 22, 2017
Pay employees as little as possible. We rarely even get a raise and when we do it's 1%. Jobs are hard to find and your forced to take the little they give u.
Excellent Work Environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604May 21, 2017
Mountain States Health Alliance is a wonderful place to work. They are compassionate and Patient Centered Care is the main focus. MSHA also has excellent benefits.
Great friends and co-workers
TM Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 18, 2017
Typical day was doing your job. It was very professional.

What I learned was all the HR functions that required by the state and joint commission.

Workplace was okay.

I enjoyed by day at work and was friend with some of my co-workers.
Pros
Benefits & Compensation; Days for vacation and time off
Cons
Not always easy or pleasant to work with some management
Food Service/Kitchen
Hospital Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604May 14, 2017
The facilities were very well maintained.

We were held to a high standard.

I was highly motivated to do a good job here.

I received many employee of the month awards.

The patients constantly gave me 'shining stars' awards through my supervisor.

I would be glad to return to work there if I was in the area.
Pros
Work fairly divided with the workers.
Cons
Low pay!
Just another number
NICU RN (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 3, 2017
They under pay their nurses and blame them for any and all issues with patients and duties. They do not care about you as an individual and see every nurse as quickly replaced. Only give a 1percent raise every year and you have to meet all of their criteria to get this raise. Also, they are more worried about saving money and cutting corners on supplies and staffing than the health and safety of their patients and the staff.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Underpaid
My Experience
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604April 30, 2017
I had a great experience as far as working with people and growing in that regard within the culture and learning. There were other things that I didn't agree with and why I left.
love my job
Clinical Documentation Assistant/Concurrent Coder (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 17, 2017
I love my job at MSHA, for the most part. I have been a team member for almost 18 years and have worked several positions during my time here. I have obtained on the job education and training in order to advance my career. I enjoy working with my co-workers and couldn't ask for a better manager.
Pros
stability
Cons
salary could be a bit better
Great
PSR (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 28, 2017
Great company to work for. Looking for better job opportunities for myself. Just exptremly hard to get to move up. You have to know the right people.
Finance Driven
Corporate Director/ Corporate Billing Office (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 23, 2017
Under-compensated versus industry standards, highly political infrastructure, finance driven strategically. This organization changed drastically after 2012, as prior to that time, it was a progressive organization that was respected, rooted in advancement and progressive outcomes culturally. Overall review, survival became an everyday thought process versus strategic growth and opportunity.
Pros
Advancement potential if you can handle the culture
Cons
Limited ability to impart change and strategy
Okay work environment.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 22, 2017
I entered MSHA with an expectation of immediate advancement; to no avail. We are richly UNDER payed. And generally OVER worked. If you're thinking about working for MSHA I would recommend you review other options.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Underpayed, Overworked
Is what it is
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Marion, VAMarch 20, 2017
Overall, good place to work. People are great for the most part. Company is way to tight on budget and is all about numbers. Staffing is terrible, overtime is required because they can never have enough staff. You go home if business is slow, no real promised hours.
Cons
Staffing, low pay, all about numbers
Bringing Loving Care to Healthcare
PCP (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 12, 2017
MSHA is a great place to work. The work environment includes Christian expression. There are no typical days when working in healthcare. You never know what days will go into late evening hours. You cannot predict the level of illness you will face. I enjoy my job because I care for people. The compensation we receive is more related to our self satisfaction and our true goals in life.
Pros
Basic Job Security
Cons
Physically draining
great place to work
Pre-visit coordinator (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMarch 1, 2017
I have learned so much working for Mountain States. When I started my position I had no knowledge of the medical field. I have learned quickly and even gained enough confidence to pursue my certification from AAPC. I enjoy getting to know patients and co-workers. The hardest part of my day is when the computer systems and programs that we use go down. I adore my supervisors. They are so willing to help when needed and communicate goals as a team.
Pros
Having a team behind you care about the patients as much as I do.
Cons
Computer system issues often.
The company has earned many awards in the healthcare field.
Patient Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 21, 2017
This company has exceptional bedside and on the floor RNs working toward the same goal. Their goal is to care for patients to the best of their ability regardless of the present staffing shortcomings. The RNs, CNAs, PCP, ect work very hard and very long understaffed hours and manage to provide excellent care to their patients.
Productive workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 17, 2017
Opportunity for nursing excellence present. Opportunity for education present. MSHA grants many excellent opportunities with the stipulation only of their advancement.
Full of grief but feel secure.
Supply (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 15, 2017
Everyday is the same ole same ole, that is good and bad. Good luck trying to advance unless you know someone or go to church with someone in the know. The politics in the workplace is unbearable and you can not get away from it. Payday is the most enjoyable part of the job and even at that the pay is undermining. There are hospitals and hospital systems that pay the employee's what they should be paid for the job they do, and then there is this system. Upper management is disconnected from the workers and could care less so long as goals are met and everyone just does the job.
Pros
Fairly secure setting
Cons
Everything else
Hardest part of the job
Pharmacy IS Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 14, 2017
Advancement is the hardest part of the job. Most departments offer suggestions to improve your position based on certifications or education but once you meet those requirements there is no room to advance without leaving the company.
Administrators care more about $$$ than patients or employees
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 24, 2017
I will start by saying that I loved the people I worked with, with the exception of management. The management for the department I was employed were never involved in the day-to-day runnings, but they sit around in their offices and at least once a month complain about the department not making enough in collections and also to change the process used on a day-to-day basis. They are most definitely lacking in leadership that understands what it means to lead a department or a company within the administrative and clerical departments. They have no respect for patients or for the employees who interact with patients on a daily basis.
Pros
Good people around you other than management, pretty good benefits, flexible schedules.
Cons
Management, pressure on collections from patients, alot of non paid personal time mandatory meetings.
Cashier
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Poor management did not care about their employees managerstole money from lottery machines the place was disgusting never clean homeless people hoarded the place
Floor Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Great environment to learn as a new nurse and opportunites to further your education.

Great benefits with PTO, 401K, Health Insurance and others benefits
Pros
Close to home and the cardiovascular unit is very team oriented.
Cons
Not enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain States Health Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8