Mountain States Health Alliance

Mountain States Health Alliance Employer Reviews

single physician office
Clerical assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 30, 2014
Enjoyed working with the manager and patients. We did all the billing and follow-up for patients. Small office but very busy.
PCP
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: tons of blood draws
As a PCP you take draw labs you also perform EKGs you acn only become a pcp within MSHA after you have worked for them as a cna and your manger signs agrees that you would be good assest to the team to move up as a PCP. you also have to sign a contract with MSHA saying that you will stay with the company for an extra 6 months if you leave before that you have to pay them back for the training they gave you.
Enjoyed relationships I made at this company and the educational opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 5, 2014
Pros: job advancement, nurse to patient ratio, good insurance.
Cons: difficult patients and families
I worked on a medical surgical, trauma floor that was very rewarding but also very difficult both emotionally and physically. I worked night shift and had 5 patients a night for the majority of the time, I would complete all shift assessments, medications, wound care and any other skill such as placing an IV or foley catheter that may arise. I also overseen the LPN and CNA on the floor. I assisted with toileting and baths as needed also. I learned so much there and was able to get med surg certified and advance to shift leader for several years. I had the best coworkers over the years there, we were truly a team , a family who worked well together and enjoyed each others company outside of work. The hardest part of my job was the stress that came along with the trauma patients when multiple people and families were involved and some did not survive. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my patients get better and go home.
Productive work enviroment with full team support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 23, 2014
Answer Multiple Line Phone
Schedule appoints with VP, CEO, CFO, ect
Power Point Presentations
Word
Excel
Minutes
Schedule travel (i.e. rental car, hotel, air and any additional accommodations)
Payroll for 100 team members in the department
Ordered and planned dinner meetings
Busy place to work/not enough employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: typically short lunch break and no other breaks.
Pulled to different floors at the hospital. Typically did not get hours in for job. No comment on management. Pay was too low for the job requirement's. Patient ratio too high to care for patient.
Very challenging and stressful at times
Billing Application Coordinator (Current Employee), Johnson City, TnSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: they try to have fun when we can
Cons: insurance rates are high
Working in the PFS office is a challenge, but yet satisfying job. Everyday there are new challenges and problems to solve. With my job the opportunity to solve the most difficult problems can be exciting. It is a great place if you want to push yourself to exceed expectations of yourself. You will always be coming up with ideas to make things better.
There is alot of opportunity to move up within MSHA
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, good benefits, and good morale
Cons: no cons
Mountain States Health Alliance is a great place to work. They offer several good benefits.
The best job I've ever had...
Echo/Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: working somewhere different every day / co-workers
Cons: most days started between 4 and 5 a.m.
It was so rewarding to be an integral part of potentially saving someone's life. We screened patients on a mobile unit to see if they needed further testing, or possibly need to check in at the ER. Our screenings saved many people from having strokes and cardiac issues that could have taken their lives. My co-workers were an amazing group of people that I am so grateful for having the opportunity to have worked with. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. Unfortunately, business took a down turn, and they had to eliminate my position. I hope and pray that I get another opportunity to work as a Cardiac Sonographer somewhere close to home.
Magnet hospital, teaching hospital
Registered nurse (RN) and nurse intern (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very good morale. flexible scheduling. supportive environment.
Cons: low pay
Very supportive management. Magnet hospital. Highly recommend. Only negative is low pay.
Productive place during nightshift work
MDLink Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: nightshift, 3 12 hour shifts
Helped Wings Air Rescue coordinate transportation for trauma victims. Worked with various hospitals for transportation of patients to more suitable facilities.
Productive and caring workplace
Internal Transporter (Current Employee), Abingdon, VAJune 16, 2014
Pros: the rapport built with nurses and technicians
Very good place to work; a typical day consists of 25 - 32 transports a day; my co-workers are sincere about helping you.
Brand new, green facility
ED Access Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2014
Pros: beautiful building with zen, spa-like finishes
The work environment was beautiful! Its the state's first "green" health care facility. The health care benefits were ok. I loved my 4*10s shift of on 4 days, off for 3.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson city tnMarch 14, 2014
Worked on MDE/Surge floor with bariactrics amd respiratory floor
Great people, most are super caring and will go out of their way for patients and each other.
Medical Forms Designer (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Love most of my co-workers. Too many coworkers laid off and work load is beyond acceptable. Productivity and morale have been drastically reduced in the last few months. They do have great benefits.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
REGISTERED STAFFING NURSE (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 25, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND ENJOY FLOATING TO DIFFERENT FACILITIES WITHIN MSHA. GREAT DEAL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS GAINED FROM WORKING IN SEVERAL SPECIALTY AREAS. MANAGEMENT OPEN AND HONEST AND WOULD WORK FOR AGAIN IN FUTURE.
Avoid this company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson City Medical CenterFebruary 1, 2014
Bad work environment, continuous cuts. On the weekends we had no janitors, secretary, or PCP's (on a critical care unit). The nurses were over worked and underpaid.
Bringing loving care to health care
Sheduling Op/Medical Records (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: making a differnce in peoples lives
Very high-paced work environment; Patient centered care atmosphere, Service excellence is very important to provide to the patients and to co-workers on a daily basis. It is a joy to see how much the patients appreciate all that you do for them and I received so much satisfaction knowing that maybe I made a difference in someone's life everyday.
Good team family with generally good working conditions. Like most of healthcare entities, suffering from effects of healthcare reform.
Business Systems Analyst III (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: trust
Cons: no call pay
I was treated with respect and consideration by my immediate management. My work family was great to work with. We were never sure about what upper management was planning and were kept on a need to know basis but I assume that is how most corporations operate. All in all, Mountain States was pretty good to me up until they decided to let me go (and I truly was one of the best at what I did).
Fast paced
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Coeburn, VAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches every now and then
Shifts 830-5
I learned inventory skills,scheduling and time management skills
Management is friendly and as understanding as they can be
Co-workers are usually friendly
Hardest part is getting everything scheduled before patient leaves in a timely manner
Enjoyable part is getting to meet new people all the time
Nice employees to work with
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: stressful job
enjoyable people to work with
Hardest part of the job was the constant change in Insurance companies policies and guidelines.

1 2 3

About Mountain States Health Alliance

Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), the largest healthcare system in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, is a nine-hospital – Read more