Mountain States Health Alliance

Mountain States Health Alliance United States Employee Reviews

unfair treatment, no respect for employee, managers speaking to you terrible , supervisors lying to cover their mistakes, I loved working there until
Access Representative Level III (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMarch 15, 2015
Pros: allowed a 30 minute lunch break and you worked over 30 minutes to make up time
Cons: no breaks
call patient to desk ,impute their personal info into system, collect co pay r ded. Make sure pt is comfortable and take to the correct dept.Co workers as a whole were nice to work with a worked at being a team.Hardest part to see people in pain. working with customers was most enjoyable
Nursing
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNMarch 14, 2015
Come in to work and provide patient care. Great people providing loving care to others. The staff has a wealth of knowledge to share and the nurses are very capable.
Corporate Human Resources is not a fun place to work.
Team Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: no micro-managing as long as you did your job
Cons: drama, gossiping, jealousy, inappropriate behavior, and back stabbing by co-workers
I was not micro-managed because I performed my job duties well.

The hardest and most frustrating part of the job was watching good employees get laid off, while favoritism was shown to the lazy ones who kept their jobs, and received salary increases based on their looks and dress.

I became very unhappy after 7 years of employment.
Good learning experience but unhealthy work environemnt
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJanuary 11, 2015
While I learned a lot with this position, the company as a whole does not take good care of its employees. They consistently take away and fire employees while demanding more be done by the staff that remains.
single physician office
Clerical assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 30, 2014
Enjoyed working with the manager and patients. We did all the billing and follow-up for patients. Small office but very busy.
PCP
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: tons of blood draws
As a PCP you take draw labs you also perform EKGs you acn only become a pcp within MSHA after you have worked for them as a cna and your manger signs agrees that you would be good assest to the team to move up as a PCP. you also have to sign a contract with MSHA saying that you will stay with the company for an extra 6 months if you leave before that you have to pay them back for the training they gave you.
Enjoyed relationships I made at this company and the educational opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNDecember 5, 2014
Pros: job advancement, nurse to patient ratio, good insurance.
Cons: difficult patients and families
I worked on a medical surgical, trauma floor that was very rewarding but also very difficult both emotionally and physically. I worked night shift and had 5 patients a night for the majority of the time, I would complete all shift assessments, medications, wound care and any other skill such as placing an IV or foley catheter that may arise. I also overseen the LPN and CNA on the floor. I assisted with toileting and baths as needed also. I learned so much there and was able to get med surg certified and advance to shift leader for several years. I had the best coworkers over the years there, we were truly a team , a family who worked well together and enjoyed each others company outside of work. The hardest part of my job was the stress that came along with the trauma patients when multiple people and families were involved and some did not survive. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching my patients get better and go home.
Productive work enviroment with full team support
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 23, 2014
Answer Multiple Line Phone
Schedule appoints with VP, CEO, CFO, ect
Power Point Presentations
Word
Excel
Minutes
Schedule travel (i.e. rental car, hotel, air and any additional accommodations)
Payroll for 100 team members in the department
Ordered and planned dinner meetings
Busy place to work/not enough employees
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: typically short lunch break and no other breaks.
Pulled to different floors at the hospital. Typically did not get hours in for job. No comment on management. Pay was too low for the job requirement's. Patient ratio too high to care for patient.
Very challenging and stressful at times
Billing Application Coordinator (Current Employee), Johnson City, TnSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: they try to have fun when we can
Cons: insurance rates are high
Working in the PFS office is a challenge, but yet satisfying job. Everyday there are new challenges and problems to solve. With my job the opportunity to solve the most difficult problems can be exciting. It is a great place if you want to push yourself to exceed expectations of yourself. You will always be coming up with ideas to make things better.
There is alot of opportunity to move up within MSHA
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules, good benefits, and good morale
Cons: no cons
Mountain States Health Alliance is a great place to work. They offer several good benefits.
The best job I've ever had...
Echo/Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 14, 2014
Pros: working somewhere different every day / co-workers
Cons: most days started between 4 and 5 a.m.
It was so rewarding to be an integral part of potentially saving someone's life. We screened patients on a mobile unit to see if they needed further testing, or possibly need to check in at the ER. Our screenings saved many people from having strokes and cardiac issues that could have taken their lives. My co-workers were an amazing group of people that I am so grateful for having the opportunity to have worked with. I enjoyed every aspect of my job. Unfortunately, business took a down turn, and they had to eliminate my position. I hope and pray that I get another opportunity to work as a Cardiac Sonographer somewhere close to home.
Magnet hospital, teaching hospital
Registered nurse (RN) and nurse intern (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very good morale. flexible scheduling. supportive environment.
Cons: low pay
Very supportive management. Magnet hospital. Highly recommend. Only negative is low pay.
Productive place during nightshift work
MDLink Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 30, 2014
Pros: nightshift, 3 12 hour shifts
Helped Wings Air Rescue coordinate transportation for trauma victims. Worked with various hospitals for transportation of patients to more suitable facilities.
Productive and caring workplace
Internal Transporter (Current Employee), Abingdon, VAJune 16, 2014
Pros: the rapport built with nurses and technicians
Very good place to work; a typical day consists of 25 - 32 transports a day; my co-workers are sincere about helping you.
Brand new, green facility
ED Access Representative (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 20, 2014
Pros: beautiful building with zen, spa-like finishes
The work environment was beautiful! Its the state's first "green" health care facility. The health care benefits were ok. I loved my 4*10s shift of on 4 days, off for 3.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson city tnMarch 14, 2014
Worked on MDE/Surge floor with bariactrics amd respiratory floor
Great people, most are super caring and will go out of their way for patients and each other.
Medical Forms Designer (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 26, 2014
Love most of my co-workers. Too many coworkers laid off and work load is beyond acceptable. Productivity and morale have been drastically reduced in the last few months. They do have great benefits.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
REGISTERED STAFFING NURSE (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNFebruary 25, 2014
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND ENJOY FLOATING TO DIFFERENT FACILITIES WITHIN MSHA. GREAT DEAL OF KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS GAINED FROM WORKING IN SEVERAL SPECIALTY AREAS. MANAGEMENT OPEN AND HONEST AND WOULD WORK FOR AGAIN IN FUTURE.
Avoid this company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Johnson City Medical CenterFebruary 1, 2014
Bad work environment, continuous cuts. On the weekends we had no janitors, secretary, or PCP's (on a critical care unit). The nurses were over worked and underpaid.

1 2 3

About Mountain States Health Alliance

Mountain States Health Alliance (MSHA), the largest healthcare system in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia, is a nine-hospital – Read more

Mountain States Health Alliance Salaries