Mountain View Hospital Employee Reviews

I love my job
Financial Counselor/Patient Registration Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2017
I loved my job and working with people. We worked as a team to get the work done. Helping patients with questions and giving them answers that they understood and could work with.
Great experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 30, 2017
Working at the hospital helped me realized how much i love caring for people. It has been my passion ever since i left. The doctors and nurses were very patient with me and the other volunteers and it helped all of us do our job effectively and efficiently.
Productive and many great learning experiences
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 2, 2017
The job is very high paced, yet enjoyable place to work due to great communication among co-workers. There is so much too learn and everyone was always willing to help teach. The hardest part of the job was being the only processor, processing 2500+ specimens per day, plus many other tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn so much, and working with a staff that was always willing too help. It was great working with great co-workers.
Pros
Hard working co-workers
Cons
Hard to find time to take bathroom breaks.
Great place
Nursing Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 20, 2016
I was a volunteer here!
I loved it here the staff where wonderful always trying to help!
I was a nursing student at the time and the nurses would always be kind enough to show me the right way to get everything done!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great people to work with
Ultrasound Technologist/ CT tech (Current Employee) –  Payson, UTDecember 10, 2016
Employees stay for a long time. Family atmosphere. Made some changes to shift differential and not for the better. Decent pay but could be better. Overall great place to work
Pros
Good people
Cons
Never get off the weekend
Challenging
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 9, 2016
Working there was a hard difficult floor dealing with the kids. It was a very physical floor that you had to do a lot of restraints because the kids wanting to fight. Team work made the dream work at the hospital.
Great coworkers and clean environment
Staff Nurse ER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2016
The staff are amazing to work alongside. The department is kept clean. There are a lot of learning opportunities here as the acuity is higher than other hospitals this size.
Pros
Great coworkers; benefits are good
Cons
It is big and there is a lot of walking; Meditech is the charting system
everything
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 9, 2016
I worked the company and became friends and my friends became family. It didnt seem like work when the people who you work with meet you halfway and help you out
Pros
all
Cons
no cons
Patient care and fun staff
Reading room registrar/Outpatient Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2016
I loved working at the hospital because there was never a dull day. I learned alot not background they were looking for. Management was ...not the best. My co-workers were great and very helpful. Hardest part of my job was having to make having to make the " bad news" calls from the reading room. I loved my job just disappointed my position was eliminated.
okay workplace
RN - Labor and Delivery Nurse (Current Employee) –  Payson, UTOctober 7, 2016
labor and delivery or postpartum patients which has now become moms and babies in couplet care, also care for gynecological surgery patients. Coworkers are awesome, love what I do. Taking care of my patients in a safe environment. hardest thing is the changes that are happening and the chaos involved.
Pros
great coworkers, rewarding experiences
Cons
no time off the floor, not enough staff to cover the job
I am happier now than when I started.
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 11, 2016
It has taken some time to feel like I am a part of the department. I am feeling happier now. It has just taken time to feel accepted.
We are scheduled for 8 hour. We usually have add on patients that keep us late or have the on call technologist come in.
I was doing echo prior to coming to Mountain View. Being able to relearn general ultrasound has been great. I feel more comfortable doing ultrasound now and it challenges me to be a better technologist.
Pros
the quarterly bonuses, the pay
Cons
on call
Great place to advance skills, poor place to stay long-term
Chemotherapy Ad-Mix Technician (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 27, 2016
The singular focus of working in oncology provides perfect opportunity for exposure to sterile IV preparation as well as the intricacies of chemotherapy preparation.
Pros
Enjoyable co-workers, and rewarding job
Cons
Absolutely atrocious management, heavy discrimination in the workplace
Great place for student Interns
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTJune 6, 2016
I interned here, and the nurses were fantastic. They were always willing to answer my questions and were very professional and great caregivers.
great place
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2016
the lab is laid back, the hardest part of the job is the lack of personnel. the equipment is fairly new, and they are constantly trying new procedures.
I love working for the hospital
Case Manager Register nurse (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 18, 2016
It has been a good experience working with ortho patients. I love the staff that I work with. Now I work with discharge planning and help them to get the level of care they need to function at home.
Pros
Helping people get the help they need
Nice place to work
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMay 5, 2016
I enjoyed my time there, I just had an issue with management in my own department but overall they are some really awesome people.
Pros
Built in Cafeteria and Gym.
Cons
Crowded, and growing too fast.
Productive and fast paced
Pain Clinic Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDApril 25, 2016
A very caring environment for their cliental and their worker-bees. A rewarding experience with lots of room to grow. They care deeply for everyone that walks through their doors.
More one on one with Dementia and behavorial Gero patients
Gero Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTMarch 9, 2016
Generally had one to two patients per nurse, reviewed their medications, administered and did assessments. Dealt with difficult behavior at times. Learned non-threatening approaches to irritated patients, deescalating. Management was supportive. Co-workers were great, worked well as a team. Hardest part of the job was working with nurses and Psych doctor that didn't understand geriatric population and common issues over psych issues. I enjoyed the one on one with the patients.
Pros
More one on one with geriatric patients with behaviors
Cons
Work was based on Census, sometimes didn't have work.
amazing place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDMarch 2, 2016
amazing place to work needs some work in other departments but the one i was in was great. had to quit because had to relocate.
RN (ER -Direct Observation Unit) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2015
I enjoy every single day I work. Allow improvement, personal growth and development. Co-workers and medical staff support each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain View Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3