Mountain Vista Medical Center

Mountain Vista Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Internal Medicine Clerkship (Medical Student) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 9, 2015
I had a great experience as a medical student here. I learned a lot! The nurses and case managers were really nice to work with.
Pros
Great learning experience
Amazing facility with great people.
Patient Access/Registrar/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 2, 2015
My experience at MVMC has been amazing, much more than what I expected. Managment has worked with my personal life and always made sure I was understanding my responsibilities.
Dependable Job
ER Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 1, 2015
Fun work place with supportive team members. Hard to learn but easy once you get the hang of it. Great experience to have.
Small hospital with room for growth!
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2015
The hospital is a small "private" hospital but it is slowly expanding and the reputation precedes the service provided to patients and employees alike! Service reflects leadership!
Great staff
CNA (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 3, 2015
The department I work in is an out patient department; the staff and management are a great group to work with.
I like caring for people especially the elderly; I enjoy listening to their life experience.
Pros
No weekends and holidays off
Cons
Long hours during Winter months and short hours during Summer months
Productive, great place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2015
In Surgical Services there was a great demonstration of what team work really is. This OR has 9 operating rooms and with such busy case schedules everyone worked really well together. Great Anesthesia group to work with.
Pros
lots of educational opportunities
Cons
worked as PRN no benefits
Positive work enviornment, great teamwork amongst co-workers
Labor and Delivery RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 22, 2015
Received an assignment at change of shift daily staff meeting.
Received report from the nurses whose patients you were assigned to on the oncoming shift.

The management of the In-patient Obstetrical unit was very supportive, including pitching in on the floor when needed.

Made rounds to patients to introduce myself and discuss their anticipated plan of care for the shift.

Co-workers had great attitudes, teamwork was ingrained in the culture of the In-patient Obstetrical Unit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the privilege of being a part of one of a families most precious and memorable time of their lives, given birth to their baby. Definitely never tired of the miracle of birth.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with fetal demises. It is heart breaking when an event that is suppose to be a joyous occasion becomes a devastating loss for the family.
30 bed Emergency Department servicing the East Valley. Good teamwork environment.
Emergency Department Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 5, 2015
MVMC (Mountain Vista Medical Center) is a For-Profit Acute Care Hospital. We are a Cardiac receiving and Stroke receiving facility. I am currently a member of the Stroke Committee which has been a great learning opportunity. I enjoy the diversity of my work, not one day is the same in Emergency Department (ED). The most difficult part of my position is assisting families with the death of children. Currently, the operations model in ED for the Case Management role is responsible for Full Time Case management, Social Worker, Utilization Review and Discharge Planning. Case Management is not a billable service at the Acute Care level at this time therefore, Case Managers carry high caseloads and many responsibilities. This has given me the opportunity to best utilize my strong skills of time management, organizational skills and communication skills. I work very harmoniously with the ED Physicians and ED nurses in order to achieve good patient and organizational outcomes. I enjoy this part of my position, teamwork. I have learned a great deal about regulatory standards and requirements, Bi-Laws of the Acute setting, EMS/Fire Bi-Laws, Legislation, Psychiatric processes from the ED and community settings, billing and reimbursement and Utilization Review.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Work 12.5 hour shifts
only LMSW for the hospital
Social worker for patients in a 175 bed hospital (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 14, 2015
Great co-workers, Doctors, RN's, and a house staff always ready to help. The staff worked as a team and always tried to keep a positive attitude.
Pros
Always on the run, never board, a continuing learning exp.
Cons
when we would lose a child, or have to tell a child that their parent had passed.
Student Review
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 29, 2015
The days would very someways you would be running around with a chicken with your head cut off, others you would be sitting praying that something would come up.
Pros
employies can set up so they can get lunches and the money would be pulled out of your check.
Cons
sometime short handed
Great experience in the ER!
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Typical day at work was helping RN's in invasive procedures. I was the first student ever in my school to be asked to perform my procedures under the RN's I was working with rather than my instructor. I learned and saw many different symptoms and procedures being down in the ER that has enabled me to be a better and more efficient PCT. The management and co-workers were helpful and not only showed me what to do but told me stories of their experiences that allowed me to know I was heading into the right profession. The hardest part of the job was being able to know when I should step in, being a student and all, and when I should allow the employees of Mountain Vista ED do what they needed to do. The most enjoyable part of this experience was meeting all ranges of ages in patients and learning how to care for them.
Pros
only student to be recommened to work in the ed, and work under the rn's license in invasive procedures.
Cons
not hiring pct but allowing us their as students.
poor at best
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2014
Very degrading. Promised full time with a few weeks and it never came to be. LAZY co-workers. Nasty attitudes very poor morale. 70% of employees have no benefits! It's all about the numbers not the patients!
Pros
nice direct suoervisor
Fast paced, prouductive, fun, and professional environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 10, 2014
Compassionate patient care facility in which the patient comes first.
Pros
easy going management with an excellent work ethic to learn from.
Cons
at times, higher patient to staff ratios due to being under staffed.
fun workplace, great physicians and advanced providers
Pool Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
I have worked with Iasis Healthcare for about 8 years and have floated between the various sister facilities. I currently work in the ER at Mountain Vista Medical Center since a year and a half ago. I love the fast pace 12 hours shifts and the variety of patients that we treat in the ER. Time management is an essence in the ER which is one of the hardest parts of the job. The team work is the most enjoyable part of the job. Great co-workers that really care about their patients.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
disorganized management
amazing place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 9, 2014
my supervisor was amazing he was very professional and had a great attitude. co workers were great to wolrk with and had positive attitudes.
Beautiful facility, but they need some help to improve the patient/employee experience
Director, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 16, 2014
Patient liaison to assist in facilitating the patient stay. Managed culture change teams.
Pros
good interaction with patients
Cons
not supported by management to implement the necessary changes for improvement
Fun place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 9, 2014
Great place to work, and good team members working together to complete anything and everything that comes up.
Love the Vista
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mesa ArizonaFebruary 14, 2014
I have enjoyed working there and love those that I work with. The young facility has made great efforts to maintain the highest level of care.
Pros
great people, strong enviorment.
Cons
frequent changes in cno and facility core measures.
Freindly work enviroment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day involved interacting with doctors and mid level providers while providing excellent care to my patients. coordinating care with staff supervisors and assisting coworkers throughout the shift. The friendships I developed with my coworkers as well as our returning patients that returned to deliver there next child made it enjoyable.
Pros
schedule and pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Productive work place. Just need more business
Nuclear Medicine Technologist-PRN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 8, 2014
I love working at this facility. The department is well-organized and the employees are great! My only concern is that I am not getting enough hours as a call-tech. I would like to find a more stable job at a place were business is booming!

Mountain Vista Medical Center Reviews by Location