Mountain Vista Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very busy
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2017
High patient acuity, unfair patient assignments, or assigned to float to unfamiliar units. High stress. Short breaks. Frequent changes in management....
Enjoyable workplace
Still Employed - EVS Agent (contractor) (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZ 85209August 7, 2017
for a hospital it is a very enjoyable place to be in. It has great and amazing people caring for the sick. There is a great diversity among the staff and for the most part they are flexible on the work schedule.
Pros
lots of breaks on slow days
Cons
always on call
n/a
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 31, 2017
Company has been purchased by a different owner and has replaced management positions. I am unaware of the new owners and what has changed, therefore I am unable to provide an accurate reflection.
I enjoyed work
Nutritional Aide (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 28, 2017
The dietary department was a lot of fun for me to work in. Many people had problems because there are plenty of lazy people that work there but overall I had a good experience working for them and enjoyed my coworkers. The supervisors treat you with respect as long as you work hard and do your job. It is hard work but always worth it.
Pros
Free lunch if you work in dietary, relatable coworkers and managers, oppurtunities to try other jobs within dietary department
Cons
Short staffed much of the time, lazy coworkers
Not a healthy work environment
Telemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 13, 2017
My first RN position and even though I had not worked in a hospital environment as a RN I felt the atmosphere was not healthy for the staff or the patients. A new telemetry RN took care of five patients of varying acuities with one patient care tech for half of the floor. This was an unsafe work environment. The nursing staff was very stressed.
Cons
Not able to take lunch breaks
Face to Face environment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 6, 2017
saw people all day help them with their medical bills answer questions regarding their health insurance coverage copays deductibles, assist my patient with a convenient payment plan for their out of pocket.

the hardest part of my job is having to tell my patients their insurance was denying our claim.

seeing my patients feeling well and going home.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
seeing ill patients
Easy Work not the best work environment
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 30, 2017
The job is so easy but the management is awful. They treat their employees badly and there is too much drama in the work place. they are not mindful of others lives outside of work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
management, other employees, cleanliness
Good people to work with.
Lead Outpatient Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 15, 2017
Morale is great and this leads to great care for the patients. I enjoy the camaraderie amongst the different hospital units. There is a good case mix to treat.
very nice establishment to work in
Admin Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 18, 2017
the people were very friendly and kind and always worked with my school schedule. Never gave me much trouble on what days i needed to come in. I was able to make my own schedule.
Pros
flexibility
great staff
General surgical technologist (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 16, 2017
great place to work with an awesome surgical team. I really wish I could take them all with me. The surgical residency program has made for a great learning environment by osmosis.
Pros
the break room is well stocked with coffee. If I could reasonably work for free coffee I would.
Cons
mountain vista needs to hire more staff

Want to know more about Mountain Vista Medical Center?

Ask a question
I loved my boss
Diet Technician (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 9, 2017
I was in an office by myself without windows or interaction with others except for patients on the phone. I learned how to be patient and really manage my time.
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits because I was PRN even though I worked full time hours for 5 years
Needs to appreciate dedicated employees
Environmental services attendant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 1, 2017
The job wasn't very hard and I enjoyed what I did but not matter how hard you work it doesn't move you up in management or leadership whatsoever. CEO was pleasant.
The most enjoyable part of the job.
Director, Women's Services (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 1, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with excellent provides and staff. We provided individualized care to patients and families. Able to change processes that improves the care directly provided to patients.
Fun place to work, different culture of staff and patients
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 23, 2017
I loved how the hospital cared for their CNA's. Never felt beneath nurses/management. I was treated fairly and kindly. I wish the benefits were better
Benefits
Would Reccommend
Leader (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 23, 2017
Great place to learn, wonderful staff, committed leadership team. Frequent executive turnover and subsequent changes in organizational priorities. Overall, great place to work.
Beautiful Place, Horrible Management
ER/OP Registrar/Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 27, 2017
Checked in patients for OP and ER.
Learned that you have to be quick to make notes and make sure they are accurate for future audit trail accountability.
Management was horrible, they were never around when you needed help and cut back over half the staff in ER due to wanting to switch schedules around for their convenience. Work place culture was never followed and when reported no action was ever taken.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay positive in a very negative environment.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and liked being in the hospital to help patients.
Pros
Professional Employees
Nightshift RN (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 12, 2017
Staff friendly and helpful.Management is flexible with your needs. Is a good place to advance your career. Everyone their was very personable and showed they cared about the patients.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Great place to work but in need of improvement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Co-workers made working here worth while. However, management was not productive and therefore cost us to have issues with our HCAP scores.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Staff on other floors were not friendly
Good experience for first time nurses
RN (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2016
Recent graduates from nursing school or respiratory therapy or Scrub techs might find working at Mountain Vista a very eye opening learning experience and move on to better things.
Pros
Good beginner's Job
Cons
Almost never can get a lunch break, unsafe RN to Pt ratios
A very professional atmosphere
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 7, 2016
I truly enjoyed the ambient and people I work with. Management was fair and treated everyone equally.
The lab was one of the finest and up to code with all rules and regulations.
I worked the night shift for those 3 years and I think that is the only complaint I have since they promised me that I was going to be changed to dayshift for more than a year.
Overall, a terrific place to work.
Pros
Free lab work
Cons
Working night shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Vista Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Mountain Vista Medical Center Reviews by Location