Mountain Vista Medical Center Employee Reviews

Productive, great place to work
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2015
Pros: lots of educational opportunities
Cons: worked as PRN no benefits
In Surgical Services there was a great demonstration of what team work really is. This OR has 9 operating rooms and with such busy case schedules everyone worked really well together. Great Anesthesia group to work with.
Positive work enviornment, great teamwork amongst co-workers
Labor and Delivery RN (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 22, 2015
Received an assignment at change of shift daily staff meeting.
Received report from the nurses whose patients you were assigned to on the oncoming shift.

The management of the In-patient Obstetrical unit was very supportive, including pitching in on the floor when needed.

Made rounds to patients to introduce myself and discuss their anticipated plan of care for the shift.

Co-workers had great attitudes, teamwork was ingrained in the culture of the In-patient Obstetrical Unit.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the privilege of being a part of one of a families most precious and memorable time of their lives, given birth to their baby. Definitely never tired of the miracle of birth.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with fetal demises. It is heart breaking when an event that is suppose to be a joyous occasion becomes a devastating loss for the family.
30 bed Emergency Department servicing the East Valley. Good teamwork environment.
Emergency Department Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 5, 2015
Pros: Close to home.
Cons: Work 12.5 hour shifts
MVMC (Mountain Vista Medical Center) is a For-Profit Acute Care Hospital. We are a Cardiac receiving and Stroke receiving facility. I am currently a member of the Stroke Committee which has been a great learning opportunity. I enjoy the diversity of my work, not one day is the same in Emergency Department (ED). The most difficult part of my position is assisting families with the death of children. Currently, the operations model in ED for the Case Management role is responsible for Full Time Case management, Social Worker, Utilization Review and Discharge Planning. Case Management is not – more... a billable service at the Acute Care level at this time therefore, Case Managers carry high caseloads and many responsibilities. This has given me the opportunity to best utilize my strong skills of time management, organizational skills and communication skills. I work very harmoniously with the ED Physicians and ED nurses in order to achieve good patient and organizational outcomes. I enjoy this part of my position, teamwork. I have learned a great deal about regulatory standards and requirements, Bi-Laws of the Acute setting, EMS/Fire Bi-Laws, Legislation, Psychiatric processes from the ED and community settings, billing and reimbursement and Utilization Review. – less
only LMSW for the hospital
Social worker for patients in a 175 bed hospital (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Always on the run, never board, a continuing learning exp.
Cons: when we would lose a child, or have to tell a child that their parent had passed.
Great co-workers, Doctors, RN's, and a house staff always ready to help. The staff worked as a team and always tried to keep a positive attitude.
Student Review
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: employies can set up so they can get lunches and the money would be pulled out of your check.
Cons: sometime short handed
The days would very someways you would be running around with a chicken with your head cut off, others you would be sitting praying that something would come up.
Great experience in the ER!
Patient Care Technician Externship (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: only student to be recommened to work in the ed, and work under the rn's license in invasive procedures.
Cons: not hiring pct but allowing us their as students.
Typical day at work was helping RN's in invasive procedures. I was the first student ever in my school to be asked to perform my procedures under the RN's I was working with rather than my instructor. I learned and saw many different symptoms and procedures being down in the ER that has enabled me to be a better and more efficient PCT. The management and co-workers were helpful and not only showed me what to do but told me stories of their experiences that allowed me to know I was heading into the right profession. The hardest part of the job was being able to know when I should step in, being a student and all, and when I should allow the employees of Mountain Vista ED do what they needed to do. The most enjoyable part of this experience was meeting all ranges of ages in patients and learning how to care for them.
poor at best
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 12, 2014
Pros: nice direct suoervisor
Very degrading. Promised full time with a few weeks and it never came to be. LAZY co-workers. Nasty attitudes very poor morale. 70% of employees have no benefits! It's all about the numbers not the patients!
Fast paced, prouductive, fun, and professional environment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 10, 2014
Pros: easy going management with an excellent work ethic to learn from.
Cons: at times, higher patient to staff ratios due to being under staffed.
Compassionate patient care facility in which the patient comes first.
fun workplace, great physicians and advanced providers
Pool Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: disorganized management
I have worked with Iasis Healthcare for about 8 years and have floated between the various sister facilities. I currently work in the ER at Mountain Vista Medical Center since a year and a half ago. I love the fast pace 12 hours shifts and the variety of patients that we treat in the ER. Time management is an essence in the ER which is one of the hardest parts of the job. The team work is the most enjoyable part of the job. Great co-workers that really care about their patients.
amazing place to work
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 9, 2014
my supervisor was amazing he was very professional and had a great attitude. co workers were great to wolrk with and had positive attitudes.
Beautiful facility, but they need some help to improve the patient/employee experience
Director, Customer Service (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 16, 2014
Pros: good interaction with patients
Cons: not supported by management to implement the necessary changes for improvement
Patient liaison to assist in facilitating the patient stay. Managed culture change teams.
Fun place to work
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMarch 9, 2014
Great place to work, and good team members working together to complete anything and everything that comes up.
Love the Vista
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Mesa ArizonaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: great people, strong enviorment.
Cons: frequent changes in cno and facility core measures.
I have enjoyed working there and love those that I work with. The young facility has made great efforts to maintain the highest level of care.
Freindly work enviroment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: schedule and pay
Cons: 12 hour shifts
A typical day involved interacting with doctors and mid level providers while providing excellent care to my patients. coordinating care with staff supervisors and assisting coworkers throughout the shift. The friendships I developed with my coworkers as well as our returning patients that returned to deliver there next child made it enjoyable.
Productive work place. Just need more business
Nuclear Medicine Technologist-PRN (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 8, 2014
I love working at this facility. The department is well-organized and the employees are great! My only concern is that I am not getting enough hours as a call-tech. I would like to find a more stable job at a place were business is booming!
Agency RN
RN (Former Employee), Mesa azDecember 15, 2013
Pros: close to hone, facility beautiful and clean
Cons: unprofessional, uncaring staff. poor mgmt
Facility very nice but all fluff !!! Management aweful and don't care ! Foul mouthed employees is what u see here ! Very unprofessional ! Nurse to patient ratios just ridiculous and unsafe ! Excellent nursing care - not happening !
I will not be back
Enjoyable work environment, great staff, my home away from home.
Surgical Technologist - Women's Services (Current Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2013
L&D is like an ER, you need to be prepared for whatever might walk through the door.
Having a great staff to work with in order to ensure patient safety and ensure everything runs smoothly, is key and that is what we have at MVMC.
Great place to work, great co-workers, and great management team
CNA/Psych tech - Work as CNA (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great staff, free holiday meals, several employee appreciation days.
Cons: some days, finding time for a break is difficult.
A typical day at work consists of taking care of 12 patients and sometimes up to as many as 24. The shift starts with getting each patient's vital signs and glucose reading if necessary; making sure all proper equipment is brought in and used on each patient as it differs with each individual. When working day shift there are three meals to chart, three blood sugar checks, sometimes Q4 vitals depending on the individual, helping with showers, bedding changes, answering call lights, helping patients with their needs and assisting the nurses and doctors with different projects.

What I learned working – more... as a CNA and a Psych Tech was that I love people and I want to work in the counseling field more than working as a nurse because I see a great need and people have a tendency to open up to me.

Management changed at Mountain Vista about 4 times since I started in March of 2009. Today the management team is at their best. They keep track of inventories, they take care of employees, and they have a professional and caring team in charge, always checking with the staff to hear about concerns.

Co-workers have been great. I like working with everyone and I get a chance to work with many people because I work different shifts and different days. Everyone is helpful and works together as a team. In my experience, since I started working for Mountain Vista, I have met some of the most talented and interesting people.

The hardest part of the job can be the non-stop schedule at times. Some days are non-stop for 12 hours on the feet and having a hard time charting before the end of shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and talking to my patients. When people are bed ridden they want to share their life story and that is always fascinating to me. Some people are calling out for help and some are just wanted to talk and share. I love people and I love learning about people's experiences and life stories. – less
They do not care about their workers.
RN (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 3, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: menegament, benefits
I loved my co workers. Everybody is trying to help each other. On the other hand, management was horrible to their employers. They never care about you. According to them if there is a problem you are the responsible person. They do say that they care about you but we never saw an action about it.
Beautiful hospital, management has a huge turn over rate, they worry about money only, not about patient care and patient safety
Staff/ Charge RN (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 2, 2013
Lacking management skills, worried about the bottom line, which is dollar signs for this for profit hospital. No compassion for staff or patients. Do not recommend this hospital.
Headquarters