Mountain West Medical Center Employee Reviews

growing and expanding company
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMarch 10, 2017
I would check patients in by verifying their demographic information and discussing how their insurance would process their claim. I learn how to manage your work and personal life. The hardest part was dealing with the gossip wheel. Everyone has to be into everyone's business it was the most difficult when you need to take time off and everyone needed to know why. I really enjoyed getting to know the repeat patients. There would be people who would come often and you got to really know the person. The management is differs from department to department but overall the management was good. Some managers could use more training and learn from other managers and than it would be the best place to work.
Pros
meal cards, employee discount
Cons
organization, communication
Worst place I've ever worked
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 4, 2017
I worked in the Dietary department, and it is awful. The manager plays favorites and you are forced to work 14 hour shifts with no breaks. The managers come and go as they please, take their breaks when they want and WILL NOT work with you on the schedule. You work what they want you to, regardless of appointments or family emergencies. It's ran as a dictatorship. Would not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Free food, nice insurance
Cons
14 hour shifts, no breaks, heavy workload, rude manager
Favorite place to work ever!
Central Sch (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTDecember 30, 2016
Amazing people, awesome benefits and friendly atmosphere! Absolutely loved working there. Love the hours, compensation, perks, meal cards....I could go on and on about this hospital. Highly recommend!
Horrible place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 9, 2016
Management does not help out employees. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Job security is poor. you make one small mistake and you are sent packing. Had to work to many hours for such little pay. Benefits are probably the only good thing here if that is all you are looking for.
Housekeeping
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 13, 2016
The 3rd party company (HHS) that runs/ manages the housekeeping does a poor job. The employees work very hard for $9 an hour with no raises. They are always short staffed and expected to carry out more than their fair share of work. Some days you are expected to do the job of two people at once because the turn over rate is so bad. On a typical evening, their are 3 people to work the entire hospital, and weekends only get 2 people. We are extremely short staffed at all times.

The housekeeping director/manager does just the opposite of what a good boss should do or should act, which explains the high turnover. The typical employee lasts 4 weeks. In 4 months, I've seen 8 people leave already.

Overall, housekeeping would be better if they had a new manager that even pretended to care about the employees and didn't treat them poorly.
Pros
Close location to home, hours
Cons
Managment, insurance, pay
Routine and fast paced, coworkers excellent.
Operator/Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk; (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 19, 2015
Routine daily duties, some variables, no advancement, learning new equipment when they upgrade. Management has changed quite frequently over the coarse of my employment, not very personable or approachable. Co-workers are excellent and reason for staying with the job.
Hardest part is upkeep of listing of doctors and personnel. Most enjoyable part is working directly with people directly and helping solving problems.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Hours and pay
Great coworkers, corperation difficult to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 5, 2015
My coworkers are greater to work with, team work is amazing. Every one is good in difficult situations which we are put in often because of staffing issues. Corporate make things difficult to get staff hired and the upper management doesn't do the things that they need to keep good staff. They under pay new nurses and it is very difficult to get a raise.
Pros
Great team work, good unit managment
Cons
Low paying, short staffed, slow hiring process
Overall a safe work environment
Certified Nursing Assisntant (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 22, 2015
Working as a CNA in the evenings you are usually busy, and here was no exception. The difference is that everyone tries to work together and help each other. I enjoyed the nurses and other CNA's I worked with. Working night shift I really didn't see or talk to management but my experiences with them was pretty good. If you think that night means that the patients are going to be sleeping and it will be boring, its not true. It can be very busy throughout the night. I liked working there, and would go back.
Pros
discounted lunches, teamwork oriented staff
Cons
health care plan is not very good, and a little expensive
Great people to work with
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTMarch 16, 2015
Over my 3 years at Mountain West I have received 2 new job responsibilities but never received extra pay. I have been trained to bill, cross trained in all 10 different clinics to schedule for 15 physicians, and had the responsibility of handling the daily cash deposits for all clinics. Have only received a $.66 raise in that time frame.
Pros
Great Physicians, close to home
Cons
not enough pay for workload expected
Not great but not awful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 15, 2014
It is an okay environment.
A typical day would be going into patients rooms to pick up garbage and laundry, clean rooms that need to be cleaned. or working in the ER and cleaning the rooms when patients are discharged.
The hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from those who dont do their job.
Health Unit Clerk/ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTAugust 20, 2013
Great staff and physicians. Fun atmosphere and outstanding values.
very good job
Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 21, 2013
no room for advancement staff great great job best part about the job the radiologist.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no advancement
Constantly using my critically thinking skills
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTOctober 13, 2012
As the Risk Manager and Patient Safety Officer each day is unpredictable always busy and at times extremely challenging (I like challenging makes my job more interesting and I get to use my critical thinking skills). I have learned so much of how the internal aspect of a hospital functions-so much more to it than meets the naked eye. Co-workers-I work well as a team player and am able to remain objective no matter the issue(s) at hand. Some co-workers are a little more difficult to work with but I try to continuously improve my communication skills and various approaches unique to that particular co-worker. Hardest part of my job-Trying to make co-workers and employees be accountable for their actions, not point fingers at others or make excuses but to follow through and find the root of the problem so a solution can be made. When a patient, family member, or friend call and compliment the staff on what a good job the staff and the whole hospital did; very rewarding.
Pros
work with legal counsel, family oriented, flexible
Cons
culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain West Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8