Mountain West Medical Center Employee Reviews

Housekeeping
housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJanuary 13, 2016
The 3rd party company (HHS) that runs/ manages the housekeeping does a poor job. The employees work very hard for $9 an hour with no raises. They are always short staffed and expected to carry out more than their fair share of work. Some days you are expected to do the job of two people at once because the turn over rate is so bad. On a typical evening, their are 3 people to work the entire hospital, and weekends only get 2 people. We are extremely short staffed at all times.

The housekeeping director/manager does just the opposite of what a good boss should do or should act, which explains the high turnover. The typical employee lasts 4 weeks. In 4 months, I've seen 8 people leave already.

Overall, housekeeping would be better if they had a new manager that even pretended to care about the employees and didn't treat them poorly.
Pros
Close location to home, hours
Cons
Managment, insurance, pay
Routine and fast paced, coworkers excellent.
Operator/Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk; (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 19, 2015
Routine daily duties, some variables, no advancement, learning new equipment when they upgrade. Management has changed quite frequently over the coarse of my employment, not very personable or approachable. Co-workers are excellent and reason for staying with the job.
Hardest part is upkeep of listing of doctors and personnel. Most enjoyable part is working directly with people directly and helping solving problems.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Hours and pay
Great coworkers, corperation difficult to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 5, 2015
My coworkers are greater to work with, team work is amazing. Every one is good in difficult situations which we are put in often because of staffing issues. Corporate make things difficult to get staff hired and the upper management doesn't do the things that they need to keep good staff. They under pay new nurses and it is very difficult to get a raise.
Pros
Great team work, good unit managment
Cons
Low paying, short staffed, slow hiring process
Overall a safe work environment
Certified Nursing Assisntant (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 22, 2015
Working as a CNA in the evenings you are usually busy, and here was no exception. The difference is that everyone tries to work together and help each other. I enjoyed the nurses and other CNA's I worked with. Working night shift I really didn't see or talk to management but my experiences with them was pretty good. If you think that night means that the patients are going to be sleeping and it will be boring, its not true. It can be very busy throughout the night. I liked working there, and would go back.
Pros
discounted lunches, teamwork oriented staff
Cons
health care plan is not very good, and a little expensive
Great people to work with
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTMarch 16, 2015
Over my 3 years at Mountain West I have received 2 new job responsibilities but never received extra pay. I have been trained to bill, cross trained in all 10 different clinics to schedule for 15 physicians, and had the responsibility of handling the daily cash deposits for all clinics. Have only received a $.66 raise in that time frame.
Pros
great physicians, close to home
Cons
not enough pay for workload expected
Fun to work place.
Head cook/ Kitchen manager (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTMarch 28, 2014
I loved everything I did at this job. I could plan my day and always accomplished it. It was a nice place to work in.
Pros
good repationship with employees and customers.
Cons
there was a cap on the salary of my position.
Not great but not awful
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTFebruary 15, 2014
It is an okay environment.
A typical day would be going into patients rooms to pick up garbage and laundry, clean rooms that need to be cleaned. or working in the ER and cleaning the rooms when patients are discharged.
The hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from those who dont do their job.
Health Unit Clerk/ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTAugust 20, 2013
Great staff and physicians. Fun atmosphere and outstanding values.
very good job
Director of Radiology (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTJune 21, 2013
no room for advancement staff great great job best part about the job the radiologist.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
no advancement