Mountain West Medical Center Employee Reviews

Routine and fast paced, coworkers excellent.
Operator/Receptionist/Mailroom Clerk; (Current Employee), Tooele, UTJune 19, 2015
Pros: Employee benefits
Cons: Hours and pay
Routine daily duties, some variables, no advancement, learning new equipment when they upgrade. Management has changed quite frequently over the coarse of my employment, not very personable or approachable. Co-workers are excellent and reason for staying with the job.
Hardest part is upkeep of listing of doctors and personnel. Most enjoyable part is working directly with people directly and helping solving problems.
Great coworkers, corperation difficult to work for.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Tooele, UTJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great team work, good unit managment
Cons: Low paying, short staffed, slow hiring process
My coworkers are greater to work with, team work is amazing. Every one is good in difficult situations which we are put in often because of staffing issues. Corporate make things difficult to get staff hired and the upper management doesn't do the things that they need to keep good staff. They under pay new nurses and it is very difficult to get a raise.
Overall a safe work environment
Certified Nursing Assisntant (Former Employee), Tooele, UTMay 22, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches, teamwork oriented staff
Cons: health care plan is not very good, and a little expensive
Working as a CNA in the evenings you are usually busy, and here was no exception. The difference is that everyone tries to work together and help each other. I enjoyed the nurses and other CNA's I worked with. Working night shift I really didn't see or talk to management but my experiences with them was pretty good. If you think that night means that the patients are going to be sleeping and it will be boring, its not true. It can be very busy throughout the night. I liked working there, and would go back.
Great people to work with
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee), Tooele, UTMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great physicians, close to home
Cons: not enough pay for workload expected
Over my 3 years at Mountain West I have received 2 new job responsibilities but never received extra pay. I have been trained to bill, cross trained in all 10 different clinics to schedule for 15 physicians, and had the responsibility of handling the daily cash deposits for all clinics. Have only received a $.66 raise in that time frame.
Fun to work place.
Head cook/ Kitchen manager (Former Employee), Tooele, UTMarch 28, 2014
Pros: good repationship with employees and customers.
Cons: there was a cap on the salary of my position.
I loved everything I did at this job. I could plan my day and always accomplished it. It was a nice place to work in.
Not great but not awful
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Tooele, UTFebruary 15, 2014
It is an okay environment.
A typical day would be going into patients rooms to pick up garbage and laundry, clean rooms that need to be cleaned. or working in the ER and cleaning the rooms when patients are discharged.
The hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from those who dont do their job.
very good job
Director of Radiology (Former Employee), Tooele, UTJune 21, 2013
Pros: good work enviroment
Cons: no advancement
no room for advancement staff great great job best part about the job the radiologist.
Constantly using my critically thinking skills
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee), Tooele, UTOctober 13, 2012
Pros: work with legal counsel, family oriented, flexible
Cons: culture
As the Risk Manager and Patient Safety Officer each day is unpredictable always busy and at times extremely challenging (I like challenging makes my job more interesting and I get to use my critical thinking skills). I have learned so much of how the internal aspect of a hospital functions-so much more to it than meets the naked eye. Co-workers-I work well as a team player and am able to remain objective no matter the issue(s) at hand. Some co-workers are a little more difficult to work with but I try to continuously improve my communication skills and various approaches unique to that particular co-worker. Hardest part of my job-Trying to make co-workers and employees be accountable for their actions, not point fingers at others or make excuses but to follow through and find the root of the problem so a solution can be made. When a patient, family member, or friend call and compliment the staff on what a good job the staff and the whole hospital did; very rewarding.