MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

Part time Phlebotomist
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 15, 2018
I was an early morning part time phlebotomist. This was a very easy job that provided a couple blood draws every morning and a small but consistent pay check. I only working 2 hours every morning but I had just received my certificate of completion from a community college so it was good work coming right out of school.
Internship
Patient Experience Intern (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTFebruary 5, 2018
I enjoyed my summer internship at the MountainStar Hospital. I liked my managers, and I feel like I was able to help the hospital become a better place for the patients.
Lots to learn
Social Media Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2018
As an intern, I was expected to do a lot of random tasks. I was also given the opportunity to progress in my area of study with projects assigned to me to showcase my knowledge and experience. It's a great place to learn and feel included.
Pros
Friendly staff, not stressful
Cons
Not paid as an intern
Quick paced, but great teamwork
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 30, 2018
In the ER, things can get hectic at the drop of a hat. I learned that it's important to know who and what your coworkers do. Everyone plays a part in saving lives. That's what I found rather rewarding about working in the emergency room. The hardest part of the job is the hours. Shifts typically run 6 am - 6 pm or 6 pm to 6 am. However, working 3 days a week is really nice in comparison to 5 days a week.
Pros
fast paced work environment, coworkers, and paid time off
Cons
work hours
Great place to work room for advancement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 29, 2018
Had an amazing experience working here. People are great. Management is very acomadating. Was easy to have a job and still be a mother. Best job and boss I have ever had.
Pros
Great management
It's just OK
Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJanuary 26, 2018
Most of the Lakeview employees are the best. It's a smaller "community" hospital and as such, everybody knows everybody. Everybody is friendly and easy going. As in every workplace there are conflicts but for the most part it's a great place to work. I feel like some of the management (Directors) were not as versed as they should be in the fields they were over. The hardest part of the job was management & HR's unwillingness to stop harassment when it does happen, which is not often but it does happen.
Pros
Oportunity to learn & mostly great co-workers
Cons
Those who want to climb the ladder and will do anything to get to the top.
MountainStar is the best!
HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 25, 2018
HCA is a great company to work for! It's a massive company and MountainStar is one of the divisions. Large corporations are not perfect but HCA tries hard to balance employee satisfaction, profit, and charity. They communicate the changes that are being made by email, town hall meetings with our CEO, and mail.
The Administration team is approachable and friendly, and as a company, they take their employee engagement surveys very seriously. I think the biggest challenge is balancing workload and maintaining efficiency for our patients during the busy spurts. But even through that, our nurses, staff, and volunteers are so friendly and have a great sense of humor.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, 401K Match, warm atmosphere
Good
RN (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2018
I really enjoyed the people I worked with at my current hospital. They all seemed genuinely interested in my well-being and wanted me to succeed at my job.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 14, 2018
Overall, a great place to work. It was always busy and sometimes hard work but the company grew in many ways over the years to improve the patient and employee experience.
lively work environment with supportive staff
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 13, 2018
There is never a dull moment on the floor. Doctors, Nurses, Therapist, and other staff work together to ensure quality patient care. Patients are appreciative of the care and are pleasant to care for.
I did not work for any company called mountainstar
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99504January 9, 2018
I never worked for a company called Mountainstar and i do not know who that is. I worked for Alaska Regional Hospital form 2002 to 2014 and the job was excellent and the pay and benefits were excellent. the management was terrible hence why I left.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management.
workplace culture
Circulating Nurse, Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 4, 2018
Very nice place to work. The co workers were great!. Surgeons and doctors awesome. This was a great place to start employment in Alaska. Very close to many activities and things to do outside of work.
Productive company with opportunities to advance.
Diet Technician/Caterer/Baker (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 1, 2018
This is a great job with competitive benefits for full time employees. Cross training is always a good thing as it will help you in developing new skills.
Pros
Free lunches, paid time off.
Cons
Must work weekends and holidays.
Fast paced, friendly coworkers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2017
Good place to work, friendly staff, good doctors, lots of verity in patients. Serve many patients from different cultures. Good pay good benefits, Great 401k match
no review
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here. There were just some people who got offended easily by things. I did make great friends there, the staff in the E.R are great.
Mountain Star Employee for 13 years
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 26, 2017
3 sister hospitals, 13 years, lots of opportunities for growth and career advancement if you're willing to work hard and seek them.
I hope to continue to career with HCA in Idaho, Mountainstar has been wonderful to work for and I highly recommend them.
Pros
Career advancement
Good place to work. Great Administration.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Draper, UT 84020December 16, 2017
Great administration.
Good support, kind and personal interest.
HR needs serious help.
Still smaller, but growing. Raises are a set amount per year 2% or less and are NOT merit based. They are falling behind the wasatch front in pay and benefits.
A great place to work but no job security.
Senior Telecom Engineer (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 15, 2017
A great place to work but no job security. I was a dedicated hard working person with 18 years of experience in my job but corporate decided to deleat my job.
Med/Surg floor
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 15, 2017
After training for my LPN, I went from being an Orderly to a staff nurse. The work was new and exciting to me. The management changed dramatically to fit into the new owners model, New management did not know how to manage, hiring over 50 nurses in one calendar year. The floor went from seasoned well trained nurses to new grads that were not oriented nor trained and temp. agency nurses. moral suffered greatly. I had to leave, to keep my sanity.
Professional
Dietitian/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2017
I worked in the ICU 1 & ER Departments. I was encouraging patients to follow doctors orders with their food diets. Cleaned and sanitized patient rooms. Trained staff and completed all other tasks as directed.
Pros
Nice professional staff
Cons
Could be exposed to infectious disease.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.