MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

over rated manager
Pbx Operator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2017
loved the people i worked with but the manager was a no go. said manager didnt do their job and would rather be buddies instead of making the tough calls.
Team oriented environment, with great opportunities for learning.
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 17, 2017
Lakeview has a friendly work environment with a strong feeling of team work.
Lakeview has given me many opportunities to grow and develop as a young nurse until now.
Pros
Good work environmnet
Cons
Poor pay
Competitive, quick paced
Physical Therapist Assistant Student (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 7, 2017
Busy days with long hours. Typical day includes coming in, reviewing charts and then deciding which patients to see that day. I usually spend around 10 hours at work including documentation time.
Working at Lakeview
Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTNovember 7, 2017
Working in Lakeview ED is great but hard, specifically working as a tech or a cna is challenging. The pay is pretty horrid compared to other jobs but the experience and your coworkers are what makes it worth it. You feel like you are a part of a team and you really operate like a team. Every once in a while you might meet someone who thinks less of you and doesn't treat you well because they believe their position is higher than your own but your other coworkers will always be there to prove you're just as much valued as anyone else.

The only reason I could see myself leaving is that I'm offered a lot of other jobs for my qualifications and those jobs have much better pay but I can't imagine loving those jobs the way I do lakeview.
Pros
Experience, Culture, Education
Cons
Pay makes it hard to keep working there
Busy day
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Intensive care unitOctober 26, 2017
The ICU and ER are fast paced areas. Current health guidelines are continuously integrated into the care of patients. Coworkers help out each other frequently
Pros
Use of clinical skills a must
Cons
Short staffed at many times
Very busy medical unit, great manager
Staff Nurse Medical Unit, RN (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 23, 2017
Wonderful department manager. Unit is very busy and frequently chaotic. Unit is mostly great team but as with any job not everyone plays well with others.
you are just a number here with lackluster management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 22, 2017
This is a for-profit business that happens to be a hospital, not the other way around. HR is on the east coast and you are just a number. Management is there to scold or watch from afar, never jumping in to help. Pay is low compared to other healthcare companies in the area.
Okay to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTOctober 20, 2017
The employees wasn't very nice always busy doing what they had to do to answer any questions I had ..its like people couldn't say hi to you in the hallways and the other staff thought they was better then you
Pros
Good meals and
Cons
Short breaks
good place
Full-Time CNA/ Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 17, 2017
loved all the people who I worked with and for, amazing people. I loved the vastly different cultures I was experienced to by the travel nurses, staff, and patients.
Pros
Reduced Lunches, Good Pay, Great co workers
Cons
Long shifts
Working close to home
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTOctober 14, 2017
I loved working with the physicians at Lakeview. I loved to interact with them on a daily basis whether it be helping them pull medical charts for studies, making sure they were compliant with hospital and national policies when it came to chart completion. The employees around the hospital were incredibly fun to work with. We loved to have fun with holidays, birthdays and hospital celebrations.
I learned to work with various personalities and backgrounds. I loved seeing the patients being satisfied with their care.
The hardest part of the job was cajoling some physicians to sign their charts within 30 days. The most enjoyable part of the job....interacting with patients, being appreciated for a job well done, being a front face of the hospital, being in parades, learning from all other departments in the hospital and being encouraged to be the best I could.
Pros
employee recognition, working with physicians, having fun
Cons
physicians not signing off on their charts and being the bad guy getting them to do it
Exellent place to work
Pre op/Recovery RN, PACU (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 9, 2017
ARH is an awsome place to work! Everyone is like family. CEO very
personable. Team players. Manager was great, cared about employees. Departments backed each other up, PACU co-workers would come and help pre-op and pre-op reciprocated.
Great people
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2017
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER: Responsible for the establishment and enhancement of all policies and procedures for financial reporting. This included planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating the fiscal affairs of the hospital in concert with the Board of Directors, The Administrator, Corporate Office, and Department Managers.

Assumed a leadership role in developing and organizing departmental budgets, provided financial training and guidance for clinical personnel, and assisted new physicians in establishing their practice billing systems.

Conducted demographic and financial research for the Certificate of Need process, as well as assisted in developing patient and physician marketing strategies for the new hospital.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working with Doctors
Professional working environment with exemplary team members
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is being a patient advocate and able to assist patient/families with their needs during their hospital stay and upon discharge. Hours are from 7:30am to 4:00pm but usually unable to leave on time due to late physician discharges. It is a quick-paced day with multiple interruptions due to the constant need of input from case management and social services. Nurses and front-line staff are great team players and advocate for their patients daily.
Pros
The Case Management/Social Services is a collaborative team.
Cons
Many times have to work through lunch.
challenging environment but contracted out my department
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
St. Marks is a great place to work as well as a hard place to work. In my 13 years there I took a department that had been contracted out back to being self operated and saved over $1 million in 18 months vs. what the contractor did.
Pros
Great hospital with a great reputation in the area.
Cons
top management doesn't take care of middle managers. Lots of turnover.
What I learned
Lead EEG Tech (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99515September 13, 2017
I've learned to value the differences between people. Alaska Regional employs people of all ages, backgrounds, ethnicity, education, nationalities and I have learned to appreciate everyone.
Cons
Career advancement appears to be geared toward those with RN designation.
Management could be better.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 13, 2017
I feel that the unit managers allow their personal relationships with their employees to cloud their judgement. Too many of the managers go by here say instead of seeing someones behaviors themselves.
Pros
Free Stuff and Amazing benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Lack of desire to fix management by higher ups.
Fast paced with wide variety skills needed, provided for.
LPN ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2017
St.Mark's Hospital is a place where even your CEO is available and approachable. Management is usually willing to listen and accommodate. There is a diverse culture of clientele that is accommodated as much as possible.
Pros
Lots of OT if you desire
Great People and Balanced
Recreation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Payson, UT 84651August 29, 2017
Really flexible and supportive. I really enjoyed the staff and the fellowship. The supervisors were knowledgeable and encouraging. Grateful for the opportunity of working with them.
Pros
Gym available and perks
Cons
Growth and advancement
Very much interesting place to work. The staff was wonderful to with.
Certified Nurse Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 27, 2017
The most typical day at work is sometimes dealing with combative or difficult patients, especially when trying to care for them and assisting them with the help they need. I've learned to build confidence in my work and to keep in mind that i can achieve my work performance successfully. My supervisor was excellent, very kind, understanding and always try to ways to solve a problem among staff issues. The work environment can be stressful sometimes but rewarding. The hardest part of the job is sometimes can be very exhausting working 12hrs shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with wonderful staff.
St. Mark's
Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 17, 2017
I loved working in Utah. I was able to learn a lot more about the people out here. The growth potential in the job was outstanding. I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.