MountainStar Healthcare Employee Review

View all MountainStar Healthcare reviews

The ups and downs at Alaska Regional Hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 22, 2013
A typical day at work starts at 7 and ends at 7:30 depending on day or night shift. Your work load can depend on the number of new admits and the amount of staffing durring your shift. Staffing can be changed at any time of your shift and your patient load can change at any time. As a chage nurse I have learned how to deal with these changes with staffing in order to make smooth transititions for my staff. Management is not available durring night shift except for the House Supervisior. Most communication is done through e-mail. Most of my co-workers are experenced nurses with a few nurses with 1 or 2 years of experence. The hardest part of my job is dealing with upset co-workers who are upset with fellow co-works and new policies they disagree with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the actual contact with diffrent patients and the quick recovery from their orthopedic surgery.
Pros
free employee clinic, a very good wage.
Cons
poor communication, its hard to get requested time off.

Other MountainStar Healthcare Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 14, 2018
Overall, a great place to work. It was always busy and sometimes hard work but the company grew in many ways over the years to improve the patient and employee experience.
lively work environment with supportive staff
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 13, 2018
There is never a dull moment on the floor. Doctors, Nurses, Therapist, and other staff work together to ensure quality patient care. Patients are appreciative of the care and are pleasant to care for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainStar Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.