MountainView Hospital Employee Reviews

great pace to work
CHARGE NURSE MED/SURG (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2017
Mountain View Hospital is just beautiful. Staff very friendly and very caring and compassionate. Very good teamwork and friendly to deal with. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
great staff
Cons
very busy
Good company, good benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2017
I like the unit I am working currently. Coworkers are really helpful. It's a good place to work but short staff lately. RN-patient ratio is 1-7 mostly of the time. Overall, the hospital is clean, multicultural. Nurses and management care about the patients. The benefits are excellent.
Cons
short staff
I loved this job/very sad to leave
PATIENT REGISTRATION REP (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2017
This was a great place to work. I was very happy there and cried when I left. I worked with great people and learned a lot. Working at this company changed my career life forever. I learned to love the healthcare industry after working here and decided to further my education while working here. HCA is a terrific company to work for. They pay very well and have great benefits.
Pros
Very good hospital
Excellent place to work
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2017
Learned a lot from Mountain view. Enjoyed the hospital experience, hope to further my career in the medical field. Would work there again if given the chance.
Excellent staff and facility
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2017
Best OR suite in town, most caring staff by far. Always a chance for advancement or continuing education. Hospital just had a milestone birthday and is continuously growing.
Great working environment however very stressful at times
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaMarch 3, 2017
MountainView hospital was a great employment opportunity for me however it was time to move back to Canada. The management and staff were wonderful and the support systems for the staff were outstanding. This hospital supplied great wage and benefits.
Pros
Great management and great staff
Cons
Patient expectations and lack of support staff at times
Favoritism and double standards
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2016
New management rolled in couple years ago and wiped all the good old crew clean out. I was one of the last to go. One of the last who didn't give in on both knees and kiss butt to working harder with less and no OT allowed you'd be lucky to get 1 ot shift.

Budget cuts and revolving door of ceo,cfo,directors and management, making it a terrible environment for employees and patients. The doctors are clueless bullies always changing up prescribe medication the patients been on for years without permission and denying meds expecting patients to get better on their own.

Virtually no support especially at night unless you bribe co-workers with drugs or 'other' favors. Its a real slum. I finally had enough and quit after many years of neglect and abuse from co-workers and management instead of giving in to their filthy ways.
Pros
Cons
corrupt political environment, big corporate, budget cuts, deviant behavior among staff especially at night.
Fun workplace, very interactive
Barista (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2016
This job helped a lot socially and it made me meet different people around the hospital. Its not as busy as regular Starbucks but I enjoyed and learned to work on my own and to multi-task. it helped me become a better and productive employee and made me learn to balance work life.
Pros
Meet people and reasonable pay
Cons
management changes alot
Great place to work!
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2015
Love my co-workers, and my doctors. I keep busy and I know at the end of the day I have helped a lot of people/patients.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working alongside my co-workers and learning from each other. I did a lot of tasks from doing payroll and giving out medical records. Everyday there was a new challenge or issue, which has kept me interested and never boring.
Pros
Being able to do what I love doing and Healthcare
Cons
Politics and red tape as any large company
The people are great, and the management listens to our concerns. And our equipment is updated.
Radiography Program Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas NVJune 11, 2015
We have a clean, updated work environment. Our facility keeps all of our equipment updated and working. The staff all works together, and our management listens to our concerns.
In addition, we have great benefits; H2U clinic, healthcare, daycare reimbursement benefits
Pros
Its a great place to work
Cons
No cons
Therapeutic facility with acute and long-term units.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 19, 2015
Wonderful and friendly place to work with opportunities to expand professionally and develop personally while serving individuals and the community.
Pros
Friendly, lunch with co-workers.
Cons
difficult to take time for breaks, difficult to leave on time at the end of twelve hour shifts.
I have great experience in taking care of people.
EKG TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2015
I have taken care of my mother with lung cancer until she passed, approximately three years. I also took care of my Aunt until she passed, approximately four years. I have a medical background, working for a urologist for thirteen years and a cardiologist for four years. I have been an EKG Tech in a very busy county hospital.
I also have experience with the general public when I worked as assistant City Clerk for the City of Coral Springs for six years and the police department for two years.
Pros
I enjoyed every position and experience.
Cons
It was difficult when you are raising three children.
Always a pleasure to be at work with such great staff.
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 24, 2014
The doctors and nurses at Mountainview were always on top of not only taking care of their patients, but also ensuring that their staff was taken care of. I've never worked for such a caring, compassionate group of people. The most enjoyable part of my job, was that I learned something different everyday. The hardest part would be leaving. The memories I have of Mountainview Hospital will last me a lifetime.
Pros
varied shifts, great PTO
Cons
not always a full staff, but sometimes that's how you get great at what you do.
Professional environment
Executive Administrative Asst. to VP of Quality (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2014
Worked closely with the VP of Quality in all aspects. Was responsible for the policies & procedures processes and loved doing it. After being in the commercial real estate field for many years, I was given this fantastic opportunity to start over in the medical field. We had 13 ladies in the department and I helped every single one of them - I would say the the hardest part of the job was sometimes not being recognized in the dept. I had the respect of the Directors, Administrators and physicians and learned a lot including medical terminology and internal processes.
Pros
Hospital Week Activities, BBQs every summer
Fun workplace
Patient Sitter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2012
Excellent hospital..The best hospital in Las Vegas. Co workers are willing to work with you and help you in a lot of way. We take care of our patients
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
non
Great Location, very accessible, working conditions could be a lot better.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2012
Frequently over worked. Minimal Management support. Generally co-worker's are good, but they too, are over worked. No pt./ nurse ratio's, so quality of care not always at peak. Hardest part of job is not being able to give each patient the time they deserved because of patient load and no support, along with pressure not to have overtime when paperworks not complete. Best part of the job is when you can actually have the time to give the quality of care that you became a nurse to give. Unfortunately, it doesn't happen very often.
Profits # 1, safe patient care somewhere. down on the list with employee appreciation and satisfaction.
Preop/Phase II recovery RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2012
This hospital is one of the worst places I have ever worked. Their practice is to stuff as many patients as they can in the hospital whether there is sufficient staff to care for these patients or not. I have witnessed first hand how dangerous these practices are. The administration allows their doctors to disrespect the patients and the nursing staff. I do not recommend this place to anyone who truly believe in patient safety.
Pros
it's in las vegas, excellent caring staff
Cons
horrible management, unsafe for patients, poor staffing, bullying doctors, mediocre wages, staff not appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MountainView Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3