Mountaire Farms

Mountaire Farms Employer Reviews

productive and fun
production worker (Former Employee), lumberbridge ncNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: healthcare
a good day in mountaire farms is like a regular day,i've learned how chicken is processed from the time it arrives til the time they leave. my co-worker were great in fact we still keep in contact, the hardest part to me would to be making it to work because i barley had transportation at the time and what i enjoyed the most was being there to work – more... because i was good at doing what i do. – less
Very little current knowledge exists
Feed Mill Manager (Former Employee), Bonlee, NCNovember 3, 2014
Great people at the time.

Some more concerned with their own personal success than helping others to succeed.
productive job
Line Worker (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: gifts for safe hours
Cons: two 10 min breaks
very fast paced not much teamwork management need training learn how to respect employees more coworkers need work as teamplayers i enjoy lunch break not enough time relax an enjoy meal
Okay Company
Deboner (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 9, 2014
Not big on working in the meat industry and there policy is super strict.
good job
Live Hanging (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCSeptember 26, 2014
2 yo10 pm good coworkers, learned alot good management. come in , went home kept to myself
fast pace
production worker (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
working at a fast pace
cutting chicken
working in the cold
steady work
standing for long hours
production
Cutter (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCJune 24, 2014
hardworking evironment.....with alot of production and alot of hard work to exceed to the next level
Prosuctivity
Lead Person, bagged tenders (Former Employee), Red Springs, NCMay 2, 2014
I was the lead person, so I was responsible for making sure the other employees had orders put out on time. As well as bagging tenders we also made 40ib. boxes. What I learned from my job was how well I could handle stress. Such as being put in a situation were the meat came from the lines so fast onto my table that it fell on the floor. During situations – more... like this I just had too stay calm and work with the flow. I like my co workers, but the hard part would be when they would take extremely late breaks, and I would have them written up. Not that I wanted to but me being a young person I didn't want the older people to think they could take advantage of me. But the best part was lunch. I got to relax, cool off and ;ugh with co workers. – less
Good place for starting a work career
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee), Princess Anne, MDApril 20, 2014
This has been a good place to work. Management is fair and listens to concerns. The hardest part is the long hours and the physical environment.
Good experience.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Selbyville, DEMarch 23, 2014
Pros: lots of benefits once your foot is in the door.
Cons: can be a hassle if travel is long distance from job.
Enjoyed being challenged everyday to do my best. I earned my paycheck and was proud to be apart of a rewarding experience.
Mountaire Farms is a good place to work.
fun workplace
Tray Pack (Former Employee), Selbyville, DEMarch 18, 2014
i learned the meaning of team work, management, and my team was the best
Consistant work
Stretch Bag (Former Employee), Selbyville, DEFebruary 16, 2014
Mountaire is a decent job but it's hard work.You have long hours and is guaranteed overtime.
PRODUCTIVE POULTRY PLANT
Cutter Operator (Current Employee), NCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: the environment and work atmosphere
Cons: the travel and expenses to/from work
YOU HAVE TO BE WELL EQUIPPED FOR THE INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENT. WORK AT A SUITABLE PACE WHILE HANDLING PACKAGES. SCALE OPERATOR. HAVE TO BE ABLE TO WORK WELL AS A TEAM. MANAGEMENT IS FAIR AND UNDERSTANDING. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS THE CLIMATE OF TEMPERATURE DROPS. WORKING WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES AND LEARNING MORE KNOWLEDGE OF THE COMPANY.
Ok place to work but bad environment
Machine operater, pallet jacket driver (Former Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 1, 2014
I like the job far as the work but the people were difficult to work with . I worked on a machine, Learned how to operate a jack pallet which was difficult to learn but I manged.
productive fun and a soap opra
scale operator (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: assemable line, team work
Cons: 1 and a half hour drive from home.
Working here was like a soap opra a lot of drama, I survived. I found a job closer to home, because I was spending most of my earning in gas.
clean work place
production produce (Former Employee), lumberbridge ncJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: great place
Cons: hard work
good place to work room for advancement good safety good company
Somewhat hostile environment
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCNovember 20, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management
the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and learning the programs.
job
tub washer (Current Employee), lumber bridge, ncOctober 24, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: the smell
its a good place to start a career, the hardest part of the job is tryna keep from getting wet, typical part of it is running it by yourself, you runt he machines by yourself, i learned responcibility. the pay is wat i hate the most aboput this job .
fast paced
Yield Technition/Management Trainee (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 10, 2013
Pros: decent pay, paid holidays
Cons: very very short breaks and lunches, expensive healthcare, working on saturdays to make up for holiday time off
very cold enviornment with pretty decent pay.i wouldnt reccomend this job for someone with a degree unless you are coming in as a supervisor or management.Production workers often complain about loads of work with little rescourses to get jobs done effectively.
high pace industrial environment
Quality Control, Supervisor, Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits, 401 k
to maintain the quota of the night.regardless of downtime issues.worked different types of positions through out the plant to get a better understanding of the importance of a processing company.

1 2 3

About Mountaire Farms

This company's chickens have roads in three states to cross. Mountaire Farms operates poultry hatcheries and processing plants – Read more