Mountaire Farms

Mountaire Farms Employee Reviews

wonderful
tray pack (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEMay 1, 2015
Pros: working hours was great
Cons: i had great beifites and health care
A typical day at this job was wonderful. I learned at been at this job was how to take care of chicken the right way. The management was very polite, respectful, and kind. My co-workers was very helpful to me and respectful. The hardest thing was making sure your line don't get backed up. And the most enjoyable part of this job was working in the cool air and meet so many polite people also the bosses was very kind and will work with you.
It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is
Yield Technician (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Benefits, pay is decent, meet a lot of new people, health clinic on site, free lunch at times, etc.
Cons: When you've shown supervisors(in particular) how hard and good of a worker you are, they expect that everday. They expect too much from you everyday, not realizing that you are only one person.
Very diverse place to work, meet a lot of new people. Learn a lot. Very fast paced, but can easily be learned within a week. Everyone is willing to help out one another. Upper management notices hardworking individuals and would be willing to help you move up in the industry, if they feel you are ready.
Productive and fun workplace
Incentive Technician (Former Employee), Millsboro, DEApril 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, health clinic on site, variety of people, cafeteria on site.
Cons: Short breaks for most people
Mountaire is all about opportunity. You work hard, get along with people, and you can move up quick. Great place to work if you're not afraid of hard work. Great pay and benefits!
No nonsense , no horse playing
Yield tech (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: They give gifts on holiday and raises every so often.
Cons: You have to work ten years to get 3 weeks vacation.
Go have breakfast with some co-workers. Then go to work station an began my work on time. Good management. Easy to get along with. When i had to work in the cold. Family day, special days when the employer did fun things with the employees.
PRODUCTIVE
line worker (Current Employee), Lumber BRIDGE, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: interviews
Cons: actual work
A TYPICAL DAY AT THE JOB WOULD CONSIST OF, RUSHING TO GET THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF TIME TO GET ON THE LINE, BREAKS, DRESSED, AND USING THE REST ROOM. THE PAY WAGE DON'T MATCH HALF OF THE WORK THE EMPLOYEES DO, DEPENDING ON THE DEPARTMENT YOU ARE IN. SOME DEPARTMENTS GET OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID.
Overall Good Employment
Deboner (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great staff, hard working people
Cons: short breaks
I liked the fact that everything was routine on a day to day basis. I knew exactly what to do and where to be at a certain time. My line leader and supervisors were very helpful friendly and understanding. The hardest part of the job to me was dressing out between breaks and having to wear so many gloves on one hand. It made it harder to handle the meat. I learned how to work with a team instead of as an individual and the importance of production efficiency, also how to closely inspect chicken for any abnormalities and how to properly remove them with specified tools. I enjoyed the fact that I could rotate positions if I wanted. Overall great general employment!
Great environment
Production Worker (Former Employee), NCMarch 12, 2015
The co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is standing for a long period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing quality product.
A workplace with a lot of unrealized potential.
Stackoff (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: acceptable pay.
Cons: lack of job security, unless you are in the "click."
At Mountaire Farms a typical day involves a lot of hard work, and acceptable compensation. While there,I have learned a great deal about food processing and shipping.

The management team at Mountaire seems capable, but is caught-up in the same types of political favors and disfavors that are observed at many large corporations.

The most enjoyable part of working there is the relationships between employees and the willingness to help each other. This is complicated, of course, by the attempts by management to control every possible aspect of the employee life. If you ever make a manager mad, they will begin to watch you for anything they can use to get rid of you. They try to pit employees against each other, and will overlook terrible violations of company policy by one employee, while picking-apart another employee who is not one of their favorites. This is the hardest part of the job...favoritism and politics.
very good
Health Inspector (Former Employee), Selbyville, DEJanuary 12, 2015
over all its good.and actively,friendly experience at all.
overall good job but not making money like said
live haul driver (Current Employee), lumber bridge ncJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free meals at times
Cons: bad equipment
This is an ok job but winter months as a live haul driver really suck, loads are cut down not making a good living, equipment is bad,no assigned trucks,have to arrive early every day to find something half way descent to drive, management don't give a quack as Long as they get the birds hauled, and dont care if your money is cut,they are making theirs.You could make good if they gave you the loads older drivers get theirs.Benefits are good.
Very Productive place of employement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Selbyville, DEJanuary 7, 2015
Assistant to the Director of Operations, Plant Manager as well as the Plant Engineer
steady job
yield tech (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: steady job
Cons: the commute
steady job and decent benefits. paid weekly by direct deposit. the place is located in the country not close really to a city. you have to commute or get with a transportation type service.
productive and fun
production worker (Former Employee), lumberbridge ncNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches from time to time
Cons: healthcare
a good day in mountaire farms is like a regular day,i've learned how chicken is processed from the time it arrives til the time they leave. my co-worker were great in fact we still keep in contact, the hardest part to me would to be making it to work because i barley had transportation at the time and what i enjoyed the most was being there to work because i was good at doing what i do.
Very little current knowledge exists
Feed Mill Manager (Former Employee), Bonlee, NCNovember 3, 2014
Great people at the time.

Some more concerned with their own personal success than helping others to succeed.
productive job
Line Worker (Current Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: gifts for safe hours
Cons: two 10 min breaks
very fast paced not much teamwork management need training learn how to respect employees more coworkers need work as teamplayers i enjoy lunch break not enough time relax an enjoy meal
Okay Company
Deboner (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 9, 2014
Not big on working in the meat industry and there policy is super strict.
good job
Live Hanging (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCSeptember 26, 2014
2 yo10 pm good coworkers, learned alot good management. come in , went home kept to myself
fast pace
production worker (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks
working at a fast pace
cutting chicken
working in the cold
steady work
standing for long hours
production
Cutter (Former Employee), Lumber Bridge, NCJune 24, 2014
hardworking evironment.....with alot of production and alot of hard work to exceed to the next level
Prosuctivity
Lead Person, bagged tenders (Former Employee), Red Springs, NCMay 2, 2014
I was the lead person, so I was responsible for making sure the other employees had orders put out on time. As well as bagging tenders we also made 40ib. boxes. What I learned from my job was how well I could handle stress. Such as being put in a situation were the meat came from the lines so fast onto my table that it fell on the floor. During situations like this I just had too stay calm and work with the flow. I like my co workers, but the hard part would be when they would take extremely late breaks, and I would have them written up. Not that I wanted to but me being a young person I didn't want the older people to think they could take advantage of me. But the best part was lunch. I got to relax, cool off and ;ugh with co workers.

1 2 3

About Mountaire Farms

This company's chickens have roads in three states to cross. Mountaire Farms operates poultry hatcheries and processing plants – Read more

Mountaire Farms Salaries