Mountaire Farms Employee Reviews

Cold, fast paced environment
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCDecember 28, 2016
Very cold and fast paced environment with rotating jobs during shifts everyday. Learned different ways chickens are handled before, during, and after processing. Co-workers were very motivational. The hardest part about the job was to keep up with your conveyor and not getting sick due to cold environment. The most enjoyable thing I would say would be that we are able to talk to each other while working as long as it does not interfere with productivity.
Pros
benifits and weekends off
Cons
Cold and phisically demanding in many different ways
fun work place
Packing (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEJanuary 30, 2017
Great culture, supportive environment. When projects get hard everyone is helpful and kind. There is a lot of trust in the team and there is nobody I don't like. There is a great social culture too if you want it, with people regularly going to the pub after work or meeting up for stuff on the weekend. Great office location, flexible working hours. My life is nicer now I working here.
Work environment is harsh on peoples health.
Tender Packout (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Working in any meat packing processing plant you are either in extreme heat, or extreme cold. This will take a toll on you after a while. Having worked in two has caused constant aches and pains.
Pros
Discounted meat
Cons
Harsh work environment, low pay.
A good place of employment
Line worker/Boxroom and Inventory Clerk- Line work (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NC 28357February 9, 2017
I feel that it is a good company to work for because the people were good to work with and the company does not try to over work you. A typical work day was enjoyable and not stressing.
Great place to work but not for your first job.
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 2, 2017
Pretty good place to work , they pay good and get raises often. Benefits are not the best but are acceptable. Work conditions are very cold hours are long if you can deal with that you should be good.
hard working, fast past pace enviroment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJanuary 23, 2017
good place to start a career,been working there for 2years,the hours are suitable and co workers are ok to get along with. good place to grow and work long term
Pros
fair wages
Cons
short breaks
The Company
Packing (Former Employee) –  Selbyville, DEDecember 11, 2016
I love the company, what they do, how they saves lives, how the workers and employees work together and get the job done. The company is great overall and their quality in their products.
Fun job laid back work place
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Candor, NCNovember 16, 2016
Good place to work. Have worked with this company on an off for over 16 years. You have a laid back work atmosphere. Good benefits an paid holidays and pay is good as well.
Busy
MSC (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DENovember 26, 2016
I learned how to load and unload trailers along with the complete process for making MSC. Good long hours while working at a slow pace and fast pace work environment
Pros
overtime
Cons
distance from home
The job of a safety coordinator.
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMay 27, 2016
Work closely with management in enforcing safety policies and standards. Conduct daily safety audits to eliminate any hazard through out the shift. Mentor and train supervisors and employees in benefits of working safe. Work to develop a safety culture. Most enjoyable part of job is completing a shift with zero injuries.
Pros
My actions affect peoples lives in a positive way.
Cons
If I over look some hazard, someone maybe injured or worst.
good
Packer (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 28, 2016
Its An Wonderful Enviorment To Work.In it Has good benefits great staff no.issues working there give you an.option to.work.morning or night shift never had an issue working there
Work
Rendering (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 17, 2016
Working at mountaire has been very easy to learn all operations. I love the the night shift job only working 4 days a week 12 hour shifts helps to get a day job as well .
great company to work for
Yield Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEOctober 17, 2016
management was very nice. I learned a lot from my experience here. It's very productive, challenging and a very fast paced environment
Equipment even being new was quickly removed of all safety features to help in production of biodesiel oil.
Sludge Operator (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 17, 2016
Safety number one but not what happened day to day in operation of production. Good pay/benefits but became dangerous and often faint from heat. Some conditions have improved I hear but safety is still compromised as I talk often to present operators.
not productive at all
general labor (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 10, 2016
they treated people very wrongly. dint give much respect. breaks were extremely short. showed favoritism. i really didnt like how they would treat people. they pick and choose who they would want to do what.
Pros
team work
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
it was kind of fun, my co-workers was great.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 22, 2016
it was great working there,went there did my job and my co-workers was great also. it was great working there at a point time and thats pretty much all i have to say.
Not the best place to work.
Whole Leg Debone (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 11, 2016
Job was stressful and tiring. Management did not care about its employees and coworkers was okay to work with. Learned how to work under pressure.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Tiring and unfair treatment
Very Demanding no work/life balance
North Carolina Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Siler City North CarolinaMarch 28, 2016
This is a great place to work. It is clean and a controlled environment but there is no support. You just get thrown into situations with no help and expected work till everything is complete. This is a hard task with a very green crew.
Pros
GOod benifits
Cons
Expected to work 24/7
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 4, 2016
A typical day the hours go by fast. What I learned is how to communicate and lead. Management is cool they even work with you. My co-workers the best I've ever worked with. The hardest job part is the parking that's it. The most enjoyable part of the job the breaks.
Pros
Co-workers and plenty of work.
Cons
Points system
i enjoyed working here with the fast pace.
production (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for mountaire farms, it was an great work experience for me. I learned a lot and used everything I learned to complete my jobs at the best of my abilities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountaire Farms. Our community is ready to answer.