Mountaire Farms Employee Reviews

you do get awarded for work efforts
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJanuary 12, 2016
I believe that if you work hard and always with a positive mood no matter how anybody sees you or what they think of you there will always be a positive accomplishment.
Pros
everybody is equal
Cons
can't thik of one
Great job
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lumberbridge, NCJanuary 9, 2016
I loved maintaining the quality of the products for my customers. Hard working and determined to get the job done. Highly detailed orient
Horrible management
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 29, 2015
Management is completely useless, often saying one thing and doing another. While, the money is fair for the area, it is completely horrid for the field of work. Most pay rates top out at around 14 dollars an hour if lucky and then will stagnate for the foreseeable future. Benefits are fair, but are no substitute for decent working conditions.

Often you are "pigeon holed" into an area that management likes you in and you will remain for the extent of your career with the company.
Pros
fair benefits
Cons
extremely poor management
N/A
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEOctober 20, 2015
Poor place of work at night for a women. Lied about my work schedule and told me no weekends and I have been working weekends since I started and 12 hour shifts 6 days a week.
Good job with nice benefits and career opportunities
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCOctober 14, 2015
When I first got to Mountaire Farms I was able to accelerate in my department. Learning how to produce more than the goal. After my supervisor noticed she gave my different responsibilities within my department. We worked ten hour days Monday through Friday. We were also allowed to work overtime if offered. I eventually was responsible for one out of four of my department's production line's. This meant i'd be dealing with ten members of my department. Everything from sharpening their work materials to allowing them breaks. Having to punish those not making the goal with written warnings was the most difficult tasks, I believe. My supervisor was very helpful in motivating us all to exceed our goals and also open to new ideas. I chased every opportunity to learn more or make extra money.
Pros
overtime
Cons
cold temperature
With good attitude
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Like the people and co-workers, Supervisor's always nice and polite with a "Good Morning" and a "Thank You" towards the day is over.Always asking if your "ok" , Also try to get to know all his workers.40 hours + overtime & saturday, we all had health insurance & benefits where good.
Pros
Free lunches and raffles for all employees
Productive Environment
Live Hanger (Current Employee) –  Selbyville, DEAugust 17, 2015
My typical day starts at 520a where I go to the line and begin my work schedule. I have learned the ins and outs of this company. The coworkers make sure they get their job done. The hardest part of the job is working long hours and not being sure of when you are getting off.
Fast paced work environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCAugust 2, 2015
I loved it there. Very family oriented and willing to help their employees in time of need. A typical day is very fast paced and busy. No time for horseplay. Very goal oriented as well. The hardest part of the job are the goal expectations of the employees; but they were always met.
Overall good company
Parts Material Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumber BridgeJuly 19, 2015
It is a fair company. it is a stable company that is growing. Salaries are not high but the benefits are good. No matter what position you have salary or hourly you will always be busy.
Great place to grow upward
purchasing clerk (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJuly 6, 2015
I have worked at mountaire for a little over a year-and-a-half. During that time I have held several positions and moved up fairly quickly. Its all bout communication, networking and being able to market yourself. If I could do it anyone can.
Pros
free food, raffles, family days, health care facility
Cons
Not enough pay
Convenience
Feed Driver (Current Employee) –  Frankford, DEJune 30, 2015
The job has benefits, but they do not cover much and the rules change with what is convenient for them at the time. As each year passes there is less appreciation for the lower working man/woman.
Pros
Home time
Cons
stipulations
This company had very good pay & benifits
Processing Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge NCJune 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be very fast pace due to this being one of the largest poultry plants in the country. I learned a lot from working with such smart coworkers and managers. Dealing with the pace of this facility was a challenge. But I enjoyed working at a facility that size.
Pros
High volume facility
Cons
Hard to staff a facility this size.
2nd shift can be exhausting
Line Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCJune 25, 2015
going in at 5pm and sometimes leaving 3am for mandatory overtime. You have to wait 6 months before a point can go off your attendance record.
work
jack driver (Current Employee) –  lumber bridge,ncJune 17, 2015
mountaire will teach you all kinds of thing from cutting chicken to packing it to hipping it to the customer they are a good place to work but wont let u move up
Pros
good deals on chicken
Cons
short breaks, no rasies
Good Job
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJune 8, 2015
Great to their employees

Shift Schedule needs revising.

Safety needs work

More training is desired

Pay for Operators needs to increase
good pay but dont care about employees
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 6, 2015
could be a good place to work if they cared about people. good pay good benefits but too much political drama and family working together covering for one another
wonderful
tray pack (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEMay 1, 2015
A typical day at this job was wonderful. I learned at been at this job was how to take care of chicken the right way. The management was very polite, respectful, and kind. My co-workers was very helpful to me and respectful. The hardest thing was making sure your line don't get backed up. And the most enjoyable part of this job was working in the cool air and meet so many polite people also the bosses was very kind and will work with you.
Pros
working hours was great
Cons
i had great beifites and health care
It's not as bad as everyone thinks it is
Yield Technician (Current Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCApril 6, 2015
Very diverse place to work, meet a lot of new people. Learn a lot. Very fast paced, but can easily be learned within a week. Everyone is willing to help out one another. Upper management notices hardworking individuals and would be willing to help you move up in the industry, if they feel you are ready.
Pros
Benefits, pay is decent, meet a lot of new people, health clinic on site, free lunch at times, etc.
Cons
When you've shown supervisors(in particular) how hard and good of a worker you are, they expect that everday. They expect too much from you everyday, not realizing that you are only one person.
Productive and fun workplace
Incentive Technician (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEApril 2, 2015
Mountaire is all about opportunity. You work hard, get along with people, and you can move up quick. Great place to work if you're not afraid of hard work. Great pay and benefits!
Pros
Benefits, health clinic on site, variety of people, cafeteria on site.
Cons
Short breaks for most people
No nonsense , no horse playing
Yield tech (Former Employee) –  Lumber Bridge, NCMarch 24, 2015
Go have breakfast with some co-workers. Then go to work station an began my work on time. Good management. Easy to get along with. When i had to work in the cold. Family day, special days when the employer did fun things with the employees.
Pros
They give gifts on holiday and raises every so often.
Cons
You have to work ten years to get 3 weeks vacation.