Mouser Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Order puller
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 16, 2016
This company cares only about numbers not employees.I recently had some family issues that needed be taken care of.did mouser care no what they cared about was how much missed time I had.needless to say I lost my job over it
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Poor management
Amazing place to work!
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2016
Great people to work with. Great benefits but the pay is not enough to survive. The people I work with are excellent workers and friends
Poor Pay, Decent Work/Life Balance
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked there for a number of years and management is more than a bit quirky. I like the job itself, but pay is very poor even with a college degree and prior experience. Health benefits are quite poor compared to my colleagues in similar positions at other companies, as well. Opportunity to advance is excellent if you are extremely polite and professional and never let your guard down, if you are attractive, and willing to do strict face time 8 - 5 everyday while getting paid about 30% less than your actual market value. It helps to be male. Successful upper management has typically never worked anywhere else. CEO parks his Masarati in a reserved spot near the front door, which I feel is in poor taste given that most the workers are underpaid. I have been looking for another job for about 2 years now, but due to family issues am restricted to this location in my search, thus the long wait. PRO: Fairly decent job security, since I have never heard of there having ever been a lay-off. Small company mentality. CONS: No lunch places nearby. No cafeteria, just a bunch of vending machines. HR is not very sophisticated or as aware of lawsuit-triggers as larger corporations, which is kind of funny. No open door policy, although they might think they do. Expect favoritism. In some positions, they not only pay poorly but treat you like high schoolers and check your work constantly regardless of how long you have been there or how good your work is. Free lunches about 3 -5 times per year. Quotas based on subjective standards (e.g., a very involved task gets the same credit as a  more... quick one). White collar workers have the same benefits as the min. wage warehouse workers, where employment has huge turn-over rate. Management has special parking up front. You get in trouble if you put girl scout cookies on your desk or any other school fundraisers appear on your desk; no selling of anything, but the company can and does solicit donations from employees for United Way and other charities. In reality, I am guessing that most the employees could use the donated canned goods themselves...sad.  less
Pros
Free lunch 3x a year.
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits
Fun co workers
Stock Control Associate/On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Spent all day pulling orders, learned how to order pull, shipping and make bins. Some supervisors were perfect and willing to do anything to help advance my career and to help schedule around family functions, but others would not give me the time of day. Hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule every two weeks. Co workers were amazing to work with and made some great friends.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
fired me because i had to have back surgery, rotating schedule
Summary
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2016
This experience is something good to put on my resume but this was not the best work experience for me. Management was not good at all, co-workers were great a good hearted people to work with and build relationships with.
Pros
Always changing things and not worried about the employees take on anything
Misleading Micromanagement
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Account Relationship Manager position involved making minimum # of telemarketing calls each day. Monitored by the hour. If a call not made within a certain # of minutes, the manager wants to know why. It's not about the results. It's about the 5.5 calls per hours with a maximum of 9 minutes in between, etc. etc.

No sales focus only delivering preconceived message that doesn't always fit the contact/client.

No flexibility or reworking of script allowed even though constantly told its not a script and you're not a telemarketer.

Performance matrixes are 95% subjective. Several of the factors can't be traced to the result of the calls/responsibilities. Nothing is put in writing and constantly changing how to log a win.

Coworkers are great people. It's the immediate managers that are an issue.

Benefits are expensive for very little coverage.
Pros
Great coworkers, appreciation events
Cons
Performance matrixes are subjective, Favoritism
Mouser
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 17, 2015
great great job, good hours, pay, benefits, always having work events and free lunches, overtime any time you need it, and great people to work with
fast paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2015
fast paced environment and family culture and technologically advanced and up to date and conscientious and state of the art equipment and work environment
Awesome place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I love Mouser Electronics! If it weren't for BILLS that had to be paid I would still work there. They don't offer competitive pay. This is definitely a job to start out at the bottom and move your way to the top. Great company and work atmosphere. Super family like. Love, love, love Mouser. Hate the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything, but the pay
Productive work place
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 13, 2015
The job it self is very enjoyable, very friendly management and co-workers. An hour lunch twenty-five minute break. No problem being crossed trained in other areas.
Pros
Employee BBQ's, and Holiday events
Good job if you are not the bread winner
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 12, 2015
You will have enough work to keep you busy. Therefore your day passes quickly. Other than that there really isn't an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
high turnover
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 30, 2015
need new management, high turnover, can be a great place but policies need revision, fast raises, great co-workers, great uniform
Decent work
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 20, 2015
Decent place to work. Very strict on their policies. Some management is more enjoyable than others. More business focused than family focused as they say.
Steady Job. Mediocre Benefits. Below-Average Pay.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2015
Below average pay compared with surrounding DFW area.
Benefits are mediocre at best; paying way more for benefits than what you get out of it.
Weekends off (unless you are warehouse, mandatory OT based on need).
Company Bonuses are insulting, but are given every year. Just a few hundred dollars (at best).
CEO is great. Started from the bottom up.
Lots of turn over because of pay and benefits.
Business-Casual
Small Company attitude ie everyone knows everyone's business.
Training opportunities are mediocre.
Tuition Reimbursement
Pros
Weekends Off, Tuittion Reimbursement
Cons
Healthcare, Bonuses, Salary
Meh
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 11, 2015
team talk when we arrive, management generally sugar coats expected numbers for the day and you usually run out of work by lunch time
productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 14, 2015
Job responsibilities are entering purchase orders with a few other extra duties. I learned to be more time conscious. My co-workers always treated me with respect. Trying to meet quotas takes some getting used to, but is achievable. I enjoyed that at the end of the day your job is done.
Pros
You will learn to set goals and aceive them.
Poor management, hostile environment
Office employee (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 12, 2015
Daily I am informed of the errors I make amongst my peers that creates no incentive to care for the job. There is no training so errors are made due to lack of Mouser business knowledge. Processes are not visible and management does not have time to explain or train appropriately. Upper management will not change the antiquated business processes to match current business needs. Unrealistic duties are assigned to perform in the time frame given. The manager of my department take numerous days off, with the expectation of the department to run without his presence but many procedures are controlled solely by the manager. Many hoops to jump through to perform the job ending with unsuccessful performances.
Pros
Allow blue jeans at work, not many
Cons
Unrealistic goals, pay below local average, health insurance poor
Electronics
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day involved contacting businesses CFO and/or buyers to increase credits limits or secure orders. I learned to be able to communicate professionally with people with different titles under any circumstance. The hardest part of my job was having to service multiple areas while being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I learned and how it helped me to become the professional that I am today.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
compensation and job advancement
good place to work but no time for family
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 3, 2014
Was a good place to work except hours were in the middle of the day no time to see famliy
Easy and Fun Workplace
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 20, 2014
Very easy job for a company that is continually growing. The people are friendly and the pay is decent. Everyone knows each other for the most part. The managers are mainly young and former warehouse employees and are laid back.

2.9