Mouser Electronics Employee Reviews

High Turnover
Employee (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 9, 2016
This company location has a very high turnover rate. The managers use personality reasons to seek out employees and find ways to fire them or make them quit. Pay is decent, but below par with jobs in the city. The managers have been here forever and seldom get in any trouble, even when they are doing something wrong. If you have tenure it's hard to get rid of you, but they still can do it. Every department has it's ups and downs. My department is awful. No one cares about you or treats you with respect, unless you are part of the "clique". The manager is not friendly except on certain days. They will give you emotional whiplash. I do enjoy the casual days and employee activities. Maybe it's just my department that is so bad.

HR has a high turnover so don't spend too much time with one HR person. They are mostly friendly and will help you with any problems. I learned to not be afraid of them and getting in trouble because you go see them.
Pros
Decent Company, Gives t-shirts, dress code
Cons
Management, Breaks, Pay, High Turnover, No Respect, Lack of Advancement
Quiet, Relaxing, Great Manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 3, 2016
On a typical day They would give us packets. Our job was the easiest job ever. All i would have to do was read the paper and record the data into the computer, Make sure all the data was correct.
Pros
Quiet, Long Breaks, Time flys
Great environment and amazing people to work for.
Canadian Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 29, 2016
My review of Mouser Electronics is only positive. Working there was home away from home. Employees are friendly and easy to work with. Training was thorough and when it was all said and done a new hire could be competent about beginning their position. The hardest part of the job was the last couple hours of the day as all employees tried to finish up the work load while keeping client's and customer's satisfaction at the forefront of their job. The customer's always came first. This is what I loved most about Mouser, the instilled integrity and kept their clients satisfied.
Pros
Great healthcare, great environment.
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch.
Adequate employment, typical Corporation politics.
Stock Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 26, 2016
If you are looking for a well paying job in general and are fairly competent then Mouser will be fine for you as long as you're not expecting too much. Either way, as time goes on, during your stay there you will come to find numerous discombobulations in the policies and the standards at which they actually run the company. This can be a problem if you desire to move up in the company or actually take interest in attempting to resolve certain issues. Otherwise if you do at least the minimum requirements of your job title and go about your day obediently then you should have almost no problems.
Nice place to work because of the people you work around
Stock control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 6, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the day was just being around fellow coworkers working and just enjoying the day. I enjoyed working for the company
Order puller
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 16, 2016
This company cares only about numbers not employees.I recently had some family issues that needed be taken care of.did mouser care no what they cared about was how much missed time I had.needless to say I lost my job over it
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Poor management
Amazing place to work!
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2016
Great people to work with. Great benefits but the pay is not enough to survive. The people I work with are excellent workers and friends
Poor Pay, Decent Work/Life Balance
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked there for a number of years and management is more than a bit quirky. I like the job itself, but pay is very poor even with a college degree and prior experience. Health benefits are quite poor compared to my colleagues in similar positions at other companies, as well. Opportunity to advance is excellent if you are extremely polite and professional and never let your guard down, if you are attractive, and willing to do strict face time 8 - 5 everyday while getting paid about 30% less than your actual market value. It helps to be male. Successful upper management has typically never worked anywhere else. CEO parks his Masarati in a reserved spot near the front door, which I feel is in poor taste given that most the workers are underpaid. I have been looking for another job for about 2 years now, but due to family issues am restricted to this location in my search, thus the long wait. PRO: Fairly decent job security, since I have never heard of there having ever been a lay-off. Small company mentality. CONS: No lunch places nearby. No cafeteria, just a bunch of vending machines. HR is not very sophisticated or as aware of lawsuit-triggers as larger corporations, which is kind of funny. No open door policy, although they might think they do. Expect favoritism. In some positions, they not only pay poorly but treat you like high schoolers and check your work constantly regardless of how long you have been there or how good your work is. Free lunches about 3 -5 times per year. Quotas based on subjective standards (e.g., a very involved task gets the same credit as a  more... quick one). White collar workers have the same benefits as the min. wage warehouse workers, where employment has huge turn-over rate. Management has special parking up front. You get in trouble if you put girl scout cookies on your desk or any other school fundraisers appear on your desk; no selling of anything, but the company can and does solicit donations from employees for United Way and other charities. In reality, I am guessing that most the employees could use the donated canned goods themselves...sad.  less
Pros
Free lunch 3x a year.
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits
Fun co workers
Stock Control Associate/On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Spent all day pulling orders, learned how to order pull, shipping and make bins. Some supervisors were perfect and willing to do anything to help advance my career and to help schedule around family functions, but others would not give me the time of day. Hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule every two weeks. Co workers were amazing to work with and made some great friends.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
fired me because i had to have back surgery, rotating schedule
Summary
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2016
This experience is something good to put on my resume but this was not the best work experience for me. Management was not good at all, co-workers were great a good hearted people to work with and build relationships with.
Pros
Always changing things and not worried about the employees take on anything
Misleading Micromanagement
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Account Relationship Manager position involved making minimum # of telemarketing calls each day. Monitored by the hour. If a call not made within a certain # of minutes, the manager wants to know why. It's not about the results. It's about the 5.5 calls per hours with a maximum of 9 minutes in between, etc. etc.

No sales focus only delivering preconceived message that doesn't always fit the contact/client.

No flexibility or reworking of script allowed even though constantly told its not a script and you're not a telemarketer.

Performance matrixes are 95% subjective. Several of the factors can't be traced to the result of the calls/responsibilities. Nothing is put in writing and constantly changing how to log a win.

Coworkers are great people. It's the immediate managers that are an issue.

Benefits are expensive for very little coverage.
Pros
Great coworkers, appreciation events
Cons
Performance matrixes are subjective, Favoritism
Mouser
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 17, 2015
great great job, good hours, pay, benefits, always having work events and free lunches, overtime any time you need it, and great people to work with
fast paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2015
fast paced environment and family culture and technologically advanced and up to date and conscientious and state of the art equipment and work environment
Awesome place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I love Mouser Electronics! If it weren't for BILLS that had to be paid I would still work there. They don't offer competitive pay. This is definitely a job to start out at the bottom and move your way to the top. Great company and work atmosphere. Super family like. Love, love, love Mouser. Hate the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything, but the pay
Productive work place
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 13, 2015
The job it self is very enjoyable, very friendly management and co-workers. An hour lunch twenty-five minute break. No problem being crossed trained in other areas.
Pros
Employee BBQ's, and Holiday events
Good job if you are not the bread winner
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 12, 2015
You will have enough work to keep you busy. Therefore your day passes quickly. Other than that there really isn't an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
high turnover
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 30, 2015
need new management, high turnover, can be a great place but policies need revision, fast raises, great co-workers, great uniform
Decent work
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 20, 2015
Decent place to work. Very strict on their policies. Some management is more enjoyable than others. More business focused than family focused as they say.
Steady Job. Mediocre Benefits. Below-Average Pay.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2015
Below average pay compared with surrounding DFW area.
Benefits are mediocre at best; paying way more for benefits than what you get out of it.
Weekends off (unless you are warehouse, mandatory OT based on need).
Company Bonuses are insulting, but are given every year. Just a few hundred dollars (at best).
CEO is great. Started from the bottom up.
Lots of turn over because of pay and benefits.
Business-Casual
Small Company attitude ie everyone knows everyone's business.
Training opportunities are mediocre.
Tuition Reimbursement
Pros
Weekends Off, Tuittion Reimbursement
Cons
Healthcare, Bonuses, Salary
Meh
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 11, 2015
team talk when we arrive, management generally sugar coats expected numbers for the day and you usually run out of work by lunch time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mouser Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9