Mouser Electronics

Mouser Electronics Employer Reviews

Great Atmosphere
Logitics & Inventory (Former Employee), Mansfield, TexasNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches and team work
Cons: health benefits not all that great
My day begin at 5:00 am.We has a team of six that came in and started orders for RPL to go out to different departments in the facility.Next we would start our daily emails for RMA's and inventory adjustments along with outside vendors.The majority of the day consist of working on inventory issues throughout facility .This really was the tough part – more... of the job .The building was broken off in three different segments (3 story building) over 200,000 sq ft so my team and I worked closely together to get the job done.Teamwork goes along way. – less
A very busy and hectic company all the time.
Shipping and Receiving Sorter (Former Employee), Mansfield,TexasOctober 17, 2013
Pros: you were able to get plenty of hours.
Cons: well too much favortism and bullying on the job.
Well it,s not a company where opportunity are abroad as I was told when I first got hired. It was an experience I,ll never forget as an employee.there.
Great place to work, a little cheap.
Developer I (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: good people, good boss
Cons: use old technology, don't pay well.
I worked for Mouser for three years. It was my first job out of school. There are many people on the development team that have been there for 10+ years. The people are great, my boss was the best I have ever had.
A great place to work and grow .
Janitorial,stocker,plus oder filler (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free company t-shirts, food, insurance
Cons: that i am not working there any more
This is a great company to work at. The people are friendly and easy to work with. The job is so easy to do and the training you get is great. The company offer you so much. There are raise's and insurance and they feed you more than any company I ever worked for.
Great Benefits.
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: does not care for employees
Work is easy. Supervisors are lack luster to say the least. Most employees are Mexican illegals. So glad to quit this job.
Growth and Stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJuly 17, 2013
Most I have learned to is to be positive and apply yourself in all that you do. Don't refer to negativity.
Could be better
UniVerse Developer (Current Employee), Mansfield TXJuly 12, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor management
Low employee moral due to poor uppermanagement and hr. It is a good job to get experience for a couple of years and then move on.
Productive and casual workplace
Product Data Assistant (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXMay 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: distance/ large company
Mouser Electronics is a large electronic part distribution company. At Mouser I worked in the Parametric Data department doing mostly data entry for the company‚Äôs web site. Using an Excel spreadsheet I would enter data that I found online for electronic parts. This position required extreme attention to detail and a keen eye to find solid information – more... for using. I learned a lot from this company. – less
Great company to work for!
Employeee (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXApril 20, 2013
Growing like crazy! Stable, never had a lay-off! Benefits are average, but work / life balance is very good.

Strong, stable leadership.
Productive and room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJanuary 4, 2013
I work with customers via email, chat and phone processing their request.
Productive workplace with great benefits
Stock Control Associate - Order Puller (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXNovember 23, 2012
Pros: pay, breaks, co-workers
Cons: hr, benefits
A typical day at work was usually the same log into your computer and pull the orders sent to you.
Packaging was a task that took a while to get perfected
Co-workers were great they get you through the day.
The hardest part of the job is counting the small parts and getting packaging perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work load, there – more... was always something to do. – less
Fun and productive
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 31, 2012
Great place to work! Good incentives. Lots of room to grow with the company.
Really good company to work for.
Product Manager (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 15, 2012
This is a good company that is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. The company is very laid back. It a company where family is very important. The people I work with arevery knowledgeable.
long, late work days; but good people
SCA (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXDecember 6, 2011
Pros: plenty of overtime, great supervisor's
Cons: pay not worth the work
good co-workers and employer's, let you work as much overtime as you want. but would go home in physical pain for not great pay so left
Poor
Customer Service (Former Employee), High Wycombe, UKOctober 25, 2013
Pros: fair salary
Cons: non-supportive training from management, disability discrimination, patronising, hostile
Only lasted there a few days because I felt the training was tough.
I wasn't told training for this role was going to be so intense and 3 MONTHS LONG. Most importantly......little to do with customer service. More to do with data entry, learning a whole new computer system and being told off 'during training period' (my second day) for making few errors, – more... in my data entry on this system.
Stressful training environment and personally didn't find the manager very pleasant.
If you have any issues you have no one else to speak to because the head office is in Texas and constantly patronised from day 2.......'you've seen the pace these people are working at, you have to be too' (well you would have thought working there 5 years, they're going to work a lot faster than someone who's worked and is learning everything on their second day).
day 3.......'lets see how many entries you've done......227.......I've done 158 and all my work on top of that......now that's been you're most productive day so far, but it still shows I'm more capable of doing things'
Well you know what, they don't really allow you to train properly, as the manager is constantly stressing over each mistake you make and that is the worst feeling to be put through as a new starter. And to add to that, not learn from that mistake, make you feel guilty for what you did, because it's caused such a problem. (You can't really say sorry because your new, your training, mistakes should be expected?) It's almost as if they don't allow themselves to train you, but they do because they 'invest a lot of time and money'.
If I had known a job at 'entry-level' was going to be '3 -months intense training in front of a computer and with theoretical text' - Alarm bells would have been ringing.

Conclusion: The job title and job description, didn't match the job in action from training and from what I saw in action itself from the co-workers. (Someone after a year of employment had only just been signed onto and trained up for the 'live chat' - customer service) WOW! Something I would have imagined I would be doing straight away.
Manager praises them-self on how amazing she is, so much so, she can't afford to have people ruin their reputation. Mouser trophies, certificates all over the place awarded to them-self.
- Also manager had an issue with my controlled medical condition, fear I may have to go for doctors appointments. Told me if I would have told the manager at interview stage, she would have re-considered me....disability discrimination came to mind, and to all my previous employers. She didn't ask me to fill in any health questionnaire form, by law I didn't do anything wrong. Distressingly upset me days before I started. – less

About Mouser Electronics

Mouser Electronics, a subsidiary of TTI, Inc., is part of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Mouser is an – Read more

Mouser Electronics Photos