Mouser Electronics Employee Reviews in United States

Misleading Micromanagement
Account Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Account Relationship Manager position involved making minimum # of telemarketing calls each day. Monitored by the hour. If a call not made within a certain # of minutes, the manager wants to know why. It's not about the results. It's about the 5.5 calls per hours with a maximum of 9 minutes in between, etc. etc.

No sales focus only delivering preconceived message that doesn't always fit the contact/client.

No flexibility or reworking of script allowed even though constantly told its not a script and you're not a telemarketer.

Performance matrixes are 95% subjective. Several of the factors can't be traced to the result of the calls/responsibilities. Nothing is put in writing and constantly changing how to log a win.

Coworkers are great people. It's the immediate managers that are an issue.

Benefits are expensive for very little coverage.
Pros
Great coworkers, appreciation events
Cons
Performance matrixes are subjective, Favoritism
Amazing place to work!
Customer Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 15, 2016
Great people to work with. Great benefits but the pay is not enough to survive. The people I work with are excellent workers and friends
Poor Pay, Decent Work/Life Balance
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 7, 2016
I have worked there for a number of years and management is more than a bit quirky. I like the job itself, but pay is very poor even with a college degree and prior experience. Health benefits are quite poor compared to my colleagues in similar positions at other companies, as well. Opportunity to advance is excellent if you are extremely polite and professional and never let your guard down, if you are attractive, and willing to do strict face time 8 - 5 everyday while getting paid about 30% less than your actual market value. It helps to be male. Successful upper management has typically never worked anywhere else. CEO parks his Masarati in a reserved spot near the front door, which I feel is in poor taste given that most the workers are underpaid. I have been looking for another job for about 2 years now, but due to family issues am restricted to this location in my search, thus the long wait. PRO: Fairly decent job security, since I have never heard of there having ever been a lay-off. Small company mentality. CONS: No lunch places nearby. No cafeteria, just a bunch of vending machines. HR is not very sophisticated or as aware of lawsuit-triggers as larger corporations, which is kind of funny. No open door policy, although they might think they do. Expect favoritism. In some positions, they not only pay poorly but treat you like high schoolers and check your work constantly regardless of how long you have been there or how good your work is. Free lunches about 3 -5 times per year. Quotas based on subjective standards (e.g., a very involved task gets the same credit as a  more... quick one). White collar workers have the same benefits as the min. wage warehouse workers, where employment has huge turn-over rate. Management has special parking up front. You get in trouble if you put girl scout cookies on your desk or any other school fundraisers appear on your desk; no selling of anything, but the company can and does solicit donations from employees for United Way and other charities. In reality, I am guessing that most the employees could use the donated canned goods themselves...sad.  less
Pros
Free lunch 3x a year.
Cons
Poor pay, poor benefits
Steady Job. Mediocre Benefits. Below-Average Pay.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 24, 2015
Below average pay compared with surrounding DFW area.
Benefits are mediocre at best; paying way more for benefits than what you get out of it.
Weekends off (unless you are warehouse, mandatory OT based on need).
Company Bonuses are insulting, but are given every year. Just a few hundred dollars (at best).
CEO is great. Started from the bottom up.
Lots of turn over because of pay and benefits.
Business-Casual
Small Company attitude ie everyone knows everyone's business.
Training opportunities are mediocre.
Tuition Reimbursement
Pros
Weekends Off, Tuittion Reimbursement
Cons
Healthcare, Bonuses, Salary
Mouser
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 17, 2015
great great job, good hours, pay, benefits, always having work events and free lunches, overtime any time you need it, and great people to work with
Fun co workers
Stock Control Associate/On the Job Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Spent all day pulling orders, learned how to order pull, shipping and make bins. Some supervisors were perfect and willing to do anything to help advance my career and to help schedule around family functions, but others would not give me the time of day. Hardest part of the job was the rotating schedule every two weeks. Co workers were amazing to work with and made some great friends.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
fired me because i had to have back surgery, rotating schedule
high turnover
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 30, 2015
need new management, high turnover, can be a great place but policies need revision, fast raises, great co-workers, great uniform
Order puller
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 16, 2016
This company cares only about numbers not employees.I recently had some family issues that needed be taken care of.did mouser care no what they cared about was how much missed time I had.needless to say I lost my job over it
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Poor management
Summary
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 30, 2016
This experience is something good to put on my resume but this was not the best work experience for me. Management was not good at all, co-workers were great a good hearted people to work with and build relationships with.
Pros
Always changing things and not worried about the employees take on anything
Electronics
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day involved contacting businesses CFO and/or buyers to increase credits limits or secure orders. I learned to be able to communicate professionally with people with different titles under any circumstance. The hardest part of my job was having to service multiple areas while being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I learned and how it helped me to become the professional that I am today.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
compensation and job advancement
Micro-manage
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  TxSeptember 27, 2014
Instead of raises you receive T-shirts and a free lunch and the lunch is not that great. Family as in people related to president are very well taken care of. Playing favorites is what the managers do and that is who they take care of and promote. The whole move up from within is now gone, if you do not have a degree you can forget about moving up in the company. The company also does not want people that think on their own. What the president wants is what is done and nothing changes from that. Most employees looking for work else where.
Cons
low wages, favorites
A growing company with strong culture and management
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 24, 2014
Working for mouser Electronics has been the best learning experience of my life. When I started I had little electronics knowledge, but because of their patience and willingness to teach me, I have acquired a functioning understanding of electronics and small component distribution. There really isn't a typical day, but there are many in depth tasks that I complete on a regular basis. My job is to be the primary point of contact for my suppliers. Anything issues that arise from cradle to the grave of products from my suppliers is my responsibility. I work with a fun and diverse team of product managers who have taught me all I know about this company and market. My favorite part of the job is the problem solving and customer service aspect. The most challenging part is the technology side. Even though I have learned a lot, I still have a long way to go before I feel strong in that aspect. The one draw back to this company is the rigidity of management, and company culture. The mentality of " that's the way we've always done it" is fairly pervasive in the company.
Pros
strong job security
Cons
pay and benefits, flexibility, job mobility
Great Atmosphere
Logitics & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TexasNovember 12, 2013
My day begin at 5:00 am.We has a team of six that came in and started orders for RPL to go out to different departments in the facility.Next we would start our daily emails for RMA's and inventory adjustments along with outside vendors.The majority of the day consist of working on inventory issues throughout facility .This really was the tough part of the job .The building was broken off in three different segments (3 story building) over 200,000 sq ft so my team and I worked closely together to get the job done.Teamwork goes along way.
Pros
free lunches and team work
Cons
health benefits not all that great
fast paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 10, 2015
fast paced environment and family culture and technologically advanced and up to date and conscientious and state of the art equipment and work environment
Productive and casual workplace
Product Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 4, 2013
Mouser Electronics is a large electronic part distribution company. At Mouser I worked in the Parametric Data department doing mostly data entry for the company’s web site. Using an Excel spreadsheet I would enter data that I found online for electronic parts. This position required extreme attention to detail and a keen eye to find solid information for using. I learned a lot from this company.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
distance/ large company
Awesome place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I love Mouser Electronics! If it weren't for BILLS that had to be paid I would still work there. They don't offer competitive pay. This is definitely a job to start out at the bottom and move your way to the top. Great company and work atmosphere. Super family like. Love, love, love Mouser. Hate the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything, but the pay
Productive workplace with great benefits
Stock Control Associate - Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 23, 2012
A typical day at work was usually the same log into your computer and pull the orders sent to you.
Packaging was a task that took a while to get perfected
Co-workers were great they get you through the day.
The hardest part of the job is counting the small parts and getting packaging perfect.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work load, there was always something to do.
Pros
pay, breaks, co-workers
Cons
hr, benefits
A great place to work and grow .
Janitorial,stocker,plus oder filler (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 17, 2013
This is a great company to work at. The people are friendly and easy to work with. The job is so easy to do and the training you get is great. The company offer you so much. There are raise's and insurance and they feed you more than any company I ever worked for.
Pros
free company t-shirts, food, insurance
Cons
that i am not working there any more
Good job if you are not the bread winner
Warehouse Operations (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 12, 2015
You will have enough work to keep you busy. Therefore your day passes quickly. Other than that there really isn't an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low pay
Productive work place
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 13, 2015
The job it self is very enjoyable, very friendly management and co-workers. An hour lunch twenty-five minute break. No problem being crossed trained in other areas.
Pros
Employee BBQ's, and Holiday events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mouser Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9