Mouser Electronics

Mouser Electronics Employee Reviews

Decent work
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJuly 20, 2015
Decent place to work. Very strict on their policies. Some management is more enjoyable than others. More business focused than family focused as they say.
Steady Job. Mediocre Benefits. Below-Average Pay.
Assistant (Former Employee), TexasJune 24, 2015
Pros: Weekends Off, Tuittion Reimbursement
Cons: Healthcare, Bonuses, Salary
Below average pay compared with surrounding DFW area.
Benefits are mediocre at best; paying way more for benefits than what you get out of it.
Weekends off (unless you are warehouse, mandatory OT based on need).
Company Bonuses are insulting, but are given every year. Just a few hundred dollars (at best).
CEO is great. Started from the bottom up.
Lots of turn over because of pay and benefits.
Business-Casual
Small Company attitude ie everyone knows everyone's business.
Training opportunities are mediocre.
Tuition Reimbursement
Meh
Stock Associate (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXMay 11, 2015
team talk when we arrive, management generally sugar coats expected numbers for the day and you usually run out of work by lunch time
productive and fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: You will learn to set goals and aceive them.
Cons: .
Job responsibilities are entering purchase orders with a few other extra duties. I learned to be more time conscious. My co-workers always treated me with respect. Trying to meet quotas takes some getting used to, but is achievable. I enjoyed that at the end of the day your job is done.
Poor management, hostile environment
Office employee (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: Allow blue jeans at work, not many
Cons: Unrealistic goals, pay below local average, health insurance poor
Daily I am informed of the errors I make amongst my peers that creates no incentive to care for the job. There is no training so errors are made due to lack of Mouser business knowledge. Processes are not visible and management does not have time to explain or train appropriately. Upper management will not change the antiquated business processes to match current business needs. Unrealistic duties are assigned to perform in the time frame given. The manager of my department take numerous days off, with the expectation of the department to run without his presence but many procedures are controlled solely by the manager. Many hoops to jump through to perform the job ending with unsuccessful performances.
Electronics
Client Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: compensation and job advancement
A typical day involved contacting businesses CFO and/or buyers to increase credits limits or secure orders. I learned to be able to communicate professionally with people with different titles under any circumstance. The hardest part of my job was having to service multiple areas while being understaffed. The most enjoyable part of my job was what I learned and how it helped me to become the professional that I am today.
good place to work but no time for family
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXDecember 3, 2014
Was a good place to work except hours were in the middle of the day no time to see famliy
Easy and Fun Workplace
Stock Control Associate (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 20, 2014
Very easy job for a company that is continually growing. The people are friendly and the pay is decent. Everyone knows each other for the most part. The managers are mainly young and former warehouse employees and are laid back.
Micro-manage
Product Manager (Current Employee), TxSeptember 27, 2014
Cons: low wages, favorites
Instead of raises you receive T-shirts and a free lunch and the lunch is not that great. Family as in people related to president are very well taken care of. Playing favorites is what the managers do and that is who they take care of and promote. The whole move up from within is now gone, if you do not have a degree you can forget about moving up in the company. The company also does not want people that think on their own. What the president wants is what is done and nothing changes from that. Most employees looking for work else where.
WOW
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: to must bs
Well I was there 10 years, In sales and customer service. Meetings before work during work, after the shift ends. Managed 50 women, the biggest gossip place in Texas. Alot of issues daily. Pay was bad fro employees, sweat shop mentality, Management was poor at best. Alot of pressure daily. TOO MANY MEETINGS.

They try to be a big company with alot of square footage,
productive and fun place to work
Operational AP Clerk/Data Entry (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch, employee incentives
Cons: low pay rate
they care about the employees however the wages are still underpaid.
A growing company with strong culture and management
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: strong job security
Cons: pay and benefits, flexibility, job mobility
Working for mouser Electronics has been the best learning experience of my life. When I started I had little electronics knowledge, but because of their patience and willingness to teach me, I have acquired a functioning understanding of electronics and small component distribution. There really isn't a typical day, but there are many in depth tasks that I complete on a regular basis. My job is to be the primary point of contact for my suppliers. Anything issues that arise from cradle to the grave of products from my suppliers is my responsibility. I work with a fun and diverse team of product managers who have taught me all I know about this company and market. My favorite part of the job is the problem solving and customer service aspect. The most challenging part is the technology side. Even though I have learned a lot, I still have a long way to go before I feel strong in that aspect. The one draw back to this company is the rigidity of management, and company culture. The mentality of " that's the way we've always done it" is fairly pervasive in the company.
High turnover rate. Hostile work environment.
Production Artist (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXJune 23, 2014
Training was subpar, management was unbearable. Do NOT recommend.
Productive and fun
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches sometimes
Cons: short breaks
I personally liked working there bc i had a lot of experience, i just wanted something different. I'm young and mouser was my first job.
Great Atmosphere
Logitics & Inventory (Former Employee), Mansfield, TexasNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunches and team work
Cons: health benefits not all that great
My day begin at 5:00 am.We has a team of six that came in and started orders for RPL to go out to different departments in the facility.Next we would start our daily emails for RMA's and inventory adjustments along with outside vendors.The majority of the day consist of working on inventory issues throughout facility .This really was the tough part of the job .The building was broken off in three different segments (3 story building) over 200,000 sq ft so my team and I worked closely together to get the job done.Teamwork goes along way.
A very busy and hectic company all the time.
Shipping and Receiving Sorter (Former Employee), Mansfield,TexasOctober 17, 2013
Pros: you were able to get plenty of hours.
Cons: well too much favortism and bullying on the job.
Well it,s not a company where opportunity are abroad as I was told when I first got hired. It was an experience I,ll never forget as an employee.there.
Great place to work, a little cheap.
Developer I (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXOctober 15, 2013
Pros: good people, good boss
Cons: use old technology, don't pay well.
I worked for Mouser for three years. It was my first job out of school. There are many people on the development team that have been there for 10+ years. The people are great, my boss was the best I have ever had.
A great place to work and grow .
Janitorial,stocker,plus oder filler (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free company t-shirts, food, insurance
Cons: that i am not working there any more
This is a great company to work at. The people are friendly and easy to work with. The job is so easy to do and the training you get is great. The company offer you so much. There are raise's and insurance and they feed you more than any company I ever worked for.
Great Benefits.
Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXAugust 3, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: does not care for employees
Work is easy. Supervisors are lack luster to say the least. Most employees are Mexican illegals. So glad to quit this job.
Growth and Stability
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXJuly 17, 2013
Most I have learned to is to be positive and apply yourself in all that you do. Don't refer to negativity.
Headquarters