Move, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to learn and helpful people around you
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 9, 2017
Nice place to learn and helpful people around you.
work culture is good, Fun event are very good
But work pressure is more. also nice people around you to help.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Ego maniacs rule the roost
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 22, 2017
Expect to be degraded and devalued. If you can take it with a smile, MOVE is the place for you.

Reactive, rather than proactive approach to business. Knee jerk reactions. Prepare to work late to correct issues that could have been avoided with an iota of forethought
Account Executive
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 6, 2017
This position started off with an amazing 2 week training followed up with an opportunity to work for one the largest corporations in the country News Corp. The position was more suited for someone that was proficient in telemarketing as you needed to make 500 plus call per day but the most difficult part was the ever changing commission plan.
Eclectic and energized team
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 28, 2017
The marketing team was collaborative and enthusiastic to produce the best end product, knowing that the marketing campaigns were the funnel for leads into the sales team. Great place to work!
Move
Collections Agent-out (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAFebruary 6, 2017
This company is great to their employees.
I was laid by Anthem and took a job that I really had no experience in. I know health insurance.
Collections is a different of job. I think I'm too nice for it.
Health insurance is home to me
Great company with good opportunity for advancement
VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 8, 2016
Move offered great opportunity of advancement for those who want to overachieve.
They pay well and had a great training program.
Pros
Self motivators can make a lot of money
Great Place to work
Customer Care Representative RDC (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 19, 2016
Move inc was more than a job...it was my home away from home. Managers and follow co workers would probably say the same thing. There was always words of encourangment and someone to assist when needed help. We celebrated every holiday. Our company BBQ was Amazing. Our site director Debbie really cares about us. From random breakfast or gift cards to say thank you or just a simple email to everyone to say have a good weekend.

Not up tight work environment u can be yourself and espresso yourself (work appropriate of course) through your outfit your hair or even the way you decorate your desk. :)
I only left due to health reasons but trust me when I am better I defiantly will be asking to come back home. :)

HR is amazing and very supportive if she can help she will do just that. Managers very understanding and flexible. Do your job and you'll be just fine. Benefits are great and the pay is good as well good room to advance. Experienced management so they've earned there spot and been where you will start at.

Good luck and I hope this helps you make your final decision to join this wonderful work place.
Pros
Positive work enviroment
Cons
The line to use the microwave in the breakroom lol
not a long term job
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 23, 2015
Attrition for Account Executives (Sales) is around 90% to 95%. You won't work there long. This is a HARD SELL job. you keep the Realtor on the phone until they hang up.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
A lot of pressure to perform. not a long term job.
Sales Representative
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 4, 2015
This was the most challenging job to me. I have a hard time meeting new people but it brought me out of my shell. This job has helped me more than I could explain.
Pros
Worked on my own time. Loved the product
Cons
Meeting Random people
driving the the truck moving people it was very interesting everyday something different
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 24, 2015
love to work hard moving people to a first floor or 4th floor at the the end of the day u worked hard, Some of the days was hectic because the customer couldnt make up there mind some time you never know what you would walk into to, with the attitudes, then i was a veteran mover i knew how to stack furniture and load it but if you get a person who never done the job before you had to train him it could be a little over whelming but some one had to teach me so thats when patience come into play.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Some of the people wouldnt show up for work
most favorite job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin , TexasJanuary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed doing property preservations / clean outs. Being able to work in the field autonomously provided me with income and relaxation . using many of the skills I have from years of service work made me a great match.
If you enjoy hearing "let's go" all day long along with yelling in the background while you are trying to make professional sales calls to businesses
account executive (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 10, 2014
Very unprofessional work environment. Lots of yelling, loud woohoo's, sounding like you are calling from a drunk fiesta in the background and intense, stressful place to work. Don't forget to be ready to be written up weekly with lots of threats to be fired while being told fairy tales that you could make $20,000 a month. By the way, they don't just threaten to fire you, they really do it. 2 slow weeks and you are gone. 4 times not hitting your 125 calls per day in one month you are gone, even if you have high sales.

Are there good points? Yes, they did teach some good sales techniques, they did feed us often, and the $35,000 base is comparable to other centers.
Pros
free food many times
Cons
Very unprofessional and intense stressful place to work.
Start up company, great enviornment, learned a lot
Project Coordinator / Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
The days started at 5 am every morning. We would meet and discuss the days schedule/goals. The staff was very young and self - motivated. Everyone worked together as a team to accomplish goals. Really enjoyed working here.
Do Not Ever go to work for this boiler room!
account executive (Former Employee) –  westlake Village, CAOctober 22, 2014
*** take note the only decent reviews ARE NOT SALES IN WESTLAKE OR AZ****

Stay away from the sales lure...The management and sales culture are completely sold out to the almighty dollar and do not care about their employees or their customers. You have to crank out 150 calls per day - work "mandatory overtime?" and if you don't you are lambasted and treated even worse...your "requirements" change by the month and sometimes by the hour based on the VP sales mood and that trickles down and sucks the life out of any real productivity.

Consultative sales approach, my foot! They tell you to lie to the customer.

The most dark, negative, manipulative and awful place. Not to mention they do have their "sell outs" favorites that they feed the big accounts to. More of those big accounts are wising up that they are not cared about beyond their credit card.

The turn over is constant...read the other reviews. Just saying
Pros
Cons
everything
You'll sell your soul to the devil to work for this company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJuly 17, 2014
The salary is great, if they don't give you a lousy book. If they give you a lousy book, there isn't anything you can do about it. They have no readily apparent criteria for selecting who gets the most productive books. It appears if they like you, you get it all; hand fed prequalified leads, big books, time off, etc. If the phone rings, you better pick it up and if it isn't one of your clients, you better close it anyway and then happily walk your money over to the chosen one who owns the account. That's right. Give the money away, and then you can attend the bonus ceremony where they award the chosen ones with big bonus bucks for closing a lot of business. Of course, the fact that you and many others closed a lot of business for the chosen ones, doesn't count. You don't count. Naturally, most of the inbound calls were for the larger, more productive books, so you can wind up giving away a lot of the business you worked to close. If you don't do it, you're not a team player. If it wasn't so insane it might be funny. I can't believe I subjected myself to this.

If you're doing new business, good luck with that. You're just feeding the chosen ones. Have fun making those 100 dials per day. You better meet quota for phone time too, or else probation! Nah, it doesn't matter if you closed a lot of business and met your quota. If you didn't hit call time or dials, you're on probation. It was like working in the Twilight Zone for me. People were always on probation. Then they come by and beat you with a verbal stick to motivate you to get on the phone and close
  more... more business. LOL I've never worked in such a degrading, pressurized, unrewarding environment.

This place chews people up and spits them out, but the money's great if you can get your hands on a good book. That will likely not happen.
Pros
Commissions, if you can get a good book and keep what you close
Cons
Everything else.
This place stinks! Stay far away! Management hasn't got a clue!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westlake CAApril 5, 2014
Do not work here! This place has nothing to offer anyone! It looks as if it can fold any day now. This place had its time around 2002 but it is just in the crapper now. Zillow crushes this company and the website sucks anyways.
Pros
Cons
management, culture, unprofessionalism
productive and fun workplace with a food truck and extra overtime
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 27, 2014
productive and fun workplace with a food truck and snacks for all employees
Business Analytics (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2014
enjoyed working in move.
a lot
good co workers
everyday
Terrible culture, run by fear
Marketing Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 5, 2014
Management runs this place by fear and only gets minimal results because fo this. Favoritism is a widespread. Unless you are one of the favorites, you are going to have to work a lot harder just to keep your job.
Pros
hours.
Cons
lost
I feel that there is a lot of improvement needed in management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 29, 2013
Management at Move is built on a micro management philosophy which was not always the case. Now people don't feel like they matter as employees and there is favoritism when choosing employees for not only special projects but for advancement and many long time employees have left or are job hunting themselves even some of the better managers have left because felt they could effect change in the overall management in the call center.
I have learned a lot of soft people skills and to have patients handling disgruntled customers. I really like the people I work with, we work well as a team. The hardest part of my job has to be trying to explain to a customer why a function of a product that they pay for has been broken for the last 9 months and there is no eta on a fix.however,my favorite part is when I can successfully make working their control panels as easy as possible. they start their conversation disheartened and stressed out but by the end of the call they feel satisfied that their product is easier than they had imagined.
Pros
special luncheon days good bonus structure
Cons
benefits are a bit high with high deductibles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Move, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9