Movie Tavern Employee Reviews in United States

Convenient and unique dining experience
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 12, 2016
At Movie Tavern, I was a server where I trained new employees on the job. Movie Tavern itself is a movie theater restaurant, in other words, guests come in, watch a movie, and eat their food while they watch. We get outlandishly busy on the weekends, and I was a premier server on the team. I have had up to 40 tables at one time, and was able to handle the chaos with effective communication skills with my team members.

I learned how to take orders and speak with guests, I was able to achieve effective time management skills, and have fun on the job. My co-workers would complain a lot, so I focused on other things instead of hearing the negativity, my managers were good as they did made sure everyone was happy.

The hardest part of the job was definitely when it was slow. When it was slow, it was SLOW. I would have three tables a shift, and since it is a movie theater I would have to wait until the end of the movie to do anything.

In retrospect, the most enjoyable part of the job is when it was busy. I was thrilled with the rush of getting things done proficiently and quickly, never having time to rest.
Pros
good money, friendly guests and managers
Cons
annoying co-workers, had to pay for food
Should be Temporary
Box Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJuly 6, 2016
The management is terrible and you have to deal with a lot of attitude, overall its decent but not somewhere to work for a long period of time
Pros
Food
Cons
Managers
So many Friendly co workers
Server (Current Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 26, 2016
I enjoy working at the tavern because of my co workers. It's a hard job, but after a while you get used to it. Some of the guest will give you a really hard time and then again others will be amazing.
Pros
free movies
started good, only for a while
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAJune 10, 2016
I thought I would enjoy working at the Movie Tavern and I did for the first 2 months then it went downhill. The management is horrible! No type of order, not good with scheduling. I would be scheduled for front bar, then realize they never scheduled anyone for service bar and i got stuck doing both. Multiple times, on really busy days smh. I also start around Christmas so my checks were really good, but after valentines days, I saw a significant drop in my checks. I mean going from 1,300 every two weeks to $400/500. Overall I wouldn't suggest you work here unless you like doing lots of work with little pay.
Pros
free movies, half off food
Cons
low pay, long hours
Fairly good money, poor management, unprofessional culture
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 7, 2016
The only thing that keeps me at this job is the pay and my coworkers. Management is terrible and is more focused on favoritism and obtaining their bonuses than running a good business. This company used to be an awesome place to work and a fun summer job. Now it is constantly stressful. No one is held accountable to their job duties and there are many people in supervisory -like positions who are not being compensated accordingly.

In short, work here for a little while, learn what you can and move on. Don't get trapped here for longer than six months to a year.
Pros
50 percent off food, free movies, coworkers
Cons
Benefits, work-life balance, management
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Certified Trainer / Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at Movie Tavern involved daily encounters with new employees, teaching classroom presentations on all company safety and procedures, lunch/dinner menu, alcohol awareness/knowledge...etc. However, I also served on the weekends, tending to guests needs including taking orders and assisting with customer service/interface when needed. I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers, however management could have been tweaked a little. I enjoy working with people face to face rather than a "desk job" because of my personality, which is why Movie Tavern was such an awesome place to work!
Pros
Free movies including (3) guests, 50% off all food
Cons
No designated breaks
management
server (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAMay 31, 2016
I was the only one on that job so i was there every weekend and event it took away from my school work alot in freshmen year of high school.
Worst place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMay 28, 2016
This place is a revolving door .They hire a new bartender every 3 to 4 weeks.No money bad management and the head bartender is a joke. When you see a ad for this company keep looking.
Pros
Cons
Management and head bartender
Working at MoTav West 7th
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2016
a typical day at work is actually really enjoyable. i learned how to manage time and money, also how to communicate and work as a team. management is outstanding and never fails at their job. Co-workers are fun and energetic. hardest part was having to run back and forth down the aisle to get food and drink and deliver them. everyday is enjoyable but your feet will hurt the first couple days
Pros
reduced lunch. free movies.free drinks
Cons
somewhat low pay but tolerable
Fast paced, running around to give guests drinks and food
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PAMay 25, 2016
At the Movie Tavern, we must always say yes to the guest and have excellent service. My duties are making drinks and bringing trays of drinks and food to the guests
Awful
Food/drink runner (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 10, 2016
At first things seemed like it would be great, during training week. They said there would be breaks, good pay, good hours, etc. This was not the case. One thing that does not exist here are breaks. While working about 9 hours handing food and drinks non stop there are no breaks. There is barely a functioning system at all. You never know when you go home so you might as well estimate that you'll be there for over 8 hours minimum. Absolutely horrible, the free movies and half off food isn't worth the low pay and awful working conditions.
Pros
Free movies and 50% off food
draining
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76201May 10, 2016
you make decent money but less than an average server. Management could have been better. co workers are great they are the best thing there.
Pros
employees
Cons
pay and management
Exciting environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 29, 2016
Typical day at work was managing servers inside the theaters
Learned how to operate a concept with multiple working parts
Management had a lot of experience
Energetic coworkers
Hardest part of the job was the very busy weekends when blockbuster movies came out
Most enjoyable part was learning a new trade - the movie industry
Pros
Free movies and free food
Cons
Limited growth opportunity in this market
Productive and fun employees
Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 19, 2016
Productive work space, team work is essential, getting the right orders, management is fairly good, co-workers are interactive and fun to get along and work together, the hardest parts of the job is to multi task on a busy day, the most enjoyable part of the job is to get to watch a movie after work is done.
Pros
Free certain movies, half priced meals, and free soda beverages.
Cons
Health care
Neat Work Place
Movie Tavern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
Typical day at work,
clock in , wash hands go to meeting room get pozie to take orders on
go to work station & see which theater I would work for the day
go to my work area & begin taking orders
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
nice place
Server (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. everyone respect each other and the working environment is good. i recommend you to work here if you looking for part time job.
Pros
easy job
Cons
unstable income
Love
Dishwasher/Prep (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 8, 2016
Love this job favorite job of all time. Very flexible love co workers. Fast paced, good environment, positive vibes, would recommend company to friends and family.
Hated working here.
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2016
other Employees would never wash their hands, i had to climb under this really nasty built up of gonk area too clean and almost got stuck under there. It looked like it wasn't clean for years. When you had a problem that you were trying to solve for a customer it was hard looking for management, and when you did find them they were just standing around laughing with each other.
Good for teenagers and managers. Bad pay.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 31, 2016
It's a restaurant and movie theater in one, so you can expect pay to be terrible. The job could be fun and stressful. There isn't much experience to be had for anyone other than teenagers new to having jobs.
Pros
Keeps you busy.
Cons
.Pay and bosses.
chiefs vs indians
server (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2016
at movie tavern its all about managers save themselves while us servers has to drown. its everybody for themselves. no teamwork whats so ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movie Tavern. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7