Movie Tavern

Movie Tavern United States Employee Reviews

Fast paste
Host/Server (Former Employee), Ft WorthApril 8, 2015
Always busy so your never really bored great staff to work for and fun job to work at. Always switching management but tings stay the same
It was a high paced customer friendly job that consumed alot of time, yet It wasn't enough to live off..
Host, waiter and runner (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at work was a blur. I moved around so much and stayed on my feet all day delivering trays to Viewers in the theaters. I learned how to wait that was my first experience as a waiter/runner and how to properly adress and greet customers. Co-workers were full of life and fun to be around.The hardest part of the job was the travel there and back from philadelphia. It consisted of me catching 3 buses and 2 trains which gave me no life outside of Movie Tavern. The most enjoyable part was seeing how everyone reacted when they came in the door and seen that we were a movie theater/restaurant.
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Bedford, TXMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at Movie Tavern would be greeting guest, taking their orders and making sure their food is the correct/exact way they asked for it. Also checking on them throughout their movie. What I've learned from movie tavern is that if you work as a team many things can and will get accomplished. The managers at movie tavern weren't at all strict they were a little too laid back which was fine but at the same time certain things didn't go well. My co-workers at Movie Tavern were great everybody got along well with everyone. The hardest part of my job, would be being able to balance lots of food on one tray. The most enjoyable part of working their would have to be my co-workers and managers.
Productive and great envirement
Food Runner/ Clean-up Crew (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free movies on off days
Cons: short breaks
Everyday at work you can expect to be on your feet. Working here I learned most people enjoy watching movies while eating great food. Co-workers here were out-going and had a way to please customers. The hardest part about the job was learning the full breakfast/ lunch menu. The most enjoyable part of the job is that on your off day you were able to watch movies free of charge with a friend.
Fun and fast paced place to work!
Server (Current Employee), Denton, TxFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: management could be better
You follow almost the same routine everyday. Find your sections and wait on your tables. Clean theaters after movies get out. Run food and drinks to your guests. Overall fun place to work!
fun movie theater grate work place environment
Cook 1 (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: checks where sometimes late
walk in say hi to manager clock in get started on fryers an grill make 1 9 burgers an 4 philly chesse stakes hardest part of job rush hour because sometimes you cant tell when its going to end
Movie theater and bar
Bartender (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
Management was incompetent, but this was also just after the theater opened.
Productive and fun place
Server (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2014
Working at Movie Tavern has taught me so me many things. The thing that was taught to me was that, even when it seems like there is nothing to do, there is always something to do. I begin to understand that since Movie Tavern was my first paying job I was able to grow so that I was prepared for the future. The hardest part about my job was that you can not and will not please every customer that has problem, but you should always try to make sure that are satisfied no matter what. The most enjoyable part was being able to get to know my customer and joke with them when taking there order or being attentive to them.
A varied work environment with a Restaurant/Bar and 11 Theaters
Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: late hours
A challenging work environment with a full service restaurant and bar with 11 theaters.
I LOVED THIS JOB!
Greeter, Team Member (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: discounts on the expensive food, free movies
Cons: pay
CLOCK IN AND OUT
I worked concessions and somedays was a food runner or greeter
Management was real cool. they understood everybody needs
i worked with friends and made new friends as well
There was nothing hard about this job. i felt like this was easiest job I've had
Getting to see movies for free..I think it was free or discount. One of the two. As long the manager knew we were ok
A decent job to have
Food runner (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: free movies, great co-workers, fast paced, great atmosphere
Cons: bad pay, management is constantly changing
Movie Tavern was somehow the best place I've ever worked at. I was one of the originals at the Suwanee location. In the very beginning when they first opened and for the following several months, everything was great. Then, management kept changing and everything seemed to go downhill. I personally had a love/hate relationship with Movie Tavern the minute my efforts went unappreciated. Regardless of the few negative points I experienced with Movie Tavern, it's one job that will always stand out to me above others. Would I recommend Movie Tavern as a job? Absolutely, at least for your first job.
Lack of advancement opportunities, but a fun place to work.
Shift Lead Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: free movies, free popcorn, free drinks
Cons: low pay, lack of consistancy, late hours, little to no advancement
If you do not have prior serving experience you will not enjoy it here. You have to manage and keep track of over 20 tables at a time. The pay can be decent, but nothing to live off of. Management is nice and cooperative. Mainly work mid shifts and nights, weekends are a must. Hardest part of the job was the unstable income, most enjoyable part was free movies and popcorn.
Its a fun experience where you can enjoy a movie and enjoy breakfast, lunch and or dinner with your choice of a drink
Server (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the skills you acquire
Cons: the management is not as good as it should
This is a high tense stressful job where you will learn how to time manage, have more patients, multitask 3 or more theaters, having 1 to 2 sections in each theater at one time.
Fun and up beat place to work and enjoy movies.
Runner/Server (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 17, 2014
Movie Tavern is a great place to go watch movies and have delicious food at the same time. A normal work day there consisted with making and delivering drinks, delivering food and cleaning up the theaters.
The Average First Job
Server (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2014
Here is always interesting but i can't say that it is awesome. Usually disorganized and totally chaotic in some area the average day feels like your in high school or a cinematic Degrassi episode. The few good parts of this job were the customers and the food. Loved interacting with the guests before there movie. They always provided the outsider point of view when they spoke about what they saw in Movie Tavern but I only wish that was reality.
A small company with huge potential in the Cinema Eatery Industry.
Director of Culinary and Kitchen Operations (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good bonus structure, good salary, fair working conditions.
Cons: smal company and required to work long hours to meet deadlines.
Managed daily kitchen operations across 17 locations nationwide. Worked with the some truly wonderful and dedicated folks who were brilliant at what they did. Over the years we learned some hard lessons about the Cinema Eatery Industry and always learned them at the expense of our guests but the best part about our guests is they only wanted us to get their experience right because they see this as the future of watching movies.

Over my 6 years at Movie Tavern my job evolved into wearing many different hats and managing more than just the Kitchen Operations. I was responsible for R&D of all menus and bringing freshness to the menu along with keeping up and leading culinary trends in the Cinema Eatery Industry. I also managed most aspects of the purchasing department for the last 2 years of my employment.

It's a wonderful company full of some of the most talented folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with and I really enjoyed my time there.
Rushed and fast pace job
Server (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: free movies and lunch. prizes if you obtained the highest in sales.
Cons: too many employees for a new company so it was a little hectic.
A typical day consisted of clocking in, checking what my job/goals for the day is then make sure everything is prepared and start serving my customers. I learned how to work at a fast pace with little to no mistakes. I also learned how to sell and please a guest. The management and my co-workers were very friendly and amazing workers and i had the best time getting to work beside each and everyone. The hardest part would most likely be when there is a shortage amount of staff and we become really busy really quick, but if you do you're job accordingly then the feeling of accomplishing the craziness is rewarding.
minumumwage job
projectionest (Former Employee), tuckerJune 10, 2014
Pros: free movies
Cons: minimum wage
great to work for very nice people and the workers are alll close to one another with a extreme sense of comrade.
Dinner and a Movie? Yes Please
Food Runner (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: free movies and popcorn, discounts on food
Cons: management and pay rate
Running around like a chicken with its head cut off would seem to be almost the normal day at Movie Tavern. Life as a food runner was awful, managers and servers would have us running everywhere. Even though I was a trainer there, it was very difficult to train my people due to all the running around.
Very up tempo work envorment
Server (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 8, 2014
Pros: meet alot of new people
Cons: no time for breaks on busy days
A typical day at work would be taking orders delivering their food to them making sure they are fine through out the move. Also running trays prepping food for cooks, money handling and customer relations etc..

1 2 3

About Movie Tavern

Movie Tavern is the premier in-theater dining experience, with 141 all-digital screens at 17 locations in seven states. Movie – Read more

Movie Tavern Salaries