Movie Tavern Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 18, 2017
I was at school at the time when I worked here. At first they were able to work around my schedule, but the longer I worked there the more they would call me in during school hours to work. Despite talking to them about it they would still call me in. Oh, I should mention that I worked as a cook so they had an hour for you to go in but it didn't say when you would leave. It varied depending on who knew what.
I learned how to work as a team to make sure the orders got out at time, the meetings we had as cooks were few since all we had to focus on was making the orders.
Cons
little to no breaks
Fast pace
Service runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 16, 2017
Movie Tavern is a fast pace environment with good customer service.
It is a very easy job and the benefits are amazing, along with the food. The job requires standing and walking the entire shift.
Pros
%50 of food, free movie with friend, and free drinks and popcorn
Cons
standing the entire shift and walking around the entire place with and without food or drinks
Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2017
Very up beat job. You get to meet a lot of new people and see free movies a couple days early. Unlimited popcorn and drinks. Great environment.
Pros
Free movies, half off on food
Great first job
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 29, 2017
I had a lot of fun, met a lot of people, and watched a lot of movies. The managers there are really cool, and will try to be your friend. Take that however you will.
Pros
Free movies!
Cons
Smelling like popcorn, hearing spoilers.
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2017
its nothing I have to say it was an average day of working running food to people watching the movie it wasn't nothing really going on so its nothing to say
fun job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TX 76022May 24, 2017
good job for part time work , never worked full time there so i cant comment on full time , however ... free movies and discounted food for employees !
Don't do it
Server (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC 27407May 15, 2017
If you love yourself its not a good idea. It was the single most annoying job of my life. No benefits at all. It was terrible don't do it if you care about your welling being
Pros
Lol none
Cons
Hella tbh
Great people to work with but does get stressful
Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 12, 2017
Its a cool place to work at but it gets very stressful and hard dealing so many guests and orders that need to be carried out and thing will get complicated but there is no way to avoid it you just have to keep going until your shift is over. Its a fun place but work environment needs to be worked on a bit
Pros
Free movies and discounts
Cons
No break hardly
It's Okay
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2017
The typical day feels miss managed. The bar is disorganized with no leadership, the kitchen a jumbled mess, and the people all do what they want. There is no real direction and at first i would have recommended working there, but now it is low on my list of optional employment.
Cool, fun job.
Runner (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 8, 2017
I loved working here for the summer, it can get very, very fast paced, but for the most part it's a steady enviroment, quiet aside from the movies. The best part about this job is the movies, you can watch them for free, on your own time of course. I was also treated very nice by management during my training and my the remainder of my time there. The hardest part is keeping up, runners have a part in everything, helping servers, guiding and serving customers, making drinks and popcorn and then delivering them, along with their entrees. The workplace culture in general is nice, it's comfortable and seems like somewhere you'd be happy working at.
Pros
Discounted food, free movies, comfortable.
Cons
Overflow responsibilities.
fun workplace
Runner/Busser (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 6, 2017
My time that i woked at movie tavern ive found out that its a nice environment to work in and i believe it would be a great opportunity to get to learn new skills at this location.
Pros
half off food
Cons
no breaks
A Fun Job
Food Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAMay 5, 2017
Easy fun job with stupid managers. You can take as many breaks as you want.

typical day at work was to show up half an hour early, Get lit.
Then clock in 10 minutes late. Managers barely acknowledge your existence, and rarely ever get in your business. You are expected to just run a tray and contribute in the team of runners, its kind of a group effort. Managers will rarely tell you to pick up the pace. Its a fast paced job but you have the ability to chose your pace any given day. 8 hour shifts kinda sucked. But a lot of cool runners and servers.
Pros
fun
Cons
sometimes exhausting
Not amazing, but not awful.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 22, 2017
I worked as a server and the environment wasn't bad, per se, but working here earned just enough to get by. The respect most other coworkers had for each other was one of the negative points of this job.
Pros
Free movies, drinks and popcorn. 50% off of menu items.
Cons
Scheduling, no benefits, pay.
Bartender
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 20, 2017
It is fun working at Movie Tavern. I enjoy working with others and interacting with the customers that come on a daily basis. I have regulars who come to see me.
Fast paced and reliable
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, gaApril 17, 2017
I work here for 3 years, the company standards provide one with a job that prepares them for the difficulties of the food industry. During my time here i learned the skills necessary to move forward in a growing company. In short, i learned how to handle large number of guest on a daily basis.
Pros
Free movies
Cons
No breaks outside of building
Fact paste
Server (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NYApril 12, 2017
I loved this job I got to watch movies that came out as I was taking orders and serving the guest it wS very fast paste and I never got bored ! Management was very helpful and kind
Pros
Seeing new movies
Cons
Kitchen back up
Fast paced kitchen making lots of food
Lead Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2017
When you have a kitchen making food for 2,500 customers each two hours it puts a strain on the workers. Being able to get discounts on food, movie tickets and free posters can be worth it for some people for others its not. The kitchen turned over about three people a week because the stress was too much for some to handle.
Pros
free movie tickets
Cons
very very stressful enviroment
fast paced
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 3, 2017
At the movie tavern employees are mainly highschoolers, don't take the job as serious as they should. However the job is very fast paced good job if you like time to go by fast.
The employees were great. Business can get too slow.
Cashier/Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 26, 2017
There were times while I was working at Movie Tavern where all I could do was stand around because of the lack of business. Often times this meant I would be the first one to get sent home even after working for a year and was their best employee. I didn't really get the hours I wanted... And there were times were it would suddenly get busy out of nowhere.
Easy money. Fast paced because its a theatre.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 26, 2017
Good first job to start off at as a server. Learn to be quick with orders and guests. Learn how to take care a large group of guests in a certain amount of time.
Pros
Free Movies
Cons
Movies come and go

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Movie Tavern. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8