Prepare client payrolls in accordance with wage and tax guidelines. Process garnishments, generate payroll documents and tax reports for client.
Essential Job Functions:
a. Process weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payrolls for clients.
b. Process After the Fact payrolls.
c. Generate Quarterly payroll reports, 940s and 941s, UCT101.
d. Generate year-end payroll reports to include W2s.
e. Generate 1099 year-end reports.
f. Gather payroll information for Workers Compensation audits for clients.
a. Help with specific projects as directed.
b. Answer client payroll questions.
c. Assemble tax returns.
d. Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma. Two year accounting degree beneficial.
- Payroll experience preferred
- Work record that shows attention to detail.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (to include Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess the attitude of “customer first”.
- Proficient in 10-key and keyboarding.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to produce accurate work.
- Knowledge of payroll processing, payroll taxes, and wage/hour regulations.
- QuickBooks knowledge beneficial.
- Ability to research issues related to payroll processing.
Physical Demands of the Position:
- Primarily office setting with limited exposure to weather elements. Light lifting of office supplies (up to 20 pounds.) Occasional lifting of 50 pounds (heavier office supplies).
- Fingering, grasping, walking, stooping and lifting.
- Climbing of stairs with or without materials in hand.