Mozido is a leader in providing white-labeled B2B multichannel transaction services. Mozido's multichannel financial services solutions enable mobile network operators, retailers and financial institutions to offer their customers access to financial services across multiple channels: mobile, IVR, retail POS and the Web. Our solutions are regulatory-compliant and follow KYC, AML and CFT standards established by the World Bank and other entities. We work closely with our clients and their countries' regulatory authorities to configure our services to meet their requirements. The range of services include:
- Enrollment (KYC) through multiple channels
- Full mobile stored-value solutions: loading, managing, spending
- Mobile Money Transfers
- Mobile Banking
- Multichannel Payments: bill payments, loan payments
- White Label stored-value card management programs
- Mobile purchases
- Agent management
Program Technical Writer
The Program Technical Writer develops documentation that captures the scope of a program that will be leveraged by local geographical teams to devise their own training and also serve as a sign off set of documents for each phase of the deliverables.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with Engineering, Product, Solutions and Operations teams to develop functional, technical and process scope documentation that meets a best practice for navigation, completeness, accuracy and ease of use
- Documentation must be kept online in a wiki (or other electronic format), therefore this person needs to be forward thinking about site usability and how a developer may interact with the documentation
- Manage assigned documentation development and implementation projects to meet both release and customer deadlines
- Create a style guide and content guidelines to be used as a template for distributed teams to capture their own scoping documents
- May be called on to provide support for other internal, as well as external documentation support as required by others of the Product team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Confer with Engineering, Product, Solutions and Operations team to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Interfaces with users, specialists, analysts, and application developers to obtain background information on IT technologies, methods, and standards. Organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Create and/or select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to develop documentation capturing the essence of the services allowing any new team member to comprehend the program end-to-end.
- Interview personnel and read documentation to become familiar with product technologies, production methods and operational processes.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Assist in the development of tutorials and other materials (power point slides, videos and handouts) as needed to teach the use of the product.
- Conduct or otherwise facilitate training in the use of the product via either larger or small group teaching sessions (train the trainer).
- Centralize and maintain all documentation of all software developed and operational procedures.
- Good at writing text-based documentation and tutorials for developer consumption (writing samples requested)
- Good understanding and experience with Core Java and Enterprise Java basics and REST frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Ability to work closely with developers, architects and technical leaders across Mozido to understand their direction & vision and needs and translate to user friendly documentation
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions or seek out information.
- Must also be a team player that can work effectively in a time-sensitive, dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand the priorities and scope for document deliverables, to handle fluid priorities and deadlines, and to produce quality documentation on very tight schedules.
- Demonstrated project management skills are highly valued.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities with demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to define and gain alignment with subject matter experts regarding deliverables where compromises to schedule must be made.
- Comfortable functioning as part of a broader team while operating as an individual contributor.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience writing/editing instructional materials or related experience
- Experience with Agile an advantage
- Experience with Atlassian Products (i.e Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye) a plus
Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Engineering or a minimum 5 years experience in related field.
Mozido is a leader in providing white-labeled B2B multichannel transaction services. Mozido's multichannel financial services solutions...