The Senior Technical Writer develops documentation showing developers how to build and publish their services according to company standards and guidelines.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with Engineering, Product and Solutions teams to develop Web Services/API documentation that meets a best practice for navigation, completeness, accuracy and ease of use
- Documentation must be kept online in a wiki (or other electronic format), therefore this person needs to be forward thinking about site usability and how a developer may interact with the documentation
- Manage assigned documentation development and implementation projects to meet both release and customer deadlines
- Create a style guide and content guidelines to be used as a template for distributed development teams
- May be called on to provide support for other internal, as well as external documentation support as required by others of the Product team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Confer with Engineering, Product and Solutions team to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Create and/or select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to develop documentation capturing the essence of the services and API documentation allowing any engineering team to integrate or upgrade the services with a lower learning curve.
- Interview engineering personnel and read documentation to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail.
- Working knowledge of web services (REST services) – have developed and deployed web services and APIs
- Working knowledge of related topics and SOA infrastructure, e.g., security, gateway, messaging, ESB
- Good at writing text-based documentation and tutorials for developer consumption (writing samples requested)
- Good understanding and experience with Core Java and Enterprise Java basics and REST frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Ability to work closely with developers, architects and technical leaders across Mozido to understand their direction & vision and needs and translate to user friendly documentation
- Self-starter who is not afraid to ask questions or seek out information.
- Must also be a team player that can work effectively in a time-sensitive, dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand the priorities and scope for document deliverables, to handle fluid priorities and deadlines, and to produce quality documentation on very tight schedules.
- Demonstrated project management skills are highly valued.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities with demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to define and gain alignment with subject matter experts regarding deliverables where compromises to schedule must be made.
- Comfortable functioning as part of a broader team while operating as an individual contributor.
- 5+ years experience in API documentation with a strong background working with XML Schemas, XML, REST/JSON, SOAP UI, and API authoring tools
- Developer background preferred
- Must have minimum of 3 years experience working with documenting Web Services
- Experience with Agile an advantage
- Experience with Atlassian Products (i.e Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, Crucible, Fisheye) a plus
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or a minimum 5 years experience in related field.
The position is contract-to-hire lest you impress us!
Mozido is a leader in providing white-labeled B2B multichannel transaction services. Mozido's multichannel financial services solutions...