MPC Employee Reviews in United States

Not a work enviroment for a female
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2016
Not a work enviroment for a female. It was a factory full of men that didn't want to take orders from a young female. I was in charge of a group of men that set up all my resale items and was very strike on how I wanted things done and was to organized for the group. This job made me realize I have to go back to school and furture my education.
Pros
Benefits and Pay check was a plus
Cons
The only female in charge of things
Awful place
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNMay 14, 2016
I worked at the Morrison plant for six months and I have to say the management is pathetic. Horrible place to work!! I turned in a two week notice and my supervisor and lead made it so bad I quit early.
Cons
Productive and hard working work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 17, 2016
My typical day at this work place was come in before bell rings, gather up at supervisors office to see where we are located for the day and when done, get to work. My co-workers were pleasant to work with and management were nice people. Most enjoyable part about my job was the work I was doing and there was nothing hard about my job. I liked it very much.
This was a good place to learn the basics
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 4, 2015
I grew up the ranks as an executive secretary to a Purchased Senior Subcontract Administrator on military contracts. I developed discipline, ethics and finely honed negotiation skills that have served me well to this very day.
Love the job
Tester (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNJuly 31, 2015
I love working with computers and being hands on with almost any computer hardware. Wide variety of assets come through to keep the job every changing and interesting.

Scored job security low as I was hired a week before they announced they were closing. No security or advancement there.
Wish I would have been here sooner. The employees and management I work with are really some amazing people.

The hardest part of the job is learning the variety of equipment that comes through the warehouse. However, that keeps the job interesting.
One of the things I like a lot is I get to listen to music the whole day I work, which is a huge bonus.
Pros
Working with computer hardware
Cons
Warehouse
What a joke
Operator (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNDecember 18, 2015
The management stinks! Like kids bullying at school. The insurance is awful. That place needs to pack up and go back up north!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and great work enviroment.
Machine Operator - Helper (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 9, 2015
Excellent work ethics safety oriented willing to address all issues concerning work related subjects. The company allowed me to learn and grow by teaching me every thing that was needed to know about the trade of steal processing. I also respect the fact of how they dealt and handled quality control issues.
Pros
Willingness to teach and allow growth.
Cons
Low compensation for the type of work performed.
prductive
production (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIOctober 12, 2015
i learned alot about car parts , incentives for employees , different management , company picnics, nice place to work but night good for single parents with kids to work nights
Pros
family functions
Cons
hard to work at
This company no longer exists.
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDAugust 10, 2015
As of approximately 2008, this company was shut down. It was originally called Micron Electronics but split from the Micron family and later became Micron PC which then transitioned to MPC before it finally went out of business.

A review of this company is irrelevant.
The hardest part of the job
Tube former (Current Employee) –  Richland Center, WISeptember 1, 2015
Forming tubes manually for a 10 hour shift definitely takes a toll on your arms and fingers. I do enjoy my co-workers and the shift I am currently on.
great crew
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJuly 9, 2015
at mpc i worked with a lot of real good good guys that love what they do a fast pace work enviornment rigging, welding, fitting and wrenching all day
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
no benefits
Fun place to work,nice people to
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Richland Center, WIJuly 3, 2015
A very clean place,enjoyed working with my co-workers,the hardest about the job was working with foam,I enjoyed working with the company
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
good insurence
Horrible management and technician support
Machine Operator/trainer (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIMarch 17, 2015
MPC doesn't care about the products they send to their customers. many times the parts are not good quality. A lot of waste is made at mpc and the management staff is only there for their paycheck not for the actual company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Professional yet casual and flexible environment
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 6, 2014
I learned to adjust to working with many different types of leadership and improved my management skills.

I enjoyed my co-works very much, I have never worked with a more professional, ethical group with an excellent work ethic.

The hardest part of my job was balancing many last minute requests with the routine cyclical tasks.

The most enjoyable part was all the different people I assisted just doing my job.
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Cons
no such thing as a typical day.
Hard working/ focused and safety first
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WINovember 4, 2014
We all need to stay focus and always wear safety shoes. toe steal shoes. and think safety . We work hard for the quality and we have to record all hourly rates and how many parts we make and pack into the gay lords. We weld and assemble baffles into the cam covers . We also assemble gaskets, bolts,baffles and so forth . Then we test them into a tester. After they are tested we pack them . If the part has failed into the tester it means that it has to be retested again . If it fails twice we need to scrap it . meaning the part is not good .

We also do other covers. Like engine parts, Hemi, toyota , p parts. Ecoboost, Lincoln. and so forth . We also had to place foam into these parts to make sure everything is there where it needs to be .
Pros
Work in fast environment
Cons
make sure you doing your job correct.
co workers
Shipping and Receiving Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Morrison, TNJune 10, 2015
co workers are great, and management is awful.Loved my job, very good at it, lots of favortism on certain shifts, and some management was was two faced
Enjoyed the work
E6 Maintenance Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 25, 2014
I provided assistance to program managers regarding contracts for the E-6. I provided briefings to 4 and 5 Star Commanders regarding
the status of contracts. I enjoyed this aspect of the position, I also provided training.
Pros
enjoyed the work atmosphere
Cons
an extreme distance to drive daily
Great work enviornment
Line Auditor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 5, 2015
This job is a great first job just to get your foot in the door of a factory. There is not a lot of room to spread your wings but it will get you a stable work history.
Pros
free ham and turkeys for the holidays
Cons
temperature in the summer and winter are horrible
like work there.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Walworth, WIMarch 14, 2014
some days are like pulling your hair out. Some days are good.
Management needs to work with each other (talk instead e-mailing)
Been there for there employers .
My co-work are great,
the hardest part of the job when thing are crazy when you come in from different shift. trying to put what's going on at these machines . Walking into bad parts that ran all 8 hrs and trying to get it fix.
things like packing , material , labels aren't made for job ready.
My most enjoyable part of the job, Is learning , and working the over time.
Pros
seeing me here longer, learning better was of doing the work.
Cons
short breaks, Disciplnary, fair, career opportunities.
Worked 70-100 hours a week generally, bad management.
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Mcminnville,TNDecember 30, 2014
Usually worked way to many hours never saw my family. Nice facility but be ready to work non-stop. You are just a number here. Hard work and dedication goes un noticed compared to simple or small mistakes.
Pros
nice facility
Cons
management, loud and your just a number.

2.8