MPI Research Employee Reviews

Over worked, under paid, no advancement
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MISeptember 9, 2017
No Work/life balance
Merit raises are either 0 or a max of 2% per year.
No advancement opportunities unless someone leaves.
Mandatory 10 hours of over time for 6 straight months for the past 4 summers.
Pros
people
Cons
expensive health coverage with very high deductibles.
Hard work for great benefits
Equipment/Cage Wash Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MISeptember 7, 2017
A typical day at MPI demanded that our team was able to adjust to any change in our daily work schedule. These changes happened more frequently than not. I learned that in order for someone to be able to adjust to these changes with ease they would need to be rigorously trained. Management had there job to make sure their team was on task, also assisting if possible and setting examples of what was expected. The work place culture was fairly diverse with over 1500 employees. Coworkers had their differences at times but mainly the employees knew they had a task to accomplish and that work needed to be done. I would have to say the hardest part about working at MPI was the long mandatory hours and having enough in job experience to be able to adjust to the daily changes in work load. The most enjoyable part about working at MPI would have had to have been making life long friends that just started out to be co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits 401k/Healthcare/Paid time Off (Lots)
Cons
Mandatory overtime/ Constantly changing work loads and schedules
Management needs to be revamped
Coordinator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIAugust 30, 2017
If youre not in the click, you wont advance. Paid time off was eight weeks, so that was very nice. Lots to learn, good start up job. Learn what you can and move on.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
everything else
productive and fun work place
Medical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIAugust 27, 2017
Great company to work for. Willing to listen to new ideas. Many different areas of growth. Highly likely to move up if stay in company and show good work ethic
Too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough accountablity
IT (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIAugust 14, 2017
While there are a lot of well meaning and great employees here, the culture is one of working in a silo. Departments only look out for them selves, and this culture is continued by advancing workers up the chain of management based on who they know rather than qualifications. Added to this stress is a lack of adequate compensation as well as a management team who would rather have a 1 to 1 ratio of directors to employees and you have a recipe for a slow changing, devolving, unsecured, and stressful workplace.
Earning money while making a difference is a good feeling.
Research Technician II (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJuly 22, 2017
Working on studies that could produce a possible life saving drug is a very rewarding feeling. It never felt like work when I went to work, I had a lot of fun working there.
Cons
Long commute for me (1hr 15 min)
basketball court
Quality Assurance Research Auditor (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 12, 2017
very analytical
company driven to quality
good management
socially not as connected work environment
challenging amount of work load
learn every day something new about science
Pros
birthday gifts
Cons
pay
very fast paced company
Infrastructure Client Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJuly 6, 2017
Work flies by. We are government regulated so we have to pay attention to details. Management of your time is a must. The workplace culture is "how soon can you have it done". This makes for a high-pressure work environment.
Pros
days go by fast.
Cons
there is not enough time in the day.
Taxing place to work
Research Associate-Test Material Control (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJune 6, 2017
The pay is below industry average, and the management doesn't care about the employee. High turnover rate, and minimum opportunities to move up in the company.
Great benefits, terrible environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIApril 27, 2017
Great benefits, including healthcare, dental, etc. The corporate atmosphere is a real downer. Management is awful, picks favorites, and doesn't respect the people who actually do the job. Pay is not competitive with other labs, there is little to no opportunity for advancement, and no recognition for hard work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay, disrespectful management, no opportunity to advance

Want to know more about MPI Research?

Ask a question
unprofesssional supervisor
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIApril 13, 2017
One of the worse places I have worked. Never witnessed a supervisor so unprofessional, and immature. I did meet some awesome people during my stay, so I guess it was worth it.
Pros
the hours
Cons
hostile environment
research
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIApril 11, 2017
The research being conducted at these facilities is amazing and you have to be a one of a kind of person to be able to endure some of the things you see and go through with research.
Can be a fun place to work
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIApril 4, 2017
Depending on your management it can be quite a pleasant work place. I enjoyed my coworkers and I enjoyed my manager except she made poor choices like hiring her friends in supervising positions instead of considering what was best for her Med Techs. MPI does encourage a work life balance but when the work load increases there is not always enough help so you work a lot of overtime. I have heard MPI is great place to start but the pay tends to be limited for most departments. As Med Techs MPI doesn't always keep up with the competitive wages.
Pros
Good benifits, cafeteria on campus, good coworkers
Cons
Management has always been a challenge for many depts.
Productive and very regulated workplace.
Archives Associate 2 - Sponsor Contacts (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJanuary 24, 2017
I very much enjoy working for MPI Research and the job that I do here. I'm learning new things constantly. I enjoy paperwork and there is a lot of the in my present position. Working closely with the Sponsors is a part of the job that I enjoy as well. No two are the same so the job is never boring.
The people I work with and for are amazing and we are definitely a team which is very important.
The hardest part of any job here at MPI is the public not understanding what we do here and therefore we a lot of times get negative feedback.
Pros
Supportive Management and Co-Workers
Cons
Not allowed much OT
review
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJanuary 23, 2017
In this job you are very over worked at times and then the next day you have absolutely nothing to do.They do not offer good benefits and management has big communication issues.
Pros
It pays above minimum wage, and they offer benefits
Cons
over work, management was not concise
Average place to work.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Average place to work. The company is extremely large with limited opportunities. Benefit packages were acceptable. Massive amounts of overtime available.
Fast Paced and requires you to work your hardest.
Primate Toxicology (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MINovember 19, 2016
MPI Research is a good company to work for if you are looking for a career in the Bio medical field. the problem currently is the lack of overtime creating the need to sacrifice your downtime jumping from late shift to late shift to help increase your paycheck.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Underpaid
Working towards a great cause
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Mattawan, MINovember 3, 2016
Typical day includes embedding, microtomy, routine and special staining, reagent management, and special projects.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Many required overtime/weekend hours
Pharmaceutical
Lab Technician, Project Leader, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mattawan, MIOctober 10, 2016
I work with this company for 20 years. It is great company to work for. People are very nice, learned lots of things from this company,
Great Place to start your career
Science (Current Employee) –  Not willing toSeptember 14, 2016
It is a great place to start your professional career, but the compensation is horrific. A kid fresh out of high school, is on the same level as a person who has a Bachelors degree in Science. For example I have a degree in Biochemistry and get paid approximately the same as people in lower levels on the totem pole.
Pros
People you work directly with are wonderful.
Cons
MAnagement and Compensation