MPS Security Employee Reviews

No room for growth
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 12, 2017
Be expectes to be a warm body.
No room for advancmemt even if you always show up early never call out. This is a place where you have to know someone to get a better position in the company
Cons
No job advancment. Management is not friendly
Good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 14, 2017
Nice place to work. Different environments that are changing. Must be on toes at all times. Good management that works with you as well as looks out for you.
Dedication and very little reward
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 26, 2017
They wanted me to work long hours with no advancement and inhuman treatment. They wanted us to stay on site all night without providing a bathroom and would not allow going to the bathroom in the building.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Inhuman treatment
Fun always exciting job.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CADecember 1, 2016
Fun place to work with lots of customer interaction. I learned how to communicate with people better. Job requires lots of customer service, Typical day is eight hours.
Fun workplace
Lobby Security (Current Employee) –  Carson, CASeptember 21, 2015
Fun Work place with supportive management not all about the numbers but organized company decent pay rate and comfortable atmosphere. very professional
The Company is Run Hands Off
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJanuary 25, 2015
I rarely, if ever, had contact with my supervisors. No one trained me for the site that I was assigned. We had no post orders. All paperwork was handled by email so that the company could be run as hands off as possible. No one ever brought me any forms, they would be emailed to me and I would be expected to figure out how to get them printed out.

My supervisor knew nothing about my site. He was the one who emailed me my schedule and I still had to remind him what it was. When someone had to cover when I could not make it to work he would call me to get information about the site to give to the person covering my shift. Three days I had to call out sick from work and not only did he not find anyone to cover the shift but he completely failed to contact the client and let them know that I was sick and whether or not someone would be in to cover for me.

I was seriously concerned that my employers would lose my job for me through their incompetent and unprofessional behavior.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Bad Supervisors, Poor Pay, No Support, No Training
Horrible Security Company
former employee thank god (Former Employee) –  greer ranch and emwdFebruary 26, 2014
Not alot of room but here goes. Management consists of good ole boy network absolutely no minorities are offered leadership positions. If you are a retired military or police officer pretty much a shoe in for leadership position regardless of prior officers waiting in line. Supervisors not very professional and do not want employees that are interested in personal advancement the want employees that are just happy to make a few bucks but don't want to expand on themselves. Owner comes off as spoiled wealthy business owner who enjoys being recognized by his own security company and will raise hell if the red carpet is not rolled out for himself. Owner is horribly cheap patrol vehicles are very stock and get stuck off road easily. If you work in main office your job is relatively safe. The rhetoric that is preached for other employees is your job can be lost any day for anything bottom line don't budget to have a job or make big purchases like cars or houses. Don't put down anyone as a reference for another job they do not like self improvement. Some sites you cannot eat lunch at all or use the bathroom for 8 hours at a time. No family feeling at work strictly numbers and if the company get ahead if it cant then your of no use.
Pros
none really its a job if you dont get fired in first few days
Cons
whole company is bad go to any other security company. pay, no benefits, no advancement, not a good place to work.
alright
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 18, 2013
it was a ok job. i didt like the fact that if there was a problem there was no manager close enough to help
Pros
no pros
Cons
supervisor lived to far away
Nice people, Not enough contracts
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CASeptember 6, 2013
The company is pretty good, however there isnt enough contracts. So id something happens to your contract, you are out of luck.
Pros
If you get a good post you are set.
Cons
if you get a lousy post, you are in bad shape. if your post gets cancelled, you dont have a job anymore.
Great company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 19, 2013
No day is ever the same. Co-workers are friendly and most are prior military. Very professional organization.
Pros
Security experience
Cons
Shifts may vary

Want to know more about MPS Security?

Ask a question
If you work hard, you are rewarded.
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hyatt hotel,Houston, TexasMarch 5, 2013
One of the better companies I've worked for in some time. Gives personal attention to a situation if needed.
Pros
steady schedule.
Cons
lacking at time in additional hours.
completely disorganized
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 23, 2012
No proper communication from mgr to employees. you never knew until the last second what and where.
Cons
pay, no benes, disorganization