MPS Employee Reviews

Productive Work Place
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2017
I recommend it to anyone who enjoys working with children. So many opportunities. Was very sad that I had to leave. Awesome coworkers and families with some challenges but awesome none the less.
kids are awesome
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 31, 2017
adult did not take children serious there feelings count no one took the time to listen to there problems over talking and making students follow there rule even when they did not apply to all
Pros
children
Cons
adults
steady work
Customer Service Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 28, 2017
Always something to do, never boring. If there isn't enough work at your station, someone around you is always looking for help. Everyone friendly and nice!
Stressful and non appreiative place to work
Returns Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAAugust 22, 2017
Hot and uncomfortable working conditions in the summer. They expect more for less from there workers. And you are not appreciated for the job you do. Pay not equal to amount of work you have. Under a great deal of stress to get job done
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Stressful and uncomfortable
i want better job less stressful
builder helper 1 (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 14, 2017
it could be better if we got raises like every other job. supervisor could treat people a lot better than they do. they need more training as well engineers. well some of them. they do a lot of mean things and don't get into no trouble for it.
Pros
paid vacation and sick days. you know what you have to do everyday
Cons
no raise, supervisors need more training on how to treat employees
Stressfull
Mass Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAAugust 4, 2017
Lack of communication and unable to communicate with other departments. They have an open door policy; however, they prefer you not to ask question. They offer a wonderful benefit package.
Pros
Great benefit package
Cons
non-flexible and no communication
I work with children all day.
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 28, 2017
Working with children has always been my passion but now the cost of living exceeds my salary. The hardest part of my job is when the children are off task it makes the learning environment difficult for others to learn.
Pros
Making a difference in children's lives.
Cons
Salary
needs pay scale upgrade
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Gordonsville, VAJuly 20, 2017
needs pay scale upgrade.
other benefits are good.

Management needs to be more in touch with what goes on.
Hard to move from one job/dept to another for a promotion.

If you want to make a career move or a good salary bump you will have to look outside of the company.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
pay needs to be updated to fall in line with what it takes to live in this area
Enjoyable, nice environment, fun watching the kids laugh and play with each other
Building Service Worker (Current Employee) –  35th Poe OhioJuly 20, 2017
What I do at work is Basically like a engineer I help clean the building in the summer , Redo the class room ,Wash the tables Sweep Abd Wax them.
I learned a lot working here so if I was to look in for a engineer type job I think I would be set and know what to do
The work environment here is pretty nice. It's a beautiful neighborhood and lots of respectful people
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Dedicated
AP Generalist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2017
I recently started with MPS. I am very satisfied with the resources/tools provided to me to accomplish my goals. Pay is conducive to the area and related field. If I had any concerns/complaints, it would be the Administrative hand off side( payroll, HR, etc). It can be a little confusing when you first start.

I would 100% recommend MPS.
Pros
Fast Paced/Growth Opportunities
Cons
Administravive Side
challenging
i prepair and feed children and adults (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 6, 2017
a typical day is a busy day. I have learned how to prepare large amounts of food and serve multiple groups of people. Management could be a little more strict. the work place has some diversity which is good. the hardest part of the job, is making sure everything is prepared correctly, and done on time. The most enjoyable time of the day is the in between times of feeding the children and staff.
Pros
free lunches and the hours
Cons
staff
Fun
Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 13, 2017
Rewarding while challenging and stressful at the same time. Working with youth from different cultures and backgrounds. One can learn gain a lot of knowledge working for mps!
Great first job out of college!
Office/Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2017
Easy job, learn a lot. Small business, of course the employer can't hand out a salary that a big business can. You will learn a lot her, i certainly did.
Pros
Leave on Time
Cons
No big business perks
Working for MPS
Telemarketing/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2017
It was a good place to work but, had much room for improvement. I learned how to handle the sales aspect even though I was just a telemarketer I was given opportunities to go out on the sales call I scheduled to gain more experience. That was a great part.

I then because of my success became more involved in sales and telemarketing supervisor unofficially.

Culture was good, hardest part getting sales to keep appointments.
Good place to work good benafits
Welder/Fabricator lead person and Forman (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Va Grandby street N. Each personFebruary 17, 2017
Good place to work and learn new skills.Good pay bonus each year.Good Forman and plenty of tools to work with.good safty and safty training.Donuts and subs a lot.heated a good in the winter and hot in the summer.best years of my life couldn't ask for a better place to work
Pros
Free coffee nice lunch Rooms best years of my life
Misguided
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 15, 2017
Instead of really solving the education problem, they choose to overload the employees with useless tasks. Like making sure that your summary is over 150 characters.
Exciting place to work
Bilingual Secretary (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 2, 2017
I greet parents and visitors as they come in to our school. Answer all incoming calls. Distribute mail as needed. Take attendance for the school and take care of any transportation issues that may arise. I input any changes of student address or phone numbers into our data base. Everyday is enjoyable because you never know what type of day it will be.
productive workplace
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Orange, VAJanuary 4, 2017
ok great co workers easy to get along with work early morning learned how to scan pick pack sort package's management was great
Work with excellent, dedicated colleagues.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2016
An excellent opportunity to work with some of the most qualified people in the field. You learn how to work with students, parents, and administration to provide an educational setting that develops character and strong achievement. The hardest part of the job is working with difficult student behaviors that arise from a lack of sufficient budgeting and funding. New technology and textbooks are long over due. Enough for every student please.
Pros
Challenging, fast paced work environment.
Cons
High stress affects health and well being.
the workplace is ok
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 28, 2016
is waterblasting debris removal laborer jobs foreman are cool and co workers are great team atmosphere the hard part is climbing in and out of confined space and most enjoyable seeing the job get finished
Pros
get overtime pay after 8hrs
Cons
dirty work environment