MPW Industrial Services

MPW Industrial Services Employee Reviews

Always room to learn
Technician (Current Employee), Gaston, NCJune 9, 2015
Great company to work for. Pay could be more but thats any job. Hate the traveling situations. Not alot of advancement but its numerous things to learn within this company.
.............OK
Superintendent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 11, 2015
Good company focused on safety. Schedule gets crazy due to nature of the business. Great company for Entry Level Professionals.
Face paced and low pay.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Dravosburg, PADecember 29, 2014
Theres so much to learn with this company. They take the time to train there people. If you are a self motivated person this job is a great place to start a professional career.
Hot and Black
Technician (Current Employee), Middletown, OHSeptember 8, 2014
When arriving to work I attend a daily safety meeting. To discuss what our safety goals are everyday. Then proceed to our job for the days location. I am Currently working in the Coke Plant cleaning the coal belts. The hardest part of my job is having to work with a Respirator mask. This mask makes my job difficult because it is harder to breathe. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is for the most part set hours.
horrible
Technician (Current Employee), Dravosburg, PASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: traveling to different states
Cons: no immediate perdium
hard work low pay,machines and support vehicles are barely operatable,you can do very good at the job and youre lucky if you get a thank you or pat on the back.poor management the only thing they care about is if the job is done and the money.negativity all around. the hardest part of the job would be minimal help some jobs are very physical and require a big crew and you can end up with only 3 people. the only enjoyable part of the job is traveling and perdium although you have to wait for pay day to get it and if you dont have money to eat on and youre unable to go they will keep you off the schedule for awhile.its hard to get fired because they just wont work you and force you to quit so you are unable to collect unemployment if needed. it is in no way shape or form a suggested job for ANYBODY except if you just got out of high school and simply need some type of job.
Industrial cleaning company
Senior Dispatcher & Logistics (Current Employee), Dravosburg, PA 15034August 22, 2014
typical day is 8-12 hours, then on call at home 24/7. I learned a lot about a role as a dispatcher. The management, other than H.R, was very sneaky and deceiving. They bring you in with a basket of promises, and give you a basket of dirt to show appreciation for all of your hard work. Management & co workers here, will toss you under the bus & pass the buck every chance they are given. the hardest part of the job, is seeing how they treat their backbones. The most enjoyable part is getting to know all of my laborers & techs.
This is a Company that requires the utmost of time and attention
Account Manager and Project Leader (Former Employee), Hebron, OHJune 18, 2014
MPW is a company that requires a lot of its employees, in essence MPW becomes your life.
Very good Employer
Technician (Former Employee), Hebron, OHJune 5, 2014
Routine work every day and learn to work with a team with good management and nice people to work with but the hardest part of the
work is it comes to dip cleaning. Breaks are most enjoyed.
Company with potential
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Hebron OHJune 3, 2014
Cons: many
Company needs to re-evaluate the mananagement guidelines and really figure out why they have such an extremely high turnover rate.
Wouldn't Recommend
Tech 3 (Current Employee), Essex, MDMay 19, 2014
The schedule is very inconsistent, so you never really know when there is going to be work or not. The management does not care for the employees, and the pay is way below competitive. The co-workers for the most part are alright to deal with but there is a lot of politics with this job.
Three stations that come together to make four products. Those four products create city water into deionized water.
Technician (Former Employee), Newark, OHApril 26, 2014
Pros: getting trucks loaded and golf outings.
First, you attend a safety meeting. Second, you go to your work station, do your job, and update other employees what you need to complete the job or vice versa. Finally, you update the next shift where you left them in the process, in an end of the day safety meeting. Most of the co-workers advised me of potential hazards and worked well as a unit.
Just not for me anymore
FIELD TECH (Current Employee), variousApril 11, 2014
Pros: paid travel time, decent wages, potential to make a lot of money
Cons: extremely erratic hours, staying out of town
I am currently a Field Tech at MPW Industrial Services. We are contractors who go in industrial plants such as steel mills, power plants and so on and clean them. I did learn a lot here; I learned how to operate some of the heavy equipment like our vacuum trucks and waterblasters, and I learned how to drive a standard transmission vehicle.

Most of the people that work here are great to work with. Teamwork is essential in this line of work and it's a great day when everyone works together to find the easiest and safest way possible to do a job. I've been doing this for a while and I enjoy when – more... I'm being counted on to do a job and when someone in supervison looks at it and tells me I did my job well.

The job can can be hard at times... sometimes something doesn't go right, or we're under a lot of pressure to get something done quick, or sometimes the job is just plain hard. It can be a very dirty job too... especially steel mills, I've been in all sorts of grease pits. The work never bothered me though.

I am now in a committed relationship and have a family of my own and this job just doesn't work for me anymore. The hours are erratic... I never know when I'm working, where I'm working, how long I'm working for or when I'm coming home. I can make 800 dollars one week and nothing the next. I need something that's going to be a stable source of income, and something where I can just go to work and come home every day. – less
just a paycheck
Operator/ Crew Leader (Current Employee), Middletown, OHMarch 19, 2014
very demanding work enviornment.work is dependant on customer needs.
Very hard place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee), Hebron, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Work was hard and hours were long. Working with dangerous chemicals for not a lot of money.
High stress environment
CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Hebron, OHFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: great hours, but long
dealings with individuals from all walks of life, everything from angry to highly satisfied with the type of work.

Management not so good,
No chance of planning anything ever
Plant Technician (Current Employee), Port Arthur TXFebruary 9, 2014
Cons: working here.
If you enjoy not being able to make plans for the weekend because you do not find out whether or not you're working the weekend until friday.

If you enjoy being over utilized and underpaid then this is your place.

There is no incentive to work hard, because the weekend work will persist.

Low pay is their way because they do not take into account the area in which you live in.

There is a 97% turnover rate, meaning that 97% of employees that get hired end up leaving.

The work is not hard but monotonous, and mind numbing.
productive
Vacuum truck supervisor (Former Employee), Narrows, VAFebruary 7, 2014
hard dirty job ,not very good pay , no training. management not very good
A day working for MPW
Full Time Technician (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: good breaks, treated good and your own work orders
Cons: bad benefits
Working at MPW consists of cleaning, maintaining and keeping the factory in running shape. Such as keeping the equipment clean and in running shape to maintain production.
great hours and people
Maintenance (Former Employee), East Liberty, OHNovember 19, 2013
Nice place to work and very flexible. Not a super physical job.
Interesting Place to Work
Logistics (Former Employee), Hebron, OHOctober 25, 2013
Days typically lasted 10-16 hours. Coordinated last minute priorities and helped account, branch, and district managers plan and resource their requirements

MPW Industrial Services Salaries