MPW Industrial Services Employee Reviews

mpw middletown
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHApril 18, 2017
under pay, over work, cant trust management to give you promised and earned raises. high insurance. little growth.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Pros
close to home
Great company
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYApril 11, 2017
I also loved working for this company but again they left this area when they were at AK Steel and I had to be laid off, never knew when I was going to be working or laid off. Trying to get away from this type of work,
Difficult, dirty work for low pay.
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 7, 2017
Wearing a respirator and cleaning paint booths for $10/hr. The chemicals you have to stand in eat away at your boots and the smells are horrible. The work environment is humid, stuffy, and you have to wear full slean suits, gloves, boot and head covers. I sweat a gallon every day. Miserable.
Pros
Honest work
Cons
Short breaks, not accountability for others who don't work
great employer
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 20, 2017
Lots of internal advancement opportunities. Great place to work. friendly, overall a good experience. I would recommend working here if you have the opportunity,.
great company
enviromental and industrial specialist (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHMarch 20, 2017
only problem i had was when i got sick on the job i went to a doctor i refused workers comp but the doctor said to take a few days off even with the documentions i still lost my job and it was my favoriate
operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAMarch 4, 2017
Great work environment. Payed good very well educated and great training. Many benefits of working there plus great crew trainers.
Very safe company, well trained,
Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHFebruary 21, 2017
I like working here, I work with some great people who also love there jobs. Training is up to date and well done. We have become a very safe company using automated technology to eliminate hazards that our workers would normally be exposed to.
It was a very diverse but very dangerous work enviornment.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, OH 44707February 21, 2017
I liked the work I was assigned to , I liked the people I worked with, We were always doing something different, and travelling. The job over all just didn't pay that well.
Productive work environment.
Industrial cleaning technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 18, 2017
Nice place for entry level warehouse/light industrial workers to learn basic plant safety and skills. Inside the BMW factory so a very detail oriented job.
okay company
Fab Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I think this company is a good company to work for but the management is made up of a bunch of idiots and they waste a lot of money. It is a fairly fast environment and takes getting use to.
Cons
healthcare and management
Industrial cleaning
Technician (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 2, 2017
Cleaning paint booths in plastics department on weekends and two days threw out the week pulling parts for the water blaster and doing whatever else they need me to do.
Not a good place to work
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2017
When first got hired they follow you in the bathroom for a second drug test stand and watch you I work crazy shift managerment was not the best they could not keep workers,Sometimes workers would leave at break would not come back are take extra long on breaks,I not saying it is the company it is mostly the mangement it really not together overall it was not that bad some night we did a little more work than others but that is all jobs I guess. That is all I have to say if you need a job it OK but not the best.
Pros
Breaks ok
Cons
Sometimes short of help
i didnt care for the job
Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJanuary 31, 2017
The day would consist of watching timers and switching hoses to different tanks. It was boring and your inside all the time. Didn't care for it.
Good job if you find right fit
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to work a lot of room for advancement and promotions. They have plenty of room for advancement and are very safety oriented overall good quality job
Pros
Good hours quick advancement
Cons
Management issues at certain locations
Industrial cleaner\ inspecter (Former Employee) –  East Liberty, OHJanuary 26, 2017
Repeatedly doing the same thing over and over on shut down days was industrial cleaning it was much better working in that . But management was good overall and help at all cost .
MPW Management
Midwest EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Great atmosphere and associates to work with. High turnover rate based on the companies inability to stay with one direction. Managers are expected to to perform duties outside their scope and to focus on the bottom line over moral standards. Safety is preached however when questioned about concerns either shuffled aside or the person who tries to improve is removed from position. For a person who has passion to do the right thing and looking for structure of a sound company built on Safety and Performance, performance is the only concern here.
Pros
Company benefits were top of the class.
Cons
Time for a home life is thin and constantly on the go or living in hotels.
other employees were not welcoming
industrial cleaning (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 18, 2017
no room for advancement and because i worked for MPW for Toyota they could cancel contract with MPW at any time, so no job security. didnt feel like my job was secure. My co workers did not show me or other employees exactly how to do their desired tasks. which was concerning and unfair.They run on a point system and after so many points you were fired they went thru many employees because this point system was handed out not on a individual basis. (example: even though i had a dr.'s excuse i was still given a point) and after 9 points you were let go reguardless of how long you worked there
Pros
nice break rooms
Cons
not team environment
Relatively clean work environment good work crew
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  50321 e. Russell SchmidtJanuary 16, 2017
It's a pretty good place to work although they did have some areas that needed improvement but as a whole it was a decent job and there was never an issue with anyone during my time of employment
Pros
Paid holidays, holiday parties and giveaways
Cons
Short breaks, not too willing to give raises
Lot of favortism
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 13, 2017
Running equipment was fun even though it was hard to get things fixed on the equipment, management is full of snakes, most co-workers we good guys, working over time got old, operating the equipment ws fun when it worked properly
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
Favoritism
No job security also management is terrible. Steubenville branch is a joke!
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHDecember 12, 2016
The only good thing about MPW is they will hire Class A driver's right out of school where other companies won't. I work there for 2 years. This place will promise you the world. You will get hours when you 1st start but then work will slow down and your lucky if you even work a hour a week. They also have supervisors that have no experience and are right out of high school. Also no room for advancement at this company. Nobody works as a team. It's a dog eat dog company. No paid holidays...no raises...or vacation time!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPW Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9