MPW Industrial Services Employee Reviews

Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 6, 2018
MPW is a wonderful place to work.... If one puts the effort in and comes to work on a daily basis advancement is easy to obtain. The wages aren't the best but the environment and easy going nature of the company out weights that. Benefits aren't the best but its better than nothing.
Productuve
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Just do what they say very slow paced mainlyn but hehe those high paced day you mainly sweep and clean on third shift which, I worked nights are long.
Cons
Short breaks long nights
Everyone wants to be the boss
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2018
Everybody wanna be your boss nobody wanna help you work Poor communication for everything A lot of the equipment is old specially in the Cleveland branch
Poor management
Bobcat/forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Manager was an ex con for manslaughter, was only out for a year, and thought he owned Everyone, Money was good if the hours were offered, you always are walking on egg shells
Pros
Money if hours were there
Cons
Overall environment, management, always on call
Wonderful place to work, wiuld recommend to anyone
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Great company to work for would go back in a heart beat! Great staff! Good jobs get to explore and drive out of town to do jobs, get complimented on good work done! Just overall a good company
Pros
Good jobs, great coworkers
Cons
Horrible conditions, really dirty clothes
Keeps you busy, Poor planning.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 18, 2018
Consisted of setting equipment up, Getting job assignments and Going to complete task.
I learned how to paint, and run a 20k pressure washer; Blaster.
Management was good, they did not take into consideration their employees time and work into their work day.
Hardest part of the job was completeing the task of the day in the hours were giving to do so.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people were good and everyone worked hard as they possibly could.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Time management
Your just a number
Technician (Former Employee) –  Century aluminumJanuary 17, 2018
They will promise the world but won't deliver. Employees most of the time have to provide their own gloves and if you work night shift you ALWAYS provide your own flashlight and batteries out of your 11 dollars per hour. Seniority means nothing at MPW. AS in my case I was moved to night shift from days even though I had seniority on New guys getting to stay on days. I did good work there but I wasn't in the right click at Century Aluminum in Hawesville. If you want desperately need a job they will work for you but I'd keep looking for something else
Pros
Its a job
Its a job
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job is the emergency call in work and never knowing if you are actually going to be able to enjoy your days off or not. The company has an excellent executive staff.
Decent people, Good hours, very hard work and low pay.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 9, 2018
I'd go to the office where we'd have our meeting then to my janitors closet and start cleaning my area that needed to be cleaned which we're the upstairs cubicles, offices and the bathrooms. I learn't how to use certain cleaning supplies the right way and manage my time wiser. There we're a lot of snobby people but also some really nice respectful people. The managers/supervisors and bosses we're all very well maintained, respectful and responsible. The work was very hard at times and I don't mind hard work but for the right price. The pay just isn't worth it at all.
Pros
good lunch break, great leads/supervisors
Cons
short breaks, low pay
traveling and opportunity for advancement
Water Technician (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 8, 2018
Good place to work with great benefit, even though benefits are not affordable. This job offers plenty of overtime and opportunities to travels I would recommend this job to family and friends.
Pros
401k, healthcare benifits, plenty overtime great people
Cons
unpredictible hours, long shifts
none at this time
Team Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCDecember 29, 2017
My review in the first section covers all of my employment histories. I enjoyed my position at this company because I was given a list of daily tasks to perform and I made sure it was completed to the best of my ability.
The job is not worth having
Industrial water (Former Employee) –  Port, OKDecember 19, 2017
No wrk and poor management and the people there are whack. Druggies everywhere. Its hard manual labor. Nobody has any reapect. Overall garabage. They care about the ads kissers and that is is.
Pros
Alot of days off
Cons
No money
Horrible place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHDecember 12, 2017
If you’re thinking about applying here, save yourself the trouble. They use and abuse you with no rewards. Promised pay raises that never come. Horrible company.
Pros
Overtime after 8 hours.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Awful Company
Vallourec Star operations contractor (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 28, 2017
I was hired on with MPW to be a material handler at the steel mill in Youngstown. I started at $12.50(the same rate the unskilled janitors made).

The actual job wasn't bad. It was an interesting experience working in a very high tech steel mill, however the actual good parts of the job, had nothing to do with MPW.

The steel mill I was a contractor through seemed like they had my back and were really devoted to training and safety, they were always there to answer any calls or questions. MPW however, was nearly impossible to get a hold of. I had to wait 5 weeks for my first paycheck, and I only got one because I filed a formal complaint with the steel mill against MPW.

They hire on a lot of drug addicts. I saw easily 20 people come in just to fail their drug tests, or wreck something when they came in high or drunk. I also was expected to purchase my uniforms from MPW and pay for laundering (they never did laundering of uniforms.)
I eventually talked to the mill directly and got uniforms from the steel mill, as they knew MPW didn't even remember I was there. (I had 1 set of too large overalls, for 6 weeks despite being promised week 2 I would get proper ones).

The other contractors at the mill would make no less than $18, MPW paid all of $12.50, and then would happily dismiss the good employees while keeping the questionable ones.

Don't waste your time with MPW.
Pros
Contracted for a wonderful company
Cons
MPW itself was a joke
Ok company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Hebron, OHNovember 27, 2017
To many rules to be an industrial company like having a shaved face to work at power plays when we are just temp and the actual people that work there that makes the big bucks didn’t have to
Benefits
Cons
Benefited
Sometimes it fun
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaston, NCNovember 25, 2017
It's ok at time but the management don't treat the people equal and we have a lot of lack of communication and don't treat the coworkers equal and it can be stressful at times
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
Healthcare, pay rate, coworkers, lack of communication
Long hours, no gratitude
CDL Class A Driver/Equiptment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hebron, OHNovember 24, 2017
You will work whenever and however long they need you. Outside a lot. It's a very thankless place to work, no one will appreciate you or anything you do. You will have no time for a life outside of work and no time for family. If you're lucky enough to be stationed somewhere things may be different, but out of Corporate - nothing has changed or will change any time soon.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Everything else, no sleep
energetic and exciting
Cage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 23, 2017
my job is pretty much the same daily. Some days my work is at a slow pace and some are back to back things to do. Management can have their good and bad days which is normal in every work place. The co workers are fun to work with. I love the hours that I work now. The hardest part of any job is not knowing what type of attitude anyone would have. therefor you just have to do your job and not let anyone or anything change your character.
Not a place to start a career
Technician (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MINovember 21, 2017
I'm actually happy I'm not working their I can breath better my head doesn't heart anymore I feel good.I loved my job but they never notice their hard workers so it was time to leave.
i was learning new things almost everyday
Waterblasting Tech (Former Employee) –  Steubenville, OHNovember 1, 2017
i have worked for M.P.W before i ended up leaving because it had got slow at the time was'nt very much work so had to find another job but all in all i enjoyed working
Pros
pay was good got to travel
Cons
it gets a little rough when things slow down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPW Industrial Services. Our community is ready to answer.