Mr. Appliance Employee Reviews

Owner only cares about money!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, WVSeptember 3, 2017
When I was hired, the owner said if I had any problems, questions, or concerns to feel free and tell him. Got to the point I asked a question, he didn't like my question, called me a whining baby and then fired me.
Cons
Owner sucks
Promises of benefits health insurance 401k and advancement,
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sutton, MAAugust 21, 2017
Having to deal with dissatisfied customers waiting weeks for Repairs to be completed was a big issue.
health insurance and 401k promised but not provided.
Pros
Interaction with happy customers.
Cons
Difficulty having to deal with upset customers due to long waiting periods to complete repairs.
Service
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 1, 2017
Young manager with little to no people skills, Mostly concerned with numbers and not quality. If you can sale parts and convince customer's to repair equipment that needs to be replaced. Then you can make it.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Poor management
Technician
tech (Current Employee) –  MDJune 4, 2017
Receive work orders, go to calls, diagnose problems. Repair the non working appliance, offer customer service on other appliances they may have trouble with, provide superior customer service.
fun
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Linden, MIMarch 14, 2017
good place to work, nice people. Always home at a decent hour. Family oriented and very creditable. They are willing to train the right person. .....
Mr. Appliance is a great place to work. The owner is extremely nice and hard working. The company wants to grow, and for the workers to be apart of it
Mr. Appliance of Southbay and Longbeach - Intern (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CADecember 10, 2016
Mr. Appliance is a truly exceptional franchise. Working for MRA is like being part of a family. I would highly recommend applying. The company wants to grow with the people working for them.
bad managment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2016
bad company to work for. didnt care about me or my family. only numbers. makes u feel like you are just another number. the more you give at that company the less u receive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad managment
Fun and demanding workplace
Appliance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 24, 2016
A typical day of working at Mr. Appliance was keeping busy, going to a customers home for ease or repair for both customer and employee, customer interactions were special and the look on a customers face when the appliance was repaired and working properly was heart lifting.
I learned so much about different appliances, different diagnostic techniques, how to easily repair almost any issue that arose.
Mr.Appliance was under new management/ownership at the time of my employment and they had a huge learning curve about employee treatment and needed more knowledge about actual appliance repair.
My fellow technicians were amazing to communicate with and work with, all their techniques and tools were fun to emulate into my own work.
The hardest part of the job was the 2 hour commute to and from home but the most enjoyable part was the look of a completely satisfied customer.
Pros
Excellent team work, communication and benefits
Cons
Long commute
Great company in Birmingham
Appliance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2016
Fast growing due to quality customer service. Great company to work for. They are second to none in the Birmingham market
Pros
Customer Service and family oriented
Mr. Appliance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 13, 2016
This job was a great opportunity to help a new business develop from Day1. I enjoyed working one-on-one with the customers over the phone and with the technicians.

A typical day at work involved balancing the handling of incoming calls with the processing of the day's jobs and other follow-up work required. I enjoyed the challenge of scheduling the service appointments in the best manner possible given the customer location and technician requirements.

We worked with many manufacturers to perform appliance warranty service and each company had different procedures. It wasn't always easy to work with these manufacturers but we valued this work because it helped to keep the technicians busy, and it kept me on my toes.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when a customer would thank me for the service that I provided.
Decent Place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, NHSeptember 25, 2015
Owners were nice, techs were easy to work with. Not a bad place, relaxed. Work at your own pace. The job needs to pay better.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Pay
Great place to work and learn!
Appliance Repair Technician/Office IT Tech (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 22, 2015
I have been with Mr. Appliance for 6 months now and can tell you that for a small business, this is a great place to work! I came in with no experience and learned a lot just from working here. Everyone works together as a team and are very positive and optimistic. My supervisor is a great guy with a lot of patience who really cares about his employees and it shows! Overall Mr. Appliance is the best place you can work at and learn!
Pros
Great pay, freedom to work on your own, and travel!
Awesome
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, room for advancement, benefits available. Very family oriented and employee friendly. Work schedule very conducive to productivity.
Productive work place
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 17, 2015
Always steady, learned a lot about how appliances work and what the parts do. Family owned business, small got along with everyone.
productive company to work for
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLAugust 5, 2014
i usually am on my own, i receive my work orders in the morning from the office, pick up parts if needed and start my day. Great company, no problems with anyone, and good hours.
Pros
company car, company phone.
Cons
no benefits
Ok
Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago areaDecember 17, 2013
Working with customers is the best part of this job. You are constantly learning to keep up with the latest appliances. The demands on techs can be overwhelming at times. This is a somewhat low paying job for the amount of responsibility. There is no type of health care available from a multi million dollar franchise. Think this would be a good job for someone that is single or semi retired. It's unfortunately just a pay check. No other type of benefits what so ever.
Pros
Working with customers.
Cons
Low pay no benefits
A Great Place To Work For
Appliance Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 20, 2013
I learned how to troubleshoot and repair Appliances.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to repair a customer's appliance, it was a pleasure to make them feel happy.
Driving and Repairing
Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 15, 2012
Troubleshooting
New products
Good
Good
Angry customers
Troubleshooting
Pros
take van home
Cons
rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Appliance. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval