Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Great job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2017
Great people,I would still be there, But I moved back to Michigan.I learned a lot in a fast paced environment.I also specialized in hot water tanks through this company.
always something new
Plumber Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, MSDecember 4, 2017
Never got to the commission side of the company, got paid one flat rate, no matter how many hours worked, got money taken from your pay for no reason.
Pros
travel
Cons
no time and a half after 40
Great workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 4, 2017
Mr. Rooter has a fantastic staff, and some great plumbers. They are currently understaffed for plumbers, which is why I was laid off. Other than that, it is a friendly and fair environment
Do not work here!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 26, 2017
The owners have no idea how to run a company!! There are no set policies and employees are treated differently. The “mr rooter way” is NOT done here!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Good Starting Point
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAOctober 23, 2017
This company provided a place to learn plumbing skills, but with no room for advancement it is necessary to move on. Positives include freedom in completing jobs.
Pros
freedom
Cons
low pay no structure
It was an experience
Plumbers Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
It was an experience for me, we dug most of the day for sewer lines, gas lines and lateral lines doing repairs daily. some days were good and some were bad because we worked in the rain....the hardest part was digging around boulder rocks which I did not enjoy but you do what you must do to make a living.
Good Workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 31, 2017
Very good place to work besides the pay fluctuates too much from salary to commission to hourly. Choose not to discuss issues or anything negative about the company.
Pros
Uniforms and Bonus
Cons
Low Hours/ Management issues
great place to work, just needs new office staff
Repair technician (plumber) (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXAugust 24, 2017
Good work hours, good percentage, great on call incentives, personable new owner that has it designed for the technician to succeed. Viscious and catty office staff that will run off techs with their insufferable cliquish behavior and pettiness. If you are not one of them, prepare to starve
Pros
Great hours, probably the best commission based plumbing company.
Cons
Worst office staff in the universe. It doesn't get worse than that.
Good company with changing needs
IT Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 19, 2017
With Mr. rooter I was able to support an already setup network for the beginning and then we moved locations and I built a new server and network. Also installed security camera system
Pros
good guys to work with
Cons
barely enough work for 1 tech after everything was setup
the office is nice and has a tv for lunch.
Plumbing Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 4, 2017
the work is exciting and meaningful. there is a lot to learn for the work involved. the work can be hard but also fun. I like getting to know new customers everyday which is part of the work itself. the different styles of work we do is worth learning.
Pros
good pay, hour vary, fun atmosphere
Cons
no benefits, no pto, on call nights and weekends
Horrible place to work for Management sucks!!!
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 18, 2017
The owners micro manage every little thing. Employees are unable to make decisions on their own without feeling like management will run them down. They try to bribe people with good pay and good benefits but it is a coverup. It is another way of controlling their employees. As owners they should be handling important issues not worrying about lunch schedules, how about you allow your office managers to do their jobs.
Pros
good pay
3-1/2 years as a service plumber
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bunnell, FLJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed most of my job. In the begining , I enjoyed the satisfaction of helping my customers when they had an emergency. I worked long hours and days at a time . The pay was comision so some times i made a lot and others not so much. Mr Rooter owners had 4 offices along the florida coast. Sometimes I would have to drive to other locations when the staff was short or my technical skills were needed. I didnt like the extra hours i had to put into it and not getting compensated. In comisions there are no absolutes. The company had many ethnic groups and we all become a big family. Every job was different . The situations, people and locations always changed. I enjoy the challenges that would arise in the diagnosing.
Pros
The next job could pay your whole weeks check.
Cons
You could work all week and make a small check
Mr. Rooter Plumbing
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  NHJune 1, 2017
I have been here 2 years now. I must say the owners (husband & wife) are very caring, upbeat, fair, friendly & easy to work with. They are very good to all the staff and they take care of them. The stress level is very low here. The work is balanced but can be fast paced at times. The pay is very good! The owners believe if they take care of the staff the staff will take care of them (the business) and it works. Time off is never a problem when needed (doctors appts, school meetings, game practice, vacations, etc) they understand family is 1st. I am so happy to be working with such kind people and that includes all staff.
Pros
Pet friendly office I take my dog with me to work
Cons
I can not think of one bad thing!
Terrible
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 7, 2017
The boss was a terrible man. And the work and hours was just as bad. I'll never recommend anyone too work for the Mr rooter in fredrick, the boss ruins the job
Mr. Rooter has great training and a great working environment.
Apprentice Plumber (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 5, 2017
Good environment and good people. Great opportunities to learn new skills. Plumbing companies do more than just unclog toilets. That's why I enjoy working here. I learn new things every day.
Pros
training, good people
Cons
not enough hours
Management all the way to the owner does not care
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 27, 2017
No family life overworked just didn't care about you as a person for your family hostile work environment upper management would threaten you expected to work all day and be on call at night
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Hardly any breaks getting threatened by upper management
Great Place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 21, 2017
Work vans range from new to very old with 300k miles, Work environment is really good if you dont mind getting really dirty daily. Their is a lot of driving w/ a short trailer, and heavy lifting.
Pros
Tons of work
Cons
Work gets very slow in the winter months
good franchise, excellent mgt. team
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Veradale, WAMarch 14, 2017
Good mgt. team, employee friendly, compassionate owners, very good trainining. Techs are very knowledgeable and easy to work with. Also fun people, quite comfortable atmosphere.
Pros
nice office.
Cons
slow computers
The job itself was enjoyable
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Millersburg, OHMarch 10, 2017
You would work long days and was often was called in to work in middle of the night. The pay was below average and it was difficult to get a raise no matter how hard you worked.
Cons
Overworked and underpaid.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 9, 2017
I only worked at this company for a short time and left due to needing a larger pay, overall my experience there was wonderful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9