Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

the people that i worked with made the job better
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 30, 2017
I was on service call which I got to experience ever side of plumbing. We would start at the shop and then go out to calls throughout the day. I was a helper. Management was good but sometimes they left you to handle things unless they needed to step in. They wanted to keep use as busy as possible. I loved the people I worked with. The hardest part was not being able to lift heavy things.
Pros
I had alot of hours which gave me good money coming in
Cons
dealing with filthy situation or customers that dont understand the job trying to keep them happy
Cost Control
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 19, 2016
The hardest part about this job was keeping an eye on cost control. Mistakes were made regularly (making the wrong drink or preparing food wrong) mistakes had to be corrected so that would result in throwing product away. It was a very fast paced job. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put skates on and deliver customer orders even quicker.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  8200 East Pleasant Valley RdAugust 16, 2016
Mr. Rooter had no room to move up and very little employee appreciation. We only had one day off a year and we didnt even get paid for it. If you did anything above and beyond you would not be recognized for it. Management is terrible. They leave early and provide little help. If you asked for a raise you wouldnt get it but the whole entire office would somehow find out that you asked for one---no employee confidentiality.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No employee appreciation, no room to move up, did not feel important to them
Hard work for skilled technicians.
Plumbing Technician (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 11, 2016
This place is filled with hard working men and women. Every day we show up to work hoping for a busy productive day. No hours or jobs are promised and we work on a commission. When it is slow, we don't earn money and when it is busy we come home to our families late at night.
Pros
When it is busy we are payed well.
Cons
When it is busy we come home to our families late at night.
Very Great Leadership
Senior Plumbing Adviser (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 21, 2016
Leadership and communication was excellent. Staff was very helpful. Work was not guaranteed for 40 hours per week. Emphasis on sales was issued. Would still recommend.
best work ever
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Newberg, ORNovember 22, 2016
Great work place, good environment.
All the workers there are great, if you don't have knowledge on how to do something they will take the time and effort to show you how.
Most angry work place
Business Development, Customer Service, Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, NYJuly 12, 2016
A very hostile work environment, with no work life balance. Would work you in the iffice alone for up to 14 hours. No time for unch or even bathroom breaks.
Very expensive benefits, no work/life balance, and the owner treats employees bad
plumber (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 28, 2016
I would have to do a lot of the work myself, because the journeyman he would hire weren't very knowledgable of the work and I got paid way less than them when I was doing the hard labor.
What I learned
Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 23, 2015
I learned a lot working for Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Not only about myself but about the business in general. I learned that I am stronger than I ever thought that I was. I am caring and dependable and I became a huge part of my junior staff's development and made them great at what they do as well. I learned that people promise one thing and not always do they deliver, and that is okay. There are good people in the world and appreciate hard working dedicated people who are willing to give just about anything to better themselves and their companies. I learned that I have a lot to offer a new company as I grow my experience in life,and I cannot wait to see what my bright future holds.
Pros
Excellent Co-Workers
Cons
Policy changes every week when convenient for the owner, No place for advancement
Fast Paced Call Center
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 3, 2016
This is a good company to work for straight out of college. It is very fast paced and a typical day could start as early as 6am. I have gained call center experience and plumbing and septic knowledge. The coworkers are the hardest part of the job.
Decent place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 16, 2015
Working at Mr. Rooter was a bit of a roller coaster. There were plenty of ups and a great deal of downs. If this is what you want to do for the rest of your life it's a great job. Working with technicians is a lot of fun and a great environment. The customers can be irate, but if you keep a level head it makes it a lot easier.
Not a fan of commison base pay.
Service (Former Employee) –  Camp Verde, AZMarch 26, 2016
If a customer didn't want to pay I didn't get paid. Worked plenty of overtime with no overtime pay. Charged way to much for the work being performed.
A family environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILDecember 8, 2015
Working at Mr. Rooter Plumbing has allowed me to use my leadership skills at another level. Being able to implement ideas and programs that are happily accepted by the owner is an extremely important part of my job that allows me to go above and beyond.
Pros
Ability to implement original ideas with no obstacle
Very productive professional enviroment
Plumbing Technician/salesman (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
Company said that they were going to give us calls based on the area we lived, Well living in Fayetteville most of my calls i was sent to Gainsville or further. Also their accounts payable guy would take out money from every plumbing techs paycheck, which cause alot of rage when we were paid, several employees were arrested because of it, I was told it was the main boss causing all of this. I worked in the Roswell location, That location is very strict, and I would not reccomend to try to work there, It was also the location for the TV show "Undercover Boss". After which several people of management almost lost their jobs. The company was going against policy as being a "boot camp ran operation".
Pros
benefits, company truck and gas card
Cons
very far job locations, 60+ hrs a week, a lot of down time waiting for a plumbing call, so a lot of time sitting in truck
get along with co workers and always willing to help out.
Assembly tech. (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 14, 2015
A typical dayat work would be to take pride in my work and perform clean work.I am always willing to learn what I may not have knowledge or skills.I get along with all co workers and if problem where to happen I would bring it to suppers,Attenchen.I am willing to start at the bottom and take on the hardest part of the job.the most enjoyable part of the job would be to have a chance to get my foot in the door and prove my skills.
Cons
willing to work overtime and shifts.
The left hand dont know what the right hand is doing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 23, 2013
I had fun dealing with the customers and some of the techs were a lot of fun to work with. However management sucked and the person who was suppost to be trainning me would come in hours late and only stay for a few hours to get her work done then would leave again. So I had to train myself and hope that I was doing it correctly. I was givin less then a weeks notice that I was going to be laid off due to lack of work.
Pros
Fun customers and techs
Cons
Its hard to get ahold of anyone to answer and questions
Very nice place to work but small and franchised owned
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Holyoke, MANovember 4, 2013
Customer service skills needed to perform all aspects of this job. Need to be able to multi-task while answering the phones and inputting data into the computer data base. Payroll deadline was the hardest part of this job and be able to financially balance all reports. Most enjoyable was interacting with customers and the technicians that you needed to dispatch to get the jobs completed in a proper and timely manner. Everybody has to work as a team player to get the job done.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No breaks, No lunch, and not a very good health insurance policy
Its a job
Receptionist / dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Zumbrota, MNOctober 3, 2013
Schedule and dispatch workers to appropriate locations according to customer requests,specifications, or needs, using pagers or telephones. Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones, pagers or e-mail. Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment, prepare daily work and run schedules and receive or prepare work orders.
Cons
Slow, pay
position included company vehicle and gas per diem
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 19, 2013
The position included anything from a leaky faucet to a backed up main, full use of equipment and knowledge of all policies and procedures, team was average and the hardest part of the position was in some cases not being able to solve the issue in one trip or finding out there was actually more extensive work needed to be done such as digging into a yard, fixing broken drain tiles.
Fun and productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIFebruary 12, 2013
A typical day at work usually consists of answering phones, scheduling appointments, entering in invoices and bills, and lots of customer interaction. All of my co-workers are easy going and willing to help in any way possible. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with people and figure out ways to solve their problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9