Mr. Rooter Plumbing Employee Reviews

Fun,
Appliance Installer (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 16, 2018
I loved installing appliance for mr rooter. I learned a lot I’m the plumbing and electrical trade. It started me on my career path I want to stick to.
My Work day
First Impression Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work can be busy or it can be slow. We still have things to keep us busy. Management are easy to talk to and they have been fair. the work place culture is diverse and everyone gets treated the same. I love the culture. Their is really nothing to hard at work when things do get a little complicated there is always someone there to help. the most enjoyable is I love the people and I love the job as a part time job for myself.
Pros
Free lunch, you can where jeans, and you get nice shirts and sweaters and hats.
Cons
I wish part timers could get pto or some vacation time
Absolutely the best company i have ever worked for one of my biggest mistakes was leaving Mr Rooter
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 16, 2018
im in the process of trying to get hired on with another franchise I was the tech that operated the van with the chrome package on the old pricing menu guide!
Pros
Bonuses from the owner to the shop helper you felt like u belonged
Cons
Having to leave
Great job
Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2017
Great people,I would still be there, But I moved back to Michigan.I learned a lot in a fast paced environment.I also specialized in hot water tanks through this company.
Was an okay place to work
Jet Driver (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 13, 2017
This was a great job I loved working there. The only thing I didn't like was the false promises of promotions and moving up. That is why I left there.
good labor trade to learn
Plumbing technician (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 8, 2017
while working with this company I learned great skills in the plumbing industry that can carry over into my personal and professional life. I had experienced many different situations while with this company and they all have molded me.
always something new
Plumber Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, MSDecember 4, 2017
Never got to the commission side of the company, got paid one flat rate, no matter how many hours worked, got money taken from your pay for no reason.
Pros
travel
Cons
no time and a half after 40
Poor training/high expectations
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2017
Being a CSR for Mr Rooter was a learning experience, however difficult. They didn't fully explain the scope of duties or train me to fulfill them so most of the job was getting yelled at for not knowing things I wasn't trained for. Poor management expected 6 days a week part time- barely any days off and never any overtime or bonuses, even when I sold multi-thousand dollar estimates to clients. Owner would mark up cost of materials to short the plumbers' paychecks which I was calculating. High turnover.
Pros
Desk job
Cons
everything else
Easy Job
Underground Infrastructure Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 6, 2017
This job was not very challenging. The worst part of the day was trying to figure out if I was going to be working or not and then never knowing when I was going to get off.
Great workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Napa, CANovember 4, 2017
Mr. Rooter has a fantastic staff, and some great plumbers. They are currently understaffed for plumbers, which is why I was laid off. Other than that, it is a friendly and fair environment
Plumbing and sewage
Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, ORNovember 1, 2017
The first thing you need to know is if smells bother you this is not the kind of work you need to be doing. It is very satisfying getting something that is not working to work again.
TERRIBLE place to work!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNOctober 31, 2017
The people who work here are in a "good ol' boys" club and keep secrets from the staff (even when it affect them directly). The management is poor at best, telling you one thing and someone who isn't even your manager out ranking them. Such a catty, stressful place.
Do not work here!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAOctober 26, 2017
The owners have no idea how to run a company!! There are no set policies and employees are treated differently. The “mr rooter way” is NOT done here!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Good Starting Point
Plumber (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAOctober 23, 2017
This company provided a place to learn plumbing skills, but with no room for advancement it is necessary to move on. Positives include freedom in completing jobs.
Pros
freedom
Cons
low pay no structure
It was an experience
Plumbers Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 17, 2017
It was an experience for me, we dug most of the day for sewer lines, gas lines and lateral lines doing repairs daily. some days were good and some were bad because we worked in the rain....the hardest part was digging around boulder rocks which I did not enjoy but you do what you must do to make a living.
Do not work here
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2017
Family owned & kid ran. Hours are ridiculous & rules different for each person. Hostile depressing environment, stay as far away as possible!!!!! Seriously long hours, work weekends nights & no set time to leave. Will never see your family & pay for it if u take a day off!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
My boss was the best and I enjoyed my co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 16, 2017
I had a great time working there. My boss was amazing and they payed me good, It was a very relaxing atmosphere to work in. I learned alot working there.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits
Not a good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38134October 8, 2017
These ppl care more about the dogs they bring to work daily with them then they do their employees. The pay is terrible for the amount of work and bs you go through. Unprofessional, no management or direction.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else.
Worked there to help catch them up from poor employees
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fridley, MNSeptember 21, 2017
It's a good company just wrong owners at the time that have moved on, because they could not get back started in the industry and sold the company. Other owners are probably good.
Not the best place
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Not a good experience.
The owner is not an honest man
The culture is unorganized and scattered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9