Mr. Rooter

Mr. Rooter Employer Reviews

Productive and fast Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), OHApril 19, 2014
Pros: good pay and hours
Cons: long drive
Changing Management on a reg basis made it hard to keep up with the job but I learned dispatch .
Ugh! Worst "job" I've ever had.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Macomb, MIMarch 20, 2014
Pros: scheduled hours
Cons: everything
Everything you do is micro-managed...felt like I was on camera all the time, over analysis lead to more errors due to fear of making any errors to begin with. Feel like they did not allow me the job I was brought in to do. Lack of training on invoicing software...you have to use more than just QB.
Oh yeah, they let a single mom go when they found out – more... my resume was posted on line, even though I hadn't decided if I was really looking for a new job, I kept it updated for my own purposes. If I had left I would've given them a two-week notice, I received 2-minutes, if that.
"Family comes first"...only the owners family... – less
nice place to work in the summer
Service Plumber (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2013
Pros: no set time to clock in
Cons: long days
service plumbing, replace a toilet, unclog a bathroom sink, change out a waterheater serviced any problems that dealt with plumbing
Hard work good exercise
Laborer/Plumber's Helper (Former Employee), Napa, CADecember 18, 2013
Prep for assignment, drive to job site, dig, repair, back fill, clean up
Learned how to install a clean out, use a Hilti gun, jackhammer
Management was great
Positive people to work with
Physically demanding
Overtime
great reputation, best in its class of services, competitive to strive for success
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee), CTDecember 10, 2013
Pros: too many to name.
The typical day would be to make it in 15 minutes prior to scheduled time, inspect equipment, inventory, and vehicle, make sure to be well groomed and professional in your uniform, attend morning breakfast/training sessions, get the daily encouragement to stay safe/successful from management and supervisors.
The things I learned from Mr. Rooter is priceless – more... and can never be taken away from me-honor, pride, high self-esteem, professionalism, family values and many other qualities.
Management works to see you succeed and co-workers are there to pick you up and protect one another.
The hardest part of the job was leaving them because of personal circumstances although they were very understanding.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see your accomplishments through the smile of satisfaction from your customers and supervisors. – less
Family Operated
Service Technician (Former Employee), Montrose, COAugust 29, 2013
I would say that most business that are run by family members should be avoided
every day was an experience
Plumber (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJune 26, 2013
receive orders from dispatch drive to residence/commercial go over problems with customer and explain what needs to be done and how much it would take to be repaired .
A nice place to work
Plumber (Former Employee), North Olmsted, OHApril 15, 2013
The owner was very honest and cared about his customers.
Became a Master Plumber while working there.
The hardest part was making your quota for the week.
Fun family owned business
Plumber (Former Employee), Castle Hayne, NCMarch 20, 2013
This job was challenging in the way of time management and customer satisfaction went hand in hand. You would have appointments set up throughout the day and to make those appointments and complete your current job to the customer’s satisfaction were a challenge some days.
management
Plumber (Former Employee), memphisNovember 2, 2012
Pros: i dont work there any more
Cons: you name it
the manamgement does not care about employees at all when i left i dint not receve a last pay check and i found out no one does
fantastic workplace
Accounting/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 15, 2012
Pros: health care, co-workers/owners
Cons: owners kids worked there
this company is a fantastic place to work. i worked there for over 5 years and I loved every day of it. I started off as a dispatcher , answering phones and was quickly advanced into data entry/bookkeeping. This was where I discovered that I loved office work.
Productive work
Licenced Master Plumber (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2012
Pros: all the above
Cons: not enough work
Consulting sales and Quota's.

Inspections, repair and replacement of water heaters.

Faucet repair, tub and shower, water line repair and replacement, new installations, punch out work from start to finish, service calls, sewer lines and diagnostics
Not for me
PLUMBING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: nice van
Cons: your paycheck!!!
I spent more time trying to sell the customer a service plan than actually doing ANY work!!!! my checks were not worth the time and aggravation
It was all commission. I learned a lot about sales.
Plumber (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 29, 2012
Pros: got to take the vehicles home and wait for calls.
Cons: no paid vacations.
Co-workers and the boss Al Coronado were great. They also owned Rainbow carpet.
Horrible workplace
Plumbing Technician/ Installer (Former Employee), Fridley, MNMarch 20, 2012
forced to work every weekend, not compensated for meetings or drive times only for projects done and then comp was regularly reduced. Tools and necessary supplies were rarely working or on hand.
No recognition or incentives
Awesome
Bookkeeper/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 14, 2012
Pros: great people
I enjoyed my time with Mr. Rooter Plumbing/Hy-Pro Plumbing. The staff were wonderful and the management were very understanding. This was a family oriented company and the President understood how important family is. I think I had a great report with customers and vendors as well as all staff.

IT IS A GREAT TEAM OF PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!

About Mr. Rooter

Established in 1970, Mr. Rooter is an all-franchised, full-service plumbing and drain cleaning company with approximately 300 – Read more

Mr. Rooter Photos