Mr. Tire Employee Reviews

Overworked,little pay with lack of management support.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 21, 2017
You are expected to work 10-12hr shifts for 11days every pay period in order to get the salary that is promised to you..if you miss a day of work they will deduct your pay(mind you..you are suppose to be salary) You are pressured into making budget even tho at times you have no techs or managers at the store. When you ask for help or need something distric managers tend to brush you off and not reply till they want to know what the sales were for the day. You are required to lie to customers and charge them 300% mark up on parts and sell them 2-3 year old tires.
Cons
Not a great place to work
Mechanic/Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Camden, DEDecember 21, 2016
I do not really have much to say about Mr.Tire, at the time needed a job they hired me so i took it. Worked there for 3 years no raises were given...
Need to invest in infrastructure
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PaNovember 30, 2016
Like most corp retail stores, upper managers have goals and programs to follow. Yet they seemed to allow the store managers to manage as they saw fit (as long as the store location was performing well, of course) Over all I did like the company, but the facilities I saw did need serious updates. What you project from your location/curb appeal is the clientele that you will bring into your store.
Pros
upper management allowed the store managers to manage.
Cons
Lunch on the go, long hours, out-dated facilities and equipment
Mr Tire
General Manager (Former Employee) –  HunkerMay 23, 2016
Was required most of the time I worked there to be at te shop 70 hours a week there was no work life balance was constantly under pressure from middle management to preform impossible tasks
it is alright
Swing Technician (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 26, 2016
my job is just another day at the shop .. nothing bad to say about it. it is fun at times and not so much with others. I don't really have a lot to say since i am a to my self person.
Mr. Tire is not that great of a company.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMarch 30, 2016
The benefits are not good, customer service is terrible and the do no compensate well at all as far as wages.The company the store did not have that much business and management would pick and choose who gets what jobs on top of getting paid low wages.
Good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 25, 2016
National company. 12 hour work days. Better inventory control. Management was good. Co workers were very good to work with. The hardest part was the 6/5 pay periods.
no real hard parts.
Working with and pleasing the customers
Pros
National Company, job security.
Cons
Not much room to advance.
Mr Tire
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fox Chapel, PAFebruary 14, 2016
It is a full service tire installation facility. I'm not sure what type of review is needed for this. The job is labor intensive and dirty.
Requires restructure
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDJanuary 11, 2016
Hours are long and pay is meager however it is a great learning experience. Technology requires updating and pay structure revised.
Easy to work with
Automotive technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 16, 2015
It was a shop of people easy to get along with, and it paid the bills. Always something new. A place like no other. Locations all over
Pros
It was work
Cons
Company went corporate
Decent experience
Store Manger (Current Employee) –  Maple, OHOctober 16, 2015
Average work week was 6 days 75+ hours upwards to 7 days 90+ hours a week. This is mandatory as current staffing model does not support an increase in staff. Store simply can not be open 7am-7pm 7 days a week with only two key holders and 6 employees total. Did this for multiple years before deciding to move on.

Great coworkers, good pay, and a good experience
Good techs horrible shady management
Technician (Current Employee) –  NcOctober 12, 2015
Long hours management can't schedule appointments and the works load piles up. Most of the people that work there haven't touched a car a day in their lives and all the managers I had were stealing from the company and the till every day
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PASeptember 15, 2015
Great employer offered employee development, great work life balance. New challenges every day, and a great pay for performance compensation plan.
grindhouse
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester OHJuly 12, 2015
Monro is reluctant to give increases and treats its employees and management poorly. They were taking a very short-term view while I was there
Pros
job security, little oversight
Cons
bad corporate culture
Busy day at work, Great customers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, DEJune 22, 2015
Your always busy, great customers. Management leaves something to be desired. Hours are long but can go by quickly. Commissions or bonus not paid on time.
Pros
Earnings potential
Cons
Hours
great work environment
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  mapleshade, njJune 6, 2015
loved the opportunity i had with skilled proffesionals of the trade learned a great deal more about automotive industry
Workable environment.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington Park, MDJune 1, 2015
I learned new things. I feel that the management of the company could have been better. I can say that I will take all the knowledge I learned and use it in the future. My co-workers were friendly and I got along well with every one there.
Overworked and NOT PAID ENOUGH!
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDMay 18, 2015
This company is a monster! They don't care about you as an employee, only numbers! How many cars can you crank out, busting the daily budget. Managers worry about their bonuses and are open about it in front of the technicians in the shop. Some days it can be non-stop in the shop and other days it can be a ghost town. Management has no sense of time and are taking in more cars than there are technicians.

Today was a perfect example of the "Everyday Cluster F***". Myself and two other techs had cars we were servicing. While servicing these cars, the manager walked out with a "Walk In" ticket and realized that we already has cars. Oh yeah, the customer was waiting too. As I stated above, no sense of time.

The store manager at my shop has the "Do as I say, not as I do" leadership style. He constantly critiques our paperwork, asks us if we did something when IT'S WRITTEN ON OUR PAPERWORK and passes his OCD off on us!
Pros
Work on your own car, discounts
Cons
Pay, health benefits, management and work load.
Fast paced, productive sales enviornment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 4, 2015
If you love to work hard, give everything you have and be unappreciated as well as under compensated then this is the company for you !
Pros
Cable television
Good management and a fast paced load as the day moves on
Lube and Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed it and only miss the staff I knew when there.Quality work with the express knowledge of those that await on the finished product
Pros
Quality work and hardworking techs to complete it.
Cons
Cold is not a love of mine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Tire. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5