Mr. Tire Employee Reviews

great place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Blackwood, NJNovember 28, 2017
great place to work. great people and a all around good environment to be in. good management and a great team of people. great hours and respectablecoworkers
it was ok
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 27, 2017
it was like working at any other repair shop. you do your job and you're ok. i found a job closer to my house so i left. the employees and managers were fair.
Pros
didnt stay long
Cons
didnt stay long
great people loved to work with
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 26, 2017
it was a great work enviorment, work on cars and trucks of all different makes and models, somtimes we could work on our own, the shop is always clean and organized.
Fast pased and well compensated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDNovember 5, 2017
If u want to work hard and do a good job then u are compensated well. Work long hours bit worth it with the pay. Compensation for hitting sales goals is very competitive.
Cons
Hours
I enjoyed Mr. tire
Master Auto Technician (Former Employee) –  5208 Military Road Niagara Falls, NYNovember 4, 2017
Mr. tire is a place where employees, management work together to achieve the same goal. If there was a problem another employee would come over to help solve the problem. Mr. tire was more than a job it was like a family. Employees always came to work smiling.
Pros
extended lunches longer breaks
Cons
I was shipped from store to stor to help out the other technicians
terrible
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJOctober 11, 2017
no employee appreciation. always fight for any vacation time or any raises. very unprofessional upper management. never enough work to make any decent hours.
Management car wreck
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 2, 2017
Management is terrible from store level and up. All the employees are constantly trying to stab each other in the back, I've never seen so much drama in a shop before. District/regional managers are constantly flipping the script, you're told to do things one way then the next day you're being reprimanded for doing exactly that. Horrible communication between all parties which creates constant tension in an already hostile work environment. Management is constantly lying about inventory on reports because they're too lazy to do things the proper way or don't care and DM's seem to be in full support of this practice. Work/life balance is non existent as you're typically working 60 hours a week (which management also lies about in order to make the business appear more profitable) and your days off are filled with phone calls asking you to come in.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Management, long hours, poor training, terrible communication, overpriced benefits, unnecessary drama, forged inventories.
Slow days
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DESeptember 21, 2017
You would spend most days waiting for work to come in, then told you need to stay past your scheduled hours for appointments. So you would likely have more like 50 clock hours and not achieve the flat rate hours per week. It is their policy you must stay late if needed. I don't the management really cares, co-workers come back from lunch high. Most of the equipment is worn out or broken, Typical monro company! I worked for them under another brand in New England, company I was very successful with until they bought them out! Don't be fooled it's just about the $$ with these guys.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management, long hours and co-workers using drugs in shop
Quit almost as soon as I started.
tech (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 21, 2017
The employees where pretty trashy and I would have ended up getting in huge confrontation with one or all of them if I stayed. Everyone at that location was already uncomfortable to work with after just a few days because of how annoying and crass they where being. I saw them as childish so I didn't say much the whole time I was there and right before I quit the way they acted to me was pretty lame. It was just sorry. They where pricks and they acted like they where going to fire me anyways just because I wasn't really getting along with them so at the end of the day I don't think I did the wrong thing by leaving. I'm not trying to waste my life working at a no-goals job when I can go to school. Don't work there or at any Mr. Tire.
Pros
No pros, 50 plus hours a week no benefits as a tech, ASE training not likely
Cons
Unethical business practices, Trashy employees, Poorly managed, Long hours for bad pay, Do not work for this company
Mr Tire
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDAugust 24, 2017
Great place to work, enjoyed the employees and customers. I decided to leave the company to pursue different career goals with a larger opportunity for advancement.
don't have any way to stay cool.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 22, 2017
The mornings were not that bad. Later on in the day, it would get really hot and didn't have any way to stay cool. unless you went into the lobby. Manager did a really good job.
Pros
could go into the lobby
Cons
got really hot.
Its ok.
Service/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 26, 2017
This company is notorious for promising you the moon and never delivering. They will say just about anything to get you to transfer to another location yet once you get there, they pretend it never happened. I was told that there are certain days I would no longer have to work, yet 2 weeks into the transfer and I was scheduled on those days. My Market Managers response was, well that's what the job calls for. Not a horrible company unless you have a life outside of work...
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Schedule, benefits, bonuses.
not very good place to work
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 25, 2017
they give you false promises. i was told that i would receive a well deserved raise after 2 years of busting my butt, but nothing happened. while i was there those 2 years they went through 5 store managers and 2 district managers. that is a problem, when they cannot even make their employees happy.
Pros
refigerator
Cons
everything except refigerator
It was a job.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJuly 17, 2017
Job was ok the management is horrible and the pay wasn't great either for all the work that gets done the only good thing about working there was using the lifts and tire machine
Great place to work with friendly people
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 5, 2017
Mr. tire is a fast paced environment were you can learn a lot if you are not familiar with automotive. You will be put in stressful situations were you have to think on your feet and do the best that you know how to provide to the customers needs.
Pros
Good pay, great employees, and able to become a team providing you have the right people.
Cons
High cost in health insurance, constant transfer of stores, stressful enviorment from higher management
N/a
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 20, 2017
Working at mr tire is great . you will learn the field very quickly and be tested often .the only down side is the work / home balance you will work 50 to 60 hours in management if you can get past that Mr tire is a great company to be a part of.
People are great pay rate not so good
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 19, 2017
Ok for beginners to start to get skills up managers are cool down to earth coworkers are fun and will teach if yoir willing to learn . Be prepared for long 50-60 hour weeks
Productive, great work place
Tire Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marquette, MIJune 8, 2017
Good management, good people selling great product. Awesome management to work for, with great discounts all over on parts. Also you do get a better home life.
Pros
Tire discounts, parts discounts
fun
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2017
if you like working on cars, being around customers and other fun and friendly workers then you would like this job. i would suggest having an open mind and want to learn
Enjoyed my time there
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Seaford, DEMarch 27, 2017
I found that the most enjoyable part of this job was making a repair to completion. The work environment was very friendly, but management was questionable at times. I did enjoy working working with my coworkers. In the automotive field, you learn something every day and that is one of the things that I enjoy most about this field.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Healthcare, questionable rules