Mr. Tire

Mr. Tire Employer Reviews

LONG HOURS FOR LITTLE PAY
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), MANY MARYLAND LOCATIONSMay 7, 2014
Cons: expensive healthcare plans, long hours, low pay
TYPICAL WORK DAY IS 10-13 HOURS AT FOR DAILY DRAW PAY.
NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE TECHNIQUES THAT COST THE COMPANY ALMOST NO MONEY INSTEAD ROB STORE MANAGERS OF THEIR BONUSES.
MARKET MANAGERS ARE SELFISH AND COLD.
HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS THE LONG HOURS 55-70+ HOURS PER WEEK.
BEST PART OF THE JOB IS THE CUSTOMERS.
Difficult to have balance.
Assistant Manger/ Service Advisor (Current Employee), Waldorf, MDDecember 28, 2013
A typical day at work is greeting customers, selling (presenting) service and maintenance recommendations, and finally invoicing the customer.

Other duties include managing inventory, keeping the store clean, filing and paperwork, picking up tires and parts as needed, managing your technicians and work flow, along with various other duties.

Management – more... can be tough, depending on what store you work out of. Some managers are a little too high strung, while others are not high strung enough. We recently got a new market manager who is fair but tough. He will correct you when your wrong and can be hard to deal with in the way he speaks to you. He has said he tries to think before he speaks, but from my own experience and the stories from others has a tendency to fly off the handle and has a sharp tongue.

Most coworkers are friendly, though in this market, with the new market manager I have heard a few stories of others being "thrown under the bus." As in any job I would recommend you try your best to not give your coworkers information that may "be used against you" in the future. That is not to say that everyone is untrustworthy, simply to say use caution in the things you say. Many of my coworkers are looking to take a step up, and the consensus in the market is many will step on you to get there if an opportunity presents itself.

The hardest part of this job is being a constant "buzz-kill." You will have to give people information regarding their vehicles that undoubtedly will upset some people. Sometimes a 1500$ car needs 3000$ worth of work. You can try your best to present the information in a way that is not upsetting to your more sensitive customers, but the fact remains, unfortunately, sometimes a customer will cry. That to me is the worst part of the job. I like to make people happy and be helpful, but you have to perform your job duties also.
THIS JOB REQUIRES A LOT OF HOURS! be warned. It is not uncommon to work 60hrs a week.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers. You will eventually have regular customers who only wish to interact with you, and you will enjoy greatly interacting with them. If you do your job right, customers will actually send you Christmas cards! – less
Excellent training of safety in automotive workplace.
Tire Technician (Former Employee), Sharon Springs, KSNovember 22, 2013
Joe knows what he is doing. He and his father make an excellent team.
Productive,enjoy working on cars
Technician (Current Employee), Owings Mills, MDNovember 15, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: insurance plan
Productive, when work was plentiful ,learn to manage time . When work got slow was the hardest part of my job due to recession , unemployment and lack of jobs. The most enjoyment for me was working on cars.
Not the worst
Mechanic (Former Employee), Dunkirk, MDSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: big open shop with plenty of space, nice coworkers, personal use of shop for own vehicles
Cons: work wasn't constant, biased sales people
A typical day at work would consists of spurts of being busy to slow. weeks went by with little to no work. In which cleaning stocking an other duties were exploited. I furthered my knowledge of how to perform the proper maintenance an prevention techniques of many makes an models. Also the use of many tools. Management had hidden agendas. My coworkers – more... were mainly good mechanics for the most part. The hardest part of the job was the what seemed endless hours of waiting an being understaffed due to scheduling issues/preferences. The most enjoyable part were the company discounts. – less
was there 10 long years
Auto Technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 15, 2013
started off here with little exp. but grew as a tech. over time was good exp. but had to move on
Good co-workers
Technician/Service Advisor (Current Employee), Gambrills, MDJuly 26, 2013
long hours 7 day work week. Great co-workers and competitive pay.
Productive and Fun Workplace
General Service Technician (Current Employee), Essex, MDMay 30, 2013
Pros: lunch breaks, discount services, great people to work with, room for career advancement
Cons: short breaks, benefits based on family rates, fluctuations in buisness
Most days at work consist of Oil changes, Tire rotations, Changing tires, Flushes and other miscellaneous services by mileage. Each job is completed in a specific time limit and must retain efficiency and accuracy with every job.

Before this job I knew virtually nothing about vehicles or services by mileage. I learned everything on the spot from starting. – more... I also learned how to work more efficiently with a team and build speed and accuracy when servicing a vehicle. Working for Mr. Tire also refined my customer service skills enabling me to recommend needed service by mileage and lifestyle of the customer. But also to build better proactive communication, improve punctuality, increased multitasking, and strong support systems.

Management is a bit tyrannical but expects the best from their employees and strives to push the employee to their best and to make their hours. Management procures the sales that the Technician recommends.

The co-workers are all great people. I have learned something new from every person I have worked and interacted with in the company. They promote a team and almost a family atmosphere.Working with a good crew, with a challenging job is the most enjoyable part of the day. – less
laid back
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Eldersburg MdMarch 5, 2013
Just to take care of the customer at all cost. Fun environment
managers are very good at what they do
automotive technician (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: fun place to work fast paced at times
Cons: no chance to better self or pay scale
no chance for raises or advancement thats about all i can say
Great company
Shop Foreman ,Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Severna Park, MDFebruary 10, 2013
This company allowed me to further my knowledge of face to face customer service. The management was very willing to train any one willing to grow with the company. I worked with alot of different people while with this company and got along well with them.
The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel hours put in.
This company took care of – more... their employees and made it an enjoyable place to be. – less
Fun place to work, honest reliable employer
Automotive Technician and Maryland State Inspector (Former Employee), Lexington Park, MDOctober 13, 2012
Pros: good wages
Cons: location
a day at work here started and ended with md state inspections.