MRC Employee Reviews in United States

Basic Review
Counter Sales, Warehouse, Yard Loading (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDMarch 14, 2016
Peformed counter sales, loading/unloading of everything inside and out of the shop. Ordered customer parts and parted out tank batteries.
Pros
Learned a vast knowledge on oilfield parts and pipe
Cons
Poorly managed, no advancement, corporate was hard to deal with when it came to ordering parts, had a really broken system of restocking
Busy Workplace
Chief of Staff (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTFebruary 3, 2016
Non stop real estate office with a modern edge. Great place to work and super fun environment. The most modern real estate office in the business hands down.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Hard work-life balance
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2016
The company is fast pace, extremely busy, and people are friendly and helpful. You must be able to solve problems and have great customer service skills.
Pros
pay, pro
Cons
N/a
Review
credit analyst (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJanuary 14, 2016
The job itself was not bad. However, not paid enough for what was expected, doing the job of 2 or 3 people most days and management was poor. It is all about who you know there. Management played favorites and only applied company rules and regulations to some of the department. Always on eggshells and environment was similar to high school.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management and pay
Out going company
Meter/ Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2015
The company is successful and well motivated.
My position is great and interesting. You learn something new everyday.
Pros
company outing
Cons
healthcare
daily routine
admin and finance assistant (Current Employee) –  hargeisaJune 16, 2015
do mostly like other jobs, my co-workers are happy always and friendly, the hardest part of this job is working with the director who is so rude and mostly with bad justice.
the most enjoyable part of my job is when he is away from office feel like I am responsible and its like justice period
very quiet office with little interaction with co-workers.
Corporate Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 3, 2015
Jobs are shaky due to oil and gas industry. Corporate office has relocated to Houston, TX . Employees were not informed of this in advance so many were left without a job.
Pros
Quiet atmosphere
Cons
uncertainy of oil and gas related jobs
Grow
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2015
I loved my job at MRC. Everyone welcome me in and I had the best team I could ever have ...I've learn a bit while I was there and I was at one of the safest site they had for MRC Long story short I am thankful for getting a change to enjoy the experience
new building..good place to work
medication aide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, TXFebruary 10, 2015
MRC is a good place to work. You must come to work and be willing to give 100%. Residents depend on you to meet their needs and you have got to be there for that and no other reason. Co workers are good to get along with. The hardest part of my job is seeing people die,The most enjoyable part of my job is giving a .helping hand.
Pros
working the shift i want
Cons
long shifts, short of help
productive fast paced sales position
inside sales rep (Former Employee) –  gaylord, miNovember 25, 2014
long days of taking job orders, ordering new items and current items.
learned a lot about interpersonal relationships with the customer
Pros
benefits and good pay
Cons
mis managed

Want to know more about MRC?

Ask a question
Leadership is next to NON EXISTENT
Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 19, 2014
I was walking through the warehouse this morning and saw the WORST DISPLAY of professionalism in my life. A manager was ripping into a guy in front of the entire warehouse for something only to find out he wasn't the right person and the manager didn't even know the guys name. The guy said no I'm not that person and the manager didn't even acknowledge his mistake. Leadership is from the top down. If you have no integrity or class as a manager, your production and quality of work will surely suffer....# MANUP
Miserable place to work
driver / warehouse (Former Employee) –  Alva, OKNovember 10, 2014
we worked our butts off from 6 or 7 am to almost 7 pm mon - fri and if you have a family thing come up forget it they won't let you off for nothing if you are young and have a strong back this job is great for you I told the management that my back hurt in the morning by noon I was tightened up so I told them I was going to take the day off they said don't bother coming back in, typical oil field company every one is replaceable attitude long hours, heavy lifting (beyond the lift limit of 70 lbs.) and slam you with work right before quitting time.
Pros
everyday is a workout
Cons
everything else the pay sucks for the work expected
Great place to start!
Technology Services Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 20, 2014
MRC, is a great place for a college grad to start. They have a 70% turnover. Most employees stay under one year. The management is not over friendly. They know that most will be gone soon, so there is not a lot of reason to be friendly.
Pros
great experience
Cons
70% turnover
Real teamwork
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tioga, NDAugust 26, 2014
Must be flexable no two days the same.Customer is king!!! Learned pi[ping specs.Taking care of customers very demanding.Lots of phone calls and direct customer contacts
Pros
great office and wharehouse
Cons
management not good inexpeitendced
building houses
Journeyman 6 (Former Employee) –  Moraga, CAAugust 19, 2014
the hardest part of the job was the hours , i learned management and construction
Decent company before global growth
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2014
Had a great manager who mentored me throughout my career.

Great departmental atmosphere but upper management more concerned with shareholders than employees after going public.
Pros
casual atmosphere, no micro managing
Cons
closing tulsa offices leaving many out of work.
Dnt work here !!!!! management is horrible and so is the pay !!!!
warehouse (Former Employee) –  dallas tx (grand prairie)June 17, 2014
i have been here 4yrs and right now i'm working with the worst management crew i have ever seen in this warehouse !!!!! we are over worked VERY under paid !!! they talk down to u like ur a dog or something on the bottom of their shoe!!!!! they only inforce safety on the people they dnt like to find reasons to write you up.why others can do what ever they want with no issue !!!!!!! if u report any issues to hr they ignore u and ur issues only get worse !!!!!! bottom line unless you like to be over worked very under payed treated unfairly dnt work here !!!!!!!!!!
Pros
no comment
Cons
over worked under paid
Laid-back, Employee Centered Environment
Medical Researcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
This is a great company if you're looking for a lax environment with employee centered upper management. Plenty of room for growth.
Pros
free benefits, kind upper management
Cons
low salary
Provides lots of experience for this field of work.
Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2014
This company provides lots of knowledge concerning record retrieval. Coworkers and management are nice but it is hard to advance in this company. You work really hard but sometimes the compensation isnt equal to the amount of work placed on the employees. Management is becoming absent from the teams. They are not as engaged as they used to be. It is an ok place to work. A good starting point to finding something better.
Pros
bonus checks and remote worker positions are available
Cons
sometimes youre stressed from being overworked
A typical day at work
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Moss Point, MSFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of a few things. First we arrive at 7 a.m. Pull, pack, and ship orders that need to go.
Pros
nice associates to work with.
Cons
kept me on the hiring agency for 6 months instead of 90 days.