MS Companies

MS Companies Employer Reviews

Great money till the work is gone
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa alMay 4, 2014
Pros: no work
Cons: new people good money
I really enjoyed my job I loved working with different people all the time and getting to see new places. The hours were crazy but the money was great. However once the contracts were up I didnt think our management put in enough effort to keep us working.
Temp..
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYApril 15, 2014
Pros: paid the bills
Cons: unstable
All the jobs I had with MS companies didn't last long. The poor management kept losing job contracts. When I worked there, there was no insurance and they said I couldnt get 401k. Only good thing about this company is that it allowed me too pay my bills, And gave me the job skill of flexibility.
Most corrupt company ever.
Inspector. (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: some of my coworkers were good people
Cons: constantly being ripped off on your paychecks, management is corrupt, hours are extremly long and your shifts will change with no notice, supervisors paid for working long hours that the inspectors actually work.
This company will short you on your hours on every check and find every excuse possible to not give you any kind of pay increase. There is no oversight of the sight supervisors from corporate, so they can get away with many shady acts including , not showing up for work and still being on the clock, working only a few hours and paying themselves for – more... 14-16. My fellow inspectors and myself would often be asked to work seven day work weeks, or come in for split shifts or work doubles with no supervisor on site, yet they would still be on the clock. They would also ask us to intentionally damage customer parts so that the sort could continue , not caring that it could cost the operator his/her job.

Avoid if at all possible. – less
Elaina Marshall's review summary
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: is that the company continues to grow
Cons: staffing for the companies need with those that qualify
A typical day of work is to make that we have the number of employees to stay in operation, Interviewing new candidates, and keeping track of schedules and time.
The hardest part of the job is when the production area falls behind and we have to staff more employees or offer manditory overtime.
boring, slow paced, unprofessional management.
Temp to Hire (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime.
Cons: 10 minute break every 2 hours, long shifts.
The managers do not care about their employees. My grandfather recently passed, I requested time to go to the funeral taking 2 days off. I got a call my first day off they told me not to return to work.
I enjoy this job because of the Attention to Detail, and the use of measuring tools.
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Berea, KYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: i am able to solve problems and lead a team.
Cons: pay is limited.
This is a very demanding job. I work with operators, engineers, and there supervisors. We all work together in order to maintain that our product meets the blueprint specification. Parts are machined by the operator, and a three piece sample is given to me. I measure the part and record the measurements onto a in-process check sheet. If measurements – more... are found that are out of spec., the supervisor is called to make an adjustment on the machine. Some adjustments require the assistance of an engineer.
This job allowed my co-workers and myself to work with very little supervision, we might see our supervisor once a day for ten minutes just to say hi.
The hardest part of this job is knowing that there is very little room for advancement. – less
Not exactly a "Cut Above the Rest".....
General Laborer (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: ft employees are friendly and helpful.
Cons: employees have no benefits, no paid vacation or paid days off...no security.
There is little communication with supervisor on a regular basis. You clock-in on time, do your job, clock-out whenever "the company" decides you can go home for the day. My "On-site manager" is good to work with. My co-workers are normal, sometimes fun, sometimes moody...typical people. Hardest part of the job is the mundane, repetitive motion. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships with co-workers. – less
inspector
quality inspector (Former Employee), lawerenceville, ILJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everthing
Pay is great. But company always mess up on checks shorts the hours and pay rate. First check was 3 dollars off on pay. Was hired for inspector need up work at a warehouse stocking and picking parts. Been over two months and still didn't have direct deposit set up. then they mail checks paydays on Friday but wont get check it Saturday or Monday after – more... pay day.Charge you for the shirt and hats they make you wear. Some people still aren't getting the hours and pay they worked now one person they owe like over a thousand dollars for hours and paying the wrong pay rate. – less
nice place to start a career
Transporter/Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great hours and pay
Cons: no benifits
learned alot about the car building process aquired some great skills that i use in everyday life
Ratchet temp agency
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 25, 2013
Cons: poor management, low pay, inconsistent work
Never heard of a temp company that pays bi-weekly but ms companies does. They call u randomly and u have about an hour to get to whatever job they have opened or they call someone else. I had an issue with my supervisor where she was very disrespectful, talking about me very negatively in front of other employees. I've never had this happen with a supervisor – more... before or since. Not to mention she had golds and bragged about her sexual exploits. When i tried to be the bigger person and complain to upper management, they told me to write a letter, i wrote a letter and nothing was done. They called me to work about a week later at the same job site with the rude supervisor and as soon as i got there of course she sent me home, probably being mad about the letter i wrote. It was all so ridiculous. I found a permanent job a month later and have been there a year with no problems. Dont work for this bootleg company. – less
great place to work
Quality Inspector and Reworker (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 20, 2013
management was helpful
learned more about the manufacturing field
Ms Companies is a great opportunity for men and women to succeed in there careers.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, IndianaNovember 3, 2013
Pros: great pay and the hours are perfect. kids eating good, thank you to you all at ms companies
Cons: every place has cons. it's what you make it.
It's a great place to work. They understand the daily worker and what they need. Not just a typical work day, it's mind blowing and a great place to excel and learn new task daily.
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), We rotateNovember 3, 2013
Pros: i like the actual job. i like the people i work around.
Cons: the supervisor
A typical day at work. I get yelled and screamed at all day. My supervisor is saying something but she chews bubblegum, pops it and tries to talk all at the same time. You can't reason with her because she feels that she is always right.
DO NOT WORK HERE PLEASE READ THIS HORROR STORY
QA (Former Employee), MS COMPANIESOctober 29, 2013
Pros: none!!!!!! the best thing about this job is the free glasses they will give you
Cons: eveything, just ask the employees at the agc plant in alabaster, al
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, THIS IS A BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM COMPANY ESPECIALLY AT THE AGC SITE IN ALABASTER, AL. MS COMPANIES DO NOT PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES AND ALREADY HAVE MULTIPLE LAWSUITS AGAINST THEM. THEY WILL HAVE YOU WORKING 84HRS A WEEK AND YOU ARE PAID BI-WEEKLY AND WEHN YOU GET YOUR CHECK IT WILL BE OVER 100 HOURS SHORT. I AM CURRENTLY OWED – more... A BIG LUMP SUM OF MONEY FROM THEM AND THEY DO NOT WANT TO PAY ME. THEY WILL BRING A RANDOM PERSON OFF THE STREET TO BE THE SUPERVISOR. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB. THEY DONT EVEN SHOW COMPASSION ABOUT THEM SHORTING YOUR HOURS. YOU WILL HAVE TO LAWYER UP TO GET THE MONEY YOU ARE OWED......DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY...IN MY OPINION ITS NOTHING BUT A PONZI SCHEME. – less

Lenoard – November 7, 2013

I also worked for this scam of a company, I was better off working at mcdonalds. I wish that company would just shut down.

Overall great place to work
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Lincoln, ALSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: small office staff, hour lunch, overtime
Cons: new management, changes
Typical day at work includes data entry, friendly environment, busy schedules
Ms Companies was a pretty good company
Car Part Inspector (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYAugust 23, 2013
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: everyone needs a background check and drug test
Ms Companies is a pretty good company.
They have health insurance for the employee. I was trained to inspect brakes for GM,Ford ,Fiat.

The typical day at work is fast paced and challenging.Working with a gauges also visually inspecting. documenting the amount of parts processed and the amount of parts that were defective icluding packing for shipment – more... .

Management was fair
Coworkers were some good and some in need of a drug test.
the hardest part of the job was feast to fantom either 7 days a week
or not enough.
I liked the work it was interesting. – less
very productive company. great working enviroment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Lincoln, ALJuly 17, 2013
It was a very fast-paced job. great quality standards. Management was very hard working and cared about their employees.
Exciting day at work
Quality Manager (Former Employee), OHJune 25, 2013
Never the same day from day, there was always something that needed fixed, and someone that needed assistance. The hardest part was to try to keep everyone on track of what they were suppose to be checking at that time.
Best job ever
Inspector (Current Employee), Lincoln, AlFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: good benefits and pay
Great place to work. I enjoy the people I work with. The leaders are good and they treat you like your a person not just a number. One of the leaders, Mr Melpas, always goes out of his way to say hi to me.
Outstanding Company
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), SCFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: leadership and compensation
Great people to work with. Leadership cares about the health and well being of their employees.

About MS Companies

Who is MS Companies? At the core of our business is value-added outsourcing that delivers quality in the areas of assembly, sub – Read more