MS Companies

MS Companies Employer Reviews

Interesting place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Holland, MIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, uniforms provided at a low cost, insurance provided at a low cost
Cons: n/a
A typical day consists of inspecting welds on child car seats

I've learned how to inspect welds

Management is pretty good

Co-workers are decent to work with

The hardest part of my job would be that it is very repetitive and heavy lifting all day

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can work pretty much when I want to
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYDecember 2, 2014
Give 100% each day in completing that are giving. I learned more team leading skills.Paying attention to every detail.Meeting new people. The management were really good in keeping there workers happy.
Great place to gain experience.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2014
Pros: alot of positive incentives
Cons: not enough training and corporate support.
I Supervised 40-60 team member and worked 80 hrs a week so here was not a lot of time for family or friends. Management was inconsistent. However I was allowed to grow as a Operations Supervisor and I am grateful for the opportunity.
MS Companies
Quality control inspector (Current Employee), OhioNovember 18, 2014
I go into work and sort parts. I learned different parts go on to a car. The co-workers were great, friendly, and nice to talk to. The management was probably the hardest thing about the job and was the worst management I've ever experienced.
Good for supervisors
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: not very good benifits
Pay is fine but coming from military was a big pay cut. Hours change never know if your working the weekend or not. Working 50 to 60 hours a week.
it was fun while it lasted
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee), Easley, SCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security.
we got to go place to place and inspect their product. the co workers were cool. the management were nice. the job wasnt stable though.
it was a very easy job but very stressfull
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: they where not hard obn you if you had to miss a day
Cons: supervisors was not any good
most days you did the same thing, the major issue was a lot of drama and supervisors not doing there duties and playing favorites, the working conditions was good, all tho respect wasnt given to anyone new.
productive and fun environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me was enjoyable. my co-workers kept me smiling and laughing. Although we did have some bad days but we managed to get through the day. The only hard part was fixing the mistakes that came down our line but we kept it moving so we didn't get behind on or numbers.
Needs improvement
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee), Lebanon, KYJuly 16, 2014
Pros: possible to work lots of ot
Cons: poor traing in the beginning
Lacks senior leadership and slacks on training. Good co-workers wanting to do well .
Long hours very boring work descent pay.
final quality inspection (Former Employee), Shelbyville, KYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: it was close to home.
Cons: fast, hot, and lonely.
I had to check and sometimes fix problems with seats for Ford vehicles. I stood in one place all day and work at a very fast pace. The management were all new to the company and often didnt know what they were doing. I didnt have any co-workers.
Negative environment.
Inspector (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: learning something new.
Cons: short breaks and advancement limited.
I felt I was doing more than others and getting paid evenly. Others didn't take the time to learn something new. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people who agreed with my opinions.
Great money till the work is gone
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa alMay 4, 2014
Pros: no work
Cons: new people good money
I really enjoyed my job I loved working with different people all the time and getting to see new places. The hours were crazy but the money was great. However once the contracts were up I didnt think our management put in enough effort to keep us working.
Temp..
Team Leader (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYApril 15, 2014
Pros: paid the bills
Cons: unstable
All the jobs I had with MS companies didn't last long. The poor management kept losing job contracts. When I worked there, there was no insurance and they said I couldnt get 401k. Only good thing about this company is that it allowed me too pay my bills, And gave me the job skill of flexibility.
Most corrupt company ever.
Inspector. (Former Employee), Rome, GAApril 15, 2014
Pros: some of my coworkers were good people
Cons: constantly being ripped off on your paychecks, management is corrupt, hours are extremly long and your shifts will change with no notice, supervisors paid for working long hours that the inspectors actually work.
This company will short you on your hours on every check and find every excuse possible to not give you any kind of pay increase. There is no oversight of the sight supervisors from corporate, so they can get away with many shady acts including , not showing up for work and still being on the clock, working only a few hours and paying themselves for – more... 14-16. My fellow inspectors and myself would often be asked to work seven day work weeks, or come in for split shifts or work doubles with no supervisor on site, yet they would still be on the clock. They would also ask us to intentionally damage customer parts so that the sort could continue , not caring that it could cost the operator his/her job.

Avoid if at all possible. – less
Elaina Marshall's review summary
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, MOApril 8, 2014
Pros: is that the company continues to grow
Cons: staffing for the companies need with those that qualify
A typical day of work is to make that we have the number of employees to stay in operation, Interviewing new candidates, and keeping track of schedules and time.
The hardest part of the job is when the production area falls behind and we have to staff more employees or offer manditory overtime.
boring, slow paced, unprofessional management.
Temp to Hire (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, ILMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime.
Cons: 10 minute break every 2 hours, long shifts.
The managers do not care about their employees. My grandfather recently passed, I requested time to go to the funeral taking 2 days off. I got a call my first day off they told me not to return to work.
I enjoy this job because of the Attention to Detail, and the use of measuring tools.
Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Berea, KYFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: i am able to solve problems and lead a team.
Cons: pay is limited.
This is a very demanding job. I work with operators, engineers, and there supervisors. We all work together in order to maintain that our product meets the blueprint specification. Parts are machined by the operator, and a three piece sample is given to me. I measure the part and record the measurements onto a in-process check sheet. If measurements – more... are found that are out of spec., the supervisor is called to make an adjustment on the machine. Some adjustments require the assistance of an engineer.
This job allowed my co-workers and myself to work with very little supervision, we might see our supervisor once a day for ten minutes just to say hi.
The hardest part of this job is knowing that there is very little room for advancement. – less
Not exactly a "Cut Above the Rest".....
General Laborer (Current Employee), Marysville, OHJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: ft employees are friendly and helpful.
Cons: employees have no benefits, no paid vacation or paid days off...no security.
There is little communication with supervisor on a regular basis. You clock-in on time, do your job, clock-out whenever "the company" decides you can go home for the day. My "On-site manager" is good to work with. My co-workers are normal, sometimes fun, sometimes moody...typical people. Hardest part of the job is the mundane, repetitive motion. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships with co-workers. – less
inspector
quality inspector (Former Employee), lawerenceville, ILJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everthing
Pay is great. But company always mess up on checks shorts the hours and pay rate. First check was 3 dollars off on pay. Was hired for inspector need up work at a warehouse stocking and picking parts. Been over two months and still didn't have direct deposit set up. then they mail checks paydays on Friday but wont get check it Saturday or Monday after – more... pay day.Charge you for the shirt and hats they make you wear. Some people still aren't getting the hours and pay they worked now one person they owe like over a thousand dollars for hours and paying the wrong pay rate. – less
nice place to start a career
Transporter/Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: great hours and pay
Cons: no benifits
learned alot about the car building process aquired some great skills that i use in everyday life

1 2 3

About MS Companies

Who is MS Companies? At the core of our business is value-added outsourcing that delivers quality in the areas of assembly, sub – Read more