MS Companies Employee Reviews in United States

Great co-workers and staff, steady work flow, little/no training was provided
Scheduling Specialist/Digital Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2016
-learned to streamline processes and leverage technology
-worked well with co-workers
-Management was non-existent, used little/no communication
-Very little training was provided, learn as you go methods were used
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
minimal p.t.o. compared to other departments, lack of leadership from management, lack of communication from all departments
Nice work environment; helpful and nice team supervisors
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KY 40324June 3, 2016
One job was working at the assembly line inspecting automotive seats. Another job was checking automotive parts for defects. The supervisors were nice and helpful in training. The co-workers were nice also. I liked working full-time hours and checking the products for any possible defects. The work was not hard to learn the skills.
Pros
Full-time hours; helpful supervisors
Cons
The late night work hours did not work out as well for me; prefer day work hours, or early evening, night hours.
A job where hard work is rewarded
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 25, 2016
These jobs require workers to be on time and follow strict regulations. Supervisors ensure that workers stay within guidelines and specifications, but workers are largely self regulated, and stick to their tasks.
Not Fun
quality inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2016
This job was not organized correctly. You Couldn't get help because it was to many people in one building and it was just hot. They hire people who had backgrounds who than later was fired with them trying to get organized
Nice place to work
Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2016
Too much change in management in too short a time period. Great change to make money and advance in the company. Started out as a supervisor then went into management
Turnover is commonplace.
Other (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 16, 2016
Simply put, this company is all about making money, as is any business in the modern economy. No one should be upset by this, but their means of doing so are poorly executed.

Many employees don't stay longer than a few months at any level; MS Companies employs both corporate employees and 'field' employees. Depending on your department, you will either love or hate this place.

Most corporate employees are treated like royalty and given two weeks off. MOST. This is not applicable to all departments and those it does not apply to probably will not make it to the one-year point in order to gain those advantages. Beer and pool are both plentiful in the corporate office and many corporate employees take full advantage of these luxuries.

Lower-level management is young; most are all around the same age. The office has an overall welcoming atmosphere and coworkers are quick to greet with a smile and a hello; bi-weekly activities give the facade of camaraderie amongst departments but it's clear that certain departments are more favored in this office.

Corporate employees are treated to a locally catered meal every Thursday, free of charge. (No drinks are provided unless you want bottled water...a bit strange.) There are no vending machines around, either. Local restaurants are quick to satisfy your appetite, however.

Communication between departments is seriously lacking. Operations and customer service do the bare modicum expected of them; supervisors are often very difficult to get ahold of and don't always provide an accurate number of inspectors needed. Often, supervisors
  more... are well aware of impending requests but do not provide ample notice to those locating candidates, thus the customers suffer.

Management doesn't foster growth well. As a team, employees are often asked what can better their experience. This advice is often overlooked if it's deemed IN ANY WAY financially outputting. Several department heads have come and gone; training was unorthodox and very much 'trial by fire', if you will. The best employees will eventually start to feel jaded.

Many customers require extensive background checks and drug screens but do not match these efforts with the proper compensation. Employees at any level will likely have to fight tooth and nail to obtain any bit of a raise. The culture is that every employee is replaceable so rocking the boat is probably not the wisest decision.

Upper-management will talk to you like you're the most incompetent, uneducated and poorly trained piece of meat to ever darken their doorstep. Their is very little congratulatory attitude the further up the ladder you go. Lower-level management is essentially solely responsible for the morale of their employees.

Overall, this was a great stepping stone and while the concept is good, the structure is virtually non-existent.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No upward mobility, lack of paid time off for most employees, difficult to obtain raises, poor communication between departments
easy working experience
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMay 2, 2016
the most enjoyable part of the job was to meet new people and to provide feed back on materials they had us sorting through.
MS Companies
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sumitomo, Marysville, OHApril 24, 2016
Great to work for when the supervisors know what they are doing. Pay was excellent, jobs were easy, the supervisors had communication issues.
Sorted parts all day, had lunch, co workers were friendly for the most part. Supervisors had issues communicating; when you did what one said the other may get upset then the original supervisor would deny giving the orders. Made job confusing at times.
Jobs were easy you sorted good parts from bad parts. Mark the parts to verify they were okay to be sent to factory for installation. Rejected ones that couldn't be fixed.
A lot of the times the coworkers would make it like a race. I Didn't like that environment because I felt by racing one another the job wasn't being done at its best quality.
Pros
Great Pay, Fun Co-Workers, Flexible to Personal Needs
Cons
CoWorker Cliques, Indecisive Supervisors
Great environment , Good supervisor
Machine Operator/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 13, 2016
Learned fast from the employees and supervisor , Good clean environment Work assignments always produced on time . Great learning experience.
Would be a great company if the Director of Ops was a different person.
Lead Site QC Superviaor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2016
Most of the people who work there are under paid and over worked, I have worked as long as 22 hours in a row without even a good job of a thank you, and getting a raise is like pulling teeth.
Not the best place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day at MS, you're not sure if you'll be able to do your job or not. I say this because they tend to send employees home 30 minutes to an hour after you walk through the door. In some cases, you'll be sent home before you can even clock in. I've learned that this job isn't meant for those who are not team players. You must be a team player because 9 times out of 10, you'll end up doing more than you signed up for and it's not worth $10.50/hr
The management isn't the best.
Most of the coworkers are down to earth people. Of course, there'll be one or two workers who you just wish would disappear. The hardest part of the job is doing your job plus someone elses. Unless you actually enjoy being slaved in a hot a** warehouse during the summer, doing two or more jobs at once, this place isn't for you.
The most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out. Don't get me wrong, some days we have fun doing our jobs while listening to music or engaging in conversation with everyone else on the floor but lets face it, clocking out at 5:00 is the best part.
Pros
down to earth employees to work with such as associates and the supervisor(s)
Cons
racist site manager, nepotism, one raise after one year of contribution, no raises thereafter, no A/C, no heating
Factory Enviroment
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 30, 2016
Typical day includes working anywhere from 8 to 12 hours a day depending on location. Most factories are cold during winter and very hot during the summer. Work is steady, but move from factory to factory. This allows you to gain knowledge of different factories and different practices used. If you want a wealth of knowledge in a short amount of time this is the company to work for. If you are the type that needs to be led by your hand to get to do things this is not the place for you as a supervisor.
Pros
Able to learn new stuff daily
Cons
no guidence on how to get and advancement without moving half way across the country
Extremely High Pressure/Very Micro Managed
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Alabama/GeorgiaMarch 28, 2016
Daily work: Setting up appointments, calling on customers and possible customers. On the road exploring new business and expanding off of existing customers.
Learned: Prezi, Sales Force, Computer skills
Management: Where out of touch with different geographic areas. And used leadership by intimidation.
Co-workers: Where really helpful and friendly.
Hardest Part of Job: Lack of training/ Leadership by intimidation.
Most enjoyable part of job: The relationships I formed with all my customers and my self accomplishments in teaching myself new processes that were put in place.
Pros
Relationships with customers, never in the same place always on the go.
Cons
Very Micro Managed/ Unethical/ Leadership by intimidation.
very productive, very fun workplace, nice supervisors and team leaders
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHMarch 27, 2016
Really enjoy working with this company, has a very nice selection of team leaders and supervisors who are very informitive and quick to help solve a problematic situation, or questions,
Pros
nice people, good workplace
Cons
No job security
loved it
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Vance, AL 35490March 8, 2016
Man i loved that job. i loved everybody that worked there. the staff, the manager's and my staffed that i haved worked with. everyone was just so fun to be around.
Supervisor Carousel
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2016
We've been through 4 different Supervisors in 2 months. Lots of Dysfunction. No Communication between Supervisor, Regional Supervisor, and Host Site Supervisor.
Good Quality Control Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ALFebruary 29, 2016
I have worked for a couple of quality control companies, and MS Companies was the best one in my opinion. They pay was better, management was better and was a pretty fun place to work for a while.

Most companies like this are pretty much the same, as they are set up to do the same type of work inside Honda. The work is not hard and what really makes or brakes the company is the management. We had some really great Supervisors for a while and I ended up joining the ranks myself.

It went through a big change in upper management that resulted in us losing some of the key supervisors we relied on. That created a situation where those of us that were left, decided to look elsewhere for work.

My understanding is that the situation has improved there over the last couple of years and MS is still the best company to work for.
Pros
Better pay, chances for moving up
Cons
On call, not much job security starting out
A Quality Inspection Company
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, KYFebruary 27, 2016
MS Companies is a group of people who are sent in to different factories all over the state of Kentucky, strictly to perform quality inspections on defected parts that had been sent back to the manufacturer. As the Regional Operations Coordinator of my area, my job responsibilities were to make sure that each different part that was on sort at the time was 110% quality guaranteed before shipping it out to the customer, and I also had to monitor the stock of each different part on sort on the warehouse shelves, and on the production lines. One of the most important parts of my job was to make sure the production lines using the parts that were on sort for inspection did not run out of 110% certified parts, causing the line to shut down. MS Companies was a really good job when I first started working for them in 2012, but as the years went on, their business expanded triple the size in 2014 than it was in 2012, and the upper management and corporate office became almost completely scarce, and there was absolutely no support or contact person to turn to when needed. Their turn over rate went extremely high and they now have a very poor reputation.
Pros
I enjoyed working with different customers on a daily basis, and I enjoyed the 1 hour lunch breaks.
Cons
Very poor management, communication and support.
ok workplace
On call temp service (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYFebruary 18, 2016
the work was easy and people were friendly and genuine....work was kind of far from home but other then that i would recommend it
The worst company I have ever worked for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Albion, ILFebruary 5, 2016
This has to be one of THE worst companies I have ever worked for. I applied out of the Princeton, Indiana, office. When going through orientation, they never told us that sat. was mandatory EVERY WEEK, never told us 'No chance the company will hire you because we have an agreement with them NOT to hire you'; never told us that we were 'call-in replacements'. You CANNOT contact anyone in the Indy office -- they're too good to return your calls. The upper management isolates itself from the lowly temps -- if you're a supervisor you have no problem contacting them, but GOD help you if you're a regular employee and have a problem requiring immediate attention. My overall opinion is this is one of the most worthless companies I have ever worked for in my life. If I could have given zero stars I would have. Payroll had my checks messed up for weeks and no one was the least bit concerned if it got fixed or not. Do yourself a favor and work somewhere else.
Pros
None that I could determine
Cons
worst company ever to work for