MS Companies

MS Companies Employee Reviews

fun and easy
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Marysville, OHJune 7, 2015
MS works with you. You choose when you want to work, but only get paid for when you do. You inspect parts for Honda, and other companies. People are fun to work with and its really easy.
productive workplace
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Princeton, INMay 26, 2015
Pros: over all great people to work with
Cons: getting drug into peoples drama
easy to get along with people, constant working environment, and repetitive motion on a couple different jobs, the management was good, co-workers were good to be around, hardest part of the job there was no hard part about it
N/A
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Alabaster, ALApril 30, 2015
I learned how to observe things better and how to make data reports. I learned how to supervise myself. And how to deal with things better.
Good agency
On-site Administrator (Former Employee), Cardington, OhioApril 28, 2015
Pros: Ability to grow
Cons: Not a whole lot of direction at times.
It is one of the better agencies that I have worked for. you got to learn not only a lot about your job, but you got to learn how they do their inspection process.
productive and a good learning experiance
Supervisor (Current Employee), Duncan, SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: good breaks
Cons: poor
My time with ms companies was good. i loved my job, and had a good safe time with them. i was able to get my green belt with sig sigma. with the hope that would follow me through out my other work experiances.
good for advancemet
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), West Point, GAApril 15, 2015
Pros: good pay good advancement
Cons: slow to increase pay due to management
liked type of word and chance of advancement. pay was acceptable and job requirement not to bad. the demand on the supervisor is challanging and can be stressful due to demands from MS and supplier and KIA.
Terrible
Inspector (Former Employee), Princeton, IndianaApril 10, 2015
Pros: pay ok
Cons: Just a terrible place.
Terrible place to work. Supervisors are childish and tattle on one another. If you need to change shifts and there are openings they will not let you. Sometimes no place to sit at break time. Supervisors have ego problems.
High turnover in management, lack of communciation, constant changes, late night emails concerning changes, always in a constant turmoil
Regional Quality Operations Manager (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Pay decent and decent health insurance
Cons: Lack of leadership
Started a 6 am and on call till 10 pm 6 days a week sometimes 7
Never a typical day. Always chaotic and reacting. Management was lacking, coworkers were great. Never time to do the job like it needed to be done. Never enough support staff. Most enjoyable part was giving people the opportunity to succeed.
typical day
Inspector/Quality Control (Former Employee), Duncan, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: learned to be a quality inspector
Cons: short breaks
come in inspect the trim make sure its properly put in the box. work in a hot enviroment when its summer cold in the winter. make sure paper work is done correctly.
They,ll find you a job
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYMarch 1, 2015
Pros: employ alot of women
Cons: less money than other agencies
They pay less than their competitors,Management ,I feel don,t stand up for their employers.When encountered with a problem I feel they don,t fight for their employee.
fun and flexible work place
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2015
arrive at work at 7am. assist co-workers in begeining there daily task. what i like most about the job is the managment there very respectful.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORKPLACE WITH FRIENDLY AND CARING TEAM MEMBERS
PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: reasonable lunch breaks
IVE LEARNED HOW TO INSPECT AUTO PARTS,STACK PALLETS,LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS,FOLLOW SAFETY RULES AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,THE WORK I DO IS EASY TO ME AND I ENJOY WORKING AROUND HARD WORKING DEPENDABLE PEOPLE.
Started from the bottom, went to the top and sank back down.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: everything else
Started out great. Yes, there is room for advancement if you put in the work but they will expect you to do extra work without the extra pay. You will basically work for the title and they think that should be good enough. I don't know if that is how it is everywhere but at least in this region it is. I was putting in at least 90+ hours every two weeks. Yes, I was making decent money. However, once you take that over-time they expect you to keep taking it and keep taking it while every one else will slack off. I will also say the more you slack off and jerk-around the more that they will respect you, at least at the places here in Bowling Green. The hard-workers get no respect and no recognition. They figuratively get spat on and shoved to the side. As long as you're putting in the work so everyone else doesn't have to that's all the supervisors care about. The supervisors seem to make up the rules as they go. We had one GREAT supervisor while we were at the top, treated everyone fairly, every thing was great and then this import came in and ruined the whole group. Things should be as a benefit to her and her 2 backups and that's it. I'll leave it at, it's a good job if you need to make a decent little bit of money for a little while but it's nothing long term. What I've heard as of lately from some friends, there's no over-time anymore ether. So there's also that.
Company had good work environment, but not aggressive in taking care of employees
Lead Person (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: fellow employees
Cons: advancement was minimal, benefits could have been better
Arrive, figure my work schedule for the day, and place employees on my crew where they were needed. Set dies and set the autos and repair them.
Learned sharping tools and set the dies.
On the job training was minimal ....my training was self taught
Co-workers were good people to work with
The usual bumps in the daily routine, but like all jobs it worked it way through to the end of the day.
when everything was running on schedule.
productive place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Duncan, SCDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free linches
I l earned alot from this company it was alot of interested things that went on i really liked the fact that i kept busy something i didnt like was the attiudes of some people
Interesting place to work
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Holland, MIDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, uniforms provided at a low cost, insurance provided at a low cost
Cons: n/a
A typical day consists of inspecting welds on child car seats

I've learned how to inspect welds

Management is pretty good

Co-workers are decent to work with

The hardest part of my job would be that it is very repetitive and heavy lifting all day

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can work pretty much when I want to
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hopkinsville, KYDecember 2, 2014
Give 100% each day in completing that are giving. I learned more team leading skills.Paying attention to every detail.Meeting new people. The management were really good in keeping there workers happy.
Great place to gain experience.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2014
Pros: alot of positive incentives
Cons: not enough training and corporate support.
I Supervised 40-60 team member and worked 80 hrs a week so here was not a lot of time for family or friends. Management was inconsistent. However I was allowed to grow as a Operations Supervisor and I am grateful for the opportunity.
MS Companies
Quality control inspector (Current Employee), OhioNovember 18, 2014
I go into work and sort parts. I learned different parts go on to a car. The co-workers were great, friendly, and nice to talk to. The management was probably the hardest thing about the job and was the worst management I've ever experienced.
Good for supervisors
Regional Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Hopkinsville, KYOctober 13, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: not very good benifits
Pay is fine but coming from military was a big pay cut. Hours change never know if your working the weekend or not. Working 50 to 60 hours a week.

1 2 3 4

About MS Companies

Who is MS Companies? At the core of our business is value-added outsourcing that delivers quality in the areas of assembly, sub – Read more

MS Companies Salaries