ms consultants, inc.

ms consultants, inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Strong company with a servant-leadership culture
Resident Project Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2015
ms Indianapolis is a great engineering/architecture firm growing quickly in the Indy area. Management is not stagnant on pursuing work and we are currently very busy.

However, at first impression, promotion and personal career growth seem to be of minimal interest internally.

The people are friendly and family oriented. Minimal micromanagement of working hours.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
slow personal and career growth
The place you would dream of working at!
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work would be working with a team to prepare a portion of a project. For example, doing the abutment details for a bridge, I would work under an engineer to draft all the details from the foundations to the top. This would include designing and showing reinforcing steel throughout the structure. Also, showing all the dimensions and elevations of each part: footings, walls, beam seats. Depending on the size of a project, I may also work on many of the other portions of the bridge: the piers, superstructure, estimated quantities, general notes, phase construction details, or the site plan.

I learned to work with different drafting tools over the years, from manual drafting to AutoCAD to microstation. I learned to use different tools within each CAD program.

Management was helpful and interested in us as individuals and expected our dedication in return. My supervisor was one of the finest professionals I have known.

Many of my co-workers became my friends, and it was a collaboration of effort that knit us together.

The hardest part of the job was meeting ever-decreasing project time-lines with the increasing competion for scarce work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing a project well within budget.
Pros
a flexible work schedule so i could complete my associate degree while working full-time, a company-match 401k program, all the free cofee we wanted, state-of-the art work stations, an annual bowling party, annual summer outing/picnic, annual christmas party, company-contributed health insurance, life and long-term disability insurance, and flexible vacation time.
Good Organization, excellent staff
Cadd Operator (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJune 27, 2012
Worked as hired gun for a single project and was laid off once project was completed.
Pros
good working environment
great buiding facility
research tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 31, 2012
good place to go everyday. not enough work to sustain current employees. don't communicate well.
Pros
lots of experienced people to learn from
Cons
not enough work