MSA Employee Reviews in United States

great place
Product Finisher/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTApril 12, 2016
i loved working at msa it taught me alot while working there every one was just like a family there only bad thing bout it was the layoffs
Productive assemblers always hard at work
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAAugust 7, 2015
A typical day in the work place consisted of assembling circuit boards for the different product lines MSA offered, I learned how to be more level headed and accepting of mistakes I have made as well as time management. The job wasn't stressful as long as you were productive with how many boards you were capable of building.
Pros
Floor managers that assist you in any needs.
Cons
Mandatory overtime.
Validate and Process
Administration Assistant / Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2015
Complete assignments with under minimal supervision; exercise independent judgment and communicate problems through proper managements
friendly work environment
Final Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Newport, VTJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day would consist of over 800 hundred helmets that had to be checked and reviewed for any dings,embrassions, or imperfections. Once they were all checked over, what ever ones passed, they went down the line for finishing and shipment. I learned how to work at a fast pace as well as a careful one. I enjoyed the people I worked with, they were all nice, fun, and helpful. The hardest part of working at a military helmets factory was the pressure that would come about when a certain amount of helmets had to be done by a deadline. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning new things about the military and how important it is to finish something that saves peoples lives, correctly and accuretly.
Pros
learning new things, the benefits you recieve after working there for so long
Cons
long hours that keep you away from your family
Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep, MSA (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 3, 2015
Honestly if I didn't move I would still be working there. Never was a dull moment. Was always upbeat about everything. Management was super friendly,
Was not a good office environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 25, 2014
No room for advancement. No future in the company. Feel very stagnated in this position
Not the Best
SECRETARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJanuary 23, 2014
A typical day at the Math, Science, & Arts Academy includes being busy majority of the time. That is expected, however, but the problem is the timely manner, the hospitality, and the environment. The environment isn't bad, but the lobby itself is LOUD. I learned that it is nice to talk with someone you know, but get your job done first, then converse politely and quickly to attend to the next duty one has. Some co-workers enjoyed being nosy twenty-four-seven, and I believe that was the hardest part of the day, having to deal with someone hunched over your back all the time. The most enjoyable part of the day, honestly, was going home. It's a fairly easy job, but the work environment is not what I expected, and I'm not accustomed to it's liking.
Great experience
MSA (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 22, 2014
Working at the VA includes but is not limited to:
• Direct patient (Veteran) contact in a Mental Health setting
• Patient confidentiality and advocacy
• Fast pace, multi tasking, coordinating, and managing numerous projects at once
• PM&RS Rehab, Physical Therapy, Chiropractor, Treadmill, Podiatry, Surgical, Neurology
• Self starting and maximizing opportunities to their fullest capacity for our Veterans
• Flexibility to work overtime and some weekend hours
One of the best companies that I have worked for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAOctober 10, 2014
MSA provided me with an environment that used both, my extensive experience as well as my extensive educational background. It was a small company with direct interaction between all employees as well as the owner. Was appreciated for what I brought to the company. AND I would still be employed there had not MSA been taken over by a large, out of state company who brought in their own people, replacing everyone except the owner.
Easy money no benefits
Customer Service and telesales representitive (Former Employee) –  tempe azFebruary 10, 2012
place went out of business when switched to student loan center.
Pros
convientent locatio n
Cons
horrible management
Large company with many products and departments
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2013
Went into the office and designed the product with a small team of co-workers. Conference calls and meetings with superiors to discuss research findings. Site visits.
Great Job
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAApril 21, 2013
Great job and company to work for, you can learn lots of new skills for various jobs.
Pros
good paying job
Cons
layoffs
Reputable company with a great work ethic
International Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2014
involved with all of the major global EPCs on major oil and gas projects overseas.