MSB Consulting Employee Reviews

If it sounds too good to be true...
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2017
This company sounds great from the outside and you will get sucked in to the good pay, benefits, and the way they portray their culture. However, in reality, the culture only applies to the employees and not management...and only when it suits the owners needs. He has a couple of groupies who are his next in command and they will throw you under the bus to stay in his good graces.

Company does not value knowledge or intelligence, they just want you to do what you are told without question and you will skate by. They will tell you often that they value how you fit with the cultish guiding principles and not how well you do your job.
Pros
Pay, benefits, job duties
Cons
Culture, work/life balance, opportunity for advancement, management
Interview process is ridiculous
Consulting (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 21, 2017
The interview process was very unorthodox and not once what the actual job duties explained. I had three interviews with this company. The third interview was in Austin when the position was posted for Dallas. So I drove all the way to Austin from dallas to meet for 15 minutes. Complete waste of time. So much run around. In addition the interview questions were more about my personal life and character than about my ability to perform in the work place. Needless to say I was not chosen for the position which was fine. The individuals I met were very nice but this process is completely unreasonable for an unemployed person.
Productive and fun workplace
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 1, 2017
The executives run the company so that is frustrating because there are only three of them for over 70 employees. They are growing faster than they can handle.
They provide great benefits and fun activities but you are judged on how bubbly you are and not your work ethic
Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 25, 2016
I thought this was the job of my dreams, loved what i did and love the majority of the people. However if you are quieter than others or have any social anxiety, you will not move up in the company. My districts loved me and i was the only one on my team that knew what they were doing. i put everything i had into the job and it got to the point that my manager pretty much made me quit because I stood up and said i needed help from others on the team that were not working. If you can deal with people not wanting you to advance before them, its a great place for you. if you truly want to be valued for who you are as a person, bubbly or not, and want your hard work to be valued and appreciated, best advice is to look somewhere else.
Pros
fun activities
Cons
back-stabbing leaders