MSC Employee Reviews in United States

Good people to work with
Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
this job is fine and i would recommended it to others. the schedul is straight forward. and the work is simple. the people working there are friendly, which provides a work friendly space.
Not the most organized
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCMay 18, 2016
I signed a disclosure agreement, so I really can't discuss this job to much. The hardest part of the day was being on your feet for 12 hours in steel toe boots.
Pros
days off
Cons
health care, upper managment
pool table
laborer (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAMay 3, 2016
nice place to work.incentive bonuses,friendly good working place Gatorade in summer allowed soda /drink on floor work fast paced nothing hard management ok enjoy part of day go home
Pros
barbeques
working by yourself
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 22, 2016
vacuum mop and dust office buildings clean clinics and car lots drive building to building paid driving detail cleaning part time and full time
Pros
driving breaks good pay
Cons
driving to far
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2015
Working for MSC was a good experience, always busy and the managers as well as the co-workers were very friendly and nice. It was a very multi-tasking type of job so that is what I liked most about the position as a customer service representative
Productove and exciting daily challanges.
Outside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 10, 2015
I cold called prospect accounts and managed an existing territory of accounts. I learned that doing the job every day was a challenged that I enjoyed accepting and knowing that I fulfilled my customers needs to insure their work flow was handled to the best of my ability. I enjoyed growing an existing customer from one dollar amount to another and watching the relationships build.
Pros
Company car, laptop, cell phone
Cons
can not list any.
My job is exciting, educational, rewarding, and challenging.
Consultant for public offerings (Current Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 6, 2015
My workday is Flexible and Challenging. New applications of SEC rules and Regulations are applied quarterly. The hardest part of the job is working with unskilled management of the Company's clients while the most enjoyable part of the job is working with other skilled professionals such as SEC accountants and attorneys.
Pros
Flexibilty in work hours
Cons
SEC deadlines
From the inside looking out...
Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  2709 Breezewood Ave. Fayetteville, NCSeptember 23, 2014
This company has the potential to be so much greater than it is. The issue with the company is that the people in higher positions don't value the "little people". A company that fails to ever consider that
every single person matters, is a company that will always fall short of its greatest potential.
Pros
great work hours, i learned a lot about myself, and how i fit into a company of its size, we did did a monthly bonus every month our team met appointment goals
Cons
little to no trust from lower management to upper management
Good company
4. Available at all times
& Many more
Good management
Merchandise selector (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVJanuary 3, 2014
MSC was a good place to work at. I learned many things such as; operating forklifts, finishing things in a timely manner, how to work alone and as a team. Management was always there if you needed help. The co-workers were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of the job was to keep up your pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things.
Pros
took care of everyone, good pay
Cons
strict breaks
Chief engineer
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  VESSEL ENGINEDecember 8, 2013
I'm chief engineer for more than 25 on the different kind of vessels and always looking for a good company with successfully management, expecting good future, stability and trading success as guaranty for good-safety life on board and adequate salary, too.
Preferable vessels are container and bulk type
To be the best Industrial Distributor in the world as measured by associates, customers, owners and suppliers.
Picker and Packer, fork lift driver (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAOctober 24, 2013
A day at work is very busy and we need to do a production and accuracy the best that we can. is very important that the costumer have their purchase on time.
I would work for them again.
Telesales account manager (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PASeptember 2, 2013
A great place to work. Solid leadership and team environment.
Pros
coaching and training
Cons
difficult to make commission
Communication based employment with attainable goals
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 5, 2013
Responsibilities included accounts receivables and collections from major business claims
fast paced goal oriented position detail oriented skills
Good Management with effective communication
Great coworkers resourceful if necessary
contact clients to pay outstanding balances on equipment owed
Making contacts and reaching goals set forth
Pros
management and communication
A great warehouse.
Packer/Shipper, Picker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 17, 2012
Here I was mostly a packer, but on occasion I was a picker. A typical day was going in and standing in the same area and checking order after order. If they were right with the right amount of items you would build a box to fit the stuff then put the items in and fill it with peanuts. Then you would tape it up and put a shipping label on it. And send it down the line to ship. If it weren't right you would typically just throw it down your aisle and someone would come around and pick it up and put it on the pickers line to be fixed. If it were on my floor I would just run and grab the item needed and just put it in my box and continue on. I enjoyed it every day. I got to talk to the people around me or listen to music. It was fun. The hardest part of the job was when it was full blown summer and it was hot with no air conditioning. There were fans blowing, but just blowing hot air in your face doesn't really help!!
Pros
insurance, paid sick days, paid personal days.
Cons
hot in the summer.
Easy work for decent pay
T&T Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2012
It is an inbound call center that takes requests for transporttion adn translation services for workman's comp claimants.
We work with adjusster, case managers, lawyers and injurde workers and provide many services, in my department it is transportation and translation. We have just merged with One Call Medical our closest competitor and management and policies will be changing. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep my moral up when its so easy to let it go down hill. We are not prmitted to do anything except take the phone calls and when those calls are not coming in we can no longer read a book, do anything to past the time in between calls, some of the policies in place have no ryhme or reason and if you are not "in" with management you are targeted adn singled out. The rules are not enforced equally, one person may get coached about something, like not compliant with dress code and some one else that is not complaint that management likes more than the last is not coached. Themost enjoyable part about the job is that it is an easy job, and the co workers I chose to associate with are wonderful. The pay is decent. The chances of moving up from the department I am in is slim to none.
Alright place to work
verifier (Current Employee) –  elkhart inMarch 8, 2012
Its alright place. Decent benefits- best vacations Ive ever recieved, however, the some of the management is not very good. they like to make changes and expect the employees to work to their high standards yet dont ask them what changes they think need to be made in order for them to work faster... all in all only work here if your desperate for a job and plan to bust *** and get nothing in return