MSD Employee Reviews

It was actually to slow paced for me
Saudering little tiny airplane pieces (Former Employee) –  Darlington SC 29532January 28, 2018
I liked the benefits they has really great benefits.. I liked the manager she was really nice and helpful.. The only thing really was that u had to sit n one spot all but 30 minutes a day that to me got real tiring.. But it was ok I love to work so it worked out for me pretty good..
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Only one 30 minute break ..
Nice place to work
Project Manager/Consultant (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAJanuary 11, 2018
This is my second time at Merck, although I'm here as a contractor this time. Merck is a stable company with a fairly relaxed work environment. Hiring has picked up since I left in 2013, although they seem to only hire for full time Merck positions if you have a specialized degree and or background (e.g. Chemists/Chemical Engineers/Pharmacists).
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Difficult to get hired onto the "varsity" team.
They left me out to dry when my medical problems arose.
PM Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILDecember 29, 2017
I was one of their best bench techs. I had some problems and they freaked out on me. I was making good money. If you have a medical problem look out if it last more than a week.
Pros
Good pay and Benifits
Cons
Don't get sick
Great company
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 12, 2017
Great business in the Dayton area. Lots of growth over the years. Family owned. Respected in the construction field. See their trucks everywhere daily.
work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 24, 2017
the job was good just a lot of favoritism within the company and not equal to women who work there but flexible work hours very hard to advance in the company
Merck
Senior executive representive (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2017
typical day is calling on physician offices, discussion product details, advantages and disadvantages of our products. show the physicians and nurser how to effectively prescribe our products
and follow with pharmacies that the products are being prescribed
Pros
having a great product that the customers want
Cons
really not any cons to the job
Great company and products
Global medical affairs (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAOctober 21, 2017
Merck is a great company with a great tradition for both products and employee satisfaction. The company has a great culture and it does pay attention to employee satisfaction.
Pros
Great products, great people
Cons
Not any that come to mind.
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor - Westpoint PA (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2017
Good place to work. Worked there for many years at many sites. Some sites better than others. Can be a very stressful environment with new company model and work load. But overall a good company who takes care of their employees.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Heavy work load at times
Nice place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day was answering phones, intake orders, manage accounts, and assisting customers.
Most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
Hardest part of the job - there really wasn't a hard part.
Very Old School
Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 5, 2017
If you're in your in your early 50's or closer to retirement this is the place for you. Not so much for young professional who likes a vibrant environment. IT is the biggest problem in this company, lacking update software or losing business because of poor IT department. Also, management is all over the place on what they want from you and like giving their 2 cents on just about everything you do.
work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  CMFAugust 29, 2017
Msd is a great place to work by far the best place I have worked. I have introduce a few young man to msd, and some been hired in, and are doing well.never in the Same place. Love the outdoors and moving around, meet alkind of people manegment are personal and professional help you with problems if you need to talk with them CEO care about the employees. We have a great union .The employees get along good.
Pros
boot every year a raise ever year and somuch more
Ok no advancement
Executive Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford County, CTAugust 29, 2017
Averagesyabke nice people but very political zits all about who you know There have been few products that are blockbuster in a while The environment pretends to be safe to speak up but it's not Its more about being politically correct
Pros
Friends
Cons
Management no advancement
Productive working environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 21, 2017
I loved working here. The atmosphere was intriguing and being able to expand my knowledge and resume in the medical field wa sa dream come true. If I wasn't moving to a different state to further my education, I wouldn't be leaving.
Fantastic experience - excellent place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed administering the clerical responsibilities for 7 scientific laboratories and the fast paced environment. Working with the various department heads in Microbial Pharmacometrics and learning about the development of pharmaceutical medications from research to development proved beneficial to my overall skill building attributes.
Pros
Excellent salaries and benefits. Family friendly environment
Good district with great potential!
Substitute Teacher, Stafford (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TexasAugust 12, 2017
Stafford Municipal School District is one of the best option for public school in the area. The entire district is centrally located on a beautiful campus that is well maintained by staff.
Pros
People who care
Cons
No real consequences for inappropriate behavior
nice experience with a good pharmacitical
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRAugust 4, 2017
Assistant to the Supervisor of the Mechanical Engineering Branch. Responsibilities included reporting, scheduling, tracking employee time sheets, generating purchase orders and confirming receipt of technical equipment. Responsible for all customer service-related communications via email and dedicated support line. Worked closely with the Engineers and provided support to achieve daily and long term goals. • Skills in word processing (MSWord and PowerPoint)
Pros
computer skills
Cons
health care
Working at MSD
Associate Level (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCJuly 11, 2017
Working at MDS was very challenging. I lived about 5 miles so it was close to work. I was a supervisory their for about 15 associates to train and work with. Plant soon closed after I left and moved to Florence location.
Highly demanding, great learning and growth environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caguas Municipio, PRMarch 16, 2017
Working for a start up company in that time was very demanding. I enjoyed every bit of it because not only was there the routine work but everyday was an opportunity to put to work my ability and skills to multitask, solve problems, meet the needs of the department and company; and to learn and grow within the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Machine Operator
Textile Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SC 29532August 21, 2016
Operator a machine. This company is CLOSED
This was a very good job to work for but it is closed now. You had 45 min lunch break and two 15 min breaks.
Poductive and Challenging place to work.
CFO/COO (Former Employee) –  Darlington County, SCAugust 9, 2016
Great Company and people. Productive atmosphere. Challenging work environment. Great management plenty of opportunities
to show my abilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2