MSHA Employee Reviews

Good job, but can be hard
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at work would start off with seeing how many side dishes and dessert i needed to make, or getting ready to wash the dishes after breakfast. -- just depended what position i worked that day.

Its a good job, but it does wear you out by the end of the day.

The work schedule was not always the best, days off were not always in a row.

enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the residents had a good meal that day.

hard part of the job was working the early hours of the morning
dont work here, keep looking
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 27, 2016
this is the worst company I have ever worked for, I was here 5 years thinking it would get better given time, but it only got worse. no pay increases, no room for promotion, great co workers
high intensity
ER Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 27, 2016
A very fast paced employer .
Accuracy in work a must.
Enjoyable work setting
If you like fast paced 7days on 7days off shifts this job may be for you
OK pay and great hours.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 19, 2016
----Great hours and pay was ok. Most Co-Workers were great, some others were mean, judgmental, lazy, pushy, and was not a part of the team member life.
----Management: Unable to be partial, not people orientated, unable to preform there duties like professional (not able to keep there personal feeling out of there work). Most of them were not educated enough to be managers, and it showed in their performance and interactions with employees. Some were bullies to employees underneath them (looking down on them, talking harsh and down to them, being plan mean). Most Managers never showed respect to employees underneath them.
----What I learned was not to be friends with any one, don't go out of your way to help any one, because they will stab you in the back. Just do your job and not to worry about others: they will find there way.
----What I miss about working at the hospital was my patients and helping them. I am good at what i do and my patients loved me for it.
----The hardest thing was working a floor of 20 patients by yourself and the RN's too busy to help you, mostly. This included, bathing, vitals 4 x daily, feeding if needed, assist to the bathroom, answer call lights and ruin things for the RN's.
Pros
hours and pay
Helping others
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 25, 2016
I love the field of nursing. Taking care of people is a humbling and fulling part of my life. If i could help one person in battling or over come a problem it was the greatest feeling. You have to not judge anyone in each circumstance. My co-workers were great, great team building and helping each other was a positive in our facility.
Pros
team work
Cons
short staffed
MSHA Internship
Information Systems Materials Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNApril 18, 2016
Everyday I would go into JCMC hospital I would be greeted by the employees I was working with. They took me in and taught me as much as they could, and included me on as much as they could. I learned so much at MSHA.
One of my all time favorite jobs
Diagnostic Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNApril 14, 2016
At the time I was employed at Indian Path Medical Center it was one of the greatest work environments I could ask for. Management was always willing to work with you on any situation. Staff was amazing and everyone seemed to work well together.
Pros
Management, well coordinated staff, cafeteria food wasn't bad
Cons
anti nicotine campaign
Good place to work but I got burn out after thirty one years
Coal Mine Inspector (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYApril 9, 2016
This job was inspired to protect the health and safety of the coal miners and being a former coal miner it was needed. I learned that that you can life by the regulations and still be a productive coal mine. By and large the co workers and management were professional people. The hardest part of the job was when you had to investigate an accident that cause someone to get hurt or killed. The best part of the job was when the mining industry in west Kentucky went several years without a fatal accident.
Pros
B Good benefits
Cons
The responsibilities of this occupation is so great and mistakes can be disastrous
Did not care for the atmosphere.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TNFebruary 2, 2016
There was way to much drama in the offices. I liked the job I was doing but it was looking like that I was going to have to move out west.
Pros
Working only 40 hours a week.
Cons
Job was getting unstable and the possibillity of having to go out west to wrok.
Cool Job
Operator (Former Employee) –  Weeping Water, NESeptember 24, 2015
Company Trains you with the proper and safe ways to work. Need to learn that workers have a life too outside of mining. Really good compensation besides that.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Job Placement
Mountain States Health Alliance is a good place to work.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mountain City, TNSeptember 15, 2015
At present I work in outpatient Therapy Group with a Therapist and a Psychiatrist. My job is very rewarding and feeling you have done something to help others. We now have much support with our program . Patients are benefiting very much with this is very rewarding to us.
Pros
working with others and seeing the happpiness in them
Great Company to work for.
Ask A Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnson City TNAugust 12, 2015
Love it Great people to work for excellent co workers enjoyed my time there just to far away at the time to work. Management is wonderful
I loved working in Receiving
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNMay 27, 2015
Enjoyed working with co workers
Enjoyed meeting new people delivering to other departments
learned many things dealing with Freight
Hardest part was the lifting of the iv solution
Looked forward to whatever the day would bring in to us
Enjoyed learning new things
The Team Work Was Great
Pros
at times we were able to break as a team
Cons
would have to work Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving
Could use some changes to some policies that are unfair!
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REP (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 13, 2014
What I do in a days work is come in and work patient accounts to get them paid through insurance companies and try to be productive in my daily task to decrease days in a/r and timely denials. Managment is pretty good to get along with. Some of them like to have fun and try to make the work day fun. Some are to serious. I love the people I work with. The hardest part of the job is try to trying to juggle your personal life with the fact that you might loose your job just because your kid gets sick, even if you have a doctors excuse. The most enjoyable part is making new friends and being able to help people
Emergency Department-RN (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 29, 2014
Great management
Great work environment
Flexible hours
Great co-workers
Team work is expected
MSHA is an excellent Hospital Laboratory
MLT (Former Employee) –  Johnson City TNAugust 29, 2014
MSHA Laboratory is a large Level 1 Trauma Center Laboratory. I found it an excellent laboratory in which to learn quality testing techniques. Management cared for their staff, and treated everyone equally.
I am very pleased with the workspace
Part Time Employment (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNAugust 6, 2014
I love doing my volunteer work and Johnny Clark is a super person to work for. Johnny is very helpful to me when I must have time off for doctors appointments and confinement in the hospital as a patient. I volunteer on the third floor waiting room and every Doctor, Nurse is more that pleasant with me. When I was in the hospital the manager of the area stopped in to see me in my room. I also received get well card signed by all the staff. They are just super to me and I love volunteering here.
Pros
Free ice tea
Cons
There are no cons
Ok place to work for
CNA (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 23, 2014
very demanding job due to understaffing and cut backs most of the time. Work load is def not worth getting paid barely over mimimum wage
Pros
Free soda and sometimes snacks
Cons
To much work expected for very little pay
good place to work
Blasting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  usaAugust 18, 2013
typical day of work 8 to 15 hrs a day managment was fair co workers worked together well when the drills went down and we worked all day and night to ensure the shot could be drilled working with the costumers
I enjoyed getting the experience in the various jobs I have had.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Abingdon, VAJuly 16, 2013
I have learned different things from the various jobs I have held. Experience is important in life to learn to do many things. I feel like I have been a good employee in each of these jobs and tried to do my very best.
Pros
Meeting people from all walks opf life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSHA. Our community is ready to answer.