Mspark Employee Reviews

Family atmosphere company
Local Account Executive (Former Employee) –  NE AlabamaFebruary 2, 2017
Great place to work! They care and take care of the employees with a great balace of work and fun! Benefits are good, pay is good and management is very professional. Great leadership!
It's ok
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALNovember 22, 2016
I like the job. I would go back if u had to. I need better pay though and more hours. It's a good job for a teenager or someone with a busy schedule.
Pros
Two weeks off
Cons
Two weeks off
great first job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALNovember 16, 2016
It's a great first job, but definitely not a career unless you are in sales or management. It used to be a great company, but many changes left all the works in a professional sweatshop environment.
Pros
big cube, on site gym
Cons
expect to work overtime, micro-managed, low pay
Excellent Benefits, Excellent Culture
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALAugust 2, 2016
This company goes above and beyond for its employees. Benefits are fantastic, company gatherings and events. They try to really make it a fun atmosphere to work in.

The pay is a little lower than what you may find closer to the city. Also, the town that this company is headquartered in is small and congested. Which is obviously not the company's fault. Just something to keep in mind when commuting.
Pros
18 days of PTO, cheap insurance, other great benefits, employee awards, company events and picnics, fun work atmosphere
Cons
My position was pretty monotonous- which is why I left, the atmosphere of this department seemed a little like the halls of high school
High Challenge, High energy each day
TERRITORIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IANovember 6, 2015
cold calling on business for their marketing needs to determine if direct mail or digital marketing would help grow their business.
Learn different duties
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Avon, INOctober 30, 2015
. I was in charge of trying to separate bagels, making sure they were round and not too tiny, overweight or dirty. I also was constantly trying to delivered a very good production.
Pros
How shifts worked
Cons
No breaks
December 23, 2015

I think this person is confused... we do not make bagels. But I do not have anything against bagels :)

Best Sales Experience
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  North AlabamaOctober 7, 2015
Of course it's hard, it's sales!... but the products are strong, the benefits are clear for customers and a little hard work really pays off! Management keeps things interesting with contests and incentives. You have to be able to keep yourself focused,because a manager is not going to be breathing down your neck every day. Flexibility is great!
Pros
Flexibility, opportunity to grow your book of business
Cons
Must be able to self motivate every day
Terminated without Warning
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALSeptember 10, 2015
The company has great support and training and a wonderful "family" atmosphere. They encourage teamwork and treat their employees well. Commission on the digital products they are pushing is negligible at best. I was AT GOAL for the quarter AND had no written or verbal warnings, although suggestions for improvements had been casually discussed upon field visits with my manager. I was called on a Monday and told that my job was terminated immediately, with no real reason given other than a politically correct statement.
December 23, 2015

We do not terminate people without giving them a chance to improve their performance unless there is cause. Not only is it not nice, it would be a waste of time and resources.

Mspark focuses on selling our direct mail and data analytic products that work for our core verticles: restaurant, automotive, furniture, mattress, hardware, grocery, and fitness & salon and our compensation reflects that. Our direct marketing products produce measurable ROI for our customers. Some of our customers also benefit from digital products to complement our print products but we are not a digital only company.

Productive and fun work environment
team lead (Current Employee) –  indianapolis indianaAugust 13, 2015
I love my job and there are so many interesting people and different cultures there. I love my boss and my supervisor they are very stern but also very good people, when you have any kind of problem whether it be work or personal they are there for you. I personally don't think there is anything hard at all about my job. I wish they offered more days out of the month. I would never look for another job if they did. But the only downside is that it is only 9 days out of the month.
Pros
crushed ice
Cons
no full-time
Family Environment
Client Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Helena ALAugust 5, 2015
There is a HUGE sense of family. Everyone is willing to work around your life to that there is an equal work life balance.
The company is growing daily and more opportunities for advancement continue to grow as well.
Very Bad Taste in my mouth
Territorial Account Exec (Former Employee) –  Jackson MsDecember 12, 2014
Overall a great company, until most recent manager came to the Jackson area. She discharged me without giving me the opportunity to fix the problem areas. Also accused of falsehoods. Tried to defend myself to no avail. Upper management wouldn't hear my side of the story. I was one of the top performers.
Pros
work from home, have own schedule
Cons
constant turn over at corporate office (support staff) - con- the manager for Miss District
December 23, 2015

There are two sides to every story. We do not terminate employees without cause.

intense, fast-paced company with high expectations
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 18, 2014
I like that I can work from home with no supervisor to see every day. The product is a hard sell because of its price point.
Great company for the right person
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  HelenaJuly 21, 2014
If someone wants to be able to take off whenever they want, for whatever reason they want, then Mspark is not the place. The company relies on their employees to meet deadlines to fulfill our customer's advertising needs.

Most of the sales people work out of their homes. The company provides their sales people a lot of support; technical, administrative, graphic design, etc... Mspark is starting to roll out digital products in addition to direct mail.

People that work at the headquarters do have regular hours that they must work including periodic overtime to meet mailing deadlines. This is not the management's decision but rather a necessity of the business they are in. The attire is business casual with an emphasis on the casual. There are high expectations for performance but that is why I like it here. If you want to work for a company that pays you for just showing up, look elsewhere.

Mspark does everything they can to provide each person in the interview process a realistic view of what is expected of them and what they can expect from the company.
Pros
Performance oriented company, business casual attire
Cons
You actually have to work :)
Not a good company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Helena, ALFebruary 25, 2014
Very low job security and doesn't understand that family problems can happen.
Pros
Cons
Job security
December 23, 2015

We do understand that family problems can happen and we strive to be as flexible as possible. Unfortunately our customers are not as flexible and we are in a deadline oriented business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mspark. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8