MSU Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great Benefits, No career
NA (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIApril 20, 2017
Management is undertrained and afraid to make decisions, leaving the average worker with no advancement or chance to shine. CEO does not hold VP staff accountable, even with many complaints submitted to HR. HR did minimal review and did not follow through. Many people only work there for the benefits because they are essentially free, but would not work there otherwise. Management won't communicate to each other so work is often duplicated or done incorrectly. In house programs are out of date and limit staff. You are asked to have a great attitude and not say a word otherwise - even if things are awful.
Pros
benefits, great 401k matching
Cons
no advancement, management is a joke
Great People
Assistant Manager/Leadership Development Program (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 15, 2015
The people at MSUFCU are what make it a great place to work. It is a company of great opportunity. You can work hard and be promoted quickly.
Laid back workplace but can get old quick
Teller (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMarch 10, 2015
Work with your schedule as you need days off. Not a hard job but very little training. Management does not communicate so things get crossed easily.
A great company
Credit Union Associate (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 29, 2014
While at MSUFCU, I have learned so much on professionalism, procedures, and time management. The managers went out of their way to help each individual better themselves, and my co-workers are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is remembering how to do certain more complex things. The most enjoyable part is having the ability to assist member while building relationships.
Pros
Overtime
Professional and fun place to work
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed my time at the credit union. They gave me the start to my career in accounting and I have learned a lot. It's a great place to work.
Terrific Office Culture
Mortgage Clerk, Teller, Marketing (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMarch 28, 2014
Coworkers and administrators are like family and friends. It was a terrific office culture I miss. Was sorry this to leave but took a promotion to the big green, MSU. For the largest credit union in the nation, they really make you feel like you're working for a small personal organization.
Pros
Training, Hr, Culture
Cons
Benefits
Call Center Specialist I (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIDecember 1, 2013
The benefits are excellent, the pay however is not competitive.
Good Place to start
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIOctober 28, 2013
Worked on a daily basis with members face to face, have also worked with them over the phone. I gained many years of experience working within the credit union, having the opportunity of working within various departments. The Credit Union provides employees with various trainings, keeping them up to date on products and services. Have an excellent benefits package.
I loved my coworkers, they are/were a great team of people to work with.
One of the most difficult parts of the job for me was even though there is an open door policy at times it did not feel this way. Some employees were given projects to work on, while others were overlooked (they were just as capable) of performing projects/tasks as others within the office.
The most enjoyable part of the job were the many personalities and getting to know many of the members by name. I loved seeing all of them.

Want to know more about MSU Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MSU Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

MSU Federal Credit Union Reviews by Location